Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
9 Provinces OOC Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you checked out the RP?
  Yeah, looks fun!
  Yeah, have fun with that.
  What RP?
  Obligatory gold option
View Results

LiriaLawrence

Dapper Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:22 am
9 Provinces OOC
Howdy gang! This is the OOC thread for the 9 Provinces RP I started. Make yourselves at home!
Ask Questions
Discuss Character Development
Plot between each other
Shoot the shtuff with each other

Let's get to know each other!

Members:
LiriaLawrence
SUPER_X_KAMI_X _GURU
Valentine Valtieri
KAMI GEARX
Snowyfoxs
Angel-Kami-Sama
Galain Fletchawk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:32 pm
Whew! Ok, guys. I'm going to give you all a little more info about the history of the 9 Provinces.
They can be a bit convoluted, but I'll try to give you some of the basic background.

Over the past several hundred years, each of the 9 Provinces have always struggled for control over the others. Each province has a resource that gives them an advantage:
Silvermarch has control of the Wyldecrystal mines. Northshine has gold, pure and simple. Marshcastle, though located in dangerous swamp is known for it's powerful herbs. Holtzbrook is surrounded by a great forest filled with the strongest wood in the provinces. Liefmarch has produces the strongest textiles. Drywell is located in the southern desert and offers rare and exotic incense and spices. Easthearth's main export is coal and stone. Meadowreach is south of Easthearth and located on the coast. They control the southeast coast and supply pearls and fish to the other provinces. And of course, Westhaven is known for their strong steel.

When King Tybaut took the throne of Silvermarch, he used the Wyldecrystals to raise an army and force the other provinces under his rule. Only a few skirmishes actually occurred, but that was all it took to convince the other provinces that they couldn't withstand the might of King Tybaut. In return for their pledge of obedience, Tybaut promised to begin selling the Wyldecrystals (at a steep price, of course). This ended up making Silvermarch the richest and most powerful Province. What's more, is King Tybaut was only 16 when he began this undertaking.  

LiriaLawrence

Dapper Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tipsy 100

Snowyfoxs

Nostalgic Waffles

14,415 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:08 pm
LiriaLawrence

Question! What is the currency used in the 9 province? Are there also copper and silver coins? If yes, what is the rate of exchange?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:18 pm
Snowyfoxs
LiriaLawrence

Question! What is the currency used in the 9 province? Are there also copper and silver coins? If yes, what is the rate of exchange?

Excellent Question! 10 copper=1 silver, 10 silver=1 gold.
Most coins are left over from the eras before King Tybaut's reign, however, once Silvermarch became the most powerful of the provinces, they began melting coins from Northshine and re-printing them in with Tybaut's likeness.
Before the Tybaut's reign, it was common for people to use half-coins, too. However, King Tybaut has declared it treason to cut the coins with his likeness (not that it doesn't still happen).

A couple coppers will usually buy you a meal. 5 will buy you a night at a tavern. Depending on the Province, 500 gold (your final reward) would buy you a decent home with a small parcel of land.  

LiriaLawrence

Dapper Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tipsy 100

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:41 pm
LiriaLawrence

My turn! Is it possible to empower a Wyldecrystal through enough use? I remember you referencing D&D, so I was thinking we'd be able to increase our power with magic, as well as our fighting ability.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:01 pm
Valentine Valtieri
LiriaLawrence

My turn! Is it possible to empower a Wyldecrystal through enough use? I remember you referencing D&D, so I was thinking we'd be able to increase our power with magic, as well as our fighting ability.
Empower, no. Wyldecrystals have a finite amount of power, however, practice can eventually allow you to gain stronger control over your crystal. Some crystals also get stronger when they reach certain environments (as in the case of Nier's crystal being optimum, the darker it is).  

LiriaLawrence

Dapper Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tipsy 100

LiriaLawrence

Dapper Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:02 pm
Great questions, everyone! Keep them coming! Also...I really want some coffee...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:23 pm
I have provided a little tension to the group! (Tee Hee~! whee ) So lets see how we work this out, I also have several other dark secrets working and spinning about in my evil head of mine. Muhahaha! I also don't mind having my characters killed off if they become very detrimental to the group and everyone can't forgive them.  

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100

LiriaLawrence

Dapper Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:05 pm
Well, hopefully we don't have to kill off many characters. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:11 pm
Cue the "dun dun dun duuun".  

Snowyfoxs

Nostalgic Waffles

14,415 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Invisibility 100

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:08 pm
Snowyfoxs
Cue the "dun dun dun duuun".

Good thing nobody else is around. To them, Nier is still just the friendly ol' Aiden Summas!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:04 am
Same for Kosaka, he's simply the drunk mercenary for now  

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:13 am
LiriaLawrence

Woot! We changed chapters! I know how the next one begins.

"And then the NINJAS attacked...!" or something like that.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:37 am
LOL! I know, I'm super excited! This is the first RP I've been in that has lasted more than a few posts. XD  

LiriaLawrence

Dapper Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tipsy 100

Valentine Valtieri

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:46 am
LiriaLawrence

I know how that feels. It's pretty awesome to get something rolling so well! A question, though. Will we be given a scenario before we're good to post, or should we just assume we're on the road right now and only just leaving? Or something in between there and back?  
U/C

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff