Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Escape from Deraxon Keep[April 5th Skype Game]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:39 pm
Table-top gaming day. I recently learned of such a holiday through another thread in this same forum. I am more or less pleased at this information. So I thought, what better way to celebrate this holiday than to run a game for my fellow table-top enthusiasts. However this will not be your standard forum based game. Oh no we're going to be doing this over Skype in real-time. Perhaps we'll even get some Roll20.net business going, who knows?

[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]
  • 7]
  • 8]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
The idea behind this game will be to serve as an introduction into D&D 3.5 for those of us who have yet to learn this system. The session will be designed as a one-shot game with an open ending for continuation if the group likes their characters. It will also serve as a nice introduction to my more story based version of Mundesa, the setting to which my Sandbox game is attached though there will be differences because of the change to the setting in game style. So this game will hold some interest for both new and old players.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
As said the setting will be the continent of Mundesa, a place filled to the brim with magic, steam-punk style technology, and crazy politics. Oh and big monsters, lets not forget those.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
The players are going to be starting off in a dungeon and I mean that in the literal "jail" kind, not the type in which they are entering a place of adventure. Your characters have been abducted by a clan of evil deep dwarves and you must make your escape from their compound! Success will be determined by wit, guile, and a whole lot of ale!

[ Character Creation ]
For new players I will be available 2 hours before game start to help you roll up your character.

Available Sources:Almost All WotC material, homebrew to be approved.
Banned Resources:No psionics or

ECL: 1
Gold: Standard for class at level 1, your possessions have been taken from you.
Races: Any
Ability Scores*: Roll 2 sets of ability scores made of a 7 rolls of 4d6, dropping the lowest number in each roll, choose best set and drop lowest roll.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points:Max 1st level, rolled after
Alignments: Any
Pantheon:Any
Backgrounds:Prefer some kind of lower social standing but anything is fine.

[ House/Optional Rules ]
You should really see my Actors thread, it explains some things...

Meeting specifics

The game is planned to START at 5PM USA EST on April 5th but I will be online 2 hours before that to help new players roll up their characters. The session will last until the players have completed their mission of escape and I'll be able to play well into the night should it take that long. However the planned run time is actually fairly short and it should be pretty painless.

Skype name: "removed" no quotation marks. I will be editing this out after the game. Please include some kind of notation telling me who you are so I don't disregard you.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:28 am
No interest I see. Game canceled.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:20 pm
I swung by to see how it went.

Sorry it didn't went sad As previously stated, I had plans.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:18 am
*shrug*. I just went down to the local game shop and played the weekly M:TG torny. Actually won a few rounds which is rare considering everyone who does those regularly has crazy rares in their decks and stomps me usually.

If people want to give it another go at another time them they can just resurrect the thread. Till then I've got things to keep me occupied.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff