Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
looking for interest - The Test of Time [Engine Heart]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Xenar1 rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 7, 5, 5, 3 Total: 30 (5-50)

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:02 pm
hello all! i am back! and i come with a new game (for me at least) i would like to see in action. i will be running partially by the mini modules but what DM would i be if i didn't throw a few curve balls?

the game is called Engine Heart and isn't as mechanically inclined as D&D and runs off of nothing but d10s. a free PDF can be found containing most of the features this game has to offer to make a workable robot.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/23424514/images/1362018984739.pdf

[ Character Sheets ]

[ Setting Information/Background ]
the humans are gone and have left the world to the machines. the machines for their part haven't noticed beyond there being no humans in their vicinity and have continued on with their current programming. some though have broken away from their programming and try to survive a harsh degrading world. you are one of these robots. whether you are looking for a place to call home or for your now absent masters you must survive.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
you find yourself in the town of midland, your system clocks say it's only been a few years since you saw your last human, about six years if you want to be technical. the city itself has yet to truly show it's age but power systems have begun to fail as electrical lines are no longer being properly maintained. in your area only a dozen or so robots have survived in this power outage. will you figure out why the powers failing? or perhaps you have others plans in mind?

[ Character Creation ]

Models: non-spacial, non-military
Ability Scores: all must be at least 1*
xxxxxxxxxx
defects: optional, no more than 40 points worth of them

*if immobile some stats might need to be 0.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] no nuclear batteries. unless you can't move (see NO.5 for more)
2] no giant robots
3] if you have questions just ask them. this is more of a play test but i am sure we can work out any confusing details.
4] androids never made it to the commercial level. they exist but they will all be NPCs.
5] i will not stop you from making an impractical robot. i will let you know if your setup might lead to some problems.
6] no master units. drones can't be more than 2 sizes bigger.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:52 am
I'm interested. I'll give the pdf a more thorough read through tomorrow after work.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:57 am
One question, I just noticed rule #4.

I wanted to use this character of mine . Is that too androidish?

In this setting I was going to have her be some sort of robot built to interact with public(in her original story she was a nanny), hence her human-like appearance. Her face doesn't actually move or change expressions. Its just there to make her look cute and approachable. She sort of like a life sized doll.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:53 am
i suppose it is from an RP perspective. my thoughts were more mechanical as in the actual book there is an android feature (the book and all minimods are free to view and use) so cosmetically you could look like that but you wouldn't get the normal benefits out of it.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:02 am
actually if we have more people wanting androids i may dispense with the rule altogether.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:24 pm
Looks like fun, but i have no idea how to play so ill read the pdf and see what i can figure out  

Rikku DarkHeart KH

Versatile Hunter

4,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:57 pm
I was looking through the pdf you linked and I didn't see anything about androids. Is that in a different pdf?

Edit: Nvm, I found a complete pdf with all the mini mods put in.

here it is  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:48 am
Kowsauni
I was looking through the pdf you linked and I didn't see anything about androids. Is that in a different pdf?

Edit: Nvm, I found a complete pdf with all the mini mods put in.

here it is

yes, i was hoping to keep things simple, the book, as i said, are as free as all the mods.......  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:16 pm
Here's my character sheet for the Cel-Whynall Mobile Charge & Repair Bot, AKA HealBot.

For the Overriding Directive (Major), here is what I had in mind. This robot was kept in fully-fledged hospitals, field hospitals, ambulances and other situations where keeping life-saving machinery charged up and in good repair was absolutely vital. Therefore, it has been programmed to act immediately and autonomously on signals it receives from other robots and machines.

Its overriding directive is this: if the HealBot receives a transmission from a robot or machine indicating that is in need of charging or repair, its programming will immediately cause it to attempt to help the robot/machine in any way possible.

I set this as major because it seemed like it would come up a lot, but it's your call as the DM.

Tell me what you think of the robot and anything else!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:23 am
I've designed three different robots, depending on the other kinds people might want to play. I'll decided on a final one soon. I find the concept behind this game very interesting.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:27 pm
looking over character now.

i am not necessarily looking for a well rounded party here sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:55 pm
Ok, here is Eve's Character sheet.

Eve worked in the same hospital as Alphabet's robot. She took care of patents there until whatever event happened to cause humanity to disappear. Eve is a very rare and expensive unit and use to have several more advanced features such as the ability to auto repair and charge herself via her photophilic hair. In the last 6 years these features have ceased to function. Also in this time she has upgraded her battery and had a cutting laser grafted to her arm for self defense against hostile robots. She now travels with Alphabet's robot in search of humanity.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:55 am
anyone else? i need at least one more character sheet to start. i can always add more later.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games