Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
how to save gaia, my plan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Just a Fumo

Quotable Regular

9,725 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:00 pm
i have been noticing that gaia has been acting up lately, i think it is dying, i think i know why. too many people are buying flynns and candy hearts, we all forgot about the best way to make gold. and we still do it, but we don't properlly explain it to people who are new to gaia, i am talking about vending. its possible for anyone to vend. i say we start teaching new players how to vend so they won't have to buy flynn or candy hearts just to support them selves. the site's owner is not doing anything about updates and stuff. its only stuff in the cash shop. lets help stop gaia from going down the drain  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:13 pm
My theory involves a change in focus - less on gold and items and more on the friendships and interactions. That's why I love NSTG parties and events!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Just a Fumo

Quotable Regular

9,725 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:22 pm
i think that is also a great idea, when i first joined gaia, i didn't have much. but i still had fun half the time ^_^ cosplay as so much fun despite how expensive it was. i was hoping more people should cosplay. but i realized how bad of a decision that would be. back then my dream avi was like 300k or something. i think that there should be more things based on interactions. over the summer i would do a bunch theme get togethers a lot on gaia, there would be a theme or something. everyone was happy. i say we get this thread so popular people would realize that it could be possible  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:56 pm
I've never made it over 52k gold, and I've never experienced or understood how people would make millions of gold. Giveaways always puzzled me. Also, it's really bugged me recently how multiple times every single day has been "new buyable, new cash shop item". Work on the site, there's changes I want to see done that would benefit the whole community rather than another thing to buy. Also what's with the furry things?  

open fire52

Friendly Sophomore

6,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100

Mr Celtic Enigma

Revered Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:15 am
How to save Gaia? This could be a long drawn topic. Might get heated since a lot of people have conflicting views and opinions. However if you want my take from the eight years I have on this site? I can give some options.

#1: Seriously, answer Tickets faster. It shows when Gaia Mods/Higher Ups look at the ticket. It shows when they've read the ticket. Yet it takes about two weeks to respond? Why not then and there? Sure, some Tickets require thorough investigation and research to study the issue at hand. But at least tell us that you're looking into it as opposed to reading it and not giving up a response until two weeks later where we've given up hope by then due to the slowness and thought that no one cares about our troubles or issues.

#2. I'm really.. REALLY starting to despise these nowadays. But honestly? Cut down on the Announcements per day. In one day, I counted Gaia having issued eight announcements from when I logged on around 10:00 AM to about 11:00 PM that night. Everyone on my friends list agrees that these Announcements are way too out of control and are almost borderline considered spam with how much they really have no purpose being sent. If anything, we could easily just go to the Announcements Forum and keep up to date from there ourselves. But to slam us with eight Announcements in one day, non-stop? That's a bit absurd. Calm that down.

#3: Have more Barton Police Department officers or Gaia Mods patrolling Gaia Towns. Especially the Houses. I've seen multiple acts of Cyber Bullying, Cybering in general, Harassment and overall suggestive acts still being taken place, no matter who reports them or not. With what can be taken to the Guild, to PM's, to Gaia Houses and in a quiet, non-used Gaia Neighborhood in Towns? There is an eyebrow raising amount of things that have been done under the radar. I'm not saying that you have to add more rules to the T.O.S or strengthen the policy of how this site is a PG-13 site really, but even certain items in the Marketplace have a sexual theme to them, even a few borderline naked. That, and members have found a way to get away with a "topless Glitch" for female avvies as well as certain poses which elicit sexual references and themes. Just saying, I've seen a lot recently that has gone unchecked.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:44 pm
I personally think they should revamp their mobile app. As it stands right now, the app does jack for me. These days, computer sales are dwindling in favor of mobile smartphones and tablets that usually don't run the full version of Windows required to efficiently navigate the site. By making gaia more accessible, especially in the forum/guild aspect, I feel that it will create an overall better community to work from.

We live in a mobile world today. If gaia doesn't modernize, it will fall behind.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Astra the Fae

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:48 pm
1 In case you havent noticed there is a shortage of mods. Theres only a handful of them that have volunteered that do patrol the forums and towns. Its up to everyone to volunteer to become a mod. Its actuslly so.etching i'm going to do once I hit the criteria. I'm also going to sign up as a FA. I think everyone should and needs to do that.

2. Everyone who has a special talent or suggested something coding wise should sign up to be devs and writers

I'm more disappoIntend in the lack of volunteers. Its easy to suggest things but its another thing to do them. If you want gaia to get better then you should take a more active role in it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:41 pm
_Feraligatr_Ftw_
i have been noticing that gaia has been acting up lately, i think it is dying, i think i know why. too many people are buying flynns and candy hearts, we all forgot about the best way to make gold. and we still do it, but we don't properlly explain it to people who are new to gaia, i am talking about vending. its possible for anyone to vend. i say we start teaching new players how to vend so they won't have to buy flynn or candy hearts just to support them selves. the site's owner is not doing anything about updates and stuff. its only stuff in the cash shop. lets help stop gaia from going down the drain

"That's what she said."
Should give U an achievement....
I agree with U... I remember the good ole days before gaia cash... They worry way 2 much on GC.... There R way 2 many announcements 99% of them about GC or cash shop... I've got to where I don't even read them any more I just click click click them off.... Someone told me the new owner wants it 2 die out, cuz that's what he does is get big sites then runs them down to nothing...  

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250

Aries Ascended

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:58 pm
If our love is tragedy why are you my remedy?

I wish that someone would step up and fix guilds. :c
I know that they don't have enough people to really work on it, but it's in serious need of updating.

On another note:
Flynn needs to just stop.
Everything associated with her.
Just.
Stop.

If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games