Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
❀ ℊaians in ℊlitter ❀ new raffle in 4th post!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If I'm going to splurge, it'll be on...
  Eye products (eyeshadow, mascara, etc.)
  Face products (foundation, concealer, powder, etc.)
  Contour products (blush, bronzer, etc.)
  Lip products (lipstick, gloss, balm, etc.)
  Pizza (supreme, veggie, sausage, etc.)
View Results

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:25 pm
Hi Madam Chai!

Lip gloss is fantastic. I have a few, but I'm slowly becoming more and more about that lipstick. I'm not quite sure what prompted the change. My favorite lip gloss is Temptress by Bare Minerals; it's the perfect MLBB ("my lips but better") shade.

Bath and Body Works does have great lip glosses, among other stuff! Love their brand. And I, too, have the first Naked palette. I love the colors Sin, Sidecar, and Half-Baked.

"Seven sheets into the wind" -- I have never heard that expression in my life, but I love it! Indeed, a little liquor is always a great confidence boost. emotion_dealwithit

Haha, I did know about that trend! I personally would never rock it myself, but if anyone reading this does like it, go for it! Be true to you. 3nodding

Madam Chai
❀ What is your everyday makeup routine?

Nothing complicated- moisturizer, Bare Minerals foundation and mineral veil topped off with some Bath and Body works lip gloss cuz the flavors on that are 4laugh

❀ What is one product you could not live without? I'm a lip gloss whore. Srsly.I have one eyeshadow pallet- the Urban Decay Naked collection. But I have an entire make up bag full of flavored lip glosses.

❀ When do you feel the most beautiful? For me, this really has nothing to do with make up. Its usually when I'm out with friends on a Friday night and I'm seven sheets to the wind. xd

And posting this just for the lulz, but anyone ever heard of the Japanese Ganguro style? Behold, in all its scary glory:

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:32 pm
Ebania
Hi Madam Chai!

Lip gloss is fantastic. I have a few, but I'm slowly becoming more and more about that lipstick. I'm not quite sure what prompted the change. My favorite lip gloss is Temptress by Bare Minerals; it's the perfect MLBB ("my lips but better") shade.

Bath and Body Works does have great lip glosses, among other stuff! Love their brand. And I, too, have the first Naked palette. I love the colors Sin, Sidecar, and Half-Baked.

"Seven sheets into the wind" -- I have never heard that expression in my life, but I love it! Indeed, a little liquor is always a great confidence boost. emotion_dealwithit

Haha, I did know about that trend! I personally would never rock it myself, but if anyone reading this does like it, go for it! Be true to you. 3nodding

]

I'm not a fan of ganguro myself, but I do think its awesome if peopls have the confidence to wear that. xd

I love that saying- I'm not sure where I picked it up at though, but its a good way to describe it XD Liquor and friends are usually a fun combination =D

I just love the flavors of the Bath and Body works lip glosses. I used to have a few lipsticks but I never wear them- actually, they ended up in my little sister's make up case. xd  

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:42 pm
Indeed -- friends and liquor are a fun combo! As long as you're responsible and safe. 3nodding

Haha! Glosses are definitely more fun and easier to apply, that much is true. Lipstick has to be super precise, or else it just looks messy and juvenile.

Madam Chai
I'm not a fan of ganguro myself, but I do think its awesome if peopls have the confidence to wear that. xd

I love that saying- I'm not sure where I picked it up at though, but its a good way to describe it XD Liquor and friends are usually a fun combination =D

I just love the flavors of the Bath and Body works lip glosses. I used to have a few lipsticks but I never wear them- actually, they ended up in my little sister's make up case. xd

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:50 pm
Ebania
Indeed -- friends and liquor are a fun combo! As long as you're responsible and safe. 3nodding

Haha! Glosses are definitely more fun and easier to apply, that much is true. Lipstick has to be super precise, or else it just looks messy and juvenile.

Madam Chai

I definately agree with the lipstick! I think that's why I like the gloss- its more forgiving and I can apply it without looking in a mirror.  

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

eclaire5

Shy Protagonist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:14 pm
Ebania
First of all, your avatar is absolutely lovely.

Yeah, summertime is a great time to be lighter on the makeup; no one wants to wear it on their chest after it's melted, haha (although some powder may help). And eyeliner is definitely a big help! I only apply it if I have time, though.

I agree about the neutral lip with a bolder eye; it doesn't make the eyes and lips compete. Likewise, if I do a bold lip, I'll play down the eye by a lot.

eclaire5
❀ What is your everyday makeup routine?
It depends on the time of year. In the summer, I usually just wear some moisturizer, maybe a dash of blush, and some gloss. The rest of the year, I wear a light liquid base makeup, a little concealer, dash of blush, and a little gloss or lipstick.

❀ What is one product you could not live without?
Eyeliner because when I don't wear it, I feel like my eyes almost disappear.

❀ When do you feel the most beautiful?
When I go out at night, that's when I do up the eye makeup & I love the sparkle & glam. I usually do a very neutral lip then so it's not too much. smile

Thank you! I did this avi in honor of Oscar night. Guess it's about time for a change soon! LOL
And I totally agree- I also play down the eye when I wear bright lipstick. Sometimes, I just feel like a red lipstick! But that plus a smoky eye would look too "painted," while playing up just one (either eyes or lips) looks chic, imho! wink  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:15 pm
Ebania
I love them both. Did you hear that Bubz is pregnant? Her vlogs are so great!

iLollipopss
My favourite makeup gurus are Bubzbeauty and Michelle Phan.

Yeeah, I know right
I didn't believe it at first and till I watched the video emotion_awesome  

iLollipopss

Generous Giver

12,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:48 am
For my everyday look, I go for a grey eyeshadow, but skip the liner due to the fact that I have thick-framed glasses. I use a bit of powdered concealer for my cheeks (they tend to get splotchy, especially in colder weather) and a lipstick that's slightly darker than my natural lips. I go for red if I'm feeling bold.

I've been looking for a black lipstick though, for both cosplay and normal wear purposes. There's this one and this one I've been looking at.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:42 am
It's definitely more forgiving, for sure. Have you ever tried a tinted lip balm? I have one from Clinique that is gorgeous.

Madam Chai
Ebania

Madam Chai

I definately agree with the lipstick! I think that's why I like the gloss- its more forgiving and I can apply it without looking in a mirror.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:46 am
That is absolutely precious! And your new one is equally as cute; I should dress up festively soon, too! ^__^

I agree with your assessment; I generally shy away from overly-bold combinations, especially as I slowly increase my level of skill in makeup application. I'd hate for something to look cheap.

eclaire5
Thank you! I did this avi in honor of Oscar night. Guess it's about time for a change soon! LOL
And I totally agree- I also play down the eye when I wear bright lipstick. Sometimes, I just feel like a red lipstick! But that plus a smoky eye would look too "painted," while playing up just one (either eyes or lips) looks chic, imho! wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:47 am
What's your favorite Bubzbeauty video? I love the one on makeup removal )(I actually use Leed beauty puffs because of Bubz, haha) and having a spa day at home. I'm not big into her hair or makeup tutorials, but I'll watch them.

iLollipopss
Yeeah, I know right

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:52 am
Thanks for sharing! So, does eyeliner make your eyes look smaller?

Black lipstick! That's so bold. I don't know if I could ever successfully pull it off, but more power to the gorgeous people who can. As for the Makeup Forever vs. the Etsy one, unfortunately, I've never purchased cosmetics from a homemade source, nor do I have anything by Makeup Forever, so I can't say anything about my experience with them. What brand of lip products do you usually use?

Chaos and Sour Candy
For my everyday look, I go for a grey eyeshadow, but skip the liner due to the fact that I have thick-framed glasses. I use a bit of powdered concealer for my cheeks (they tend to get splotchy, especially in colder weather) and a lipstick that's slightly darker than my natural lips. I go for red if I'm feeling bold.

I've been looking for a black lipstick though, for both cosplay and normal wear purposes. There's this one and this one I've been looking at.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:48 pm
Ebania
Thanks for sharing! So, does eyeliner make your eyes look smaller?

Black lipstick! That's so bold. I don't know if I could ever successfully pull it off, but more power to the gorgeous people who can. As for the Makeup Forever vs. the Etsy one, unfortunately, I've never purchased cosmetics from a homemade source, nor do I have anything by Makeup Forever, so I can't say anything about my experience with them. What brand of lip products do you usually use?

Chaos and Sour Candy

Well, with my glasses it gives me the "raccoon" eyes, and I don't want to look like your stereotypical goth.

I actually use Revlon normally for both my normal shade and my reds. I've heard pretty good things about the etsy one, since one of my friends has used it in her cosplays. Plus, it's cheaper, so there's a plus.  

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:53 pm
I'm procrastinating on doing dishes and goofing off on youtube. Came across this video- make your own lipstick from crayola crayons.

Stupid yahoo insert isn't working for me, so screw it-just tossing up a link scream

Crayola lipstick  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:01 pm
Ebania
What's your favorite Bubzbeauty video? I love the one on makeup removal )(I actually use Leed beauty puffs because of Bubz, haha) and having a spa day at home. I'm not big into her hair or makeup tutorials, but I'll watch them.

iLollipopss
Yeeah, I know right

I like her monthly favourite videos.
Samee, I also like her bubbiosity videos  

iLollipopss

Generous Giver

12,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:08 am
Ah, ok! I see what you mean. smile

Yeah, for sure! Cosmetics can get expensive. I've heard lots of good things about Nyx's lip products, too; they're not expensive, and from what I've seen, they've got great pigmentation. The best contouring powder I've ever used is actually from Nyx.

Chaos and Sour Candy
Well, with my glasses it gives me the "raccoon" eyes, and I don't want to look like your stereotypical goth.

I actually use Revlon normally for both my normal shade and my reds. I've heard pretty good things about the etsy one, since one of my friends has used it in her cosplays. Plus, it's cheaper, so there's a plus.

☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff