Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
❀ ℊaians in ℊlitter ❀ new raffle in 4th post!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If I'm going to splurge, it'll be on...
  Eye products (eyeshadow, mascara, etc.)
  Face products (foundation, concealer, powder, etc.)
  Contour products (blush, bronzer, etc.)
  Lip products (lipstick, gloss, balm, etc.)
  Pizza (supreme, veggie, sausage, etc.)
View Results

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:55 am
This thread is officially open! *cuts ribbon*

I'm going to bring this thread to life by answering my own discussion questions:

What is your everyday makeup routine?

I'm almost out of my Tarte BB Cream, but I use that as a base for a small amount of coverage as well as for its priming power and SPF 30; it also doubles as a great eyeshadow primer. I then use Estee Lauder Double-Wear Cream Foundation on my cheeks, nose area, and neck, and my Dior Forever Foundation on my forehead and undereye area. I use MAC's Studio Finish Concealer on my acne spots that remain visible. I set all of this with my Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder, which works miracles. I'll then put Estee Lauder's Peach Passion on my cheeks; it has a tiny bit of shimmer, and works great for adding a bit of dewiness to dry skin in the winter.

Onto eyes! I use my Estee Lauder pencil in Brown for my brows, and comb that through with a brow brush. For a simple, everyday look, I use my Urban Decay Naked Basics palette: Walk of Shame on the lid, Naked 2 in the crease, and Venus in the inner corner as well as as a brow highlight. I'll then use Flawless Definition Waterproof Mascara, which is great for defining each lash, but not so much for adding volume, which I look for in a mascara.

For lips? Just a plain lip balm. This all sounds very complicated and heavy, but it actually looks pretty natural and simply accentuates my natural beauty, which is what I look for in makeup.

What is one product you could not live without?

Hands-down, my Estee Lauder Double-Wear foundation. It has the most gorgeous finish, covers so much, and is easy to apply with fingers, brushes, and, from what I've heard from others, sponges; I highly recommend a flat-top kabuki brush to apply this, for maximum coverage. I have been all over the map for foundation: creams and liquids, drugstore to high-end, and this wins in terms of coverage and finish. I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this foundation is perfect for me.

When do you feel the most beautiful?

I feel most beautiful when my acne is not inflamed (which is rare), and it's all concealed, and my makeup is light and natural -- again, simply accentuating what I love about my face in its natural state.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:47 pm
          Wheres the pizza graphic? gonk

Pharaoh Misa

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200

ChrisDaee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:52 pm
My everyday makeup routine is no makeup. Clear lip balm is skin care, not makeup. When I do wear makeup it's for a performance of some sort, and half the time that means stage makeup, which has a different composition than street makeup.

Concealer. I'm so pale I'm translucent (really, you can see all my veins), so I always have dark purple circles under my eyes. Just because I have blood.

Um.....I don't usually think about my appearance beyond "clothes fit to leave the house in" and hygeine. Sometimes when I dress up I think I'm "hot" but I don't think "beautiful". I don't know if it's a generation thing or an attitude thing. I do tend to reserve "beautiful" for more ethereal, delicate things. And I'm definitely not delicate or ethereal. ~chuckles~ And it's not an "Aww" thing, I like the way I look just fine.

I like special effects makeup best. I do scary-good bruises. I wish they'd come up with a realistic stage blood that isn't mint flavored. And that was closer to the right color.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:56 pm
Haha, unfortunately, there is none!

D1ary_of_the_Vampz
          Wheres the pizza graphic? gonk

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:05 pm
Thanks for the awesome post! And yes, stage makeup is inherently different than daily makeup. I sometimes use balm while I'm doing the rest of my face, and by the time I get to my lips, they're sufficiently soft and I swipe off the balm to put on some other product.

I'm actually really grateful for not having undereye circles; my acne is enough of a problem to conceal! sweatdrop

At the feeling "hot" thing, that's totally fair. Feeling hot is important sometimes. It's all about feeling great in your own skin.

You know, I'm glad that someone else brought up special-effects makeup. I'm not well-versed in any aspects of special-effects makeup, unfortunately, but I'd love to talk about it here. Are you familiar with Klairedelysart? She's absolutely amazing.

ChrisDaee
My everyday makeup routine is no makeup. Clear lip balm is skin care, not makeup. When I do wear makeup it's for a performance of some sort, and half the time that means stage makeup, which has a different composition than street makeup.

Concealer. I'm so pale I'm translucent (really, you can see all my veins), so I always have dark purple circles under my eyes. Just because I have blood.

Um.....I don't usually think about my appearance beyond "clothes fit to leave the house in" and hygeine. Sometimes when I dress up I think I'm "hot" but I don't think "beautiful". I don't know if it's a generation thing or an attitude thing. I do tend to reserve "beautiful" for more ethereal, delicate things. And I'm definitely not delicate or ethereal. ~chuckles~ And it's not an "Aww" thing, I like the way I look just fine.

I like special effects makeup best. I do scary-good bruises. I wish they'd come up with a realistic stage blood that isn't mint flavored. And that was closer to the right color.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:11 pm
Ebania
You know, I'm glad that someone else brought up special-effects makeup. I'm not well-versed in any aspects of special-effects makeup, unfortunately, but I'd love to talk about it here. Are you familiar with Klairedelysart? She's absolutely amazing.

I don't thinkI've seen her videos before, they look interesting. I've though about making makeup vidoes, mostly thinking there should be some good
basic tutorials for stage makeup. I find a lot of tutes for specific effects or looks, but I know a lot of performers who never got taught basic techniques. And the "like regular makeup, but heavier" only works in some venues.

Problem is, I'd have to A: have a camera, B: Be able to use it properly, and most importantly C: Get in front of it.  

ChrisDaee

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:15 pm
Yeah, she's really talented. I love her Seven Deadly Sins series. She's doing a Disney characters series next, starting with Elsa from Frozen, which I'm pretty stoked about.

Yeah, basic techniques are always important, no matter what kind of makeup you're doing. I did theatre for a few years, so I know a bit here and there, but I can imagine that it would be good to know some of those techniques if you're standing in front of an audience frequently. I would definitely watch your videos, if you were ever to make them. I've thought about starting a maekup blog, with tutorials and reviews, but I can't imagine that I have anything to say that other gurus haven't already stated, and with better lighting/skill.

ChrisDaee
I don't thinkI've seen her videos before, they look interesting. I've though about making makeup vidoes, mostly thinking there should be some good
basic tutorials for stage makeup. I find a lot of tutes for specific effects or looks, but I know a lot of performers who never got taught basic techniques. And the "like regular makeup, but heavier" only works in some venues.

Problem is, I'd have to A: have a camera, B: Be able to use it properly, and most importantly C: Get in front of it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:02 pm
❀ What is your everyday makeup routine?
I don't wear make up everyday but what I do daily is use some moisturizer with SPF, I have been using one by Ponds for years now because it's very light and non greasy, and lip balm. Sometimes I'll add in some eyeliner and a light lip colour if I'm going out on errands or something. I don't do the full works unless it's a special event and even then I vouch for a more natural look.

❀ What is one product you could not live without?
I would say lip balm. lol. The climate demands it.

❀ When do you feel the most beautiful?
Well I recently had a baby so I've had a lot of sleepless nights and barely any time to even brush my hair some days lol and some extra baby weight so I rarely feel beautiful. But having the love and support of my husband really is a mood booster, he thinks I am beautiful even if I've got baby poop on my shirt and looking like i dressed in the dark and when my baby looks up at me and smiles like I'm his favourite person in the world. So I guess I feel most beautiful with them because they love me when I'm all dolled up and when I'm not.  

Violette Cielle

Tipsy Vampire

eclaire5

Shy Protagonist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:14 pm
It depends on the time of year. In the summer, I usually just wear some moisturizer, maybe a dash of blush, and some gloss. The rest of the year, I wear a light liquid base makeup, a little concealer, dash of blush, and a little gloss or lipstick.

Eyeliner because when I don't wear it, I feel like my eyes almost disappear.

When I go out at night, that's when I do up the eye makeup & I love the sparkle & glam. I usually do a very neutral lip then so it's not too much. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:46 pm
My favourite makeup gurus are Bubzbeauty and Michelle Phan.  

iLollipopss

Generous Giver

12,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:49 pm
Oh my gosh, thank you for posting something so amazing!

Ponds is a great brand. I used their makeup remover wipes for a little while before going back to my trusty Neutrogena ones. Natural looks are always my favorite, too!

I'm happy that your husband is so loving, and congratulations on having a baby, and I adore your openness in your post. I left the last question open-ended for that reason, because "beautiful" can mean many things, whereas "attractive," "sexy," or "gorgeous" are words charged with very specific meanings. Again, thank you or sharing!

Violette Cielle
I don't wear make up everyday but what I do daily is use some moisturizer with SPF, I have been using one by Ponds for years now because it's very light and non greasy, and lip balm. Sometimes I'll add in some eyeliner and a light lip colour if I'm going out on errands or something. I don't do the full works unless it's a special event and even then I vouch for a more natural look.

I would say lip balm. lol. The climate demands it.

Well I recently had a baby so I've had a lot of sleepless nights and barely any time to even brush my hair some days lol and some extra baby weight so I rarely feel beautiful. But having the love and support of my husband really is a mood booster, he thinks I am beautiful even if I've got baby poop on my shirt and looking like i dressed in the dark and when my baby looks up at me and smiles like I'm his favourite person in the world. So I guess I feel most beautiful with them because they love me when I'm all dolled up and when I'm not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:55 pm
First of all, your avatar is absolutely lovely.

Yeah, summertime is a great time to be lighter on the makeup; no one wants to wear it on their chest after it's melted, haha (although some powder may help). And eyeliner is definitely a big help! I only apply it if I have time, though.

I agree about the neutral lip with a bolder eye; it doesn't make the eyes and lips compete. Likewise, if I do a bold lip, I'll play down the eye by a lot.

eclaire5
It depends on the time of year. In the summer, I usually just wear some moisturizer, maybe a dash of blush, and some gloss. The rest of the year, I wear a light liquid base makeup, a little concealer, dash of blush, and a little gloss or lipstick.

Eyeliner because when I don't wear it, I feel like my eyes almost disappear.

When I go out at night, that's when I do up the eye makeup & I love the sparkle & glam. I usually do a very neutral lip then so it's not too much. smile

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:03 pm
I love them both. Did you hear that Bubz is pregnant? Her vlogs are so great!

iLollipopss
My favourite makeup gurus are Bubzbeauty and Michelle Phan.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:50 pm

Nothing complicated- moisturizer, Bare Minerals foundation and mineral veil topped off with some Bath and Body works lip gloss cuz the flavors on that are 4laugh

❀ What is one product you could not live without? I'm a lip gloss whore. Srsly.I have one eyeshadow pallet- the Urban Decay Naked collection. But I have an entire make up bag full of flavored lip glosses.

❀ When do you feel the most beautiful? For me, this really has nothing to do with make up. Its usually when I'm out with friends on a Friday night and I'm seven sheets to the wind. xd

And posting this just for the lulz, but anyone ever heard of the Japanese Ganguro style? Behold, in all its scary glory:

User Image
User Image  

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff