Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayers for my Broken Marriage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:29 pm
I need praying, my husband and I are breaking apart, we have been married for over a year and, been together for 3 years. Right now, he is in Vegas working on getting me back out their but, we will not be living together because he is just tired of trying. I've made a lot of huge mistakes but, so has he. I've come to accept my mistakes and, he has told me he wants a divorce. I told him No because God doesn't want that. He has talked to me and, told me to try my hardest to fix this. If we can be forgiven by God millions of times over, why can't he just forgive me. It's not like I cheated or anything and, I'm truely sorry for it but, divorce is not the answer when we have never been able to have a chance to live alone. He is just giving up and, doesn't care anymore. Please pray for us, I want him to believe in us!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:32 am
I'm sorry to hear about your marital troubles. I can only encourage you to be strong and try to work through this; every marriage has its troubles, but yuou can weather the storm. May God bless you  

King Shining Heaven

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:22 am
You're both in my prayers emotion_bigheart
I haven't watched this movie myself ..and I'm not sure if you've seen it but 'FireProof' is a Christian movie in which: "In an attempt to save his marriage, A firefighter uses a 40-day experiment known as "The Love Dare"."

I recommend watching it together as it may inspire you both in some way.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:15 pm
I'll be praying for you guys, too--just remember that God DOES forgive us over and over, but He's all-powerful. While it's your husband's duty to forgive you, he's only a man, and it doesn't always come so easily.

Put your marriage in God's hands and try to follow the perfect example of His love.

I pray that you guys can overcome this. heart  

Viviane_neechan

Blessed Codger

Cuteness Squared

Generous Poster

8,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:22 pm
I've come to learn that the Lord has already forgiven me and my husband through this but, he is being very hardheaded and, he's only pushing me away further.
All will be fine I hope, I'm focusing not only on myself but, our marriage whilst he is working on just himself.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:55 am
Did you both live in Vegas at one time? If you go to be with him what will happen? I am praying too, that God will soften his heart. Is your husband a Christian? What happens if you try to give him passages from the Bible about this topic?

Matthew 19:8-9
8 He said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.

God bless you both, and keep your feet from slipping and on the path he intended. heart I don't think it is a difficult thing for him to do, mending a broken marriage and broken hearts, considering the things God can do, and has done.

Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Isaiah 49:13
Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Grace from God

Blessed Informer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:46 pm
Praying for you, your husband and your marriage.

I also second the Fireproof movie. Beautiful story.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:59 am
Cuteness Squared
I need praying, my husband and I are breaking apart, we have been married for over a year and, been together for 3 years. Right now, he is in Vegas working on getting me back out their but, we will not be living together because he is just tired of trying. I've made a lot of huge mistakes but, so has he. I've come to accept my mistakes and, he has told me he wants a divorce. I told him No because God doesn't want that. He has talked to me and, told me to try my hardest to fix this. If we can be forgiven by God millions of times over, why can't he just forgive me. It's not like I cheated or anything and, I'm truely sorry for it but, divorce is not the answer when we have never been able to have a chance to live alone. He is just giving up and, doesn't care anymore. Please pray for us, I want him to believe in us!

I have the same story. Been married a year and 4 months. ive been possessive without realizing it and its really held him down and I didn't know and on valentines day he just dropped the bomb. hes been working so much that ive only seen him for 8 hours in 8 days and im so broken.....I begged him and I know god will work it out for us!!  

BrightestSky

Sparkly Lunatic

13,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200

BrightestSky

Sparkly Lunatic

13,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200