Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
closed Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in any of the plots?
  Investigating the disappearance of dragonkind [Neutral Storyline]
  Establish peaceful relations to cast dragons in a new light [Good Storyline]
  Build up reputations as the dreaded beasts of legend [Evil Storyline]
  Would be interested, but not in those three plots.
  Not interested.
View Results

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:27 am
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
Arch-types work?

Do we get a bonus feat on one and three, or is that the one feat we normally get?

Yes, Arch-types are fine
Do we get a bonus feat on one and three, or is that the one feat we normally get?

Feats will be done as normal
Does not answer my question. On the dragons page it says feat. So is that feat a bonus feat?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:37 pm
Gabriel Lord of Flame
Though here's the issue... The prestige class's 1st level that I want requires 5 ranks in a skill. Would that mean I could qualify for it at 2nd level after I put skill points into it or would I require to wait till 4th to start my prestige? I've seen many DMs do it both ways, I myself included. sweatdrop I'm also not that great on pathfinder's rules sooo...

Oh BTW I'm thinking Rovlin was asking about when it says "Feat" on the class feature list if those were bonus feats or the normal level progression. I'm not very good on pathfinder so I'm curious as well. Mostly because I notice I'll get a feat at level 5 when I was told the feat progression was like 3.5 in that we get a feat every 3 levels but....

Edit: One last question. Every time I make a dragon PC I always think, "Why the F*** don't they wear armor if they are warriors? Its not like bits of metal will impair their mobility!" So can I wear armor if I buy it and I'm proficient? If so I'll probably dip into fighter(tactician archetype).

If the prestige class requires 5 ranks, in PF, that means level 5 minimum. Max rank in PF is equal to your level. Which means by necessity that you won't be able to take your first prestige level until level 6, which is the next time you can take a class level.

Dragons don't wear armor because they are not humanoid. Only humanoid creatures can wear the armor in the regular equipment sections of the rulebook. Animals and monstrous creatures wear barding.
Barding Rules
Armor for Unusual Creatures

Roilvn Whiro

In PF, you get a feat at every odd level. At least in Paidi's game, we determined that the feats listed in that manual were NOT bonus feats. Every monster in that manual gets a feat at an odd level just like the dragons do, so it's just illustrating that the level progressions are not class levels, they're racial levels.

iLL iNTENT

Feel free to adjust anything. GM habits die hard. razz  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:20 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Gabriel Lord of Flame
Though here's the issue... The prestige class's 1st level that I want requires 5 ranks in a skill. Would that mean I could qualify for it at 2nd level after I put skill points into it or would I require to wait till 4th to start my prestige? I've seen many DMs do it both ways, I myself included. sweatdrop I'm also not that great on pathfinder's rules sooo...

Oh BTW I'm thinking Rovlin was asking about when it says "Feat" on the class feature list if those were bonus feats or the normal level progression. I'm not very good on pathfinder so I'm curious as well. Mostly because I notice I'll get a feat at level 5 when I was told the feat progression was like 3.5 in that we get a feat every 3 levels but....

Edit: One last question. Every time I make a dragon PC I always think, "Why the F*** don't they wear armor if they are warriors? Its not like bits of metal will impair their mobility!" So can I wear armor if I buy it and I'm proficient? If so I'll probably dip into fighter(tactician archetype).

If the prestige class requires 5 ranks, in PF, that means level 5 minimum. Max rank in PF is equal to your level. Which means by necessity that you won't be able to take your first prestige level until level 6, which is the next time you can take a class level.

Dragons don't wear armor because they are not humanoid. Only humanoid creatures can wear the armor in the regular equipment sections of the rulebook. Animals and monstrous creatures wear barding.
Barding Rules
Armor for Unusual Creatures

Roilvn Whiro

In PF, you get a feat at every odd level. At least in Paidi's game, we determined that the feats listed in that manual were NOT bonus feats. Every monster in that manual gets a feat at an odd level just like the dragons do, so it's just illustrating that the level progressions are not class levels, they're racial levels.

iLL iNTENT

Feel free to adjust anything. GM habits die hard. razz

Nah, you pretty much covered everything, I appreciate the help.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:10 pm
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=796372

I believe I am done.  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:25 pm
Barding, armor, different words for the same thing in my brain. Also I am not a mount so... Still don't know if I can buy myself some awesome armor made for dragons... Though thinking about it, armor for my small self probably wouldn't exist premade...

As for skill ranks... Oh different system gotcha. used to HD+3... So no matter what I'm doing I can't prestige because all of them require 5 ranks in a skill or a lot of feats.

Fighter(tactician) it is then.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:55 pm
Can we wear bracers of armor?  

Kowsauni
Crew

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:13 am
Kowsauni
In all honesty I don't see why a dragon couldn't wear basically anything so long as it was made to fit.

I want a hat! It will have holes for my horns! Or should I say from!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:32 pm
Kowsauni

I'll allow bracers of armor for now, but once you achieve Huge size, you'll outgrow them. You could see about getting them refitted at that point, or maybe have a new pair crafted altogether, and grant the old ones to a minion or something.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:47 am
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=797084

Just need gear.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:53 pm
Ok I believe Brynn the Bronze is done.  

Kowsauni
Crew

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:23 pm
I believe that is #4  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:08 pm
Alrighty, I'll be doublechecking everyone's sheets, and then if everything's in order, I'll put in a request for a subforum.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:08 pm
iLL iNTENT
WhimsicalXellos
Luukalarenolydas, Silver Dragon Nestling Inquisitor.

Just need to buy my STUFF, I think.

Looks good so far, don't forget about languages too

Still need to get any items or equipment you're going to purchase, and you're short one skill point, you should have 32.

You also forgot your favored class bonus. Each level you gain in your favored class (which in your case would be silver dragon) you get either +1 HP or +1 skill point, divided as you choose.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:47 pm
Roilvn Whiro

I believe I am done.

Mkay, a few things:

Your base attack bonus should be +4

Your bite damage is 1d6+str, your claws 1d4+1/2 str

You should have 2 more languages

Where did you find those items you bought? I'm not familiar with those.

Also, since you're new to Pathfinder, you probably didn't know this. But when you make your character, you get to choose a 'Favored Class.' Whenever you gain a level in your favored class, you get to gain either +1 HP or 1 skill point. So if you choose silver dragon as your favored class, you'll have 4 points you can split up between HP and skill points, however you choose.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:57 pm
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro

I believe I am done.

Mkay, a few things:

Your base attack bonus should be +4

Your bite damage is 1d6+str, your claws 1d4+1/2 str

You should have 2 more languages

Where did you find those items you bought? I'm not familiar with those.

Also, since you're new to Pathfinder, you probably didn't know this. But when you make your character, you get to choose a 'Favored Class.' Whenever you gain a level in your favored class, you get to gain either +1 HP or 1 skill point. So if you choose silver dragon as your favored class, you'll have 4 points you can split up between HP and skill points, however you choose.
I am not new to pathfinder, Just dragons in general. I have ran into 2 dragons in my entire RPG Life, not counting the race in 4.0

I thought I had the four bonus points into Skills. I made the items with the magic Item price index.

As for languages, I started with a base of +1, so I added Elven, and I figured as we explored the world I would just learn the first to that caught interest. I thought we have not left the cave, and we are the last of our kind, most of us should only speak Draconic, and even then I am not sure how we would have learned it.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff