Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
closed Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in any of the plots?
  Investigating the disappearance of dragonkind [Neutral Storyline]
  Establish peaceful relations to cast dragons in a new light [Good Storyline]
  Build up reputations as the dreaded beasts of legend [Evil Storyline]
  Would be interested, but not in those three plots.
  Not interested.
View Results

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:34 pm
Hey all, been a while since I've been around, due to several rapid-fire crises life had tossed at me. Anyways, before I had to make my leave, there was talk of a Dragon conquest campaign going around that seemed to have died under its own weight. I've been wanting to do something with a dragon campaign for a while now, so I thought I'd cast a line out there and see what kind of interest it drums up.

The conquest campaign seemed a bit too open ended, so I'm narrowing things down a bit. In this campaign, the party would play a mixed group of wyrmlings that hatch in a cave, where they eventually come to find that they are the last of dragonkind. What happens next would depend on the group. They could quest for the reason the dragons have gone from this world, attempt to establish peaceful relations with the other denizens of the land, or build for themselves reputations as the fearsome beasts of legend.

Whichever plot most appeals to the players, I would allow dragons of every color, given that they would be the last precious few dragons in the world, they would probably be inclined to work together. The party would start out as relatively low level, and time would march by between adventure arcs, giving the dragons time to age and grow.

A few aspects of the conquest campaign might come into play, to a lesser degree. Establishing a lair would be an important part, as well as accumulating treasure for their hoards, possibly even attracting a loyal following of minions.

Does this sound like something anyone would be interested in?

========== 2-12-14 Update ==========

So I've been thinking about how I want to handle this, and I think I want to run this as a semi-gestalt game. For those of you who don't know, a Gestalt game is when you choose two classes for your character, and then each time you level up, you gain all the abilities from each class, along with the higher hit dice, attack bonus, skill points, and saving throw bonuses from each class. Naturally, this results in quite a powerful character. But hell, you're playing DRAGONS. They're supposed to be powerful.

Now, here's what I mean when I say semi-Gestalt. Your first class will be represented by the bonuses and abilities you get from your draconic heritage. You can find level up charts for each dragon here in the Pathfinder Bestiary Levels. All of the classic dragons will be playable (Black, Blue, Green, Red, White, Brass, Bronze, Copper, Gold, and Silver.) Each time you level up, you'll get your next level's abilities, just like any other character. Then every two levels, you ALSO gain the class abilities of one of the PC classes, in addition to your usual dragon abilities. Now, your dragon class is going to beat or be equal to the hit dice, attack bonus, and saving throws of any class you chose. What your PC class will grant you, is an extended range of class skills, further spellcasting abilities, and any other feature that class grants, such as a fighter's bonus feats, a bard's music, the rogue's evasion and trap disabling abilities, and so on.

I say every other level, because I want the main focus of the campaign to still be the fact that you're dragons, not say, a barbarian that just so happens to be a dragon. This way, I figure the dragons' own innate strengths will still take the spotlight, and the few added class features would be enough to let you differentiate yourselves from one another, as well as give you some extra options to toy around with, without having to multiclass.

As for the actual character creation process, here's what I'm thinking:

Character Level: 4
(So you'll be a level 4 dragon of your chosen color, along with the features of a level 2 character of your class.)
Abilities: 15 Point Buy
(Keep in mind that as your dragon ages, it will gain a substantial number of ability bonuses)
Skill Points: Dragons gain 6+Int bonus skill points per level. (If you choose rogue, you will gain 2 bonus skill points every two levels when you gain more class abilities.) Your class skill list is made up of your dragon racial skills, as well as the skills from your chosen PC class.
Hit Points: Dragons get 1d12+Con hit points per level. You'll gain your full hit die for level one, but each level after that will be averaged out, instead of rolling, so no one gets screwed over due to bad HD rolls.

For example:
Level 1: 12+Con (full hit die)
Level 2: 7+Con (half hit die, rounded up)
Level 3: 6+Con (half hit die, rounded down)
Level 4: 7+Con (half hit die, rounded up)
Level 5: 6+Con (half hit die, rounded down)

And so on and so forth.

Alignment: You may be any alignment you choose, and your alignment does not need to fall in line with what is typical for your dragon's color. For example, you could play a good Red dragon, or a lawful Copper dragon, as well as an evil Gold dragon, or a chaotic Blue dragon.

Starting Wealth, AKA, Your Treasure Hoard:
As a monstrous character, you'll find that you can't use most traditional equipment, such as weapons and armor. So most of the wealth you accumulate will just literally be laying around in piles in your lair. But then again, you're dragons, that's what dragons do, hoard treasure. A few magic items still have use for dragons, however, such as rings, amulets, and ioun stones.

Your actual starting gold will be 6,000gp. Up to 3,000gp can be spent on magic items and other mundane equipment, but the remainder must be kept as coins, gems, nonmagical jewelry, and other items of wealth. This will be your starting hoard, made up of things you found while scrounging through your hatching caves and the surrounding area.

The Story:
Thus far, your life is mostly a blank slate. You hatched a few years ago, in an enclosed cave system with a handful of dragons, from colors other than your own. Together you've explored every nook and cranny of your hatching caves, finding scattered bits of wealth, as well as old altars, hieroglyphs, and cave paintings depicting the long-lost majesty of dragon-kind. For now you share the caves, each having marked out your own tunnels and chambers as your individual territories to store your budding hoards.

However, you are outgrowing your hatching ground. You have begun to explore the immediate area outside the caves, finding yourselves in a mountainous, jungle region. Where you go from here, only history will tell...

Accepted Characters:
-WhimsicalXellos: Luukalarenolydas, Silver Dragon Inquisitor-
-Roilvn Whiro: Michael Slivus, Silver Dragon Cutpurse-
-Gabriel Lord of Flame: Ethnadoti, Red Dragon Fighter-
-Kowsauni: Brynn, Bronze Dragon Savage Warrior-
--  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:45 pm
I would like more info  

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:04 am
I would like more info as well but sounds very intriguing.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:18 pm
Roilvn Whiro
I would like more info

Natura
I would like more info as well but sounds very intriguing.

I WILL be posting more info here shortly, I just wanted to see if anyone would actually be interested in such a campaign before I go drafting out all the rules for it.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:08 am
I'm in. I'm so in. Any game here I get to PC a dragon trying to make his/her mark on the world is a game I'm willing to pretty much accept anything for.

Will we be allowed to take character levels? Or are we purely going off of growth and age?

Also. Why not all three story lines at once? You can be peaceful but also feared.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:15 am
Well I was trying to limit it to one general idea to keep the group working together as a team, regardless of the dragon's typical alignment. As for class levels, once a certain age is reached I would allow players to start taking classes as opposed to advancing their racial attributes.

That's three so far, if at least one more person shows interest, then I'll start fleshing this out.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

LittleKitFox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:59 am
What kind of races would you allow? And I am interested. I like playing a Ranger with high utility if you need one of those.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:46 pm
Allowed races would be wyrmlings of the standard dragon types. Black, Blue, Green, Red and White, as well as Brass, Bronze, Copper, Gold and Silver.

I think there are enough players interested for me to go ahead and figure out how I'll do this, I'll work out starting levels, ECL, gold, all that stuff and have that posted sometime after I get home from work.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:23 pm
I claim the green dragon! ...I mean I'm interested.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:09 pm
I still have my green from before. Still tweakable if needed. Luukalarenolydas  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:11 am
Updated the main post with character creation guidelines  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:32 am
Dibs on Red! I will be the scourge with a horde! Totally going to topple a dwarf kingdom or two while looking for the reason why dragons are now gone so I can avoid the errs of my forbears!

So we're using Pathfinder then yes?

Any class restrictions? I'm wanting to see what a Factotum (its a late 3.5 class so not likely) dragon could pull off but at the same time Sorcerer... Ooooh Magus has some interesting powers.

Also I notice this rulebook has us consuming treasure to grow larger. How much of that are we doing? I'm cool with it, the cost amounts are all level appropriate I'm just wondering if we already consumed the required treasure to reach out current level or if that comes out of our current wealth?  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:26 am
Got to go to work so I cant build the character now, but I would like to play a green dragon, but if Xellos wants to play the green he has already made I'll make either a silver of bronze dragon.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:20 am
Hmm....I would do Gold. Now to find pathfinder players handbook since I know its different. Would anyone mind helping me like I got help in the d&d game? Character creation just always baffles me.... sweatdrop  

Natura

Blessed Hunter

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:53 am
If we can meet the requirements for a prestige class at 2nd level could that be our class? I wana make a Pathfinder chronicler/Student of War dragon because that would be amazing.

I want to spread the glory of dragon kind both through my own deeds but in telling them to all the little people! I want to conquer kingdoms then tell the now defeated king how I did it!  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff