Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Job List (11/28-2/1)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:33 pm
Jobs To-Do

Here at Ministry of Magic and Wizarding World, there are so many things to keep on top of, so, to make things easier for everyone, please take a look at the following list to see what needs to be done.

This is semi-permanent and will only change when you request for a new job in this thread or when we deem it necessary. This is to help Vice Captains with job allocation for future references.
You may not repeat the same job twice in a row (e.g. you sign up for advertising the guild then quit it, you must try and pick another thing to do for your next job).
New crew members will spend time learning the basics of each position and then be assigned to one based on their performance.
Performance will be evaluated each guild year on if they are doing their job. Failure to do your job without warning will result in demotion.
If for some reason, you cannot do the task you are assigned (e.g. absence, difficulties with the job, etc.), please speak to a Violet the Maestro.
If you have nothing to do at your station, check to see if anyone needs help by checking here.
New job choices will be added as necessary.
This is to help share the load and allow us to see who is doing what.

Failure to do as asked above may result in Crew removal.

Generic Crew Work
These jobs are to be done by all crew.

- Check Minister's Office for any updates and for new jobs
- See Crew Discussion for any updates or questions
- Read PMs sent by members. Reply or forward as necessary
- Read any new announcements
- Look over common posting areas for any misuse (e.g. OOC subforums, roleplay areas, etc.)
- Update Weather for the week (if it’s been updated that week, skip this. Always check). Update every Wednesday.
- Check WH for questions and answer them. Make sure to change the title to (A) if you know the question got resolved.
- Bump the recruitment thread
- Add to FAQ thread

Generic Vice-Captain Work
These jobs are to be done by all vice-captains.

- Check Minister's Office for any updates and for new jobs
- See Crew Discussion for any updates or questions
- Read PMs sent by members. Reply or forward as necessary
- Read any new announcements
- Look over common posting areas for any misuse (e.g. OOC subforums, roleplay areas, etc.)
- Look over any request to join guild. Accept and deny as necessary.
- Check the Announcements Thread and make an Announcement. Post in thread that you made an announcement to mark what the announcement was able to cover.
- Check Mule account and update the Sensuous MoMWW Mule Updates thread.
- Check the current list of removed inactive members in Google Drive and update your lists/remove characters to WW
- Add to FAQ thread

Profile Work

+ Look through Family and People Profiles and check for things that go against our rules. Also check to see if they signed the rules. Accepting them, checking them, reviewing them, deleting them, etc. When the user has signed the rules, created their character/family, and everything is in tip top shape, feel free to accept them.
Manager: Utsuha Moon
Essy ze Ninja
mc2
yams the love 2 ur cobain
The Forgotten Weasley

+ Check Job Openings at Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley and monitor the goings-ons in both subforums. Check and accept storeowners.
Manager: Diamond Wales
Yukina101

+ Moderate the Magical Creatures Subforum. This means making sure that all profiles are checked and ready to go, much like you would with student profiles. Edit the titles to say "Accepted", "Needs Editing" and so on. See the Handbook for more information. Also, make sure to advertise to others that the subforum exists.
Manager: Cara MiaKitty
The Forgotten Weasley

Group Projects

+ Advertise the guild. We need as many members as we can muster! Post in other threads on Gaia forums, tattoo it to your Gaian avatar... get our name out there! Remember, do not force people into our guild and do not give people reason to hate our guild.
Everyone

+ Fundraising. We're going to need some gaia gold for some giveaways and contests. Maybe even a birthday charity event? We need money to do that with. Get gold from members or other Gaians. Send all earned money to Sensuous MoMWW Mule and make sure to note it in this thread. Just help us raise some mullah
Everyone

+ Event Planning. Create events to be held in the event subforum to increase roleplaying. Ask for ideas from the members. Hold at least one event each guild year.
Manager: Undecided

Guild Functionality

+ Be in charge of removing characters upon request. Whenever someone wants to remove a character (either because they can’t keep up with it, don’t want it anymore, or are leaving the guild). Send them the message listed here.
Utsuha Moon

+ Accept crew applications and promote members to crew. Send them these messages. You’ll also be the person they add to their friends list and who they go to if they have questions. Vice Captain only job.
Violet the Maestro

+ Be the Crew Member Application recipient. If you choose this, you must change Crew Application Form to say to send to you when they're done filling out the form (it should be somewhere where it looks like: Crew Member Name). Then you must post the application here for a Vice Captain to review. Please try to advertise this option as much as you can!
Violet the Maestro

+ Think of important issues to poll the members of Ministry of Magic and Wizarding World. We do it every year with at least one thing that we believe needs working on and strive to better the guild (e.g. one year, we asked what members thought about deleting all the posts in an old classroom, but members voted to keep all the old posts). Figure out what needs upgrading, and see what the Ministry of Magic and Wizarding World community thinks. If you have no clue what to ask, post here for suggestions.
Everyone

+ Monitor the Private Homes Subforum. Update Who Lives Where? thread as needed.
Cara MiaKitty

+ Be in charge of putting together contests, birthday charities, and such. You will have to trade for money from Sensuous MoMWW Mule ahead of time and you must be approved by filling out this form. You must wait to be verified by a Vice Captain. Please also moderate what is posted in the contest and charities subforums.
Undecided

+ Floaters: Help out as needed in the guild. Ask managers in each area for more information on how to accomplish each job. Accomplish tasks assigned by Floating Manager.
Manager: Violet the Maestro
VixenViVi

Roleplay Work

+ Keep up with the Special Plot Requests Thread and either Accept or Deny the plot. Make sure it says in the first post that you’re the one who is accepting special plot requests (edit the post to say your name between the bold brackets). To accept or deny a plot request, simply quote the request and say whether it’s accepted or denied. If it’s a big plot or you’re not sure, ask here for an opinion.
Utsuha Moon

+ Keep up with the Rumors Thread. Accept rumors and put them on the list. Add a new post for each new guild year.
Essy ze Ninja

+ Go in and accept Job Applications requests for heads of offices and departments. They will then be in charge of hiring other applicants in turn. Make sure they’re not abusing their powers in this subforum.
Devlyn Maycry
Essy ze Ninja

Above all, please help each other out whenever you can and continue keeping the guild in order.

If you are unsure of how to perform certain duties, please see The Crew Handbook for more information.

If you have no clue what you're doing, post here for some help from others. You could get some nice tips!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:44 pm
Crew List
Keeping track of who is and isn't signed up for something
and whether they are doing their jobs or not...

All crew members are in alphabetical order.

Cara MiaKitty's Jobs
• Magical Creatures Manager
• Private Homes Manager
• Locations Manager

Devlyn Maycry's Jobs
• Job Applications Manager

Diamond Wales' Jobs
• DA/KA Manager

Essy A Dante’s Jobs
• Family Profiles Assistant
• Rumors Thread Moderator
• Job Applications Assistant

mc2's Jobs

The Forgotten Weasley's Jobs
• Magical Creatures Assistant

Utsuha Moon's Jobs
• Family Profiles Manager
• Special Plot Request Manager

• Job Applications Assistant

Yukina101's Jobs
• DA/KA Assistant  

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:56 pm
Crew Evaluations
The following forms are what you will be evaluated on.

Self-Evaluation
To be sent to Violet the Maestro. Please be honest in your responses.

[i]1. Would you say that you completed the generic crew or VC jobs assigned to you? If not, why were they not completed?[/i]

[i]2. Do you feel as though you have done the best possible job at your current assignment? If not, explain.[/i]

[i]3. What made it difficult to complete your assignments for the past guild year? What made it easy to complete your assignments?[/i]

[i]4. None of us are perfect, and so what are some ways that you could improve? How are some ways you believe this could be accomplished?[/i]

[i]5. Overall as a crew, how do you believe we worked together?[/i]

[i]6. Any additional comments?[/i]

Captain Evaluation
This form will be sent to you by Violet the Maestro upon receipt of your self-evaluation.

Did you accomplish all tasks assigned? Y/N

Were your assignments done well? Y/N

Did you show effort in attempting to complete your assignments? Y/N

Additional Comments: Any encouraging words I may have, or (hopefully not) any words to put your work into perspective.

Crew's Evaluation of Captain
LINK

Peer Evaluation
LINK

Assessments will be collected starting Wednesday, February 18, 2015 and the deadline will be Saturday, February 28, 2015.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:57 pm
Crew Announcements
An archive of important announcements.

4/14/14 ~
ANNOUNCEMENT

xxxxx1. I will start collecting evaluations on April 20th! That means you have 16 days left until they are absolutely due. I must have your evaluation by April 30th. Unless you have spoken to me about not being able to be on, I will assume crew inactivity and will demote you. This applies to vice-captains as well.

xxxxx2. On April 20th, I will create a Google form for you to fill out about me. It will be totally anonymous, so feel free to say what you really think, but be nice about it, okay? I don't want stuff like "I don't like your avi." I'll have questions pertaining to me doing my jobs, as well as how I am as a captain, and any suggestions that you think would make me a better captain. This will be open until April 30th, and the responses will only be viewed by me.

xxxxx3. If you are a crew-in-training (*cough*Grey*cough*), simply tell me which areas of the guild you feel you performed best in. I will be placing you in a permanent job on May 1st.

xxxxx4. The Crew Handbook will be getting a major update, with brand new rules. I expect to have it finished by May 1st. Once it is finished, I expect each of you to sign it. Anyone who does not sign it by the end of May will be demoted.

Keep up the good work guys! And don't worry about the evaluations, you're all doing pretty well for the most part!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:15 pm
ANNOUNCEMENT

xxxxx1. I will start collecting evaluations on April 20th! That means you have 16 days left until they are absolutely due. I must have your evaluation by April 30th. Unless you have spoken to me about not being able to be on, I will assume crew inactivity and will demote you. This applies to vice-captains as well.

xxxxx2. On April 20th, I will create a Google form for you to fill out about me. It will be totally anonymous, so feel free to say what you really think, but be nice about it, okay? I don't want stuff like "I don't like your avi." I'll have questions pertaining to me doing my jobs, as well as how I am as a captain, and any suggestions that you think would make me a better captain. This will be open until April 30th, and the responses will only be viewed by me.

xxxxx3. If you are a crew-in-training (*cough*Grey*cough*), simply tell me which areas of the guild you feel you performed best in. I will be placing you in a permanent job on May 1st.

xxxxx4. The Crew Handbook will be getting a major update, with brand new rules. I expect to have it finished by May 1st. Once it is finished, I expect each of you to sign it. Anyone who does not sign it by the end of May will be demoted.

Keep up the good work guys! And don't worry about the evaluations, you're all doing pretty well for the most part!

anbu_ninja_penguin

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Essy A Dante

Lady Pomegranates

Maiya Kajuji

Sir Spazalots

Utsuha Moon

VixenViVi

XxXDevil_Chan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:36 pm
ANNOUNCEMENT

xxxxx1. So far, I have only received TWO evaluation forms! I only know of two or three people quoted who may be unable to send theirs in. The rest of you have no excuse. It's due in four days. It only takes two seconds to fill out, and you're more likely to be demoted from not filling out than filling it out and not having done much.

xxxxx2. I forgot to post my evaluation on April 20th, however, it shouldn't take that long to fill out. Remember, it's anonymous, and I'm the only one who will see it. Be honest!

anbu_ninja_penguin

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Essy A Dante

Lady Pomegranates

Maiya Kajuji

Sir Spazalots

Utsuha Moon

VixenViVi

XxXDevil_Chan

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:03 pm
ANNOUNCEMENT

xxxxxAlright, so I finally finished up the evaluations! Please take note that some people's jobs have changed.

anbu_ninja_penguin

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Essy A Dante

Lady Pomegranates

Maiya Kajuji

Sir Spazalots

Utsuha Moon

VixenViVi

XxXDevil_Chan

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items