Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Polyamory Guild

Back to Guilds

Polyamorous education, discussion, support. 

Tags: polyamory, polyamorous, poly, nonmonogamy 

Reply Gaian Polyamory Guild
"Having more than one partner sets you up for..."

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oxyria

Dapper Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:49 am
"interesting threeways."

I had a partner say this to me recently, word for word. While she was saying it I was thinking of all the other ways that sentence could have ended. Basically I'm in love (there might be some other reasons for that).

Polyamory has put me in some interesting situations for sure. Some, when I think back on them are pretty hilarious. At one point I was seeing two women, and one of them was also seeing the roommate/best friend/ex of the other. A couple years back when I was living in a commune-type I was seeing a woman there and she was seeing a guy who lived on the same property (at one point this guy and I were roommates).

The funny thing is that I've become totally used to things like this. I sort of expect it.
I've realized that alternative communities are pretty insular and hella incestuous, especially if you're poly or queer or both. Everybody ******** everybody. This is basically where it always ends up.

So... I'm curious. Do any of you have some funny stories you'd like to share?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:21 pm
We have an everyone f's everyone kind of relationship, but we don't normally have threesomes.  

HomebrewFox

Rainbow Lover

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:25 pm
I'll be honest, I tend to be embarrassed about my stories like these. not because I genuinely feel ashamed, but because I feel like I'd be judged for them. but I can try to open up a little.

I'll start light. in most of my relationships, I was practicing Polyamory and BDSM together. this tends to involve shifting dynamics as people find out who they trust and respect and love more, and who they have the most fun in bed with. sometimes threesomes happen, but I'm really not a threesome person.

more often, there come times when a Pet or Sub is jointly owned by myself and my Master/Mistress. sometimes Harems accidentally form. I've been part of a few Harems, and I have had more than a few myself.

there was one relationship I remember that was particularly interesting and .... controversial.

my Mistress and I were in a sexual and romantic relationship with eachother, while she was also in a relationship with her other boyfriend (and still married to her husband that she had just recently fully separated from). while that was happening her and I were both simultaneously in romantic and sexual relationships with her adopted brother.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:00 pm
try to keep most of my stuff as private as possible. My situation is a difficult one to be in. I am in a mono/poly relationship and even though my primary most certainly has interest about learning about how things work. Sometimes I am afraid that what he has to come across and learn is still too much for him I am tempted to let him borrow my copy of the ethical slut. or buy him his own copy so that he could maybe try to get a grasp on just how non monogamy works.

I think on his part he is interested in having a three some he has never actually had one before and ironically he has seemed to form a fairly cute puppy dog crush on my long distance GF that lives in Nebraska...lol and she seems to like him and find him cute and attractive as well.  

Stella_Starwind

Oxyria

Dapper Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:00 pm
For the record I'm not actually into threesomes by nature. Never really thought much about it, never been involved in one, not a huge interest in it on the whole. I'm open to anything, but I mostly just thought thought that was an awesome line.

I'm enjoying hearing people's stories. There are so many interesting ways to do romantic relationships and it's cool to see people figure out what works for them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:58 am
Oxyria
For the record I'm not actually into threesomes by nature. Never really thought much about it, never been involved in one, not a huge interest in it on the whole. I'm open to anything, but I mostly just thought thought that was an awesome line.

I'm enjoying hearing people's stories. There are so many interesting ways to do romantic relationships and it's cool to see people figure out what works for them.

aye, I dig multiple simultaneous relationships, not as much multiple partners in one sex session. but it's alright to spice things up in the bedroom every now and then, or just to make someone happy.

I think I have a sweet tooth for adventure and new experiences. I like to experiment. I like to try new things. whatever it is, I can usually be convinced easily enough to try it out. often times I actively seek out new experiences.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Noble Legolas

Hardworking Sex Symbol

13,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:25 pm
I like reading your stories too!
I've been in some interesting relations myself and still am. Lucky me *chuckles*
And since none of them exist on gaia...

I have a special thing for doing guys and their best friend too. The downside is that these lovetriangles usually get disrupted when one of the guys gets involved with some jealous girlfriend. Can't blame them lol!

On the other hand I like couples as well, but then it usually gets disrupted when the couple decide they want a kid.

Either way I'm screwed  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:16 am
s**t. It'd be rough having someone write you out of their life if you're not "primary" partners. I haven't personally run into that but I realize that it's a big part of why poly is tough for a lot of people.
Nice though. Best friend triangles sound like fun, but I could see that getting a little weird depending on the people involved.

Recently I had a brief thing with a cis boy (this is very rare), and he was a huge weirdo. He's a sweetheart and I actually like him but it'll never work. Anyways. We were working in the bush together, and a few weeks later when we move camp he brought a girl... who I ended up getting with a week or so after I met her. She was a huge weirdo too, so it fits.
It's all kind of blown over since then. No one was unhappy. Still makes me giggle a little bit though.  

Oxyria

Dapper Ladykiller

Gaian Polyamory Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces