Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Quality Quidditch Supplies Open, Hiring, and Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:00 pm
User Image

Arianna practically whipped the door off it's hinges as she hurtled herself into the store. She stared around the store with huge eyes trying to see everything at once. The last time she had been to Diagon Alley her father hadn't let her explore this shop and she'd been dying to ever since and now she had the money and the reason to buy a broom. She took a couple of deep breaths enjoying the new quidditch equipment smell. She spun around to look at her friend. "This place is awesome." She whispered excitedly. She let her eyes wander the store searching for the place where all the brooms were.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
Third year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He walked in after the girl, whom had ripped the door open rather violently. In fact, the girl had pulled him along as well, which was an interesting time and any harder, he had reasons to believe that she would have pulled his arm of its socket had he not moved forward the slightest, but she was excited. Maybe that warranted the violent motion a bit, which had no malcontent, but hey, it did hurt a bit. Her grabbing his hand before did make him smile slightly. As they went in she let go however and Benjamin got to slower watch as the girl reacted to the Store like a small child would react in a huge toy store. It was certainly interesting to watch. Her eyes moved quicker than he'd ever seen, trying to look at everything in the store in the shortest amount of time. Benjamin however, wasn't so in awe as she. He wanted a broom, but he had time to think about it...where the girl knew by the end of this day, she would have the thing, which was part of the excitement.

The girl then spun around and told him the place was awesome, to which he gave her a small chuckle. Taking another look around the place, he nodded in agreement. "Yes, it is pretty nice isn't it?" he responded, shrugging his shoulders. "I guess we'll be able to figure out what you want."

"By the way, my favorite flavor is chocolate. Was going to say it, until someone decided to pull me into the store," he commented, laughing a bit so she knew that he wasn't really mad at her for it, but it was funny to him. She had been so excited to get in there, that he never even go the chance to answer her.

"So which brooms do you want to look at first. As much as like standing here looking at all of them at once, I don't think that would be very conducive to your search," he said to her, chuckling again, before awaiting her to choose a place. He'd imagine the store clerk would be a good help to, because he was the one who actually knew about the brooms individually. So the most agile would be found by a lot easier means, but Benjamin enjoyed his time with Arianna: so why rush it like that?

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:48 am
User Image

Arianna smiled as Benjamin agreed with her on how nice this place was. She couldn't hold back her snort as he said they should be able to figure out what she wanted. That was the problem though since she stepped into this store she wanted one of everything. How was she supposed to pick out just one broom?

As Benjamin told her he liked chocolate she paused slightly confused for a second then she remembered their previous conversation. She felt a slight pang of guilt. "Sorry, I got a little carried away." She apologized looking back at her friend. "Chocolate? White, Milk, or Dark? Or do you want me to surprise you?" She winked at the dark haired boy that she had dragged into the shop. He definitely had already earned his cake. Ari just had to pick out a recipe and could get to work when they got home.

It didn't take Benjamin long to point out that they were blocking the shop door as Ari had walked in the door and froze. She felt the heat creep into her cheeks again but agreed to move. However, she had no idea which brooms were going to be like the ones the pair had discussed outside. She wandered closer to the section closest to them which happened to be the Comet brooms. "So I'm looking for a broom with agility over just speed. How do you tell the difference though?" She turned to ask her Ravenclaw friend. He was the more intelligent one out of the pair.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:58 am

Third year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin let out a chuckle as she asked him what kind of chocolate he wanted. He actually loved Dark Chocolate, but he wouldn't tell her that. He would definitely go for the surprise method, just to see how well she knew how he thought. "You know what, I want you to surprise me. Let's see how well you can guess," he said to her, chuckling as he took another look around to see what the Quidditch Supply store had to offer, seeing that they had quite a few interesting collector brooms that had cost a lot for a broom that wasn't supposed to be rode. Were they supposed to be rode? He had no idea, but for something that one couldn't use in a competition, it was worth a lot. He saw no reason for a person to buy them, but then again, there were those people that spent insane amounts of currency on things they'll never use. Benjamin however, was not one of those people.

Following her to the section of her choosing, he took note of the types of brooms they were near, finding that they were closest to the comet section. He then listened to her question and addressed it. "Well, since I've never done any studying on brooms really, I haven't the slightest clue actually. I mean, I guess we can lift them slightly to see what its weight would be, but I would advise getting permission to do such a thing first. he said to her, shrugging his shoulders and then pointing at the store owner. "I would suggest asking him..." He trailed off as he said it, not really knowing what else to say. It was true, he knew somewhat the physics, but he hadn't a clue if it was applied correctly. Theoretically it was true in the muggle word, but he had no idea if it applied in the Wizard World.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:27 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood

Wyatt loved when summer came to Great Britain because of the almost glint of sun and warmth almost reminded him of home. London would never hit that 90 degree mark that California was known for but this was definitely nice beach weather. Maybe once he got home he could talk Milo and the boys into going out there one day. As he charmed a broom to sweep up the bristles and dirt around the store he stocked the magazines and glove racks as he imagined his fiance shirtless in the ocean. It was certainly a pleasant thought but definitely not one to be thinking while there were children about. He had just finished the gloves and was going to dispose of the box when he saw two teens practically burst the hinges off his door and chuckled to himself at the girl's look of awe. He may not be a joke or candy store but he had his own fanatical client base. Walking out and then coming back in he saw both teens over by the between the collectors brooms and the comets looking slightly lost. He then saw the boy actually point in his direction and figured that was a call for help as far as he was concerned. Thanking every known deity for taking his joint medication earlier, Wyatt walked over to the pair with a pleasant expression on his face. "Hey, I'm seeing you two are looking a little confused. What seems to be the issue?" he asked hoping that his new name tag was showing. He had only just started employing the name tag thing since James started coming in all times of the day helping customers and acting like he actually worked there without doing any actual menial labor. Still, sales did increase exponentially but that was something the American would never ever tell him.
RedEagleEye007

amo10690

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:51 pm
User Image

Arianna couldn't help but giggle as Benjamin told her to surprise him with a cake flavor. She immediately knew he wasn't super into sweets so maybe a German Chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting was the best way to go. She nodded at him, "Well, I'll make sure it gets to you before you're birthday too."

Ari shrugged as Benjamin suggested to ask for help. She glanced over at the guy working and suddenly felt shy. Not only did she hate interrupting people while they were working but he was pretty attractive. Luckily for her, the handsome man working the store noticed the two confused third years and came to their rescue. "Yes, well kind of." She said stuttering over her words slightly embarrassed "Um, I'm looking for a broom. I'm a Gryffindor chaser and uh I was thinking of finding a lightweight broom. I think that would suit my style of playing. What would you suggest?" She glanced at Benjamin who was their to be moral support and he brought the brains to the operation. She tried to send him a silent question wondering if she said everything right.

RedEagleEye007
Yukina101

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:20 am

Third year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He smiled at her as she seemed to remember his birthday was coming up. He was certainly had a late birthday, but really, it didn't matter that much. Although he always hated the fact that certain people always used the fact that they were older as leverage...as if it really mattered, but as a kid of seven years sometimes was caught believing that there was actually some kind of leverage because of that very reason. "Thanks Ari, you are the best," he said, smiling at her.

Soon enough, as they progressed through the conversation, he had pointed at the manager of the place, whom he had not known had found his way behind them. Still pointing, he stopped almost instantly upon hearing a voice behind him, looking behind him to find the man that he was pointing at previously was behind him. Putting down his hand, he listened to the man and then Ariana. "I was helping her look for a broom. She told me she is looking for a broom that is very agile. I assumed that a lighter broom would be slightly more agile than a heavier broom, which may or may not be true. So I figured we'd ask you what broom you would recommend for that kind of play style," he commented, speaking in the most polite tone he could muster. Within his sort of-question was actually the inquiry whether or not he was correct in saying that a lighter broom is more agile. He kind of said just to get an answer from the man on whether or not his thought processes was correct.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Yukina101

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:49 pm

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt grinned as the girl answered first telling the background of why she was getting the broom making him chuckle inwardly. At least he knew what in the world a "Gryffindor" was because of his brother. Then the boy spoke up saying he had already given advice and had lead her in the direction of a lighter broom making him give a slight nod."Well, a lighter broom does offer more speed and agility but it's more of a seeker broom. Seekers need the agility and speed to weave in and out of players and bludgers while chasing the snitch. Chasers need a broom that has both the speed and agility but also be heavy enough to handle wind resistance. If its within budget I would suggest the Cleansweep Eleven. It can go from nought to seventy miles an hour in ten seconds, it has a vibration control built in and an anti-jinx varnish. It's light enough for the speed you need while heavy enough to handle it." He lead the teens over to the broomstick in question so they could look at its display as well as read over its information for themselves. "Would you like to take a closer look at it?" Wyatt asked the teen girl.
RedEagleEye007

amo10690

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:59 pm
User Image

Ari felt the blush as it flooded her face. Benjamin said she was the best and for whatever reason that seemed to make her really happy. She waved him off, "It's just a cake. Wait and see if you even like it." She said more to the ground than to her friend as she attempted to hid the red that filled her cheeks.

Arianna smiled at Benjamin as he must have caught her stuttering and explained far better what she was looking for. Ari listened carefully as the worker shared his knowledge on brooms with them. The gist of it was Benjamin was right again. He had originally suggested a broom more like what the shopkeeper was describing outside of the shop. Wyatt suggested a Cleansweep and led them over to it. Ari could hardly contain the drool that she felt pooling into her mouth as she stared at the new broom. She read the card over again checking the facts that she was just told and the price. It was well within budget and she internally sighed about that. The broom itself was beautiful and it looked like it would fit perfectly in her hand if she reached out to hold it. And just as she thought this the gentleman helping them offered to take a closer look at it she hesitated. "Can I?" she asked. She glanced at her friend wondering what he was thinking.

RedEagleEye007
Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:43 pm

Third year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin nodded at her as she told him to wait and see, shaking his head as she said while looking down at the ground, wondering why she did it that way. Wasn't it customary to look at people while talking? He wouldn't say anything, but it made him wonder what was happening because usually she did do that.

As he listened to the man speak, Benjamin gave him a nod, glad to hear that his assumptions were actually correct, but then the man made a great point in saying that she needed one that while light, was heavy enough to hit a good top speed and be able to control. Benjamin nodded, a question coming to his mind. "Just wondering, how does someone go about controlling the vibration. Is there like a distinct spell for that, or is it a process?" he asked the man, wondering what the answer was, because he was only a third year; so possibly they didn't learn the spell for it if it was a single spell.

He gave a chuckle as Ariana answered the man with another question to which she already received the answer. "Yes she would," he said, laughing, wondering why the girl was hesitating so much.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
amo10690

Yukina101

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:13 pm

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt grinned at the visible delight on the girl's face before he reached up and lightly tapped the display with his wand canceling the anti-theft charms around the broom before handing it to her. "Friendly reminder that there's no flying allowed in the store but if you want you could try calling it up to your hands." he told her with an encouraging grin. At the boys question he scratched the scruff on his cheek a tiny bit surprised that he would even want to know. "It's a bit of both actually. There's a process of spells to ensure that not only does it control the vibration at different speeds but that the spell stays firmly on the broom and not dissipate. It's a highly specialized and unique to each broom manufacturer as well as widely difficult and advanced magic." He really hoped the boy wasn't thinking of looking up how to do it, the magic that goes into making broomsticks was sporadic at best, freaking dangerous at worse. The kid barely looked as old as Kalin so there was no way he could handle it.
RedEagleEye007

amo10690

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:08 am
User Image

Arianna grinned widely as the shopkeeper passed her the new broom. She was slightly disappointed that she couldn't fly the broom yet but she understood why she couldn't exactly take it for a test run in here. Just imagine all the stuff she'd break. She took the friendly guys advice and placed the broom on the floor and summoned it into her hand. It responded quickly to her command shooting into her hand. Ari smiled at her broom. This one would be perfect! Arianna took her attention away from the wondrous broom that her hands held to listen to Benjamin and the shopkeeper converse about the brooms. She obviously had missed the important parts of their conversation as she was playing with her broom. She glanced over at them in curiosity.

RedEagleEye007
Yukina101

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:15 am

Third year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin listened to the man's answer, nodding his head along as he answered his question, glad to find out that it wasn't just a process or a spell...rather both, which Benjamin contemplated for a moment, only being able to somewhat imagine the difficulty of that kind of process. It had to be hard to say the least. And the fact that it was highly specialized to each manufacturer he found even more interesting, due to the fact that there were different processes to get to that same end. He was sure there were some universals steps each had to take, but it was cool to know that there was no broom that was alike. It kind of seemed like the muggle automobile kind of thing. Some were sleeker...some were faster...some were slower. It just was interesting that the wizards basically have the same idea as the muggles in that respect. "Interesting. Cool...thank you for your time. I guess Ariana will be bringing up a broom to the register in a minute. I think she fell in love with the one you showed her," he said, laughing a bit before turning and looking back at Ariana, who was fiddling with the broom, but looking at them at the same time.

"Just had a few questions about brooms..." he said to her, shrugging his shoulder. "Is that the one you want? Or do you want to look further?" He looked to her answer, wondering what she was going to say. He really didn't care either way. It really was up to her.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
Yukina101

amo10690

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:17 pm

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt nodded at the teen boy still hoping he wasn't thinking of trying anything before glancing over to the girl and grinning at the look on her face. He'd seen that look many times before on kids and adults alike when they got that one broom that just felt right and he was happy he managed to lead her towards the right one for her. At the boy's question he internally wondered if the two of them were either related or dating the way he seemed to talk for her. "I'm inclined to agree with you. If that's the one you want you can follow me up to the front so I can ring her up for you. If you want to keep looking I'll be up by the front if you need anything else." he her with a wide grin. He enjoyed the summer months because it was his busiest season and because he actually didn't mind tiny Quidditch wing-nuts like them coming in. It made him feel worthwhile.
RedEagleEye007

amo10690

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:39 pm
User Image

Arianna nodded in understanding as Benjamin explained he was just asking questions about brooms. "Ahh, should've guessed you are in Ravenclaw." She grinned at the boy with a large thirst for knowledge. He really seemed to take advantage of any learning opportunity available to him. Ari shook her head at the boy. She would never quite understand how he could want to learn so much. In her opinion it was summer break and her brain was shut off for the time being. She turned her attention back to the broom and agreed with the boys, "Yes I definitely want this one! Thank you for all your help with picking it out." She smiled at the shopkeeper trying to show her appreciation.

"Benjamin, is there anything else you want to look at while we're here? I think I'll just be getting the broom." She turned her attention back to her friend wondering if he needed anything or if he was as ready for ice cream as she was. She was done shopping buying a broom was going to take up most of her money that she earned for the summer but she wouldn't mind wandering around if that's what he wanted. She was just enjoying his company at this point.

RedEagleEye007
Yukina101

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas