Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Quality Quidditch Supplies Open, Hiring, and Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:30 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria cocked an eyebrow. "You're playing professional football?" she asked, a tone of disbelief in her voice. The girl didn't think Theo would be scouted for professional football at only twelve years old. Weren't all of the players adults? Alex turned back to stare at the brooms on the display. They were expensive, but that meant they were good, didn't it? Mum knows more about them than I do. She should have bought me one, she thought, annoyed at her limited knowledge. All her mum did was give her money and tell her to spend it on what she wished. "Errrm-" What was she looking to a buy? A broom obviously, but what kind? "Perhaps a Firebolt? Or- erm, I dunno," she said, giving up on trying to decide on the spot. Maybe asking the manager or a worker what type of broom she should get was a better idea than choosing on her own. Then again, Alex could decide for herself. She was old enough to make choices of her own and didn't need anybody's help, or so she thought.

RedEagleEye007

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rosemary nodded a bit, then smirked. "If there is one thing that boy does not need, it's more to read. He used to get grumpy if he wasn't reading, and I bet it's only gotten worse. His father was the same way, you see?" She nodded, then looked at the goggles. She didn't know if they would be a nice gift, as she was sure he had some. What didn't he have, though? She knew her eldest son had always been good about squirreling away money, and that the kids were quite well taken care for. Hmm... The man's next question caused her to look up in a bit of surprise. "You know Dhylan? Yes, yes indeed he is my grandson. My oldest, and certainly tallest. Are you a friend if his?" Her dark green eyes were curious, the exact same excited sparkle that appeared in Dhyl's eyes when a question of interest arose. They had always shared that insatiable curiosity. Whether from reading if from talking to people, they both loved to learn.

Feeling brokenBarely holding onBut there's just something so strongSomewhere inside me
And I am down but I'll get up againDon't count me out just yet
They can say thatI won't stay aroundBut I'm gonna stand my ground
You're not gonna stop meYou don't know meYou don't know who I amDon't count me out so fast
There will be no fade outThis is not the endI'm down now
But I'll be standing tall againTimes are hard butI was built tough
I'm gonna show you all what I'm made of

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood

Wyatt chuckled at the woman's assessment of her grandson thinking of the studious boy in question and had to agree; he did seem the type to have his nose permanently glued to a book. It gave him a short sort of thrill knowing his was more than likely doing so with the book he had given him. At her question she nodded a tad sheepishly. "More like close acquaintances, although he and my little brother seem to be on the fast track to friendship." he thought of Kalin sending owls to the teen and becoming excited when he actually wrote back. He had even considered inviting him along on one of their London days, as a surprise to his little brother. Since they had only arrived in the city mere months ago they hadn't had the chance to fully explore it like they wanted. So, every second Sunday, he would close the shop and explore different parts of the city and surrounding area with Kalin and ride trolleys or double decker buses like true Britons. It was honestly hilarious to Wyatt but it made his brother happy so he wouldn't complain. Just then he thought of something that made him still and turn towards the older lady. "I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself; Wyatt Abrams, owner of this modest establishment, at your service ma'am." he introduced with a short bow and charming smile.

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rosemary smiled at the young man, a bit curious how the two had met. Maybe he was a recent alumni? No, his voice sounded too.... American. Perhaps his brother went to school with Dhylan? At the man's introduction, her smile became a bit softer. "Rosemary Nolynn, dah'link. I'm a mother of two and grandmother of three. You said you met Dhylan, yes? Did one of the two little 'uns come with him? He's never been the type to be away from his siblings Well, Minerva. I have yet to see him with Todd." She rambled a bit, then stopped, looking a mite uncomfortable. "Sorry, dear. It's been some time since I've seen the kids. I quite miss them and all. Surely you must know how hard it is to miss someone you love like that!"

Feeling brokenBarely holding onBut there's just something so strongSomewhere inside me
You're not gonna stop meYou don't know meYou don't know who I amDon't count me out so fast

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:02 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo chuckled at her answer, and he expected her to react like that nonetheless. She was wizard born and didn't understand the inner workings of muggle football of course. He quickly answered, making sure her skepticism, if any was there of course, was settled. "No...not yet. I am going to play with their youth team in their academy. Usually they make the kids stay year long in the academy, but I told them I must attend the school my father has paid in advance for. Of course, my father fabricated evidence of that easily and presented it to them and they seemed to make an exception. It's weird, my...adopted father always seems very good at doing those kind of things," he said, shrugging it off, but truthfully, he never realized it until now.

He listened to her brooms of choice and it didn't sound like she had a clue, which made him laugh once again. "Okay, you sound as sure as I did when I thought about if I should get one sometime. I would assume, like most football gear, the best would be the highest prices, but I guess the shape you are comfortable with would matter too. I sure would find amusement in you 'trying' brooms in the store," he said, with a mischievous smile on his face. "Okay, I'm kidding, but come on, just think, you flying around this bloody store like a bat out of hell. I mean...I would do it..." he said, teasing her a bit, hoping she wouldn't try it, but he wouldn't put it above her.

"I definitely have my eye on this one," he said looking it over, looking at a twigger 101, as if it was cheep enough. He soon looked at the price and then back up to Alexandra, "...that is...until I saw the price." he had been completely sarcastic with that one and knew that he should probably put it down before he actually did buy it. He wanted it...quite a bit, but he would have to save his money for that. He had the money, but he also knew that he wanted to purchase his school books today and find other things to buy.

I hated every minute of
training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt grinned at Rosemary's introduction liking her already and nodding at her question. "Yes, just one of the actually, I haven't met his sister yet. But Todd was, is, a very smart very adorable little boy." he smiled softly thinking of the boy whom he had carried in his arms and allowed to play with his "Fellyfant." At her small stint of rambling he grasped that she hadn't been around much in their lives, which he couldn't understand given how sweet and maternal she was acting just for the few minutes he had met her. At her question he faltered thinking of his mother who he sometimes felt was more of a memory than an actual being in his life, his father, who he wished would be nothing more than a memory, his step-mother, who he could honestly say was nothing but a bad memory, and his little brother. He thought back to his days at boarding school and how he had missed and longed for breaks and extended weekends to visit him. "Yes ma'am I do indeed; it's almost like a hunger that can never be sated until you see that person again." Wyatt spoke honestly.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:23 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria raised an eyebrow. Usually when an exception was made, money was involved. Or at least, that's what she assumed. Nobody would make such a large exception unless they were either paid extremely well or Theo was essential to the football academy. "Maybe he's got some sort of trick up his sleeve," the girl commented, implying that Theo's father had spent quite a large amount of money for his son. Dark eyes darted onto the man who seemed to be about ten years older than Alex. He was busy conversing with an old woman, but he must have had some advice on what broom Alexandria should get. At least he could steer her in the right direction, anyway. It would probably be a better pick than what she would choose without any background knowledge. Dark eyes darted back onto Theo when he cracked his joke about her trying out a broom in the store. Alexandra took note of the devious smile which plastered itself onto the boy's face, but the girl didn't look one bit amused. Instead, she pulled her hand free from Theo's and crossed her arms. "If you think you're so funny, let's see you do it," she said, daring her friend to pull one of the brooms off the display and fly around the store with it. Alexandria eyed the Twigger 101. "How much is it?" she asked. The girl could possibly afford it though she didn't know if that was the best choice for herself. Not only did she want a broom that was fast and durable, but she also wanted one that would give her an advantage as a keeper. After all, that was the position she had wanted to play as for the Gryffindor Quidditch team at school.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:53 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image

Theo chuckled when she pulled her hand away, despite her seriousness. Maybe that was the humorous part of the whole ordeal...her seriousness. "You really think I would even try that? I just became a wizard and am regarded as a muggleborn, so I'm already on thin ice with some...unfortunately. But you...you are cute girl...so. I think you'd be more suited to escape the consequences," he said to her, hoping he could get out of the dog house with this one. He would try to play it off like he never said it, but he never was sure how that would work.

"It is quite a bit I guess. I mean, it is seventy-five galleons, which is probably around five hundred and twenty five euros, give or take twenty-five. It is a lot actually now that I think of it," he said to her, finally realizing the inflation that Europe is going through, at least, the muggle side of it. "You should buy keeper gloves too. You are going for keeper again too right?"

I hated every minute of
training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:35 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria's lips stretched into a closed mouth smile before the girl opened it to speak. "You really think I'm cute?" she asked, stretching her smile into a toothy one. No boy has ever called her cute before. At least, not to her face, and honestly, the twelve year old liked it. Dark eyes narrowed onto the broom. After all, Alexandria didn't want to make anything awkward between Theo and herself. "That is a lot," she agreed, staring at the Twigger 101. If mum took me shopping instead of Bella, maybe she'd buy this for me, she thought, annoyed yet again at the fact that her sister was a witch. Alexandria reached into her back pocket and pulled out a small pouch with the galleons she received from her mother. There weren't nearly seventy five of them. "How much trouble d'you think we'd get in for stealing this?" she asked, looking back up at Theo. Obviously she was joking. Well, half joking. If she could get away with taking that broom, she would; however, the girl knew there were going to be harsh consequences for that. Alexandria nodded in response to Theo's question. "That's the plan. You're gonna try for seeker again?" she asked even though she doubted he would make the team. At least not the immediate one. There were still older students who were undoubtedly going to tryout for both the keeper and seeker positions.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rosemary smiled lightly at the man's words about Todd. "That sounds just like Dhylan. He used to know when people were upset, then he and that cat of his would go in the kitchen and pour chocolate milk as best he could, then he'd bring it to the sad person and tell them that chocolate milk made everyone feel better. He used to be so wide-eyed and optimistic when he was little. I believe it was Emmaline's passing that skewed his view of the world. Oh!! Has he even told you about that? I'm sorry! I'm speaking before I give him the chance to do so." She blushed a bit, then glanced around the shop. There were two nice looking young ones over by some brooms, perhaps discussing school. Her attention was drawn back to the young man when he spoke, explaining that he had indeed felt the pain of missing someone dear. "It's a terrible feeling, particularly for someone as young as yourself. Me, it's a bit easier, because I'm old and stuff, but you? You have a young, strong heart. Though, that might make you more suited to handle it, rather than an old fart like me." A soft smile lined her face, green eyes lighting up from beneath her black curls. Perhaps he would have more to say on the topic? Or should she drop it? It was hard to tell these days.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:15 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image

Theo smiled at her as her grin got wider and wider. He must have said something right for her to be smiling like this. "Yes, of course, I honestly thought you knew," he said jokingly. He was glad he brightened her day up a little bit it seemed like. It didn't seem as if she was enjoying her day because of Rosabella.

After a bit of time, she commented on the price of the broom. He shrugged it off, passing it off as bearable, but it was a pull. He really didn't want to go that steep for a broom he may not even be able to use over the years. "I think we'd get in quite a bit of trouble. I don't think your pretty face could get you out of that one," he said to her, winking at her. Then looking back down at the brooms. She asked him a question; so instinctively, he answered quickly.

"Yes. Although, I'm probably not going to make it again, but might as well try. I need something fun for me to do. Got any other ideas?" he asked, looking behind him where she stood, as he ran his hand down a sleek broom that caught his eye.

I hated every minute of

kiska166

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:36 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria rolled her eyes though a smile crept onto her lips at Theo's comment about getting into trouble. The boy actually thought she was not only cute but also pretty. Good thing, too, since Alex thought her friend was rather good looking as well. Well, he was attractive for a twelve year old prepubescent boy. But hey, she was a twelve year old prepubescent girl, so it wasn't weird to be attracted to him. When the brunet walked up to a broom, Alexandria watched as his hand caressed the smooth, wooden handle of said broom. "We could check out the dueling club," she suggested, feeling a little excited about it. Last year, she had been too young to be allowed to join, but it allowed second years and any student older, so she figured she would sign up for it. Maybe she'd learn some cool techniques if she ever needed to duel in the real world.

RedEagleEye007

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:30 pm

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt grinned failed to hold in a burst of laughter at hearing a rather adorable story about little Dhylan. He seemed to be empathetic even at a young age, it was sweet. He frowned when Rosemary mentioned someone passing, Emmaline? Who was that? Another sister? An aunt? His mother? His heart went out to the teen for whichever it was, a loss was a loss and the person that had gone must have been very close to him to skew his view as much as his grandmother said. Then again, his world had completely flipped topsy turvy when his own mother passed, that certainly messed his view of the world. It was almost sad how alike the two young men were. Wyatt shook his head against such dark thoughts and brought his attention back to the present as the older woman talked of how someone as old as she couldn't handle heartbreak. "You? Old? Come now Mrs. Nolynn you can't be a day over thirty. At the most!" he smiled cheekily at her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:58 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rosemary blushed a bit at the young man's comment, feeling a bit silly. "Maybe if you were to double that and add a few years, then I'd believe it dear." She did, however, fluff up her hair, feeling a bit girlish at the man's compliment. A question played at the back of her mind, though. He didn't sound English, so she assumed he hadn't gone to Hogwarts.... but he said he knew Dhylan.... From where? She had never known her grandson to be any sort of social butterfly! "You never did tell me how you and Dhylan met. As I recall, he tended to get frightened when meeting people he didn't know, though he may have grown out of that. I do know there has to be a story behind this, though." She offered a smile, though a knowing one, as though she knew exactly what must have happened. Well.... Dhylan got his brains from somewhere, now didn't he?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:42 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image

Theo smiled at her as everything unfolded and just like that, he felt accomplished. Why? For getting out of the dog house and getting her into a seemingly great mood of course. He took that as a win for him, and when she mentioned dueling club, it had gotten even better.

"Yeah! We should do that. I totally forgot. Do you know how we sign up for that?" he asked her, truly not knowing. He still awaited her to pick a broom as well, and he wasn't sure if she was in any rush, but he wasn't either. He wanted to spend as much time with Alexandra as he possibly could. She was probably the best person to be around in general in his eyes.

Theo, continuing to peruse the brooms, hoping to find one that he actually really liked. He wanted one that was nimble, and could handle that sharp turn with relative ease. He found his thoughts amusing because it reminded him of when he had to pick out his boots for football...oh so much. There were so many different choices, but only one is the right one.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces