Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Quality Quidditch Supplies Open, Hiring, and Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood

Wyatt raised an eyebrow at the question before looking back at the gloves. Tiny? First year size? Geez..."Then I'd go the uni, its one of those newer ones that shrink or grow with the person wearing them. Most parents buy them for their kids so they don't have to keep buying them through school and they're not that expensive, especially compared to buying dozens." he teased placing it on top of the service kit. As Dhylan talked about himself and his apparently smaller little sister he gave the once over to the teen. Rather tall, and next to his six foot three frame that was saying something, nice face, expressionist blue eyes, nice long fingers...he was doable. In more ways than one the lecherous part of his brain supplied making him stifle a snicker. "I know how that feels, when I hit puberty I thought I'd keep growing until I knocked the ceiling." Wyatt wryly grinned before walking over to the cash register with his goods. "So speaking of age, how old are you? Or, more appropriately, what year are you at school?" he amended himself ringing up the objects.

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:35 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Dhyl nodded, then fished out his coin case from his wallet. "That's a really good idea. See? You've got our head knocked on straight. I like that. How much'll it be?" He turned his blue eyes back upon Wyatt, his long, nimble fingers working the clasp of the small box. The coins were organized by size , making it seem as though there were one of each, when in fact, he had cleverly added extension charms to the box so it would lay flat in his pockets. His wand was hidden through the same charm, making it easier to conceal it... not to mention the variety of textbooks he was able to keep hidden in school a few years ago...

When told of height and asked about age, Dhyl cracked a grin. "I have to duck to go in my neighbor's house. The doorframes are right at forehead height, and I'm not one to enjoy a pained skull. Then again, I don't know who would enjoy such a thing..." He made a face of thought and concentration, then blinked and chuckled a bit. "Sorry, I'm a bit unfocused. Been studying too long, I think. I'm seventeen, though I'll be eighteen in December. I'm in my seventh and final year at Hogwarts. How 'bout you? How old are you and where did you study?" He liked knowing about other magical schools, and this man's accent didn't sound like one from the British Isles, so the black haired teen was curious of his whereabouts.

{OoC: #FFDA00}

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt chuckled at Dhylan's assessment and took a short mock boy ringing up the final purchase. "One service kit and on pair of keeper gloves...that'll be five galleons and nine sickles." He pressed the button on the register and heard the sale bell bing loudly forcing a grin upon his faced. He loved that sound. Glancing over at his small wallet he tried not to look like a snoop or thief as he tried to figure out how all his money fit in there. He pulled back from his gazing to listen to the teen speak about his own height woes chuckling at his own exploits and his floo of conscious speak going in every which direction. It was cute, the rambling. He did give a tiny sigh of relief when he said that he was of age even though he was in his final year of schooling before blinking at the onslaught of questions causing him to chuckle louder. "Accent finally piqued your interest huh? I'm twenty-one, I graduated from the Salem Witches Institute, ironically in Salem, Massachusetts in the United States of America, before I went off to a private university in Michigan, also of America, to study business and wards. And well, here I am." Wyatt grinned and flourished his arms before placing Dhylans' supplies in a bag and handing it to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:55 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Dhyl nodded and used his nimble fingers to slide five Galleons and nine Sickles from the case. "There you are!" He folded the small case in half, then clasped it shut once more. With a bit of shuffling, the case was returned to his back pocket. "Indubitably. Wait.. Salem? In the states? That is neat! I've been 'cross the pond once, but I was too little to remember. My uncle used to live in... erm... New York, I think it was. Something with 'New' at the start. He just came back to the isles. It was nice to see him after so long. I remember that I went 'cause I was positive;y terrified of the aeroplane." He smiled fondly at the memory, then fast forwarded back to current time. "You went to Uni? How was it? I've been thinking of going, or at least applying to a few local ones. Though, I'm not sure what I'd study, maybe history? I'm fairly good in that class... well... I'm good in all of them... but..." He colored a bit, realizing he was more than a little rambling. He needed to shut up before he made a total fool of himself, worse than he surely already had, anyway.

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:36 pm

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt took the coins and deposited them into the register while snickering at the onslaught of verbal diarrhea coming from Dhylan after he gave away his origins. He's pretty sure the teen only took one minute of breath before running away with the idea of university then quieting with a blush on his cheeks. He'll hate himself for continually thinking it but he can't help but point out how adorable he was being. "Well we do have a handful of states with 'New' in front of it." he answered drolly with his smile still present. At the question of his university education he shrugged not exactly knowing how to respond. "It was alright I guess, a bit like normal boarding school I'd suspect without teachers breathing down your neck every few seconds." Wyatt's grin widened as the teen almost seemed to be embarrassed that he was doing so well in all his classes. "Well if you're as good as you say, and I'm betting you are, you'll have colleges beating down your door begging for your application." he said with an encouraging lilt.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:24 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Dhyl bit at his lower lip when he was informed that there were more states starting with 'New' than he had thought. Well... Augh. There were a lot of states, anyhow! How could he know all of them on mere whim? It was like asking him to recite the table of elements... well... except that he knew the elements...

"Uni sounds fun! I'm just worried I won't be able to get in! I mean, I didn't do as well as I had hoped on one of my OWLs! I mean, they were all O's, then... Mythology... Oh, Mythology. I practically failed that course! I will do better on the NEWTs, I will!" He hated that one of his grades was lower than the others, even though most people he'd spoken to had told him to stop being so uptight at the still high mark. It wasn't the same! High mark was not a perfect score! He had been studying last term, but his phase as a lifeless lump had really screwed him over. Oh well. He would figure a way to study twice as hard this year. He didn't want a repeat of his own disappointment at the end of this year!

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:58 pm

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt raised an eyebrow at Dhylan's self-loathing over his grades and had to wonder how bad they really were. "Was it really failing, or like an 'A' failing?" he asked dryly. Anything else he was going to say was cut off by shrill scream of a little girl who had dropped a quaffle on her foot and who's mother was nowhere to be found. With only a snort of disgust at the wayward mom he went over to the crying girl who was now sitting on the floor holding her foot. "There there now, can I see your foot for a second please?" She looked at him through her tears but seemed to trust him enough to let him take a look. Thankfully the quaffle one of the practcing ones and had only landed on the tips of the toes and not the foot itself. Still, Wyatt made elaborate wand waving and silly sayings to make the little girl feel a bit better while he whispered an actual healing spell on the toes. "Feel better now sweetie?" he asked softly smiling when she nodded and ran out the store to an hysterical mother. Noting that no one else in the store had been paying attention nor needing assistance he walked back over to Dhylan and his little brother. "Sorry about that, for some reason stuff like that happens a lot, especially with kids." he shrugged nonchalantly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:26 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Dhyl flushed a bit when Wyatt asked if the class had been a fail, or a low pass. "W-well... it was an E, but... but the circumst--" He looked around the shop as a shrill scream sounded. Poor dear! Dhylan watched, his head tilted in curiosity. Well, he seemed good with kids, which was always nice. When he returned, a light smile was formed on sly lips. "Don't worry about it. Todd's gotten himself into the same sort of stuff. Heck, until last fall when he learned to talk, I was considering tying a bell around his neck so we would know where he was. But, I digress. He's a darling." He nodded, then bounced the still sleeping child in his arms, wondering how he had slept through that ruckus. Well, it was one thing he inherited from his father and sister, the teen supposed, smiling.

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:09 pm

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt grinned teasingly as Dhylan stammered on about his actual grade being an "E." "I bet you're one of those guys who think they're a complete failure if they don't make perfect grades, aren't you?" he chuckled fixing one of the displays. Hearing the teen talk about his little brother made him think of Kalin and the odd things he got himself into. He's still to this day having trouble trying to understand how he managed to hang himself by his pants on a ceiling fan. And the little psycho had been laughing! Ugh...kids. "I know how you feel, sometimes I wanted to tape Kalin to a chair just to make sure he didn't get into anything he wasn't supposed to. The darling part however is negotiable." Wyatt smirked but agreed that Todd himself was in fact a pretty cute kid. And his brother isn't so bad on the eyes either his mind supplied.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:08 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Dhylan shook his head. "I don't think I'm a complete failure! I just made a goal for myself and didn't meet it, is all..." He gave a confidant nod, then broke into a grin. It had been a long time since he'd held a smile this big and it sort of made his cheeks hurt. He awkwardly closed his lips over his teeth, then just held a soft smile. As he spoke of a boy named Kalin, Dhyl tilted his head to the side curiously. "Sounds like something my sister would do, way back when she was a little one. She used to get mom to help distract me, then tie my shoelaces in a knot, or whatever." A smile of sheer fondness showed on his face, eyes showing both happiness and sadness.

As Dhyl was distracted by talking, Todd snored softly, then adjusted again, this time moving his hand to fall limply by his side. As the small boy's hand released, his elephant falling to the floor as the boy's head flopped onto his older brother's chest. He looked as though he were collapsing sideways, but Dhyl adjusted just enough to ensure that he wouldn't be going anywhere soon.

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:46 pm

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt just chuckled and shook his head mock exasperated with the teen; in a way it was kinda funny. He'd never had this much fun talking to someone besides his little brother, which was a tad sad if he said so himself, and then here comes a random British teenager and his sleeping baby brother and he was practically a chatterbox. Odd, but a good odd he supposed. He gave a short burst of laughter when Dhylan recounted his mischievous sister tying his shoes together his aquamarine eyes glittering in amusement. "Tag team effort, huh? You probably never stood a chance." Wyatt teased before looking over at the brothers and noting a sense of sadness come onto him. Was it something he had said? Backtracking, he tried to remedy the situation when his attention was stolen by a sickeningly adorable snore from the toddler on his chest and watched as his purple elephant fell the ground. Without even thinking he bent over and picked it up before gently arranging it back into the little boy's arms. He remembered the days of having to sneak toys either into our out of a child's grip and he thought he was rather proficient. "I know this is kind of random but I hoping that when I had a break we could go and get some ice cream or something, my treat of course." Wyatt gave a beaming grin not even considering his previous action.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:09 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
Dhylan snickered when Wyatt noted the girls had a tag-team arrangement. "Yea, but she was only four, maybe five at the time, so she needed help. Then again, I was a rather plucky little guy, so I couldn't have been much to fight against." He drifted off as Wyatt squat to the floor, then stood with Todd's elephant in his hand. Dhyl shifted the young boy as the man gently tucked the animal back in his arms. Todd immediately curled up around the toy, then gave another little snort.

When Wyatt invited the two out to ice cream, Dhyl blinked lightly, long lashes sweeping lightly. "I wouldn't mind at all, actually, and Todd loves ice cream, so I think he would be happy as well. He got mad at me earlier because I was mean and insisted we do our shopping first." He grinned lightly, then bounced the child a bit more to see if he could rouse the boy. "Todd? Hey, Todd? Want some ice cream?" He smiled softly, looking at the little one.

Todd cuddled his elephant, then heard his name... and ice cream. He opened his chocolate brown eyes, then peeked up at his brother. "I-isss sc-skeem?" His voice was quiet, still obviously full of tiredness, but also quite a bit of curiosity. Ice cream was his favorite, after all! He looked at the shop owner, then gave a tiny wave, then yawned hugely. "M-mn-mnornin! He smiled, snuggling back against his brother with what could only be called an exasperated sigh.

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:59 am

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt grinned and tried to imagine a "plucky" young Dhylan and saw a small willowy child with big innocent blue eyes, impossibly long eyelashes, and a permanently curious look on his face. He had to audibly clear his throat the clear the image from his mind and focus on the present. Which was that his suggestion had been accepted by both brothers much to his delight and he watched as the older woke up the sleeping little one. His smile turned tender at the scene as Todd slowly came around to wakefulness and even said good morning. "Good morning little man, would you like to join me for ice cream?" he asked directly to the child. It was after he asked that he remembered his own little brother who was supposed to be heading in this direction. "Would you mind if my little brother joined us? I asked him to come by the shop because I don't like leaving him at home alone while I work...for multiple reasons." Wyatt finished with an embarrassed grin.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:28 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Todd yawned again then grinned. "Yeps p-peese?" He bat his own lashes, then looked up at his brother. "P-peese Dwyllie?"

Dhyl smiled, then ruffled Todd's hair. "Of course, to both of you. The more the merrier, no? Or, as my mamma used to say, 'La famille est heureuse, la plus rejoindre.' I-I'm not certain on the translation, but I think it's something about joining a family and being happy." He nodded, remembering his mother saying that when she rescued stray animals or invited people for dinner. Though, the last few words of Wyatt's made Dhyl a bit curious. Multiple reasons? Like what? How much trouble could one kid cause?! He bit at his bottom lip, not sure if he wanted to ask for an explanation or not. "M-multiple reasons? Mind if I inquire further?" His cheeks turned a light pink, accenting the neon blue irises above.

{OoC: The family is happy, the more join.}

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:52 am

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt grinned at the obvious pleading coming from Todd and couldn't help but join in. "Yeah, Dhyllie, please?" He was taken aback by the sudden onslaught of French coming from the teen and, if he were to be completely honest, a tad titillating. He was saved from further embarrassment thankfully by the other asking about Kalin making him chuckle. "I probably shouldn't have said it like that. What I mean is that my brother likes to experiment in the kitchen a lot and I don't trust him with the oven by himself. So he tries to hide it or tries to cook using odd, various, and sometimes dangerous methods that make me want to wrap him in wool and throw him in a closet." Wyatt answered with a soft growl at the end. He loved Kalin, he truly did, but he tried his patience on the best of days. And speak of the devil...

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers