Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Quality Quidditch Supplies Open, Hiring, and Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⤑ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Magic sport store
xxx⤑ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Cian, Cian's twin friends
xxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Broom Shopping
xxxxx⤑ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Why won't he tell me about this sport?

Aeryn counted on her fingers while one of the twins listed off the spots on the team. Seven, or possibly eight per team, and she knew there were four teams... the odds of making any of the teams were slim to none! They explained Cian's spot, the protector, and their own spots, before asking about what he was shopping for. "Mum said he's only allowed to get a broom, and even then they're really expensive! It's stupid 'cause I don't get something cool!" She crossed her arms, thinking it wholly unfair that Cian got super expensive new stuff while all she got were stuff he already had. In fact, the only thing unique to her would be her pet, because she certainly didn't want a dumb ferret!

Kungfudemoness

Yukina101

I ᴍᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, I ʟᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛ, I sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇss ᴜᴘ ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ꜰᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ. I ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ɴᴇxᴛ
Bɪʀᴅs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ꜰʟʏ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛ ᴜᴘ. Nᴏʙᴏᴅʏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ, I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs, I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:36 pm
See I ain’t never been the one to toot my own horn, beep, beep
Now watch me put her on
I set fire everywhere I play,
make them all go insane, L.A to UK
Now I'mma burn it up, when I step on the scene

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Uηѕσятє∂ Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя Ƥяєρυвєѕcєηт Mєηαcє Ɗαηcєя

☙❧Lia pushed into the Quidditch store scowling as one kid nearly knocked into Brennie as he was taking a picture and if she hadn't been in such a good mood she might've been half tasked to tell him about himself. But as such, she was in a good mood so she merely made sure to send a huff in their general direction before pulling her friend along into the store. They were finally-finalllyyyyfinallyfinallyFINALLY-shopping for their Hogwarts stuff and she was so excited about it she didn't even mind their parents making a big deal out of it. Almost. Though honestly Brennie took enough pictures for both sets of parents plus himself so it wasn't like they'd really miss anything. They'd visited her Da's apothecary first to get the smelly stuff out the way, then they'd gone to Madame Malkin's to get the boring robes out of the way and that had taken almost for ruddy ever. Longer than even getting ready for their last recital, and they'd had two costume changes! So now they were mainly in their uncle's store as a way to relax but also so she could pick up a few stuff for Quidditch. She was definitely trying out for whatever house's team she was placed in and she'd heard all the horror stories about the school brooms. Logically she knew she wasn't good enough to be cast first string as a first year (though honestly if Will could do it...) but she between her mum and her cousins she could at least fix up whatever broom she got stuck with to lessen her chance of fatality. Lia stopped over by a set of gloves and looked at them curiously before turning to her friend. "You think we could find a pair that looks like paw prints on the inside? Or would that be too kiddie?" she asked tracing a seam.

Miss GryffindorK

My whole crew is fresh, and they rollin' with me
You can turn me up yep to the extreme
I'mma rock the World til they follow with me
I’m the fireball at the party
I’m the fire

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Quality Quidditch Supplies
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Lia
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? School Shopping
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? It's great to hang out

Brennie was happy to follow Lia around all day, though he had to admit shopping for something as normally boring as school supplies was great. He was doing his best to secret a picture of a large group of owlets in Milo's shop window when someone bumped into him. He wasn't upset at getting bumped, but he was a bit sad that the picture was incredibly blurred. Darn. He looked up at Lia, grinning when he realized they were headed into Wyatt's shop. It was always fun to look at all the gear for quidditch, though she was far more an expert on the topic than he was. He could always teach her various instruments or cool camera tricks in exchange for her quidditch skill. Her mama was a professional player, after all. Then again, his uncle Wyatt almost went pro AND he was friends with James Masters.... well, so was she, but still!

Lia went to look at the gear and he followed, grinning as he sneaked a picture of his best friend. She questioned if she could find some paw-print gloves, and secretly he wondered if there was such a thing. "I'll certainly help you look for some. And don't worry, they wouldn't be too kiddie. In fact, they'd be adorable!" He ran a hand through his hair, then started searching through the gloves on display. "What's cool is maybe if we don't find any you like, uncle Wyatt can maybe order us some! That's the perks of us being related to half the alley!" He laughed boisterously, just happy to be having so much fun. Luckily he had a great friend like Lia, because there couldn't be a dull moment with her.

Yukina101

I ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙɪᴛᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏɴɢᴜᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ, sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴇss
Sᴏ I sɪᴛ ǫᴜɪᴇᴛʟʏ, ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ ᴘᴏʟɪᴛᴇʟʏ. I ɢᴜᴇss ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛ I ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ
I ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴜsʜ ᴍᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ. I sᴛᴏᴏᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ, sᴏ I ꜰᴇʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ, ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ʙʀᴜsʜɪɴɢ ᴏꜰꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜsᴛ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴏᴜɴᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ sʜᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ
Yᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ɢᴏᴛ ᴜᴘ. Gᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ. I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ, I sᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ɴᴏᴡ
I ɢᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʏᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪɢᴇʀ, ᴀ ꜰɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ, ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀᴇ
Lᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ, ʟᴏᴜᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ʟɪᴏɴ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ ʀᴏᴀʀ!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:51 pm
See I ain’t never been the one to toot my own horn, beep, beep
Now watch me put her on
I set fire everywhere I play,
make them all go insane, L.A to UK
Now I'mma burn it up, when I step on the scene

Uηѕσятє∂ Ƒιяѕт Ƴєαя Ƥяєρυвєѕcєηт Mєηαcє Ɗαηcєя

☙❧Lia grinned at Brennie's thoughts on the gloves thankful her friend would at least support her idea for paw print gloves. Her eyes widened in surprise when he also mentioned that if they didn't find any they could definitely ask their uncle if he could and order some. She hadn't even thought of that! "That's a brilliant idea! I bet Uncle Wy would know exactly where to get it too!" He ran a while Quidditch store, he had to know! She put back down the gloves now that she had a plan and began looking at broom handle wax and goggles since her last pair was a bit snug. "Have you decided whether you were gonna tryout yet?" Lia asked looking over at her friend. Obviously she would want him to tryout with her, even if they ultimately played on opposing teams (though she hoped they'd get in the same house) but she also knew not everyone was as kooky for the sport as the rest of their family was.

Miss GryffindorK

My whole crew is fresh, and they rollin' with me
You can turn me up yep to the extreme
I'mma rock the World til they follow with me
I’m the fireball at the party
I’m the fire

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:34 pm

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

third year || Gryffindor || halfblood
Art Club mapmaker || Cooking Club snacker || Quidditch reserve
irregular attendee of any club events

They were less than a week out of Hogwarts and Aire was back to waking up at 10, running around with messy clothes and spending at least two hours a day perched in a quiet corner, seemingly doodling a table or spoon as she schemed her next master crime. Last winter, her father and Edaline had been fostering her second-cousin-something-or-another. The little voodoo witch was home in Spain for the summer though, and in a few hours Aire and Harmony would be home at sea.

Edaline was at Flourish and Blotts getting their required texts -- Aire had gotten two copies of Transfiguration and none of DADA last year--and Julius was getting other things, like a runes set or something-- Aire had wanted to select one herself. But she and Harmony had been assigned an even more important decision. Uncle Azim and Aunt Nceba had said that Harmony could get a broom for her second year-- first years couldn’t bring brooms anyways, and they wanted her to know to fly first-- and that had finally convinced Aire’s own parents --all four of them who never played Quidditch-- that Aire could have a broom as well. Since no one knew anything, the girls were allowed to select their own models--within reason-- and the adults would be there to help finance the purchase in a few hours.

Aire led her young cousin into the shop with an excited tremor, sticking to the walls and admiring all the fine brooms. She started by the racing brooms, but was quickly distracted. “We should get a practice quaffle, right?” she asked Harmony. “Or a practice bludger? Goggles. I think goggles are necessary.”

setting Good Brooms Stuff, June 2051 || with Harmony
appearance 4'7", 90 lbs || wearing Red shirt, and blue rose skirt

status distracted by all the quidditch stuff

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Dig beneath the surface
Find the lessons there to learn
And then dig deeper
Feed your intuition
Don't leave any stone unturned
Be the seeker of the truth
☁✶
~"Wonderful Life" from Smallfoot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:22 pm
User Image
Harmony Aindrias
Second year Gryffindor

▬▬"We need, in every community, a group of angelic troublemakers."▬▬

Harmony was thrilled, they were soon set to go back to see again, but first they were getting school supplies and even better, brooms. It hadn't taken much convincing, between Aire and Harmony both being on quidditch teams, and Mr. Jackson being around, they were told they could go to the quidditch shop while the others got their school supplies, Harmony and Aire weren't to be trusted with buying their own books anymore.

As Aire dragged her into the quidditch store, she began launching into what all they needed, Harmony giggled, "Yes on the quaffle, maybe even two, in case we drop it in the ocean, ya know? But no on the bludger, unless you plan on becoming a beater? We can always just use one of the spare quaffles and get someone to spell it to chase us around if we want that practice." She picked up one quaffle, and tossed it in the air, "Ah yes, this one will do splendidly." She then ran to the goggles, what a brilliant idea that Aire had. "Goggles! Brilliant. Those are going to be especially helpful if we play over the sea, imagine all that salt water getting into our eyes, we would probably fall off our brooms into the water. And I don't recommend the whole fall into the water thing, I think that squid is still out to get my other leg." She began picking up all the goggles and trying them on, was this even allowed? Well, either way she was going to do it, so who really cared if it was allowed. "I'd say we could get one of the quidditch books, but I think Mr. Jackson could teach us more than those books can. Actually, he may use the books as fire starters if we brought them on board."
They hadn't even gotten to thinking about brooms yet, how much would the salty water of the sea damage their brooms, would they buy extra broom cleaner to protect it from damage, or were they safe because they were magic brooms?

▬▬"That's me, the angelic one. The Angelic Troublemakers, has a nice ring to it."▬▬

Where: Quidditch Shop
With Whom: Aireeeeee
Thinking about: Quidditch? Pranks? ALL THE PRANKS WITH BROOMS
Wearing: image seen in FC pic; normal looking leg.

addaellis

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:24 am

User Image✶☁

Aire followed Harmony in trying on goggles, snapping one after another on until she had one over her neck, one on her head and one over her eyes. “I like this green one. Or blue. But we really should get red, for Gryffindor. What do we say if the adults ask if Quidditch goggles are the same as swimming goggles? ” she mused.

Aire never said anything about the squid. Between the squid and Hogwarts she would occasionally vanish if someone started talking about the squid incident, and whenever there were storms Aire had taken it as her solemn duty to grab Harmony, lock her hand around her wrist, and make sure she was safe below deck. But today she grinned when Harmony brought up the squid still being out there, looking for the other leg. “Okay but if we see a squid again we flipendo one of its tentacles off and see how it likes that.”

”Miles is gonna flip,” Aire giggled, swiping the Quaffle Harmony had been considering. She bounced another in her other hand before tucking the original one under one arm, along with a few different covers of kindling. A book about quidditch, a magazine about broom design-- ”All the more reason to grab some then. We can leave a few pages around for him to rage at,” she said with a devious smirk.

Which brought them back to the brooms themselves. The Solus had an old, unreliable Cleansweep Three kept on board just in case. Last summer Aire had tried flying it around when they were far out at sea-- it moved like a seal on land and had no brakes aside from crashing onto the ground. She was not here to get one of those again. Instead, Aire set the quaffle and books down and moved the googles aside as they approached the section with brooms. The all looked so beautiful. "Do you know the first thing about choosing a brooms? Because I just realized we could probably use Miles's opinions right now."

status distracted by all the quidditch stuff

Dig beneath the surface
And then dig deeper
Feed your intuition
☁✶

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:52 pm
User Image
Harmony Aindrias
Second year Gryffindor

Harmony laughed and took a pair of black goggles, and a pair of red ones, "One for house spirit, one for night stealth by the ocean. Quidditch goggles are obviously different... they're uhh they have little wings on the side? I'm sure we could convince them that they're nowhere near the same." Then, Aire mentioned Miles glipping out, yes, that would be a great prank. Harmony searched through some magazines, finding one with Miles's rival team, yes thi would be great reading material for Miles to go crazy about.

Then, they were to the brooms. Aire asked Harmony if she knew anything baout brooms. Harmony scoffed, "Why would I know anything? You're older than me, you should be more knowledgeable about it. Why didn't we bring Mr. Jackson with us? I mean. I guess we could ask opinions, but what if they just make us buy the one that'll be the most profit to them?" Harmony paused, then with a grin bursting on her face she whispered to Aire, "We could always test them in store, ride around a bit, cause a bit of chaos, the usual, ya know, just what our parents said not to do." Now that Harmony knew they weren't going to get rid of her, she loved being able to do irresponsible things like this, and get scolded, but not disposed of.

▬▬"That's me, the angelic one. The Angelic Troublemakers, has a nice ring to it."▬▬

With Whom: Aireeeeee

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quality Quidditch Supplies
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Aire and Harmony
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Broom discussions
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This is kinda cool

Maya had stopped by QQS on her own, since her family was... doing whatever they did. Either way, she was sixteen and old enough to go on her own. She had to get some upgraded gear anyway, plus another pot of polish for her beloved broom. While there, she heard a vaguely familiar voice questioning brooms. Did they say they needed Milo's opinion about brooms? a) Milo was the least qualified, since he only knew things based on Wyatt and her dad's talking, and b) how the heck did they know Milo?

She realized quickly that it was Aire and Harmony, meaning they probably weren't talking about Milo (at least not her goddad Milo). "Hey guys, I couldn't help but overhear you're needing help with brooms? Maybe I can help. Only the best for my teammates, after all." She grinned brightly, hoping the girls accepted her help. When it seemed like they did, she launched into it. "Since you're both running as Chasers, I'd probably go with the Nimbus 2010. It's fast, it's strong, and it's got the ability to turn on a dime, which is good for racing laps up and down the pitch as the Chasers do. It can also take a hit, which is important. Otherwise, I'd think about the Firebolt, which is wicked fast, but not as good with taking hits. It turns sharply, but it's honestly a bit more geared to seeking."

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

I ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴄᴋᴇᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ 'ʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴛᴡᴏ ʙᴏᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ᴀ ᴡʜɪsᴋᴇʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ I sᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ sᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡʜᴀᴅᴅᴀʏᴀ sᴀʏ?
          I'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴄᴋᴇᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ 'ʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛɪᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴠɪᴇᴡs
          Iᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ ʀɪᴠᴇʀs, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ sɪɢʜᴛs ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sʜɪᴠᴇʀs,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛɪᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴᴇ. Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɪʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴏʜ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴᴇ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:44 pm

User Image✶☁

Aire inspected the brooms before them, trying to picture the brooms that their teammates had at school. All she remembered from Miles’s rants on the ship was that Comet and Cleansweep had a great big epic rivalry before the Nimbus came around and knocked everyone on their socks. Aire had never tried to do a perfect broom crime or anything--what a missed opportunity!

”I think his favorite broom was a Firebolt?” she mentioned. She grinned at Harmony’s idea of causing chaos, then looked around, reaching for a lovely ashwood Moontrimmer ”As long as we don’t break all their stuff, sure, hehe! Hey, who has the best broom at school? We could swap it out with a look-alike--” she cut off abruptly, brightening a little and whacking Harmony for her attention as Maya came into view. ”Hi Maya. Yes brooms. Just brooms. Not chaos. No decorations. Nope. Juust brooms.” She snapped her mouth shut abruptly.

Thankfully, Maya continued with advice. Aire paced towards the mentioned Nimbus 2010 brooms. Nearly 40 years old but still recommended? That was some good value! And there was the Firebolt too, recommended for its speed. In practice and class, Aire was always sped through her warm up laps, often trying to sneak another lap, and had more than once pushed a school broom to its limits to attempt the death-defying Wronski Feint--she did love the speed and moves. But then Aire remembered that most of the game’s points seemed to rest on the seeker’s shoulders. That responsibility sounded terrifying. ”What kind of broom do you have?...Hey, is seeking fun? Isn’t it a lot of pressure?”

status brooms? seekers?

Miss GryffindorK

Dig beneath the surface
And then dig deeper
Feed your intuition
☁✶

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:44 pm
User Image
Harmony Aindrias
Second year Gryffindor

Harmony quickly removed her hand from the broom she was grasping when she heard someone say they needed help. She turned and smiled sweetly, then saw it was Maya Masters. She clapped, "Maya I'm so glad you're here! We would just love you opinion!" Maya had to be knowledgeable she was a MASTERS for goodness sakes. A Nimbus 2010? Well, Harmony didn't know much about brooms, and obviously Aire wasn't about to ask, so she did. "How is the Nimbus 2010 a good broom? Why not one of the Twigger series?" Aire started going on about seeking, was aire considering not becoming a chaser, why would she change life plans like that? They would have to have a discussion about this later. "I don't supposed you would know how well these would do against the elements? Particularly sea salt? Since we're at the ocean all summer, all practicing would be done out there in the ocean." Maya Masters was awesome, but Maya masters probably knew nothing about sea voyage, they really should have brought Mr. Jackson.

Harmony shrugged, but she was a MASTERS. Harmony picked up a Nimbus, yes it did feel lice, and Maya Masters said this would be a good broom to get. Yes, sh ewould get it, if a Masters said it was a great broom, it surely was.

With Whom: Aireeeeee and Maya <3

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❈ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quality Quidditch Supplies
xxx❈ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? The shop owner is probably here somewhere?
xxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Struggling to Shop
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Wish I didn't walk like a cooked spaghetti noodle

Skyla was fresh off a two-week stint in the hospital following a fall that gave her a mild concussion, but the doctors were able to adjust her meds and do another muscle biopsy to try and figure out a more updated treatment plan. Meanwhile, she felt her muscles quivering under the lightest load. And her doctor begged her to use a wheelchair, to use a walking frame, but Sky refused them all. She wanted to be able to live on her own terms. Today was all about school shopping, and she was planning on taking it shop-by-shop. One of the last to visit was the Quidditch supply shop, making sure all her gear was good and to get new gloves... and possibly a safety bracket for her broom like Torin had.

As she pushed the door open with quavering arms, Sky decided to just lean against the wall for a minute. Hopefully her legs stayed strong, at least for a while. After this shop, she figured her next move would be to borrow a floo home or figure out a way to call her mom or Torin to get her. No, she'd be okay, she just had to.... survive? Then maybe sit down for a bit. Her hip was aching from where the doctor had taken a muscle sample, but she knew it was for the ultimate good. She started Physical Therapy the next Monday, and that was three freaking times a week. She'd never have time to just... be a teen! So today, she was pushing it a bit.

Drawing a deep breath, Sky carefully pushed to a stand, stumbling a bit on her steps before righting her motions. Okay. To the Seeker gear. Dark eyes looked over the shop, debating on items to buy. She needed new gloves since hers had turned up missing somewhere, and there wasn't much extra gear for Seekers. Perhaps she'd ask Nora about the so-called bludger force field....

{{Wearing :: Comfy Casual, Red Converse}}
          {{OoC: For those curious, Sky's got JPM and it's both plot requested and being taken care of. kinda}}
          Kiska166

addaellis

They tell us that we're too lost dreaming, too busy throwing rocks at the ceiling
          They tell us there ain't no ever after, to us the real world never mattered
          We just wanna live like we'll die young! Don't wanna grow up, don't wanna go numb
          Wear our rebel hearts like a diamond and burn it somewhere they'll never find 'em
          We're chasing shadows in concrete castles, running through the dark of night
          With scrapes on our knees and rips in our jeans
          Don't matter if it's wrong or right!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:25 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Benjamin Olson
                                              Fifteen Years Old - Fifth Year - Hufflepuff - Halfblood
                                              Keeper - Member of the Art Club & Drama Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Benjamin had left his family at Flourish and Blotts after announcing that he’d meet them at Quality Quidditch Supplies. As the self-proclaimed amazing Keeper that he was, Ben found broomsticks much more interesting to look at (and potentially purchase) than textbooks. Luckily, his mum had made him a deal and said that she’d buy his textbooks for him if he helped with chores around the house for the remainder of the summer. Now all he needed was to convince her that he needed a new broom. As he pushed the door to the shop open, he noticed a brunette stumbling her way through to the Seeker equipment. “Skyla?” he asked, eyes lighting up when she and he was able to confirm that it was her. “Hey, how has your summer been? How have you been?” he asked, glad to see her but concerned for her health. She truly was a badass – Ben knew nothing could keep her down. That was one of the many reasons he liked her, in fact.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Do I have a s h o t at the b i g part
                                              'Cause I've been up all night l o o k i n g at the big p i c t u r e

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:44 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❈ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quality Quidditch Supplies
xxx❈ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Ben!
xxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Struggling to Shop
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'm fine. I can push through

Skyla held on to a small display as she worked to catch her breath for a second. Her hip was shooting pain up into her back, but she had stuff to do. The door chimed with someone coming in, so the brunette pushed herself to a stand, trying to appear normal and perfectly healthy. As she let herself rest while standing next to the Seeker gear, someone called her name. Brown eyes looked over, spotting Ben Olson. He quickly asked how her summer had been, then how she'd been. She needed a fast lie for the first couple weeks. "Oh hey, Ben! I've been.... just hanging out. Practicing quidditch as best I can. How about you? What have you been up to so far?"

Her voice was a bit softer than normal, but Skyla was determined to seem totally normal. The only person allowed to know how badly she was broken was Torin, and that was because he was literally her twin. Also he was the only person she trusted not to kick her out of quidditch. Tensing her muscles, Sky pushed to a stand, trying to appear nonchalant. Nervous fingers fiddled with her bracelets, breath trying to keep a normal pace. She hated feeling weak more than anything else.

{{Wearing :: Comfy Casual, Red Converse}}
          {{OoC: For those curious, Sky's got JPM and it's both plot requested and being taken care of. kinda}}
          Kiska166

They tell us that we're too lost dreaming, too busy throwing rocks at the ceiling
          They tell us there ain't no ever after, to us the real world never mattered
          We just wanna live like we'll die young! Don't wanna grow up, don't wanna go numb
          Wear our rebel hearts like a diamond and burn it somewhere they'll never find 'em
          We're chasing shadows in concrete castles, running through the dark of night
          With scrapes on our knees and rips in our jeans
          Don't matter if it's wrong or right!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:49 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Benjamin Olson
                                              Fifteen Years Old - Fifth Year - Hufflepuff - Halfblood
                                              Keeper - Member of the Art Club & Drama Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Benjamin’s excitement from running into Skyla had blinded him from noticing anything was off. Not that he would have necessarily noticed anything anyway. After all, he didn’t know the girl that well, but what he did know about her was enough to ignite a spark in him every time he thought about her. “You excited to play again?” he asked, his eyes lighting up a little more. Ben attended most Quidditch games if only to experience the hype and take notes on his team’s opponents, but he had caught himself cheering for Skyla during every Gryffindor game, even against Hufflepuff (low key). However, he was the Keeper and he’d make damn sure that he did his best in defending the goalposts against the Chasers, no matter how badly he wanted to see the brunette catch the snitch. “I have not been practicing,” he admitted, scratching the back of his neck lightly. “I’ve watched many films, though. And I’ve gone swimming and roasted marshmallows in the backyard, and stuff.” As Benjamin explained his summer, he realized how uninteresting it probably sounded. Luckily, Skyla didn’t strike him as someone who cared about partying or going on many adventures. All of the adventures he ever needed could be watched or read about, he figured.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Do I have a s h o t at the b i g part
                                              'Cause I've been up all night l o o k i n g at the big p i c t u r e

Cinnabun Gryffie

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces