Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Quality Quidditch Supplies Open, Hiring, and Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:00 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Iт'š Cøмρłı¢αтeđ
                                                          Looking Rockin at QQS with Milo and Cyd
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I need a new bloody team. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I, I, I, I ωαииα šee чøυ, чøυ, чøυ, чøυ ✯ ✯ ✯xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          Tełłıи' мe т ħ α т т ħ α т т ħ α т ✯ ✯ ✯xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Yøυ g ø т ωħαт I и e e đ ✯ ✯ ✯xxxxxx
                                                          D ø, ρяeттч gıяł, đ ø и ' т š ρ e α κ ✯ ✯ ✯xxx
                                                          ════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJames scowled ever so slightly when Milo said that they'd both graduated together, and played on the house team. He looked back at Cydney, eyeing her for a moment, and then realization dawned. He felt like slapping himself; geez, how had he not realized it before? "Cyclone. Bloody hell! I haven't seen you since... since graduation!" The seeker's lips turned up in a smirk, and he winked at the woman. "If memory serves, I have to say, you've gotten even prettier since then. Not that you weren't, but time has certainly been very, very good to you."

spaceThe musician's explanation that Cydney had been pregnant during the last recruiting season was met with an exasperated sigh. "Oh, fine. S'pose I can't blame you for not bloody tellin' me sooner... I'll point out, though, you could have still told me. Just because she wasn't eligible last year doesn't mean it didn't warrant mentioning." He scowled ever so slightly, and a thought occurred. The Gryffindor leaned back so that he could just barely see Wyatt in the back, and called out, "And oi, you! You knew Milo longer than I did, if I find out you knew about Cyclone, you're in trouble, mate!" James then glanced back at Cydney. "If you're half as good now as you were in school, you've still got them beat. I'll pay for your bloody nanny if I need to," he told her, not joking or exaggerating in the slightest.

spaceHe grinned widely at Milo, shaking his head. "Honestly, I get the feeling that I won't have much trouble finding a second replacement... got some fan mail the past couple of weeks, a few hopefuls among them, talking about what an awful display it was, how they could do better in their sleep and the like. Here's hoping at least one of 'em's actually as good as they think they are." His godson's rather enthusiastic interjection was met with a chuckle, and a nervous glance at Milo, who he swore he could hear silently cursing him. The man would kill him if he so much as let Dris near a bludger. "How 'bout we wait a few more years, kiddo? You barely weigh more than the bats. But, come your school years, you'll be the best player on your team if you want to be, I promise you that." He patted the kid's head gently, hoping to Merlin that he'd placated both the child and the father. Milo was bloody scary when he started getting overprotective.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✯ ✯ ✯ Bαвч, š ħ ø ω м e
                                                          xxxxxx✯ ✯ ✯ Bч тħe ωαч чøυ ħ ø ł đ м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✯ ✯ ✯ Wαч тħαт чøυ ¢ ø и т я ø ł м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✯ ✯ ✯ Sρeeđ мe υρ øя š ł ø ω м e

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:40 pm
User Image
User Image

Tʜᴇʏ sᴀʏ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ.
I'ᴍ ʙᴀᴅ ʙᴇʜᴀᴠɪᴏʀ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴅᴏ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴡᴀʏ.
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ ғʟᴀᴍᴇ. I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅ ᴅᴏɢ ᴏғ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs.
I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ ʜᴀʟғ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜʀɢʟᴀss. I ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴜᴛ I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ.

Cydney grinned when James called her by a name she hadn't heard in forever. "No one's called me that in bloody ever. But yea, graduation's the last time we spoke... well, our last game, really." She noted the man's cheeky smirk, and she rolled her eyes teasingly. "And, believe it or not, it gets better. See, time can be cruel, or it can bless. You and I, we got lucky." She winked, smirking herself. After figuring her words, Milo looked Mildly annoyed. "Time's not been cruel to me, Cydney." He shook his head, then sighed.

At James' odd logic, Milo simply chuckled. "No, dear Jamesey, it wouldn't have been in my favor. Neither you nor Cydney are very good at being patient. She would have been irked that she knew there was a spot on her dream team for her, and all she could do was sit home and be bored. As for you, you would have gotten your arse kicked knowing full well there was someone out there who could have prevented it all. Not in my favor, you see?" When James shouted at Wyatt, Milo rolled his eyes dramatically.

When asked her skill, Cyd lifted an eyebrow. "Oh trust me, mate, I've only gotten better." She winked, then bounced her baby, who was starting to squirm. James offered to pay for a nanny, and she blinked a few times. "No, that's alright. Between me, MiMi, and my boyfriend, we've got more than enough family to watch him. I'll be alright." She nodded confidently, then looked at the baby, before sighing quietly. He was proving to be a handful, but she'd manage.

Dris pouted a bit when he was told he had to wait before he could play. He wanted to play with Jamesey right now! He shook his head, then tried to pick up a bat, though without success. "It's so heavy! Maybe I can just play seeker like you! That's gonna be easy peasy!" He looked at the Snitch display again, still wanting to play with all the little bird things. He looked at his daddy Milo, and he seemed to be trying to avoid giggling, so the boy turned to focus again on James, who was the flying guy in the family.

Sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴘᴀʏ-ᴏғғ ғᴏʀ ʜᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴀɴʏ ғᴀɪᴛʜ ɪs ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ's ᴛᴇsᴛᴇᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴅᴀʏ.
I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀʀɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ. Iᴛ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ sᴜᴛᴜʀᴇs.
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ɪᴍᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟs, ɪᴍᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟs ᴊᴜsᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ғᴏʀ ʟᴏɴɢ, ғᴏʀ ʟᴏɴɢ.
Aɴᴅ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɴᴏᴡ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴘᴜʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋᴏᴜᴛ ᴄᴜʀᴛᴀɪɴs ᴅᴏᴡɴ
Jᴜsᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ғᴏʀ ʟᴏɴɢ, ғᴏʀ ʟᴏɴɢ.

{Out of Character}
Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:42 pm
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <6th Year>
Time: Summer of 2030
Looking: Flawlessly Adorable

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
After what had happened at the train station in Hogsmeade, Cathy wanted to do anything but think about that. She had been fine having been on the train, but her brother had stayed and helped heal people (which was great, since people needed it), and Wendy had gotten mixed up in it along with many of her friends and classmates. She had read the papers and had recognized the names of some of the dead and injured. At least no one she was really close to was dead, thank God for that. Instead, she did what she did best, move forward with a smile and pretend nothing ever bothered her. After all, no one liked moody people. And she was better at being happy and smiling. Also there was good to come. David was getting married. And next year she had more important things to worry about. She already knew she had to retake one of her OWL exams, but also there would be NEWT level classes and prefect duties and then of course quidditch. (Also, now certain meddlesome brothers were graduated, just maybe she could get away with flirting and would finally be able to get a date. Seriously she was like one of the cutest girls in her year and all the other girls were getting dates or flirting, and she still hadn't even had one innocent date. Meanwhile over protective big brother is planning some marriage. Hypocrite.)

She shook her head as she walked into Quality Quidditch Supplies, beginning to scan the shelves, looking for ideas to help her plans for how to conquer next season. Even if their seeker kind of sucked, no offense to Alice, at least Cathy could make sure that Hufflepuff was a team that made the other teams work hard in their games and did an impressive showing. And as long as Iris showed up to try-outs, and didn't do some stupid stunt keeping her in the hospital wing, the Puff chasers would be one of the best. With Cathy leading the chasers, oh how fiercely adorable were the Puff chasers.

As Cathy planned ideas for captaining the team and considering how to jazz up her uniform and wondering if she could convince Iris to sport a cute hair style for games like Cathy did (so they match but stand out from each other), She picked up one of the magazines (Quidditch International), and began flipping through the articles, hoping for more inspiration. She hummed quietly as she thought and read. She was determined to have a good quidditch season even if they lost every game no thanks to being outranked when it came to seekers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:58 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Sɪxᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |6| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ |6| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

More than anything, Dani just wanted to be away from her problems if only for a short bit. After the battle at the train station, Dani stayed around to help out with the injured and the dead as best as she was able; she couldn't depart for home in good conscience leaving Ashley and David there to tend to the wounded, not without doing her part too.

Finding out Julius was killed by a Death-Eater while protecting one of his brothers came as a shock, though in a way it was kinda expected. She'd never known him not to give his all in anything he did.

She stayed to help out and answer whatever questions the Aurors had, and didn't realize how late she was until she saw Grandpa Quinn standing in a doorway. While she was otherwise busy, he'd driven up from London to find out whether she was even alive or not. Rather than being mad, he greeted her with a tight hug and a kiss on her forehead, grateful his grandchild managed to survive no worse for wear, at least physically.

'Quinn', she thought, there was another thing she had to grow accustomed to. No longer was she simply Danica Stewart, no, now she was Danica Stewart Quinn. Originally she wanted to simply drop Stewart altogether, after her parents disowned her last summer, but her grandparents insisted if she really wanted to make a change to merely append the Quinn on the end, as she was told she owed her parents at least that much respect even if it wasn't deserved.

She also had to adjust to not being part of a couple anymore. As much as she wished otherwise, things just didn't work out for them, and while they could remain friends it would go no further than that. It was fun while it lasted, and it lasted a couple years...'but all things come to an end,' thought Dani sadly. 'I suppose now I need a date for Leo's wedding, assuming I bother to go looking for one.'

Dani decided to go to Diagon Alley to do a little shopping, and get away from the house for a while. Dressed in a pair of snug-fitting jeans, a cute camisole top and a fitted black leather jacket, and a pair of ankle boots, she was dressed far more cute than she would have preferred, but then appearances needed to be maintained. She decided to let her hair flow loose over her shoulders and down to nearly the middle of her back, as a change of look, as opposed to her usual braid.

As she walked toward the Quidditch shop, she spotted Cathy going in. 'I really could use a dose of her cheer right about now,' Dani thought. "Hi, Cathy," she said, as she approached her friend.

mc2

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:47 am
User Image

◥ ♒ ✖ ♒ Eugene "Jean" Windsor ♒ ✖ ♒ ◤

Ravenclaw Sixth Year Half-Blood Single

You are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down
                                          Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground
                                          We are the jack-o-lanterns in July, setting fire to the sky
                                          Here it comes this rising tide, so come on [Put on your war paint]

Cross walks and crossed hearts and hope-to-dies
                                          Silver clouds with grey linings

-- So we can take the world back from the heart-attacked --
                                          -- One maniac at a time we will take it back --

It took time to convince his parents that's he will be perfectly fine before he was given permission to go to the Alley by himself. Especially his mother, because she got really mad like a bloody volcano after she saw that something was off with Jean's shoulder [yes, a scar] when he and his dad arrived last week and they had to explain about what happened in Hogsmeade, which made it much worse. It took a day before her anger subside. He should see that coming, it's understandable why his mum got mad and his dad saw that coming, well he could say he's being a complete idiot in there he's sure of it. And his dad was right, his mother was going to kill Jean for getting injured, but, on the faded bright side at least he did not die, right? Well, yeah sure okay, but he still did not forget that feeling when something sharp hit you like an invisible sword and it kind of dig deep to your skin. The thought of that made him shudder on the inside, he admit it was much worse than being bitten by a domestic dog.

He also read the Daily Prophet and recognized some wounded students on the list [his name was also included there, which gave him a weird feeling because he's not a fan of attention], and he could have sworn he saw a student name with a "Lovette" written on it. Someone related to the former Quidditch Captains Gypsy and Echo Lovette? Well, he did hear his name on the first day of school, but never paid attention to what the kid looked like. He supposed Eli knew who that kid was considering his best friend was a prefect and led the kids upstairs to the tower. Yeah, he'll ask Eli about that. Yeah, he'll do that.

He removed his black military cap before he entered the Quidditch Shop, just to browse some stuffs he needed. He was thinking of changing his position since he spent seventy-five of his school life being a reserved player, which was understandable because Timothy [who happened to be a keeper and a possible Quidditch captain] -- who was much more skillful than he was. Though, he was getting second thoughts about applying for Beater because he felt like if he hit someone with a Beater it was going to be so personal and he might get hated for that. Chaser and Seeker took so much responsibility so what's left? He'll figure it out and consult his dad about that, or two of his Quidditch-playing batchmates. Maybe.

He spotted two familiar classmates of his, the classic duo including Dani and Cathy, probably hanging out and shopping together. He was really glad that they're all okay and alive. He was honestly in awe that Dani was really brave to stay to help out injured people in burning Hogsmeade and wished he also had that type of confidence, though that was something he should work hard for. He was also glad that Cathy was unharmed, too, considering how she's not in the "Injured List" in the Daily Prophet-- which possibly meant that she's on a train when the maniacs happened. Did Cathy knew that he's still okay, though? Like, no knockdown comas [if that's a term he can use] or something bad? Oh gosh he hoped Dani already informed her that's he's okay, because he did not want to get a smack on the face by Cathy League. No matter how kind Cathy was, her brother was still David and Jean always thought that siblings usually have at least one shared trait.

He sighed and approached the two anyway, bracing himself and waved shyly like he usually did to, like, everybody he knew [unless it's Eli], "Hey Cathy and Dani" He greeted, giving a small smile.

-- You know time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start --
                                          -- So dance alone to the beat of your heart --

Hey young blood, doesn't it feel like our time is running out?
                                          I'm gonna change you like a remix, then I'll raise you like a phoenix
                                          "Wearing our vintage misery", No, I think it looked a little better on me

User Image

Thinking: "I'll just distract myself... I guess"
        With: Cathy League, Danica Stewart
        Attire: Looking cool

mc2
Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:01 pm
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <6th Year>

Cathy looked up from her magazine when she heard a familiar voice. She smiled and said, "Dani! Imagine seeing you here? You alright?" She asked bombarding her with a couple questions before frowning at the question of whether she was alright. After the whole thing with Hogsmeade and... she shook her head not thinking about it and decided not to bring up their house rivalry at the moment considering that Julius Xanders, their seeker was... he was dead according to the papers. Cathy had wondered if she should owl Laena and see how she is doing but sometimes space was best. What could she say? She didn't know him well, and the guy tended to be fairly quiet around people he wasn't really close to, so...

"Anyways, what brings you in here today? New supplies?" Cathy said, before pausing, "Oh, have you picked out a dress for the wedding? For me the best part about not being a bridesmaid is I get to pick out whatever dress I want... no offense to Leo, and I totally won't tell her or David, but I'll probably look better than the bride. I'll make sure not to wear white to confuse anyone," She added joking. "Though, I'm sure with the right dress you can give me a run for my money."

She smiled as she chattered away, purposely avoiding too much on quidditch as it would bring up the whole Hogsmeade incident and while Cathy had been on the train calming people and safe, others weren't. Even her brother was in that chaos busy playing Florence Nightingale or something. He saved and helped a lot of people but still! Her attention about dresses and Hogsmeade turned when she spotted a certain redhead who seemed to reluctantly wave over at them and greet them with a small smile. Cathy's eyes widened and she said seeming to forget all about Dani for the moment, "You! Jean! Why Mr. Eugene Windsor! Why I ought to..." She began and then half tackled him in a hug and then quickly letting go and circling him and said, "Where'd you get hurt? Why didn't you text me? Or owl me? Or call me? Or something?! And then you show up in London and don't even bother looking me up right away? Do you know how worried I was? You don't even bother with so much as a smoke signal! Ooh... you so better have been planning by five today to have caught a cab or the tube over to Belgravia and stop at my place because..."

She shook her head and paused taking a deep breath realizing how much she had said already, turned pink for a moment and then said, "I... just with my brother having stayed and he said he didn't see you when he was busy helping heal people and... I just was worried... I mean you're... I..." She waved a hand and said, "The important thing is you are okay, right? You are okay, right? Nothing lasting or anything? But seriously why didn't you think to let me know how you were doing right away?"

Jade Galaksylph

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:55 pm
User Image
User Image

Liam followed his parents into the store where he'd acquire his first broomstick. While he wan't allowed to bring a broomstick to school his first year, it was a tradition for the purchase to be made before starting school, although it wouldn't actually be given to him until the eve of his second year at Hogwarts. This was simply another way for his parents to show off. Just as they did when his brother Dawson was his age, they would display the broomstick at this year's end-of-summer ball, their biggest party of the year. They would brag to all their friends...and not-so-friends, and suggest that their son was privileged above others his age, although Liam didn't feel anything of the sort.

He smiled down at Urchin, who held the heavy-looking door open for them. The house elf was already burdened with a small trolley full of delicately wrapped purchases, from cauldrons and ingredients to books and quills. The two had made an agreement prior to leaving home—Liam would let Urchin carry his school supplies to satisfy his parents' needs, but only if he could repay him later with a favor of his own.

From the moment he crossed the threshold, Liam was in awe. The shop was neatly stocked with a wide collection of brooms and various other quidditch supplies and related reading material. While the other shops they had visited today seemed to be more magical than when he had been there in the past, the reality of his impending escape to Hogwarts hadn't felt more real than in this very moment.

His first broomstick. Although he knew he would have little to no say in the matter, the young wizard immediately clung to the wall of brooms. He didn't reach out and touch a single item in the store, but instead let his eyes graze everything, reeling in a plethora of information faster than his mind could process. Woods of every kind and color, some intricately painted and engraved with brand names, others simply polished and shined to bring out their natural beauty. The bristles of the brooms varied widely in texture, length, and color, and each combination of features made for dozens of completely unique broomsticks, undoubtedly to come with a completely unique set of experiences.

As he passed a collection of books and magazines, there were very few Liam didn't recognize—his parent's owned nearly all of them, and he himself and read each one from cover to cover. For that very reason, he knew exactly which broom would be his pick, not merely based on appearance or speed or function, but a combination of the three, in addition to the stories he'd heard surrounding famous quidditch players and their choice broomsticks. Unfortunately, what he wanted was completely irrelevant to today's trip.

"Honey. Take a look at this Twigger collection. They're certainly the most well-priced." Liam struggled to suppress a snort. Well-priced? Funny how the more expensive something was, the better it appeared in their eyes. He glanced at his father, who seemed unfazed by his mother's comment.

"I understand that, Emmaline darling, but the Cleansweeps are highly reputed broomsticks. They've even managed to surpass the Nimbus series in recent years." Liam was mildly shocked by his luck. What are the chances that his father would happen to choose the very brand he was hoping for? Today was turning out to be better than he had hoped.

"Mmm... Yes, I think I recall reading about all that hype in the Daily Prophet last spring..." His mother ran her freshly manicured nails down the necks of several broomsticks, as if their polish job had any real effect on function. "Indeed, love. They're rumored to be more agile than the Nimbus 2010 was when Dawson came of age." How ignorant of his parents to think that a wizard's skill had so little to do with performance compared to the make and model of a his broomstick. However, that thought was quickly smothered by the idea that he might eventually own something better than his parents' precious first born. This actually sent a jolt of excitement down Liam's spine—not because he would surpass his brother in any aspect of reputation, but because it almost made him feel like his equal for once, as opposed to his constant inferior, as his parents would prefer.

Without warning, Addison Cade turned toward his son, and with a complete lack of expression on his face, he poised a demand Liam never thought he'd hear.
"Choose."

"Yes, sir." His response was automated, like the silly voice machines muggles sometimes used to record messages to one another in communication. Before he could analyze what had just happened, his body lurched forward and approached the wall of Cleansweep broomsticks. Without hesitation, he moved directly to the broom of his dreams and stood in front of it, but not because it was the one he wanted... No, he chose this broom because it was the most expensive out of the collection. After all, it was a test. His father wasn't actually allowing him a moment of freedom, but ensuring that his son had been taking notes in regards to how to properly play the game of societal chess. While Liam would much rather be a rook, free to move about society as he pleased, his father required that he act like a king—completely inhibited by his surroundings and limited to one small, but notable move. Power over freedom. Nevertheless, he knew he was neither. Not a rook, nor a king. He was simply a pawn in his father's hand, carrying out another man's wishes rather than his own. Fortunately for him, that hand would no longer be able to control him—not directly, at least—once he left for Hogwarts.

Without acknowledging his son's choice, Addison pivoted on one heel to face the shop owner, who he flagged down with a quick, but assertive wave of his hand.
"I'll take a Firebolt." It was a statement, not a request, and completely void of any politeness. He summoned the house elf without even looking at him, his tall, lean figure already heading for the door. "Urchin, see that this man gets his money, and that my purchase is carefully wrapped. I don't want any of the mudbloods out there getting any ridiculous ideas." Addison retracted to the front of the shop with his wife by his side, out of earshot where he could conveniently judge every passerby outside the window as he waited impatiently for his servant to finish up with the purchase.

Used to his father's heartless behavior, Liam completely ignored it, secretly thrilled that he would eventually be flying a Firebolt. He knew he'd have to see it displayed in his parents' estate for the next year, but to him that was a solid guarantee that this time next year it'd be going with him to school—far better than nothing, in his book. In silence, he walked alongside Urchin—who was fumbling with a large coin purse—to where the shop owner stood, automatically drawn to the need to apologize, although his mind was clearly elsewhere.
"Please excuse my father's rudeness. He's...in a hurry." For once, the boy didn't have to force a smile, the excitement boiling inside him no longer necessary to contain. He inhaled his surroundings like a drug, knowing this would likely be their last stop before returning home. It was incredible how rarely Liam actually felt like a true wizard, given his family's strict rules, but the reality of his own future was strikingly evident in every glimpse of light and every dim shadow that painted the walls around him.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:06 pm
User Image
                                                      User Image

════════════════════════

Sɪxᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ |6| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ |6| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Cathy had the ability to lighten her mood with just a smile and cheerful greeting, which was what Dani needed right then. "Well enough, I suppose," she responded to her friend's greeting. "I'm glad to see you got away from things all right, although I imagine it was probably scary on the train too."

"I came in to check out the new broomsticks, and pick up a few supplies," Dani confirmed. "I've actually been helping Leo pick out gowns and dresses for the wedding; good thing too. With Grace in the hospital and all, I just about had to drag Leo off to get things done. Leo's going to look absolutely stunning in her gown; it'll take David's breath away when he finally sees her in it. Tanya's going to look nice too, and I found something for myself which will blend in well with the rest of the wedding party."

Dani chuckled along Cathy at her little jibe, and replied modesty, "I don't think you have to worry about competition from in that. If it weren't for you, Tanya and Veronica, I'd probably still be wearing jeans and Tee shirts half the time."

Talking about silly stuff like clothes helped Dani's mental health a bit, she needed a shot of 'normal' after the crazy way the school year ended. Her dreams were haunted by flashes from the fighting with the fanatics, and images of those she helped out after the Aurors showed up to calm things down. While she didn't regret helping out in the confrontation, or helping out with whatever healing skills she'd developed in Professor Dechering's classes, she knew it had cost her something deep down inside, some precious piece of herself she knew she could never get back.

Before she could dwell upon matters any further, she spotted Eugene, right about the same time Cathy did. Dani looked on rather bemusedly as Cathy tackled him, and launched into a deluge of questions and concerns. 'Sounds like the way I was when I saw Eli on the train,' she thought, and a fresh stab of pain struck her in the heart.

"There were quite a few people whom needed help, Cathy," Dani pointed out in a quiet tone. When an opening presented itself, Dani smiled and said, "Hi, Jean, nice seeing you again."

mc2

Jade Galaksylph

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:20 am
User Image

◥ ♒ ✖ ♒ Eugene "Jean" Windsor ♒ ✖ ♒ ◤

Ravenclaw Sixth Year Half-Blood Single

You are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down
                                          Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground
                                          We are the jack-o-lanterns in July, setting fire to the sky
                                          Here it comes this rising tide, so come on [Put on your war paint]

Cross walks and crossed hearts and hope-to-dies
                                          Silver clouds with grey linings

-✖- So we can take the world back from the heart-attacked -✖-
                                          -✖- One maniac at a time, we will take it back -✖-

Jean's stopped in surprise when Cathy began to speak, he held up his hands and said nervously, "I-I can explai--- oh!" He was unable to finish his sentence when she tackled him with a hug, much of Jean's surprised. He felt like his nerves shut down temporarily when she hugged him, because getting a hug from someone you like [and in general] was really unexpected. Clearly, Dani did not inform her about this but then, it was Jean's fault anyway why Cathy was initially not happy when he showed up that suddenly just like how his mum was that week. He deserved it.

He was still quite stunned when Cathy let him go and began shooting him questions and concerns, obviously she was not happy. Duh, of course sh'es not happy. Eli wouldn't be happy about it, either. When he was asked about where'd he get hurt, he nervously adjusted the collar of his blue plaid shirt as if he was trying to hide something on his shoulder while making it look like he was just making it neat. "Oh, uhm..." He finally spoke up, sounding embarrassed, "Sorry 'bout that... You know, making you all worry and all" He scratched the back of his head, "And yeah, important thing is that I'm still alive, right? But, sorry about that. I have no excuse for that so..." He sighed, he felt like a jerk for making people close to him panic or worry. Dad almost freaked out when a maniac hit Jean with some sort of slashing charm in which he figured out to be 'Sectumsempra', really painful. And now, he felt like Elijah, somewhere from the distance, was internally wondering about what happened to his bestfriend. And here he was, he also made Cathy worry so much for him.

He turned to Dani, who replied back with a greeting, and gave her a friendly smile, "Oi Dani, what's up? Good to see you again here,"

"You so better have been planning by five today to have caught a cab or the tube over to Belgravia and stop at my place"

He blinked at what Cathy just said right there, 'You're telling me... To go to your place? Why?' He thought, and was afraid of the fact of what would Cathy's family react to his presence, especially David. He'll have to ask permission to his parents fist, because otherwise he will have a feeling that they were losing their schists when he was just casually just in a classmate's place. "Uhm, Five? Today? At Belgravia? He asked, sounding confused, "Uhm, well, I want to but... I'll inform my parents about that, 'specially my mum, but yeah I'll try" He shrugged in the end, looking quite flustered about some mild invitation.

-✖- You know, time crawls on when you're waiting for the song to start -✖-
                                          -✖- So dance alone to the beat of your heart -✖-

Hey young blood, doesn't it feel like our time is running out?
                                          "You're wearing our vintage misery" No, I think it looked a little better on me

User Image

Thinking: "I'll just distract myself... I guess"
        With: Cathy League, Danica Stewart
        Attire: Looking cool

mc2
Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:41 am
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <6th Year>

Cathy frowned slightly when Dani mentioned Grace being in the hospital, though she seemed to recover fine, or would be by the time of the wedding. It sort of annoyed Cathy ever so slightly that Leo didn't think to consult her own future sister-in-law about wedding dresses, but maybe Leo thought Cathy would blab about it to David, which she might have. Maybe Leo was going to extend it to the groom and the entire groom's family shouldn't see her dress to keep from having bad luck. Marrying to David, Cathy was pretty sure Leo needed as much luck as she could get. She chuckled though when Dani went along with the jibe and pointed out her choice in fashion and who to credit it to. "And thank God you have me among that mix, because if it was only for those two you'd only wear skirts short enough to get you labeled as 'slag' with one look without even getting to know you. No offense to those two, but seriously, not to be a prude, but a hem line an inch or two longer on those two wouldn't hurt."

She shook her head and the entire pace of the conversation changed once Jean came in and Cathy had essentially attacked him. After she had stopped to catch her breath and wait for a response, Eugene started sounding terribly embarrassed which made her feel a little bad about digging into him, even if she was right, but she became suspicious when he started adjusting the collar of his shirt. When Jean seemed confused about the mention of her place and spoke about informing his parents, Cathy shook her head, "I mean you don't have to now, goose, because I'm looking at you right now, but seriously, it is only right when you go to London for you to look me up."

She smiled, "Of course if you want to visit, I mean it should be fine. David when he lived there invited Leo and her sisters over so they could stay in town and be close to the British Museum and such... hotels in the area are a bit pricey, but we all know he had some ulterior agenda. I mean he did end up hooking up with her after that. It would probably be more fun to hang out not at my place... I... I mean if you want," She paused looking away and taking a sudden interest in organizing the magazines in the magazine rack. The slightest bit of question hit her voice at the end, unusual to her, as she usually was the embodiment of confidence in herself, and she knew she had good reason to be confident in herself but when it came to Jean... well she just didn't get it. She thought he sort of liked her, but even with David threatening him, if he really liked her wouldn't he have said something ages ago? It wasn't like she didn't have other guys she could date easy enough. She was pretty sure if she had mentioned something like 'date' to Theo he'd have agreed to go with her. And if Theo would it wasn't like there was others. And oh there were others who were far better catches than Theo, that Cathy was sure she could hook up with if she wanted. Cathy could only assume Jean only liked her as a friend because wouldn't he have cared about that? Though she didn't think she had mentioned being tutored by Theo to Jean. But did it matter? Probably not. He didn't like her like that, Cathy assumed, otherwise they wouldn't have just been friends only still. After all Eli and Danica went through dating for a bit, so if Jean liked her it was natural for him to ask Cathy out, right? Well it didn't happen, so he didn't like her more as a friend, Cathy had always concluded.

Jade Galaksylph

Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 pm
User Image

User Image

Third Year │ Slytherin │ Chaser

Devonte's cheeks started to redden as well when he noticed what he had done. How had he been so stupid to admit that he had thought about her when he was in the hospital?! Granted, he hadn't told her what exactly it was he was thinking about.. Not that it was anything like what Rhett wouldn't shut up about. It was at times like these that he was really glad that he didn't have a little brother--well, if you didn't count Kai, but he was his cousin and haven't even heard the kid speak, let alone annoy the hell out of him.

Honestly, he didn't pay much attention to what Lola tended to say, seeing as it was ultimately boring 95% of the time and he just didn't care. "Hm, let's see. Everything? What is there to not make fun of you about? The amount of times you say sorry, your tendency to go along with whatever anyone else says, this encounter in question--though you refuse to admit it--, your obsession with gardening, I could come up with multitudes more. And I think it's more like you'd be a shite chaser compared to me. I think I could handle sitting around and batting bludgers at people." Honestly, he was a bit surprised to see Lola on the field at all during the Slytherin v Ravenclaw game the previous year, but he supposed being a beater was one of the laziest positions.

Devonte held back a laugh when she commented on his enjoyment of the title, but his smirk definitely gave it away. "What if I do find it pleasant? It only makes sense. And you don't like to be ordered around? Could've fooled me. Although I assure you that if you just walked away I wouldn't have forced you to be bought a new broom." As she walked towards the store, he followed beside her, resting his hands casually into his pockets. Soon enough, though, he felt a warm, soft and indeed very pleasant sensation on his cheek coming from Lola's direction which, after a quick bout of thinking, he surmised to learn that they were her lips. She.. Kissed him? His cheeks turned a bright red, and he was speechless for a moment. He was torn between wanting to take back his offer, shun her and just walk away, but there was a stronger part of him that compelled him to stay. He wouldn't let himself get flustered. "I-is that why you talk to me more than Layton?" He smacked himself internally as he stuttered, trying to play it off with a slight cough.

It then got even worse as she started apologizing, bringing a hand up to try and silence her for the moment. "I know you like me, but I didn't think you'd immediately go for a kiss," he joked. He supposed a bit of sarcasm would at least help clear up the awkwardness. He quickly pushed the door to the shop open, looking around.

mc2

OOC: (Perfectly fine with me. Devon's being a bit awkward himself.)

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:26 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
xxxxxxxxx <3rd Year>
Looking: Pretty Clever
                                                      Lola rolled her eyes when Devonte said that there was everything to make fun of and though it sort of stung for him to call her out on saying sorry so much and tendency to go along with what people said-because it was true as she had the impulse to do so more so than the logic not to-he went on to throw in the long criticism of her interest in plants. So almost everything she had picked up from her mother, granted she didn't honestly think he minded some of those traits. Or not as much as he played off. Part of the reason he was friends with her was out of desperation and loneliness, Lola felt, and she knew he probably wouldn't ever admit to calling her a friend, despite he acted very much the part and was, but another part was he didn't honestly dislike her. He couldn't, right? When he mentioned the comparison about playing quidditch, Lola shrugged, "I don't know, you seem more like the type then me to want to lob bludgers at people, you might not be bad. Release all that pent up dislike for people that you didn't get out by criticizing everything that so much as has a pulse."

As the conversation went on, she raised a brow at his smirk when she said he enjoyed the title of 'your Highness'. She focused on his insult afterwards about her not liking being ordered around instead of focusing on how she found his smirk when it was in amusement far more charming than when he was trying to use it cruelly, and so she answered, "Just because I go along with things, usually, doesn't mean I like to be ordered around... besides..." she looked away, "...you told me not to protest" she paused and looked back to him raising a brow, "wouldn't me just walking off have been protesting? Well, I guess you technically said don't say 'no' but close enough."

As she had walked towards the shop and then had turned and impulsively thanked him she stood almost frozen as he asked if her considering him a better friend than some Hufflepuffs was the reason she talked more to him than Layton. She noted the slight stutter and wanted to smack herself for being so awkward to have thought in the slightest that was normal behavior. It wasn't. Or not for a girl with a guy. Especially not a girl with a guy who she just might find cute... she blushed at that but focused on his question and answered truthfully, "You seem to need the company more..." She paused, reddening and added, "I... I also prefer you... I mean your company. Nothing wrong with Layton, I mean, I just..." She stopped talking and then added in regards to his comment about liking him, added, "I... It was a kiss on the cheek! It is perfectly normal for Mum and the n- I mean in her culture, saying thank-you with a peck on the cheek... like the French or something!"

She was so flustered she had almost said what her mother was, which would have went off horribly no doubt. He was a bit of a purist and did occasionally hang out with the likes of Hamilton. It was one thing to tolerate a half-blood, half-breed had a whole different connotation. Even non-blood-purists weren't always the most fond of people like her. She bit her lip and quickly followed into the shop after Devonte as he opened the door and entered, not entirely sure how to break the awkwardness, and almost wishing her brother would cause some kind of trouble to distract her instead of looking around at the brooms, not touching things in awe, apparently ignoring or ignorant of the whole weirdness at the moment. Or maybe he didn't want his ear twisted again or his sister to actually tell their Dad how annoying he had been.

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:43 pm
User Image

User Image

Devonte decided to just ignore her statements on bludgers and beaters, knowing that he had better ways to release pent up aggression that childishly throwing balls at people. Going against his previous thoughts, he ended up saying something anyway. "If I'm more the type, I'd think it would be me who was the beater, and not you. Alas, that's not the case." She just never knew when to admit defeat.

No matter what she said, the blonde boy refused to believe that she didn't enjoy going along with what others said. Why else would she do it? It wasn't like saying "no" was forbidden in her world--though he supposed it was possible that it could be. "Walking off would be refusing. Refusing and protesting are two different things. I'm right, you're wrong," he said in a final way.

His smugness turned to a slight tinge of anger as she commented on how he needed the company more. Why did she always say that?! Just because he chose to align himself with certain people didn't mean he was dying for company, and friends, and whatever else. He managed to keep his anger under control, and instead decided to forcefully push the same smugness he had only moments before back to the surface. "You know what, I get it. You use this whole 'Devonte's lonely and needs friends' just to get closer to me. And that kiss was just further proof of it, even if it was only on the cheek. Soon enough I'd bet you'd be itching for a full one on the lips!"

He said those last words with a bit of pink on his cheeks, along with a bit more anger than he had intended to show. He may as well have been completely off mark when it came to her reasons for being around him, but he honestly didn't care. If it got her angry, or flustered, or even any negative emotion then his job would be complete. Her words about him being lonely and in need of friends had gotten on his last nerves, and he wasn't about to hold back even if her brother was around. It wasn't like he was about to hit her or something. He may have made her angry, but not to the point of physical violence.

mc2

OOC:

━━━━━━

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:28 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
xxxxxxxxx <3rd Year>
Looking: Pretty Clever
                                                      Lola decided to say nothing as he argued the point about quidditch positions. Besides was he supposedly saying she was the type to play beater and he not? That she had some pent up dislike towards others she needed to release. Or was he just arguing for the sake of arguing? At this point she felt like it was the former, not that she wasn't a bit guilty of the same thing, but no matter what she may feel about the Slytherin, she knew one thing she wasn't going to let him or anyone else think they could walk right over her. Besides, he already assumed she delighted in being bossed around because she tended to go along with suggestions and such. Lola raised a brow when he argued the technicalities of refusing and protesting and Lola crossed her arms and raised a brow and said, "Would you rather I walk off, Devon?"

Rhett spun around quickly at the phrase and whined, "But the broom... Devon said he was getting you a broom... you said you'd teach me to fly if you got a broom..."

Lola shot a quick glare at her brother and then looked back to Devon who snapped at her about stating he was lonely and needed friends and claimed it was proof she just wanted to get closer to him. "I..." She turned bright red for a moment and then said, taking a step forward and tossing her hair over her shoulder, forcing herself to have a confidence she wouldn't have to say what she would, especially as she was so red faced herself, if it wasn't for the fact she was so annoyed, "You'll be begging for kisses far sooner than I would bother to kiss you of all people."

She took a step back, and folded her arms, raising a brow in challenge at Devonte, despite still blushing at the boldness of her deceleration in annoyance. Meanwhile her brother whined obviously worried about whatever argument his sister and her crush (because she totally liked him in Rhett's book) would mean that Devonate would take back the offer to buy her a new broom out of annoyance at Lola, "the broom... Lollie... what about the broom?"

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:28 pm
User Image

User Image

Devonte, again, simply ignored her comments about quidditch positions. He was tired of talking about it, and even more tired of hearing about it. Though he supposed Lola didn't exactly have anything else interesting to talk about. She wasn't exactly the type he'd do a research project on. He shrugged his shoulders slightly, not really caring either way whether or not she walked off. At least on the exterior. "That would affect you more than me. You'd walk off without my company and without a new broom. You're a Ravenclaw, you're supposed to be smart, right?"

Devonte felt his lips curving into a smile as he heard Rhett's words. Well, he was enthusiastic, that was sure. He quickly corrected his smile and turned back to a neutral expression. He didn't want to be grinning like an idiot because of one kid's interests. "Don't worry, you won't lose your oh so valuable practice because of your sister."

After he snapped, he was almost positive that he had won their argument, and he'd get at least some sense of satisfaction. And he did, for a moment, at her hesitation, though quickly his cheeks turned almost as red as hers. "N-not true! I wouldn't want your dirty lips on mine anyways, who knows in what gardens they've been." He hadn't expected her to actually show some courage back towards him, and if it wasn't for the fact she was being hostile towards him, he would've been impressed, maybe even proud.

mc2

OOC:

━━━━━━

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 18 19 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items