Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Quality Quidditch Supplies Open, Hiring, and Summer Sales! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Owned by Wyatt Abrams, Quality Quidditch Supplies is a shop designated to the selling of quality brooms and equipment related to Quidditch.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Books:
Quidditch Rule Book - 17 Sickles
Quidditch Through the Ages - 1 Galleon 15 Sickles

Magazines: (5 Sickles each)
Which Broomstick?
Quidditch International
Quidditch World
Bludgers and Broomsticks
Snitch: The Magazine

Broomsticks:
Training Brooms (only for the use of witches and wizards 5 and up) - 5 Galleons

Bluebottle Family Broomstick (can seat up to three wizards comfortably) - 12 Galleons

Cleansweep Series Broomsticks:
One~ 10 Galleons
Two~ 11 Galleons
Three~ 12 Galleons
Four~ 13 Galleons
Five~ 14 Galleons
Six~ 15 Galleons
Seven~ 16 Galleons
Eleven~ 22 Galleons

Comet 260 - 25 Galleons

Comet 290 - 30 Galleons

Firebolt - 50 Galleons

SkyRunner 100 - 35 Galleons

Nimbus Series:
2000~ 24 Galleons
2001~ 26 Galleons
2010~ 32 Galleons

Twigger Series:
90~ 40 Galleons
99~ 60 Galleons
101~ 75 Galleons

**Specialty Broomsticks (for collecting use only)
Moontrimmer - 80 Galleons
Oakshaft 79 - 125 Galleons
Silver Arrow - 140 Galleons
Tinderblast - 115 Galleons
Comet 140 - 105 Galleons
Comet 189 - 110 Galleons

Supplies:
Broomstick Service Kit - 6 Galleons 7 Sickles
Keeper Gloves - 1 Galleon 10 Sickles
Quidditch Goggles (without charms) - 1 Galleon 5 Sickles
Quidditch Goggles (with charms) - 2 Galleons
Practice Robes - 9 Galleons 15 Sickles
Complete Padding - 5 Galleons 9 Sickles
Arm Pads - 2 Galleons
Knee Pads - 2 Galleons
Shin Guards - 1 Galleon 9 Sickles
Wrist Guards - 1 Galleon 4 Sickles
Beater's Bat - 5 Galleons 17 Sickles

Balls:
Quaffle - 6 Galleons 16 Sickles
Bludger (training) - 7 Galleons 14 Sickles
**Bludger (official, not sold for commercial use) - 10 Galleons 8 Sickles
Golden Snitch (training) - 12 Galleons 12 Sickles
**Golden Snitch (official, not sold for commercial use) 15 Galleons 15 Sickles
Full Set (training use) - 24 Galleons 13 Sickles
**Full Set (official use only) - 30 Galleons 2 Sickles

**Permission required to purchase these items

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:03 pm
Currently:

Wanted:
Cashier
Service Clerks
Name: (full name)
Why do you want to work here?:
Resume: (please attach)

Please Inquire Within

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summer Sales Event!

All brooms bar collector items are 20% off
Broom kit and other broom services~ 30%
Quidditch Supplies 30%
Buy one pair of gloves and get equal or lesser value of goggles 50% off

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood

Wyatt looked around his store with barely concealed wonder and excitement. Even though he literally had only weeks before summer break to make this shop habitable, he had worked himself to the bone each time. Kalin had nearly had several heart attacks seeing his older brother come home most days with his bad knee swelled nearly three times past normal. But it was all worth it for the final result, even though he did feel bad for lying to him. He'd make it up to him tonight at that new fancy restaurant so he wouldn't have to cook tonight, he was sure they'd have something the kid would like. Feeling a tad restless waiting for his brother but nodding and smiling congenially to any customers that walked through the now open doors he began making a mental checklist of all things needed done. Door open, duh, floor swept, check, lights appropriate, check, magazine rack, check, books, check, brooms...check? Wyatt went over to the Comet section and saw that one of the brooms had been misplaced and sighed rolling his eyes. Five minutes and people were already moving his wares, maybe he could charm against that. Thinking over it he took the broom hanging there and decided to place it in the rather empty display case. As he walked over to the window he and began suspending the broom to make it look as if in flight he had a random moment of peace that he hadn't felt in a long time. Then he felt a not-so-random twinge in his knee that brought him back down, though not directly to Earth, more to the solar system, that's how ecstatic he was for his new business. Everything was up from here!

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:39 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Dhyl walked into the Quidditch shop, a bit tired after a day full of shopping... and babysitting. Todd was adamant they visit each and every shop though, so the elder Nolynn played along. As it stood, Todd was asleep against his brother's shoulder, tuckered out by all their excitement. The teen walked around, looking at the wares in stock. He was wanting to find a few things in particular for the upcoming Quidditch season, as he would be Captain of his team. Maybe he'd pick up a few ideas here? Todd let out a tiny snuff of air, his arm draped over his brother's shoulder, the other hand holding tight to the chain of the locket Dhyl wore around his neck. The older brother gently pet his brother's back, glancing at a few brooms.

{OoC: #FFDA00}

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:47 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt looked over at the door from his position in the window to see and greet his newest customer. Looking he saw a teen with a sleeping toddler in his arms browsing the broom and unwittingly allowed a soft grin to mark its place on his face. He couldn't help it, he had a soft spot for kids, a weakness he had yet to grow out of. Secure that the broom was properly suspended he walked over to the pair and offered a smile. "Welcome to Quality Quidditch Supplies, I'm Wyatt, how can I help you today?" he asked speaking softly as to not wake the sleeping child. He knew from experience what waking a perfectly quiet and sleeping toddler could do, to both the child and it's parents. He made sure not to lean too casually against his rack of brooms least he disturb their placement.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:01 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Dhyl looked over toward the voice, thankful it was more toward his left side. "Ello, Wyatt. I'm Dhylan, and this is my brother, Todd. We're here mostly because he said so, but also because I'm in a bit of a predicament. I've been made Captain of my team, and I've no idea what to do." He carefully separated Todd's hand from his necklace, a red mark in the opposite side his neck. He adjusted the boy, then fished around in his satchel for a bit. "Do you perhaps have any ideas?" He pulled out a rather snuggly looking blanket, exactly Todd-sized. Carefully, he moved the toddler about, wrapping him in the blanket and letting him snooze. The two black and silver hoops in his right ear shining a bit as he turned his head to face Wyatt once more.

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:15 am

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt nodded at the introductions, unsuccessfully hid his lightly chuckle as he was told why they were there in the first place, and thought over the apparent predicament. He understood the teen's worry he had been made Captain still young and had many on the team either older or more experienced who didn't want to listen to some green kid. He had opened his mouth to give suggestions when his attention was stolen by Dhylan's swift movements of wrapping his little brother in his blanket and rearranging him back comfortably against his shoulder. It had happened so quick and seamlessly he could only assume he did this almost daily and it warmed his heart to see. While he was at school he did see a lot of Kalin's baby moments, having to rely on pictures or stories to find out what he had missed, and looking at the attentive teen in front of him made him feel a short bout of longing. Shaking his morose thoughts away Wyatt nodded at the question. "Just a few; first off you want to ensure that the rest of the team knows who you are and respects your position. They don't necessarily have to like you at first but they do have to respect that you're their Captain. Most assume that with the title comes popularity but just like that title it's earned not rewarded." Admittedly it was a slight pet peeve of his when people just assumed that when named Captain or Leader or some bull as such that others had to kiss the ground they walked on. He had gotten into a couple altercations with boys in his form and above because of it. "A good and easy way of earning both respect and a bit of popularity would be to have a training exercise either at try outs or your first practice. After everyone's warmed up in their own positions have them switch positions with something radically different: keeper to beater, beater to seeker, seeker to keeper, etc. But's just a yank's idea, who knows if you'll actually take it." Wyatt grinned poking fun at his own origin looking over at Dhyl.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:32 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Dhyl nodded lightly at the ideas, then cracked a slight grin. "It would be easier to do that at practice, I'd think, as we're already the team with fewest members, not to mention we don't get long for tryouts. Though, I like your line of thinking. Reminds me of the last Captain. One of my best friends, but her idea was beyond terrifying. Basically, she let us loose on the Pitch, then released maybe ten or twenty Bludgers out, and we had to avoid getting hit. It was bloody hard." He offered a soft chuckle at the memory, particularly the getting patched back up stage. But, they had won all their games, so it couldn't be too crazy. He shifted a bit, his thin frame moving gracefully.

With a squeak, Todd yawned, then turned to cuddle his brother's collarbone. Dark brown eyes peeked open, the four year old curling into his blanket, then yawning again. After a few seconds, he'd managed to turn himself enough to look at his surroundings and offer a small, toothy smile toward Wyatt.

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:50 am

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt blinked as Dhylan recounted a time where his Captain let loose bludgers to her team and made them dodge causing him to give a face of barely concealed horror. If one could cause so much damage to permanently take him out the game he could only imagine what a dozen might do. "Jesus Mary and Joseph and you're alive to tell the tale? Must have some great reflexes." he admired the thin teen taking in his lean form. Hearing a soft sound his attention returned to the small child and with a brilliant grin saw that he had awoken long enough to give him a smile of his own. "Hey little man, I'm Wyatt. That's a nice looking elephant you've got yourself." he spoke soft and calmly complimenting his purple toy. He then looked back over to Dhylan before gesturing with his head to follow him before walking over to one of his few bookshelves in the store. I usually don't do this, but you seem to be the good sort so I'm trusting you to return this to me in the exact same shape it was lent." he said authoritatively, although his grin might've ruined things a bit. It's sort of like a how-to guide to Captain..ing. My Captain passed it down to me, his to him, her to him, yadda yadda yadda. Basically it's a bunch of tips to help you keep your confidence when dealing with a bunch of rowdy teens. Personally, my favorite chapter is number nine." Wyatt winked mischievously thinking of the chapter neatly titled "Sting Hexes and Where to Place Them".

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:07 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Dhyl grinned and nodded his confirmation. "I was one of the few to fall to the ground, actually. I was lucky I lasted half as long I did. I mean, heck, I survived a near full-on bludger slam to my hear when I was just a wee first year. Left me irreparably deaf in one ear, but whatever." He looked over at his younger brother, who seemed to be rousing from his nap.

Todd blinked his long lashes, then squeezed his elephant a bit tighter as the man asked about it. "Why.... it?" He tilted his head a bit, unsure about the word. It sounded like a name, but not one he'd heard before. "I Taw-dd. F-felly-fant?" He squeezed the elephant tighter, a smile on his face.

Dhyl grinned and lightly bounced Todd in his arms, then followed the man to the front of the store. Wait... letting him borrow something? Why? Was that even legal? When he discovered it was a book, his light blue eyes brightened. "A how-to guide, you say? I'm sure I can fit this in between all my NEWT reading this summer. I-I'll take perfect care of it, I can promise you that. And thank you for entrusting me with this." He carefully packed the book in the front pocket of his bag, then smiled happily.

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:17 am

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt winced as he spoke of falling to the ground from the bludger attacks before whipping around sharply at the mention one slamming into his ear. So the poor kid was deaf in one ear huh? Damn, for such an adrenaline seeking game it sure was terrifying if you saw and heard the list of injuries. He was going to ask about in when he name was ever so curiously said and not by the teen. Looking over his shoulder he saw a little boy steadily awakening and introducing him and his toy."It's nice to meet you Todd, and you too Fellyfant. Or may I just call him Felly?" he asked the young boy with a grin. He had been so preoccupied with the toddler he almost missed Dhylan actually speaking and placing his book into his bag. "It's no problem, just glad to be of help. Speaking of which, is there anything else I could help you with? I sort of have to keep busy, my boss is kind of a hard a**." Wyatt grinned and whispered conspiratorially.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:45 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Dhyl didn't notice the wince, as he was a rather oblivious person. He fluffed his ebony locks, then looked at his brother. It was still weird hearing the squeaky voice, as Todd had been silent for the majority of his life. Dhyl pet his brother's sleepy head, then let him continue talking, if he wanted.

"F-Flley okey?" Todd grinned, then snuggled back against his brother's warmth. He decided that snuggling his elephant and snoozing again was the perfect option, so he squirmed his feet, accidentally kicking his brother's ribs.

"Oww, Todd. Be nice, please." He hadn't been expecting the kick to his chest, but he knew what exactly it meant. Carefully he slid Todd's shoes off, then tucked them into the bag as well. Todd seemed content in his striped socks, so Dhyl left them alone, save tucking his feet back in the blanket. "Actually yes, there are a few things I need. I need a new broomstick service kit, and a pair of Keeper gloves. I swear my sister is determined to lose hers each and every year. Which is sad, as I've bought her at least enough to double her current year." He cracked a grin, thinking of the antics of his little sister. She was rather forgetful, alright, but he had been the one lucky enough to get the great memory... so it wasn't too much a loss. At least she had someone to look out for her.

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:42 am

We'll be counting stars

Wyatt could feel his manliness slip every time he took a glance at little Todd, especially as he grinned and spoke about his toy and inadvertently kicked his older brother in the chest. He then watched as Dhylan went back into "brother mode" and effortlessly slipped the little boy's shoes off and placed them in the bag without disturbing him as he went back to sleep. He was half-tempted to tickle the small stripped feet when the teen spoke up about other things he needed. "You're in luck, we're having a summer slash back to school sale on all Quidditch supplies." The American walked over to one of the shelves and pulled out an updated broomstick service kit before walking over to the gloves. A little sister too? He was just super sibling wasn't he? "What size is your sister, or would you want one of the uni-sizes we just got in?" Wyatt asked holding up two different pairs of gloves.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:36 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

Dhyl smiled as Wyatt said they were having a sale, now making the teen recalculate exactly what he'd be paying. Though, if he had more than plenty at regular cost, he should surely have enough, unless he got his math wrong.... which he didn't. When asked his sister's glove size, he blinked. "Tiny? Is that an option?" He said, then chuckled a bit. His sister was rather tiny, particularly compared to him. He lifted his hand and looked at it, then tried to picture his sister's hand against it. "Like, the size you'd give a small first year girl, is how I'd say? I swear, the girl doesn't grow. Meanwhile, you've got me, who won't bloody stop growing." He chuckled again, bouncing Todd lightly. pale blue eyes were bright, happy to discover a nice place in Diagon, and perhaps a nice first job for when he graduated? It would be better than working at the overly crowded Slug and Jiggers, with the entire Hawthorn family, no matter how much he loved them. Hmm.... He'd certainly think about this place as a viable consideration.

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items