Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Tired of Play by Post? I have a solution!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:23 am
So, ladies and gents, if you're like I am, you're probably waiting for people to post in play by post games. It kind of slows the moment of the game and makes the game kinda dull compared to the energetic style found in face to face table tops. But, the problem with that is, there isn't usually a place to play them over the internet right? WRONG!

I have stumbled across something that will work for those of you who have a set schedule for times you're able to play, or a variable one if someone is willing to keep up on what time they schedule. The site i'm referring to is known as Roll20.net I recommend checking it out, as this could be a great asset to us! It's free to use, has some great features and is wonderfully fair with its dice roller :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:38 am
InsaneKatKing
So, ladies and gents, if you're like I am, you're probably waiting for people to post in play by post games. It kind of slows the moment of the game and makes the game kinda dull compared to the energetic style found in face to face table tops. But, the problem with that is, there isn't usually a place to play them over the internet right? WRONG!

I have stumbled across something that will work for those of you who have a set schedule for times you're able to play, or a variable one if someone is willing to keep up on what time they schedule. The site i'm referring to is known as Roll20.net I recommend checking it out, as this could be a great asset to us! It's free to use, has some great features and is wonderfully fair with its dice roller :3

I've used it before but roll20 is not news for most on here. The main problem actually of it is that you've most likely witnessed that people are busy even too busy for play by post. Now with roll20 that needs dedicated session times meaning that you now have to organise a time and date that satisfies all players which can be a problem especially on a international board. I used to have to run a game at 3pm gmt+0 on sunday just so players in america and europe could make it at a reasonable time.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:03 pm
What gooseh said. I knew about it back when it was a kickstarter. I think there's even a thread about it somewhere here.

Problem is yes, time. I already have a dedicated chat rp time two nights a week. I get enough grief from my mom for that; I can't add another non-interruptible time. It's why I like play by post. Sure it's slow, and they don't usually last, but it's something, at least, and usually fun in the meantime.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:44 pm
I have been dieing to use this site in a game. Only issue I've had is designing maps to be pretty enough for me... >.>  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:27 pm
I don't have the time available for a full gaming session so play by post does suit me better but that's because I work 6 days a week and only a couple of hours to be on when I get a day off.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games