Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Obscurus Books ~ NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:52 pm
User Image

I x h a v e x p a s s e d x t h r o u g h x f i r e - - -
s a l e m x a l u m n a
o b s c u r u s x b o o k s

a l l x b y x m y s e l f
w h a t x n o w
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

Arwen nodded, "I suppose that's true." It was a little jarring to be surrounded by so many English accents, but she supposed it was the same when other wizards visited America. 'Not everything is a one way street,' she reminded herself. She pushed another curl out her face and pulled the books closer to her chest, deciding that she would buy the books either way. Atlas would enjoy them eventually and Ambrose could peruse some of the fairy tales that circulated in the U.K.

"Thanks!" she grinned, "I like Lydia, too. Simple and sweet. People call me Winnie sometimes," Arwen indulged Liddie with her own nickname, "Yeah, I actually just graduated from Salem's last year. Just about everyone in my family has gone there, for like...ages." She grinned slightly, feeling mildly awkward about her family heritage. It wasn't overly important to her, but it seemed like a major thing to her family, so she assumed it was a big thing for everyone else, despite how minute it actually was. "What's Hogwarts like? I've only heard a few things, but it's looking like Atlas might be a student there, assuming nothing drastic changes...again."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:41 pm
How it rambles 'round the moon
A let-go-of balloon
Nothing is forever, everything is soon
And my father as he stands
A perfect cartoon man
Heavy-sighed and open-eyed, I heard him speak

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

office of misinformation │ muggleborn │ former hufflepuff

Liddie grinned. "Winnie's such a cute nickname. All my siblings have Biblical names," she rolled her eyes a little. "But we all go by nicknames except for my oldest brother. My sister's Esther- Essie." Arwen revealed that she was a recent graduate of Salem, and asked about Hogwarts, prompting Liddie's eyes to widen a little. "It's so strange meeting someone who hasn't heard- well everything about Hogwarts. I don't have anything to compare it to! It is very nice, though. But I'm pretty much duty-bound to say that- I was a prefect and Head Girl," she coughed a bit embarrassedly, realizing the other girl might not know what those titles meant.

"Guess I was a bit of an accidental teacher's pet. Anyways, it's your typical old drafty Scottish castle, I suppose. I was in Hufflepuff, so our dorms were quite nice; very warm and cozy, near the kitchens, and lots of plants. And I liked most of the professors, even if they can be quite strict." Nowhere near as strict as her own parents of course, who had homeschooled her for years before Hogwarts. "Was he born here? Hogwarts is sort of severe when it comes to who they accept- but I suppose there's always Beauxbatons across the channel, they accept students from multiple countries," she shrugged. You'd think the French would be even more snotty than the Brits. "Did your entire family move here, then? That's so interesting. My family moved a lot when I was a kid- but that was all volunteer missions for my parents' church- we always came back to England eventually."

OOC:
Rawwry

Hold your head up high
Hold your head up high
Rise it up, it's fine terrain
The time will come again
And misery's no rest for weary gentlemen
See that humankind is you
Like all the rest, down to

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 pm
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a

l i d d i e
w h a t x n o w
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

"That's funny, everyone in my family's names start with an "A". One of those almost cringey trends that some families do." she cracked a grin. It was a little cringey, but she low-key loved it. Arwen listened as Liddie disclosed her positions as prefect and Head Girl, she wasn't exactly sure what the details of the each post were, but she could assume she was given some sort of power and authority. "I'm not sure I could take that much responsibility, everyone is so melodramatic during that time. Myself included," she shrugged.

Being a teacher's pet was something Arwen could relate to, her desire to learn was definitely appreciate by most of the faculty at Salem's. However, she didn't quite relate to living in a castle, she hadn't even visited one before, "I've never been inside a castle before, Salem's is basically an expanded manor. But I heard that the Lynx house was rather drafty," Arwen told her in an attempt to relate to what she was saying. "Is Hufflepuff known to be a party house? Or is it more calm?" she asked, as the houses at Salem weren't really based upon personality types, she was desperate to understand what separated each house from the other at Hogwarts.

"Atlas was born in America, I don't think any of us realized it could be a problem," Arwen shrugged again, "I suppose he could go to Salem's as well, if it came to that. That would probably make dad feel better about the whole moving thing." Winnie felt a slight pang of guilt, she knew that the move was for the better, but she also knew her dad was disappointed to leave his family and possibly ruin the line of Bradbury's going into Salem's, though they did have cousins, so it wasn't the worst possible situation. "Just the immediate family: dad, Ambrose and little Atlas. Grandparents, uncles, aunties and cousins are still in America. I think if we all moved grandma would have a heart attack." she paused briefly to think about her grandparents reactions would be, probably rather dramatic, it was bad enough the four moved, let alone all of the extended family. "What's Christianity like? My family tended to pull away from most religions, because, well y'know, witches weren't super appreciated in America when my family first settled there."

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:09 pm
A let-go-of balloon
A perfect cartoon man

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

Liddie giggled when Arwen described her family's naming trend as 'almost cringey'. "Well, there's a lot of weird names in the Bible, so I s'ppose I should just be grateful I got stuck with Lydia and not.... I dunno, Tabitha or Dorcas." She described herself as a melodramatic teen, and Liddie privately thought that Arwen's adolescent drama was likely nothing compared to her own. However, most people hadn't run away from home to be with their abusive and controlling boyfriend at age fifteen, had they?

"I definitely wouldn't call Hufflepuff the party house- that's probably Gryffindor. Basically everyone is sorted based on personality, and Hufflepuff is supposed to be the loyal and friendly," she shrugged in bemusement. It wasn't as if anyone in her house had ever really disproved that. "Gryffindor is for the bold and brave, Ravenclaw is for the curious and creative, and Slytherin is for the cunning and ambitious. My sister was a Gryffindor, probably because she was always running around climbing trees and jumping in puddles when we were little. I was more girly," she said dryly. Essie had always been more of the tomboy, of the two of them.

At Arwen's question about religion, Liddie grew noticeably uncomfortable, shifting from one foot to the other. Still, she answered as honestly as possible, "Well, my parents were a bit... extreme in their practice of it. My dad's a reverend but, you know... one of the really fundamentalist ones. He didn't take it that well at all when my sister and I started showing signs of... you know, magic and all. It's a miracle he and my mum were convinced to let us go to Hogwarts. I grew up not even being allowed to wear trousers or watch most shows on the telly," she exhaled with a slight grimace. "But even though I'm not very religious anymore, my oldest brother and my sister still are, just.... less close-minded than my parents."

OOC:
Rawwry

Hold your head up high
Hold your head up high
The time will come again

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:52 pm
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a

l i d d i e
w h a t x n o w
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

"I do like Arwen quite a bit. It's better than Agatha or something," she agreed with another soft grin. Perhaps she would give the Bible a read, even if it was only to laugh at the weird names. Arwen listened intently as Liddie described the Hogwarts houses and the housing system. That was fascinating, but it still left her with a few questions, "How do they know what personality everyone has? Surely it's not...like a survey or something?" she paused briefly in the hopes that she didn't overwhelm the other women, "And what happens when kids develop? Do their houses change? I mean, at Salem's, we're sorted into houses randomly. Stereotypes or cliques occurred a lot, but it was never, like, too heavily one way or another." Arwen raised a brow, it was strange knowing that other schools existed differently than hers and still managed to work efficiently.

At her mention of religion, Arwen noticed a shift in Liddie's demeanor. 'Uh, oh,' she thought, realizing too late that religion might make someone uncomfortable, especially since she had just blamed her own ignorance on the topic on the ignorance of others. She glanced down at her own clothing choice, almost positive that she would not have been cleared to go outside had her family been religious. Instead of asking about religion again, she decided to change the subject, hoping to make the girl feel more comfortable again. "I used to hike in the woods near my house, but other than that, I didn't really enjoy the wilderness. Too many bugs." Okay, so maybe she hadn't really been hiking, rather searching for her missing mother, but who needed to know that anyway? "What did you study in school? I focused mostly on curse breaking," Arwen smiled, somewhat proudly, she was very pleased with her academic accomplishments, despite how much work she had to put in to pull them off at the last minute.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:32 am
A let-go-of balloon
A perfect cartoon man

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

Liddie reflected that it was very easy to forget how weird Hogwarts was in terms of the Sorting, after having gone to the school for seven years. Even if she hadn't been excited at all to go there in the first place. "We have the Sorting Hat, which used to belong to House Gryffindor's founder, Godric Gryffindor. Basically it can read minds, so every first year has it put on their head and it sort of... analyzes their potential, I guess, and puts them where it thinks they'll succeed," she shrugged. "It's pretty freaky, especially for muggleborns. I didn't want my mind read," she wrinkled her nose. "But, it did work out, or at least it usually seems to. They say if you really want a certain house, or don't want a certain house, the Hat sometimes will listen." She recalled that she just hadn't wanted Slytherin, believing it to be evil. Which was kind of funny, thinking back.

"Charms was one of my best subjects," Liddie thought back, brow furrowed, "and Healing, I really liked that. I was terrible at Herbology and Potions. I took Care of Magical Creatures too, that was fun. And Music, of course, although that was more muggle than magical." From what she knew of Cursebreaking, it was supposed to be quite difficult and advanced magic, so Arwen was likely very clever. "Are you working for Gringotts' now, then? I work for the Ministry. Department of Misinformation," she shrugged. When she was young she had dreamed of being a famous musician or singer, but she knew she didn't have the talent to pull that off career-wise. At least now it was still a hobby she enjoyed. And her own work was interesting enough, even if it could be quite stressful at times.

OOC:
Rawwry

Hold your head up high
Hold your head up high
The time will come again

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:43 am
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a

l i d d i e
w h a t x n o w
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

Arwen blinked slowly at the mention of a "sorting hat", that seemed odd to her. To trust an inanimate object to decide someone's potential. Well, not necessarily inanimate, she supposed, it was likely charmed, but nonetheless, it was still strange. The thought of mind reading made her uneasy as there were very few times that she actually wanted other people to know what she was thinking, "I think I might prefer just being assigned a house," Arwen decided.

"I also did really well in charms, but Ambrose was more of the healer," she had done relatively well in most of her classes. No where near perfect but she was still proud, "Herbology always gave me the biggest headache. I think it might have been because I was usually trying to study for other classes instead of actually paying attention to the professor's lecture," Arwen grinned slightly at her own irresponsibility, she knew she should have balanced her work load better, but somethings just held more weight to her, especially when they had to do with her future. "I've just recently applied. It was one of the first things I did after we got here," she informed the other girl. Arwen was very excited by the prospect of working, particularly because she was doing something she was passionate about. "Ooh, that sounds fascinating. What do you do there? If you're allowed to talk about it, of course," Arwen tacked the last bit on as a second thought, realizing that any department to do with information could have some privacy restrictions.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:35 pm
A let-go-of balloon
A perfect cartoon man

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

Liddie laughed. "Our Herbology professor was incredibly strict, so no one dared not pay attention in his class. The homework was always very hard, though." She hadn't really hated Herbology; she was fine with 'normal' plants, but when you added magic and/or trying to kill her... that's where her green thumb came to an abrupt end. Besides, despite being a core subject, it wasn't really required for the vast majority of magical careers. When Arwen asked if she was allowed to talk about her work, Liddie grinned. "Seeing as you aren't a muggle... It's essentially coming up with plausible excuses for large breaches of the Statute of Secrecy, especially when it's been witnessed by too many muggles to warrant memory charming, or caught on camera." She imagined some people might think of her job as being a bit amoral, but she preferred to look at the bigger picture; if the Statute were ever completely broken, all hell would (literally) break loose across the globe, putting millions of people in danger, both wizards and muggles.

OOC:
Rawwry

Hold your head up high
Hold your head up high
The time will come again

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:14 pm
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a

l i d d i e
w h a t x n o w
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

Arwen grimaced at the thought of herbology homework, she had been rather good at identifying each plant, noticing whether or not leaves were serrated or picking out the differences in herbs. But she had never managed to fully memorize the function and what was required for them to flourish. When Liddie divulged her job description, Arwen's eye lit up with curiosity. "Dude, that's so cool!" she exclaimed, then realized she was in a bookstore and lowered her tone, "Do you guys have to deter conspiracy theorists a lot? Or do you just let them spiral on their own?" She asked, there was a lot of conspiracy theorists in America after all and it seemed reasonable to assume the same here. Arwen decided that if cursebreaking wasn't doing it for her, she would go into a similar field. But she also knew that cursebreaking was her bread and butter and something she had been dreaming about doing since she was 12, so there was no way that cursebreaking wasn't for her. "Is it, like, a desk job? Or do you get to go see some of the stuff that goes down?" Arwen asked, knowing that, personally, she wouldn't be able to handle a desk job, her work space would get too cluttered too quickly and it would probably drive her coworkers up the wall.

The Forgotten Weasley

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces