Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Obscurus Books ~ NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:25 am
Sebastian "Ian" Windsor

Cursebreaking ProfessorPurebloodFormer RavenclawHogwarts Alumni

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I see the colors of the world—they're rearranging
The center sentinels are cunningly estranging all...
I think a little about a lot I'm introverted

You think a lot about a little never heard it all, of our energy.
I bring these words to life..

╔══════════════════════════════╗

Sebastian wasn't sure, but the woman who had introduced herself as Drusilla Somerset, seemed to be eccentric yet positive. Then, he remembered about a friend of Eugene, whom his son described his friend to be eccentric too. Was it... Elijah? He presumed that it must have been the albino student that Eugene hang out with... or not? He was not sure. He raised an eyebrow when he told him that she have seen faces she thought she had thought she knew, then turning out to not know them. What was that supposed to mean? Could it be that she was referring about nearly forgetting about long distance-relationships? Well, he did used to be worrying if Daphne forgot about him after all those letter he had sent, but a few years later he felt relieved after she still recognized him.

He felt a relieved feeling that she was indeed a professor from Hogwarts, looks like he could trust her a bit by telling his position, too. Sometimes, one has to be cautious about what he was going to say to a stranger or a-person-he-cannot-almost-remember. It's hard to predict people for a short time ,he would thought. He noticed Drusilla glanced at the books he was supposed to purchase, he wanted to tell her about the books he had bought but he would sound a bit too talkative. After shrugging off that thought and placing the book on a nearby table, he found out that she teaches Divination. Wasn't that class thought somewhere that was not the average classroom, or could they have moved the place? He didn't know, because he never took that elective. "Divination? Why, that is an interesting subject, He replied casually, "I teach Cursebreaking. And well, my case about not talking to anyone that because it is either did not seem to feel like it, or because I was preoccupied in reading books that I did not have the chance to do so." He chuckled, "Well, that sounded ironic, I took my son here to have a nice walk and give him a moment for himself so that he can socialize with other people. And then, I realized that I do not seemed to do the same that much" He added with a slightly jested tone and a small grin, putting his hands inside his pockets. By the way of how she said the last statement, she seemed to be a bit flighty or absent-minded.

╚══════════════════════════════╝

We stay up late and draw the lines to every constellation
We live with all our sorrows tied to age and separation

These are the days of love and life, these are our expectations
We stay up late to live tonight, this is our destination

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

With : Drusilla Somerset
Attire : Looking Neat

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:13 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝒆
                                                          Looking Distracted at Obscurus Books with Sebastian
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Surprised
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Oh, I know him! I think... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          𝐼 𝒾𝓂𝒶𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝓂𝒶𝓃𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒𝓃'𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓅𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDrusilla smiled faintly as he spoke, wondering if he truly thought Divination was interesting, or was simply being polite. She knew how a lot of people in more practical fields felt about her own. It wasn't uncommon to meet someone who thought that Divination was nothing but nonsense. Hell, half the time she was certain her students were only taking it because they thought it'd be an easy class. Stare in a crystal ball, make something up, assign some meaning, easy O. She wasn't an idiot, she knew all of this. But, he seemed, if not necessarily genuine, then at least respectful. "I'm not particularly good at keeping up with people myself. I tend to get distracted," she told him with a small shrug of her shoulders. Distracted was probably an understatement. But, then, he probably knew that. Or, she figured he probably did, what with the way people talked about her. Perhaps not, though; if he was really so antisocial, perhaps he hadn't paid any attention to the rumors that flew about the castle halls. She did chuckle faintly at his assessment of the ironic situation he'd found himself in. "I think adults often spend so much time reminding children of what's important, we forget to take part in it ourselves. Not that I have much experience with it; no children of my own. I mostly just interact with my students." And hardly that, if she were honest. She did have the one student, Inigo, who was a Seer and had looked to her for guidance, but other than that, she couldn't recall a single instance of a student seeking her out for any sort of help. And she'd certainly not sought any out. Perhaps this was a failing of some sort, she mused. Perhaps she should try to be more involved with her students... how did one even go about doing that, though?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓅𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝒹
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒮𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒾𝓈𝒽𝑒𝒹 𝓎𝑒𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓉𝒶𝓉𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝓉𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:41 am
User Image

Looking fine in:Grey / Thinking: Shakespare, oh yes please/ Single/ Pureblood

Alessandra opened the door to the bookstore where she was told that she could find some decent reading material. "Hello, is anyone here?" She called politely. "Let's hope I can get some because no way in hell I'm getting them in from France to here because Valentina can't read french. " Alessandra told herself while she waited for the owner to show up somewhere. Alessandra missed her copies of the Shakespeare plays, she would sit for hours on end just reading.

OOC: Open for interaction

Maiya Kajuji

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:56 pm
User Image

Gardenia stepped out of the backroom, a teacup in hand. She and Jane had been have quite the traditional high tea in the backroom for awhile now. Apparently Jane actually enjoyed this kind of thing and had talked her into it but she didn't mind much, she got to talk to Jane and see the new baby. And man oh man was she a cutie. She was drawn from her conversation when the familiar bell jingled as the door opened and a voice sounded. She looked at the young girl who entered with a big smile. "Hello, how can I help you?" She asked pleasantly glad for a customer. It had been slow the last few days, last few months even. When anyone came to her little store it was good.

mrs-lestrange

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:20 pm
User Image

Looking fine in:Grey / Thinking: Shakespare, oh yes please/ Single/ Pureblood

Alessandra heard a voice. "Yes thanks, I'm Alessandra La Russa, I got told by the guy name Lochland from the potions store told me that I maybe able to find Shakespeare books here in English not French." Alessandra said in a French- Italian accent. "Also I maybe able to find more reading material to as I have seem to have read all the books I have at my home." Alessandra added in. "This is a nice store you got." She said as admiring all the books. "I'm sorry but it is my first time trying to find everything as my sister would normally show me where everything is but shes back at Hogwarts." Alessandra said to the store person.

OOC: Open for interaction and edited

Maiya Kajuji

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝒆
                                                          Looking Distracted at Obscurus Books with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Bored
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Well, at least I'm out of the house. ❞

𝒜 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝓂 𝓎 𝓂 𝒾 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝐼 𝒾 𝓂 𝒶 𝑔 𝒾 𝓃 𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝓂 𝒶 𝓃 𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶 𝓇 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝓇 𝑒 𝒶 𝓁 𝓁 𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓅𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒾 𝓃 𝓉 𝒽 𝑒 𝑔 𝓇 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxx

spaceDrusilla wasn't really sure what her plan was as she wandered the shelves at the book store, not really bothering to look at the titles, or even pay attention to much of anything. She'd been bored, and lonely, and on impulse decided to come wandering down Diagon Alley. She didn't quite know why she'd thought that would alleviate her loneliness; if anything, it had highlighted it. The streets were crowded with people, parents taking their children shopping for school supplies, running their weekly errands, meeting up with and visiting friends... While she walked up and down the street, alone in the crowd. The brunette sighed heavily, eyes focusing on a title for half a second before drifting away. Well, she supposed she could at least make this trip productive, right? Perhaps find some new reading material. That would keep her occupied, at least somewhat, while she counted down the days until the new school term started. The Summer had barely begun and she was already going crazy... perhaps literally. She swore she could feel herself slipping... That had been why she'd come out today, she'd had a particularly bad time the day before, realizing past midnight that she hadn't eaten all day, hadn't done anything. She'd sat in her bedroom, with five different sets of cards spread out on the floor, reading... What, she didn't know. There had been a lot of mixed signals in the cards... probably because her mind was so scattered. She wasn't focusing her energies correctly. It had all been utterly nonsensical, which worried her more than anything had before. If nothing else, whenever she'd gotten caught up in her reading before, it had always made sense. Last night... last night, it had read like... well, the ramblings of a madwoman. The product of insanity. She didn't want to be mad, she wanted to get better. She'd thought she was doing better... The Seer was pretty spooked. In a moment of desperation, she grabbed a random book off the shelf and started flipping through the pages, thinking that perhaps she should buy it... But, as she looked through it, she realized she'd read it before. She was in the divination section of the shop... Of course she'd found it, unerringly. Even though she'd read practically everything on the subject, was an expert on it backwards and forwards. With a huff, she placed it back on the shelf, and stalked off to try and find another section of the store to distract herself in.

xxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓅 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁 𝒾 𝒹
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒮𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝐼 𝒽 𝒶 𝓋 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝒻 𝒾 𝓃 𝒾 𝓈 𝒽 𝑒 𝒹 𝓎𝑒𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓉 𝒶 𝓉 𝓉 𝑜 𝑜 𝓉𝑜 𝑔 𝑒 𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝓁 𝒾 𝓋 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂 𝑜 𝓂 𝑒 𝓃 𝓉

User Image

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:27 pm
User Image

User Image

Ravenclaw Alumnus │ Mind Magic Professor

Kolton found himself walking along the streets of Diagon Alley, for whatever reason. Honestly, he hadn't been sure. Although it was only the beginning of summer, he was absolutely bored out of his mind. He didn't have many friends, and that meant not many opportunities for socialization, and what others would call 'fun.' So, maybe that's why he came.

He entered into a random shop, the name of it not really making it to his eyes--though upon walking in he recognized it to be a book store. Well, he supposed that getting back into reading would be good for him. Although he wasn't exactly familiar on all this new reading material. He sighed, running a hand through his brown hair and walking his way across each aisle.

After an unknown amount of time, he found himself in an aisle that he hadn't explored yet, one composed completely of ones that involved Divination. He couldn't help but think of Dru at that moment, and by the time he looked up, she was there. Almost as if she materialized there at his thoughts. But that was impossible; she had to have been here before.

"Hello, Ms. Somerset. Fancy seeing you here. ..Uh, hope I'm not interrupting your reading." Despite the fact she didn't have a book in her hands, he thought he could've been just interrupting her in general.

Cara MiaKitty

OOC:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:54 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰𝓵𝒆
                                                          Looking Distracted at Obscurus Books with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Bored
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Well, at least I'm out of the house. ❞

𝒜 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝓂 𝓎 𝓂 𝒾 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝐼 𝒾 𝓂 𝒶 𝑔 𝒾 𝓃 𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝓂 𝒶 𝓃 𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶 𝓇 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝓇 𝑒 𝒶 𝓁 𝓁 𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓅𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒾 𝓃 𝓉 𝒽 𝑒 𝑔 𝓇 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxx

spaceDrusilla was surprised to see Kolton appear, the Seer's head tilting to the side ever so slightly. If she recalled correctly, the last time she'd happened upon this bookstore, she'd run into Sebastian... Perhaps she should spend more time here, if it was such a popular location for her friends to flock towards. Friends... Was Sebastian her friend? She wasn't sure. She'd thought Kolton and she had agreed to be friends, but he'd referred to her as Ms. Somerset, which was certainly strange, if they were. She clicked her tongue absently at the thought, struggling to recall his last name. She should respond in kind, she knew, but she was having trouble remembering... Blue eyes stared blankly for perhaps a second too long, before it finally clicked. "Viner!" she crowed, quite pleased with herself. It then occurred to her that she probably looked... well, a bit mad. She frowned, expression apologetic. "Sorry, I couldn't quite recall your last name," she informed him, clicking her tongue again to punctuate. "Only your first... But, it is Mr. Viner, yes?"

spaceHis statement regarding her reading hung in the air, still unanswered, for a long moment, before it registered to the Seer that she should respond. She waved her hand dismissively, a wide grin breaking out onto her face. "Oh, no, no. I've read this one before," she said, not mentioning that she'd read it a great many times. "I wasn't really paying attention when I picked it up... Just looking for something to do. I've been quite bored... My home is very... empty." Her eyes saddened somewhat at this statement, but her grin never wavered. "But, it is very nice to see you as well! How has your holiday been? Enjoying yourself?" she asked, suddenly overeager. It was the fist real social interaction she'd had since the school year had ended... Actually, this might be the first conversation she'd had with another person, aside from a few snippets of back and forth with the portraits of her home, and conversations with vendors when she purchased goods. She did hope that he wasn't too busy; it would be nice to get to have a moment to talk to someone.

xxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓅 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁 𝒾 𝒹
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒮𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝐼 𝒽 𝒶 𝓋 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝒻 𝒾 𝓃 𝒾 𝓈 𝒽 𝑒 𝒹 𝓎𝑒𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓉 𝒶 𝓉 𝓉 𝑜 𝑜 𝓉𝑜 𝑔 𝑒 𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝓁 𝒾 𝓋 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂 𝑜 𝓂 𝑒 𝓃 𝓉

User Image

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:01 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx« Rubin Aksnes Eide »
Writer Potioneer Durmstrang Graduate Half-Blood Metamorphagus xxxxxx

User Image

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                                            One nation underdog, there of which I stand alone
                                            A face in the crowd, unsung against the mold
                                            Without a doubt, singled out, the only way I know

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║█║█║▌│█║▌│█║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║

It was in an afternoon of spring when Rubin decided to have a short walk to the Alley while his brother Austmar was at home for a visit and the twins were sleeping peacefully. Sometimes, when he wanted some time for himself and/or wanted some new ideas for some book stories he was writing, his first-hand solution was to visit a bookstore. Additionally, he figured that since his daughter Drew, considering how she loved dragons so much, decided to buy a book for her as well. But which one, exactly? While the Norwegian didn't exactly possess a lot of books, he still couldn't tell which were the one he didn't buy yet. Entering the bookstore, he began to browse for books as if he was carefully trying not to buy too much. He first went to the History section and found some interesting books-- Oh, these seven-volume books about Harry Potter and the Second Wizarding War sounded interesting, but how about this book about Albus Dumbledore? But alas, he had to choose carefully so some minutes later, he proceeded to get just one book concerning the Ancient Runes (since, after all, he didn't take that class back in Durmstrang).

His next stop was the Muggle works, and he hummed thoughtfully as there were many books to choose from. Wait, how about "The Hobbit"? Well, Rubin did read that because he borrowed it from Matteo but he never get to finished it because that Swedish punk decided that he needed it immediately so he had to return it to him. Bummer. Oh well, if he didn't reallly want to then fine, he'll buy it himself. No big deal, so he took it. So... He had two books on hand, maybe that's just a few right? He proceeded to the Scientific Section on the store and huh... Didn't Drew read most of these books about dragons? Well then, that only meant that he had to choose something different, like that one book about Vampires. But then, he already made an unspoken rule to himself that he only had to choose three books only, so he didn't took those Vampire books. Gods, why did he even visit the place when as a bookworm and writer, the odds there probably like buying so many books? And he had to buy a few if he didn't want a big bag for it?

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║██║█║▌│█║▌│║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Stepped out of the line, like a sheep runs from the herd
                                            Marching out of time to my own beat now, the only way I know
                                            'Cause I want to be the minority, I don't need your authority
                                            Down with the moral majority, 'cause I want to be the minority

With :: Himself
                                            Where :: Obscurus Bookstore
                                            Wearing :: Looking Young

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:00 pm
User Image
                                                On a day where we’re surely still powerless and young
                                                You witness sadness that you didn’t have to see
                                                Now you’re spending your time holding in tears that don’t have to be held in
                                                We’re not strong enough to keep living on just completely truthful things
                                                We don’t have to be strong

User Image

════════════════════════

Mᴀʜᴏᴜᴛᴏᴋᴏʀᴏ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʜᴇ Sᴛᴀʀʀʏ Pʀᴏᴘʜᴇsɪᴇʀ || Sᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Yamato was thumbing his way through the books in the divination section of the store. It wasn't like he didn't have books on the subject in his own shop, but it was rather nice just to be able to look through others' selections to see if he could find something that could pique his interest. Which, given that he was a natural of the subject, shouldn't be too hard. Then again, he was certain that he was probably going to spy any books done by charlatans pretty quickly. It was bad enough divination had a bad reputation as being a sham subject. He would hate for people to write bogus facts about what he did for a living, after all. Besides, right now all he was doing was star charts for people and interpreting palms. Ugh, western divination methods. He wasn't as well-versed in them as say I Ching. Then again, that and eastern astrology were what he knew the best. He had to actually study the western divination methods when he got to England.

The Japanese wizard sighed and looked around the store, thinking that he needed to get away from the section entirely. It was going to give him a headache. He then noticed someone over near the section of the area for vampires, and frowned. Well, that was unusual. Then again, vampires were generally a secretive lot. He should know, considering that he was engaged to one. Which would give his father a heart attack if he knew to be honest. He made his way over, carefully browsing as he decided that he might as well strike up a conversation. Who knows, he might actually enjoy it, or he might die of embarrassment if he made a fool of himself. "The books on vampires aren't entirely accurate. You'd probably be better served talking to an actual vampire instead of looking through the books. Then again, they're secretive in general, ne?" He still hadn't grabbed a book for himself, but then again, he was coming to the conclusion that he might not. At least not here. He might be able to find a better selection from other sources though.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Hrm, there's not that many that I really want to look at...
                                                Taken By: Zane Acacia
                                                OOC:

No matter how far we travel, at the start of life
                                                We were lonely babies who cried out to want to live and be loved
                                                Our reason for aiming for somewhere that isn’t here
                                                Is because we have to in order to know that there is no answer
                                                anywhere other than in the heart

Jade Galaksylph

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:31 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx« Rubin Aksnes Eide »
Writer Potioneer Durmstrang Graduate Half-Blood Metamorphagus xxxxxx

User Image

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                                            One nation underdog, there of which I stand alone
                                            A face in the crowd, unsung against the mold
                                            Without a doubt, singled out, the only way I know

Rubin was deep in thought as he was reading some random Vampire book, not knowing that there was someone approaching in his direction. A while ago his hair was dark copper with some teal on its tips, but now it's of a deep blue color (except the teal tips still stay the same), but it wasn't like he was paying attention to his appearance anyway. Does he even pay attention to it? Most likely no. While he could use from Vampire books as references especially A Vampire's Monologue, maybe he could get an interview with someone who is a vampire or maybe someone who has the experience with a vampire. His adoptive brother Matteo was the latter but Rubin was pretty sure that it would be a terrible idea, especially when Matteo's aunt was actually murdered by one in his fifth year at Hogwarts. Well damn, that Swede really went through some serious s**t yet it looked as if nothing happened to him, or was he?

He lost his focus on the book he was reading when someone just up and spoke to him, telling him that that the books weren't entirely accurate. His blue hair reverted back to dark copper as he turned to someone who was speaking to him, raising an eyebrow. The blonde guy proceeded into saying that it's better to talk to an actual vampire instead of reading from documentaries, which was funny because he was thinking about that minutes ago [but then, it wasn't like he was planning on actually doing it]. "Hm, I would have, but then it would be like picking a four-leaf clover in a field because of course they're secretive in general, at least in daytime but you get what I mean," 'And the last time they didn't go secretive they ruined the fun in some Festival ten years ago' He thought, but he refrained himself from saying that.

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│║║██║█║▌│█║▌│║█║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Stepped out of the line, like a sheep runs from the herd
                                            Marching out of time to my own beat now, the only way I know
                                            'Cause I want to be the minority, I don't need your authority
                                            Down with the moral majority, 'cause I want to be the minority

With :: Yamato Takaishi
                                            Where :: Obscurus Bookstore
                                            Wearing :: Looking Young

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:35 pm
User Image

I x h a v e x p a s s e d x t h r o u g h x f i r e - - -
s a l e m x a l u m n a
o b s c u r u s x b o o k s

a l l x b y x m y s e l f
w h a t x n o w
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

Ambrose and Abbott had sent her shopping in the hopes that she would find furniture and decorations for their new home while they unpacked what they could. Arwen was excited by the prospect of going out and adventuring the city she would now call her home, but the thought of going on her own made her anxious. Nevertheless, she bucked up her courage and made her way to Diagon Alley. Unsurprisingly, the bookshop was her first stop.

Arwen stopped mid-stride in front of the building and turned on her heel to inspect the store. She peered through the window in attempt to decide whether or not the book shop was open. She pushed a stray curl behind her ear before she pushed the door open. Arwen stood in awe at the collection of books in front of her, she wasn't exactly sure what she had been expecting from a bookstore, but it definitely was not this. She scanned the aisles, hoping that it would help her direct her to whatever she felt she should buy. Initially, she was drawn to the textbook aisle, despite having graduated, she felt she should brush up on her knowledge of runes and curse breaking, she would be applying at Gringotts soon, after all. However, both the muggle fiction and children's books sections also caught her attention. Arwen was curious of the extent of their muggle collection and how many of them she had read while in school in America. She also wanted to take a peak at the children's books, Atlas was still a little young, but she was convinced that one can never begin learning too soon.

Arwen began toward the children's section, having decided that Atlas' education should take precedence over her own curiosity. 'The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Fairy Tails Collection, The Toadstool Tales...which would be most comprehensible for a two year old?' she pondered, completely disregarding the fact the two year old will not have to worry about reading the words, rather he would worry about learning them as they were read to him. Arwen pulled a few books off the shelf and flipped through the pages, waiting for something to stand out to her. She had to make sure that whatever she brought home was what she deemed good enough for her nephew. She took every chance she got to spoil that kid rotten.

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

The Forgotten Weasley

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:25 am
How it rambles 'round the moon
A let-go-of balloon
Nothing is forever, everything is soon
And my father as he stands
A perfect cartoon man
Heavy-sighed and open-eyed, I heard him speak

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

office of misinformation │ muggleborn │ former hufflepuff

Liddie was definitely about a decade too old to be perusing the children's section, but she'd always found magical books so interesting, especially the ones intended for little children. Growing up, while her parents had heavily encouraged reading and writing, they'd been very strict about what books she and her siblings were allowed to buy or even bring home from the library. After all, they hadn't wanted them to be 'corrupted' by any knowledge of sin or 'perversion'. Suffice to say, Liddie's childhood reading habits had been somewhat limited, as her mother personally checked every book she was interested in. Anything involving witchcraft, of course, had been a massive no. Which only added to the irony that several years later, Liddie had gone on to get her letter from Hogwarts like her older sister, and become a full-fledged witch.

But thinking about her parents, who she was still on rocky ground with since moving out, was sort of killing her good mood, so instead she looked over some book with vividly painted illustrations, smiling as the picture of Godric Gryffindor on the cover of one stroked his wild beard. Still looking at the book, she unconsciously took a step backwards, and straight into someone in the same aisle as her. "Sorry," Liddie said quickly, snapping the book shut and turning around to face the girl (woman) who seemed to be about her age. "The Tales of Beedle the Bard are really good," she added offhandedly. "I read a friend's copy while I was in school. Good morals." She assumed the girl was looking for either her own small child, a young sibling, or a niece or nephew. It was a shame Liddie hadn't gotten the chance to be an aunt yet herself. What was Jonas waiting for?

OOC:
Rawwry

Hold your head up high
Hold your head up high
Rise it up, it's fine terrain
The time will come again
And misery's no rest for weary gentlemen
See that humankind is you
Like all the rest, down to

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:09 am
User Image

I x h a v e x p a s s e d x t h r o u g h x f i r e - - -
s a l e m x a l u m n a
o b s c u r u s x b o o k s

a l l x b y x m y s e l f
w h a t x n o w
n e u t r a l
s i n g l e

Arwen sucked in a quick breath as someone bumped into her, worried that she had been in the way. She turned to look at the woman who apologized to her, "You're good," she said with a slight, awkward smile. Arwen turned the children's book over in her hands, "My parents may have read it to me and my brother a few times, but I don't really remember," she told the other woman, her American accent now more obvious after she had spoken a real sentence. Arwen took a moment to actually consider the woman in front of her. She looked relatively young, probably around the same age as she was. Her reddish hair framed her face well, she was pretty.

Arwen glanced back at the books in her hands, realization settling in that it might be a little weird for someone as young as her buying children's books, "I'm looking for books for my nephew," she offered as an explanation. "He's a little young, though. I was trying to decide if he would appreciate these now or if I should wait a little while longer," Arwen shrugged, almost asking for a second opinion but also not trying to trap the woman in a conversation if she didn't want to participate. On the same token, perhaps it would be a good thing for her to make friends? Or at least one? She should probably interact with more people than just her father, brother and a two year old. With a slight nod, she stuck her hand out to shake, "I'm Arwen, I just moved here," she told her, hoping the other woman would also introduce herself before her resolve crept away from her.

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

The Forgotten Weasley

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:08 pm
How it rambles 'round the moon
A let-go-of balloon
Nothing is forever, everything is soon
And my father as he stands
A perfect cartoon man
Heavy-sighed and open-eyed, I heard him speak

User Image
𝚕𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊
𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎
𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛

office of misinformation │ muggleborn │ former hufflepuff

Liddie shrugged lightly. "Well, you've already read it more than me then. My parents are muggles. No Beedle in our house," she said dryly, taking in the American accent. Well, that was a bit unusual to find in Diagon Alley. Although she was pretty sure one of the men who worked at the quidditch shop was from the states as well. "Even if he can't read right now, you could always save them for when he's older," she suggested, although the shop was unlikely to run out of copies of that particular storybook anytime soon. When the American offered her hand, Liddie promptly shook it with a smile. "Arwen's such a pretty name. I'm Lydia- but everyone calls me Liddie. Did you go to school in the states, then? I'm a Hogwarts graduate," she waved a hand a bit sheepishly, "but everyone here is." Well, maybe some people were home-schooled, but the majority had gone to Hogwarts. Still, America was so much bigger than Britain that it had multiple magical schools scattered across the country.

OOC:
Rawwry

Hold your head up high
Hold your head up high
Rise it up, it's fine terrain
The time will come again
And misery's no rest for weary gentlemen
See that humankind is you
Like all the rest, down to

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items