Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Obscurus Books ~ NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:36 pm
User Image

Nestled deep within Diagon Alley lays Obscurus Books. It is a rather small store, like many of it's neighbors, and perhaps centuries old. It fits quite nicely with the rest of the Alley and is familiar to many for it large selection of new and antique books. Obscurus holds any book you could dream of. From muggle children's books, to Hogwarts textbooks. Anyone kind find what they are looking for. This quaint little shop with filled to the rim with any read your heart desires.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

User Image

This store in now in the care of Gardenia Lincoln, a Ravenclaw alumni. You can find her reading most all the time that she is not tending to the books or a customer. She is a quiet woman but will always converse about a good book or help someone find things that fit their fancy.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Each Paperback Book is 1 galleon, 3 sickles, and 7 knuts
Hardcover cost 2 galleons, 4 sickles, and 11 knuts
{Unless Otherwise Specified}

Magical Textbooks

Achievements in Charming (4/4)
Extreme Incantations by Violeta Stitch (3/3)
Quintessence: A Quest (3/3)
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade One to Seven) by Miranda Goshawk (13/13 of each volume) - ten sickles and four knuts
Basic Hexes for the Busy and Vexed (5/5)
A Compendium of Common Curses and Their Counter-Actions (5/5)
Confronting the Faceless (2/3) - 6 sickles
Curses and Counter-Curses by Vindictus Viridian (3/3)
Dark Arts Defence: Basics for Beginners (10/10) - 10 sickles
Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard (3/3) - 10 sickles
The Dark Arts Outsmarted (4/5)
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble (4/4)
Jinxes for the Jinxed (2/5)
Practical Defensive Magic and Its Use Against the Dark Arts (3/3)
Self-Defensive Spellwork (3/6)
Updated Counter-Curse Handbook (Third Revised Edition) (4/6)
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch (10/10)
Guide to Advanced Transfiguration (10/10) - 13 sickles and 10 knuts
Intermediate Transfiguration (10/10) - 10 sickles
Theories of Transubstantial Transfiguration (2/4)
New Theory of Numerology (6/7)
Numerology and Grammatica (7/7)

History

An Anthology of Eighteenth Century Charms (4/4)
A Guide to Medieval Sorcery (2/3) - 8 sickles and 9 knuts
Olde and Forgotten Bewitchments and Charmes by E. Limus (2/3)
Great Wizards of the Twentieth Century (3/3)
Nature's Nobility: A Wizarding Genealogy (3/3)
Notable Magical Names of Our Time (5/5) - 14 sickles
The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts (10/10) - 14 sickles
The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore by Rita Skeeter (5/5) - 10 sickles
Snape: Scoundrel or Saint? by Rita Skeeter (5/5) - 10 sickles
Biography of Harry Potter by Rita Skeeter (10/10) - 10 sickles
Seven-volume work on Harry Potter's life and the Second Wizarding War (3/9) - 3 galleons 12 sickles 5 knuts
The Daughter of a Genius: The Story of Helena Ravenclaw (1/2) - 13 sickles
Hogwarts, A History (10/10) - 1 galleon
Sites of Historical Sorcery (3/4)
World Mythology (2/7)
Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century (4/4)
Important Modern Magical Discoveries (4/4)
Modern Magical History (4/4)
A Study of Recent Developments in Wizardry (2/3)
Advanced Rune Translation (7/7)
Ancient Runes Made Easy (7/7)
Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms (6/6)
Magical Studies (5/5)
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling (6/6)
Spellman's Syllabary (7/7)
Transformation Through the Ages (3/3)
Cooking the Muggle Way by Mordicus Egg (3/4) - 7 sickles 5 knuts
Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles by Wilhelm Wigworthy (4/5)
Muggle 'Law & Order' - Complete Guide (6/6)
The Philosophy of the Mundane: Why the Muggles Prefer Not to Know by Mordicus Egg (2/4)

Scientific

Dragon Breeding for Pleasure and Profit (2/2) - 1 galleon 3 sickles
Dragon Species of Great Britain and Ireland (9/9)
From Egg to Inferno: a Dragon-Keeper's Guide (2/2) - 1 galleon 3 sickles
Men Who Love Dragons Too Much (3/3)
Handbook of Hippogriff Psychology (3/3)
Fowl or Foul? A Study of Hippogriff Brutality (3/5)
Blood Brothers: My Life Amongst the Vampires by Eldred Worple (4/4)
A Vampire's Monologue by Amarillo Lestoat (3/3)
Hairy Snout, Human Heart by anonymous author (3/3)
Hunting Werewolves (3/3)
A Children's Anthology of Monsters (3/3)
Dreadful Denizens of the Deep (2/4)
The Enclopedia of Bat Eyes (3/3)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newton Scamander (13/13) - 10 sickles
Lizard's Claws From Africa (1/2)
The Monster Book of Monsters (10/10 caged) - 1 galleon
Why I Didn't Die When the Augurey Cried by Gulliver Pokeby (2/4)
Encyclopedia of Toadstools (5/7) - 1 galleon 4 sickles
Flesh-Eating Trees of the World - Sixth years only (4/6)
Good Gardens Guide 1990 (4/7)
Goshawk's Guide to Herbology by Miranda Goshawk (10/10)
Ingredient Encyclopedia (13/13) - 1 galleon 4 sickles
Magical Water Plants of the Highland Lochs by Hadrian Whittle (5/5) - 1 galleon
Magical Water Plants of the Mediterranean (4/5) - 1 galleon
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore (13/13) - 1 galleon 4 sickles
Wanderings of a Tree in the Alps (2/3)
Alchemy, Ancient Art and Science by Argo Pyrites (1/3) - 4 galleons
Advanced Potion-Making by Libatius Borage (9/10) - 13 sickles 5 knuts
Asiatic Anti-Venoms (4/7)
Magical Draughts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger (10/10) - 10 sickles
Spell potions by Tim (1/2) - 2 galleons
Broken Balls: When Fortunes Turn Foul (2/3)
Death Omens: What to Do When You Know the Worst is Coming (5/5) - 3 galleons
Predicting the Unpredictable: Insulate Yourself Against Shocks (5/5) - 12 sickles
The Dream Oracle by Inigo Imago (10/10) - 13 sickles
Unfogging the Future by Cassandra Vablatsky (7/7) - 12 sickles
Common Magical Ailments and Afflictions (13/13) - 8 sickles 4 knuts
The Healer's Helpmate (5/5)
The Basics of Wandlore (2/3) - 8 galleons

Other

Chidren's Books

Fairy Tails Collection (5/6)
Magic Storybook (6/6)
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by Beedle the Bard (6/6)
The Toadstool Tales by Beatrix Bloxam (6/6)

Quidditch

The Beaters' Bible by Brutus Scrimgeour (6/6)
Beating the Bludgers - A Study of Defensive Strategies in Quidditch by Kennilworthy Whisp (6/10)
Flying with the Cannons (1/2)
The Noble Sport of Warlocks by Quintius Umfraville (3/4)
Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp (10/10)
Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland (5/5)
The Wonder of Wigtown Wanderers by Kennilworthy Whisp (1/2)

Transportation

Handbook of Do-It-Yourself Broomcare (4/4)
Which Broomstick? (5/5 per issue)
A Fully Illustrated History of the Flying Carpet (2/2)

Revision Guides

Cram It!: How to Soar on Your O.W.L.s (14/20) - 3 galleons
W.O.M.B.A.T. Revision Guide (17/20) - 3 galleons

Cooking and Housecare

Enchantment in Baking (4/4)
One Minute Feasts - It's Magic! (6/6)
Practical Household Magic by Zamira Gulch (5/5)

Muggle Fiction

Adventures of Huckleberry Fin ~ Mark Twain
The Scarlet Pimpernel ~ Baroness Emma Orczy
Jane Eyre ~ Charlotte Brontë
Sense and Sensibility ~ Jane Austen
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland ~ Lewis Carroll
The Collected Works of Edgar Allen Poe
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes ~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Collected Works of William Shakespeare
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight ~ Jennifer E. Smith
Mansfield Park ~ Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice ~ Jane Austen
Emma ~ Jane Austen
The Hobbit ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
Redwall Series Pack ~ Brian Jacques
To Kill A Mockingbird ~ Harper Lee
A Separate Peace ~John Knowles
Romeo and Juliet ~ William Shakespeare
The Fellowship of the Rings ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
The Two Towers ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
The Return of the King ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
Holes ~ Louis Sachar
Little Women ~ Louisa May Alcott
Frankenstein ~ Mary Shelley
Scarlet Letter ~ Nathaniel Hawthorne
The Count of Monte Cristo ~ Auguste Maquet
The Diary of a Young Girl ~ Anne Frank
Northanger Abbey ~ Jane Austen
The Three Musketeers ~ Alexandre Dumas
Le Fantome de l'Opera ~ Gaston Leroux
Robinson Crusoe ~ Daniel Defoe

If you don't see what you're looking for see the owner, she will check in the back or can see about ordering the book for you.

User Image

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:59 pm
{Reserved}

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:19 pm
𝕲𝔞𝔟𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔩 ♞ 𝕸𝔬𝔫𝔱𝔞𝔤𝔲𝔢
𝔓ureblood, 𝔖lytherin 𝔄lumni
ℌead 𝔬f ℑmproper 𝔘se 𝔬f 𝔐agic

User Image

”Oh, erm, eh, yes,” he murmured somewhat sheepishly, long fingers pushing himself up right and then curling gently in Germaine’s, using her anchored stability to pick himself up off the floor. The crimson color was slowly draining from his ivory features and he swiped his hands across his clothes shaking away any dust. A crooked smile awkwardly wormed onto his lips as he met her gaze. ”Ah, well... It’s been a while since I’ve last, err, tripped-- I gues I was due.” He tried to muse, but the light hearted tone ended out coming flat and matter-of-factly. He tried to brush off the tragic event by reverting the conversation back to it’s original flow.

”So, wait, I remember that! Well, the smell anyway, it lingered almost all the way down the dungeons, I heard mates complain about that smell for weeks.” A bare chuckle fluttered under his breath. ”Experimental lectures, must have been difficult to handle, analyzation at every instance. My parents are quite the perfectionist themselves....

“And as for work, I can’t lie, I’ve gotten distracted too many times to count rummaging through old paperwork; it’s like the secrets of history that you can’t find in any textbook.”
                      He chuckled, and, in the corner of his eye, he thought he saw a flurrish of movement. His peripherals had always been keen (paranoia went along way with him.) That’s how he noticed that they weren’t alone and someone else was in the store with them, but he hadn’t seen who it was. Just a wisp of brunette hair that had dash behind an aisle. Somehow, he couldn’t help but feel a connection of familiarity. Still, he decidedly turned to Germaine and offered the slightest smile. ”So, I.... I was wondering... I was about to go to the Lotus Tea Shop... Would you, um, like to... join me..?”

╔══════════════╗
Height: 6’1” ♞ Weight: 159lbs ♞ Age: 27
Stepping out of the Shell.
╚══════════════╝

The Forgotten Weasley

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:37 pm
I don't like WALKING around this OLD and EMPTY HOUSE
So HOLD my HAND, I'll WALK with you, my DEAR
The stairs CREAK as I SLEEP, it's KEEPING me AWAKE
It's the HOUSE telling you to CLOSE your EYES
There's an OLD VOICE in my HEAD that's HOLDING me BACK
Well TELL her that I MISS our LITTLE TALKS
SOON it will be OVER and BURIED with our PAST
We used to PLAY OUTSIDE when we were YOUNG and full of LIFE and full of LOVE

User Image
Madam Germaine Dyan Umber
Former Hufflepuff
Muggleborn
company- Gabriel
location- Obscurus Books
reading- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
wearing- out and about

Germaine shrugged. "Floors. They're tricky." There was only a hint of humor in her tone, it was almost as matter of fact as his own. She'd slipped on numerous flat surfaces over the years, and well past the awkward teenage stage of life at that. By Merlin's beard, she was nearly 30 now. Shouldn't she be gaining some extra wisdom? Preferably about the male gender? He'd stopped blushing now, she noted, and was almost sad to see it go. It looked sort of... cute. She'd always thought that when particularly pale people blushed. Her own skin was too dark for any redness to be very visible, unless it was makeup, and she didn't wear much of that. When was the last time she'd even worn any? Germaine felt like she should know, as a grown woman, but she didn't.

"Slytherin, then?" she guessed, well more assumed, since he was talking about the dungeons and only one house was situated there. "I'm so pleased I left a lasting impression." she said wryly. Even now the smell of vinegar was enough to make her cringe. Sometimes she didn't regret having graduated Hogwarts. She was still there, after all. Had never really left. "Professors aren't easy to have as parents," she agreed. "I think I was a learning experience for them. Only child and all. I was probably spoiled rotten, looking back." Her parents had been older than most when they had her, and university positions paid well. She hadn't lived among riches, but they'd made sure whatever she wanted, she eventually got. Luckily she'd been too oblivious to notice it.

His parents were perfectionists? In what ways? High expectations? Hers had always wanted her to be a professor, but she'd much rather be managing a library than teaching classes. The students would be running circles around her. At least in the library she mostly got the quiet, well mannered ones. Mostly.

"That's a good kind of distraction, then," she said decidedly, and thought she heard footsteps but didn't turn to look. It just meant there was some other life in this book shop, which was probably a good thing. She straightened up as he turned to her, because she'd been unconsciously slouching a bit. Her grip on her book tightened a little as he tentatively broached a question, and her smile was instantaneous. A date? Was this a date? Ohgoodnesswhatifthiswasadate? No. Germaine, calm down. He is not interested anything other than a friendly chat over tea. This is not a date.

Still, something inside her was jumping for joy, and she nodded vigorously. "That sounds... I mean... Yes. Yes I would like that very much." she finally got out, and backed up a few paces, still smiling a terribly dorky smile, and distractedly counted out the correct sum for the book she had intended to buy all along, leaving it on the counter almost in a daze. She put the book in her bag. "Ready." You sound like such a weirdo..... Shut up.

Without LIBRARIANS, what do we HAVE? No PAST and no FUTURE.

((exit to Lotus Tea Shop?))

Essy ze Ninja

You're GONE AWAY
I WATCHED you DISAPPEAR
ALL that's LEFT is the GHOST of YOU
Now we're TORN APART
There's NOTHING we can DO
Just LET me GO we'll MEET again SOON
Now WAIT for ME, please HANG AROUND
I'll SEE you when I FALL ASLEEP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:34 pm
User Image
Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Dᴀᴛɪɴɢ Lʏʀᴇ Lᴜᴛʀɪx

User Image

I got a lot of things I have to do
                                                              All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon
                                                              We're being pulled a hundred different directions
                                                              But whatever happens I know I've got you

Mood : Tired
                                                              Thinking : How in Merlin’s beard am I gonna fix this?
                                                              Doing : Putting the books back, failed, and is now sitting down
                                                              Where : Obscurus Books
                                                              With : No one

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Fishing out his glasses carefully from his pocket, Xavier wiped the lens with the end of his shirt, putting it on after finished wiping it cleanly. He stood in front of one of the bookstores in Diagon Alley: Obscurus Books. Xanthus, his father, always said that he shouldn’t always buy from Flourish and Blotts, and that he try Whizz Hard Books and Obscurus too. Thinking that he should try the latter, he wandered around Diagon Alley until herE he was. Standing ahead of the store. Finally remembering that he was gonna buy more books, he pushed the door open and walked inside, already blinking at the number of books the store had. The bookshelves contained books of various sizes, and as he walked around more, he realized that the books were stacked according to their… uhh, category? Shrugging his shoulders, the Gryffindor roamed around some more, stopping a few times to check a book he found interesting (and maybe some books he would give to Lyre in case they bump into each other today).

A couple of minutes passed and now the male had Common Magical Ailments and Afflictions, Cram It!: How to Soar on Your O.W.L.s, Frankenstein, and Great Wizards of the Twentieth Century on his arms. Bumping into a desk with some piles of books, he muttered an apology, then placed the four books he was carrying down. Feeling his shoulders aching, he tried to loosen it by rolling it, only to regret his decision. His elbow hit a set of books, which sent some falling, and others flying. “Uh-ohhh.“ Rushing over to pick up the fallen books, he ended up knocking other stacked ones. ”No-no-no-no-no–oof!” Chasing over one book—which was miraculously rolling on the floor—his foot got caught up on yet another stack of books. So, yeah, he fell on his face with books all around him. Sitting up, he rubbed his nose and heaved a sigh. ”Well, obviously I only make things messier. So I guess I’ll just wait here and not move,” he decided, sighing again.

You're in my mind your in my heart
                                                              It doesn't matter where we are
                                                              It'll be alright
                                                              Even if we're miles apart

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

All I wanna do is be with you, be with you
                                                              There's nothing we can do
                                                              Just wanna be with you; only you
                                                              No matter where life takes us nothing can break us apart
                                                              You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:59 pm
User Image

I've been awake for a while nowYou've got me feelin' like a child now
'Cause every time I see your bubbly faceI get the tingles in a silly place
The rain is falling on my window paneBut we are hiding in a safer place
Under covers staying safe and warmYou give me feelings that I adore

Lyre walked up the street, eyes wide. She glanced at Obscurus, just in time to see a huge tower of books tumble to the floor. The teen hurried in and sank to her knees, quickly picking up the books and carefully returning them to the table, using her skill at playing Jenga to correctly stack them. After she had finished, she looked at the person who had knocked them down, ready to tell them off, but they were sitting in the floor, looking rather upset. A small smile graced her face, then the young lady carefully sat on the floor beside him, then lay her cheek against his shoulder. "You know," she started, her voice quiet. "I'm supposed to be the adorably clumsy one in this relationship." She looked up at Xavier, smiling a bit bigger. Her bright eyes were full of happiness at this unexpected meeting, which she may or may not have been secretly dreaming of all summer. She leaned over a bit and kissed his cheek, then swiped his glasses. Her nimble fingers scrubbed the lenses against her skirt, then slid them back on the boy's face. "There now. Are you okay?"

And it starts in my toesMakes me crinkle my noseWherever it goesI always know
That you make me smilePlease stay for a whileNow just take your timeWherever you go
Dada dumdudum dumdadadadadumOhbodododododododum mmm mmm
I always know'Cause you make me smileEven just for a while  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:40 am
User Image

User Image

All these distractions
                                                              Our futures coming soon

Mood : Dorky?
                                                              Thinking : How I love this girl beside me right now so much
                                                              Doing : Nothing much
                                                              With : Lyre

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX He could only hear his steady breathing and footsteps of the people on the streets; that’s how quiet Obscurus Books became after the continuously sound of the books hitting the floor. Shifting his legs so he ended up on an Indian-sit position, Xavier placed his elbow near his knee and rested his chin on his palm. Dust nearly covered him, and even though he wanted to brush the it off, he didn’t. Because he might cause another series of books to fall when he tried to. Looking at the mess he made, it earned a frown from the fifth year.

Just as he was about to pick a copy of Romeo and Juliet, the door flew open and a silhouette entered, rather hurriedly, sank to his/her knees, and started picking up the fallen books and stacking them back to their proper place. Xavier blinked rapidly through the dust fogging up his vision. Wiping his glasses a bit, he finally saw who entered. Red hair. Bright violet eyes. ”Lyre…” He breathed, a smile already forming on his lips. Blue eyes fell on the cupcake necklace hanging on her neck. It was his gift. It made his smile wider, and even made heat rise to his cheeks.

Then she smiled. Only then did he knew that she finally found out who caused a wreck to Obscurus. Then she sat beside him and laid her cheek on his shoulder. Then said that she was supposed to be the one clumsy in their relationship. “W-well, we could take turns,“ he flushed, smiling sheepishly at her. Then violet eyes clashed with blue as they looked at each other. Then he felt her lips on his cheek, and he reddened another layer. His heart skipping a beat, he planted a soft, quick, chaste kiss on her lips. He grinned dorkily again. Then in a gentle movement, his glasses were on her hands, and she was rubbing the lens against her skirt. He wondered if she would get mad since his glasses were just so… dirty at the time. His lips parted, but before he could say a word, his glasses were already sliding back on his face. ”Mhm,” he nodded. ”I can see you better now. You’ve become prettier since the last time I saw you,” he added, smiling sincerely. ”Besides, knowing that you’re here beside me right now just made everything better.”

It'll be alright

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

You know its true,
                                                              I just wanna be with you

Miss GryffindorK

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:56 pm
User Image

Lyre grinned at Xavier's suggestion to share being clumsy. "As long as I don't have to be coordinated, because I just don't think I can." She giggled lightly, eyes bright. After his glasses were clean, the boy complimented her, making her cheeks turn rosy. "No different from last time we saw each other, except... oh!" she pulled her hair back, showing her ears, which looked to be a pinkish-red color at the bottom. "I got my ears pierced last week! Isn't that neat!" She grinned again, then snuggled back against Xavier's arm. After a few seconds, she stood carefully, offering out a hand to the boy. "Let's get out of the floor, okay? I was wanting to look around in here anyway!" She didn't mention the books she had previously purchased at the other shop down the street, but figured it was always nice to browse bookstores, particularly in company of such a charming young man as she had.

That you make me smilePlease stay for a whileNow just take your timeWherever you go

IceGrayWolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:19 am
User Image

User Image

All these distractions
                                                      Our futures coming soon

Mood : Honest and Curious
                                                      Thinking : Hmmm, what if I ask Lyre the whole plot of it, in case she already read it…
                                                      Doing : Reading
                                                      With : Lyre

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ”Deal,” Xavier grinned, his eyes doing the same. She’s so cute… He couldn’t help but think as she blushed from his compliment. Though when she said that she was no different from the last time they say each other, his brows shot up as his eyes widened. ”No different?” He blinked again before continuing, ”Lyre, you are the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world. You become more and more attractive every time I see you,” he admitted, looking at her eyes. But her little ‘oh!’ caught him off guard. He almost knocked another tower of books. Then he grinned sheepishly again as he looked back at her, just enough time to see her ear. ”Woaaaaah. It looks like it hurt… big time…

“But it’s still pretty wicked,”
                                                      he added grinning back at her. Then they sat there for… gods, for how long, he didn’t really know. It was just minutes, but it seemed like hours. Having her beside him, it just has an effect on him. Like time slowed down a million times. Then, he felt her move up. He looked up and saw her, her hand outstretched. ”Sure,” he answered as he took her hand and stood up.

“Say, do you know Romeo and Juliet?“ He asked as he picked up the copy he had found before, inspecting it, his blue eyes filled with curiosity. ”Probably romance, right?” he asked, not looking up. ”I wonder if it’s good…” He pushed his glasses up his nose once more before opening the book. Then he started to read the first page. He looked up from the book and gave another smile to Lyre.

It'll be alright

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ: I'm sorry it took a while >.<

You know its true,
                                                      I just wanna be with you

Miss GryffindorK

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:23 am
User Image

Lyre blushed at Xavier's compliment, honestly caught off guard. "I'm not anything extraordinary. I'm just plain old me. Though, I must admit, it feels nice to have you say such a sweet thing about me." She tucked her hair behind her ears, smiling brightly. "It hurt a little, but it's okay now. I have a few months before I'm supposed to try changing them, though." She nodded, a bright smile on her face.

After they stood, he asked about a certain play that piqued his interest, she grinned. "I do happen to know the play. It was written as a comedy by William Shakespeare. He wrote it to tease the supposed 'love' of naive people such as the two fools, Romeo and Juliet. Their families, the Capulets and Montagues hated each other, and, as you can guess, didn't want Romeo and Juliet to have anything to do with each other. So, they tried to be secret about it and failed. It resulted in six, I believe, deaths and many tragedies. It's quite an exciting read... provided you're good with Shakespearean English." Her voice picked up speed part way through her synopsis of the play, showing clear excitement in the topic. She noticed Xavier reading a bit, so she bounced on her toes, hoping he'd find the same love of Shakespearean literature as she herself heralded.

IceGrayWolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:19 pm
User Image

Alasdair Douglas Findlay
Twenty-One~Muggleborn

User Image

Alasdair crept into the shop, nervous for once in his life. He'd been dreaming of a job at a place like this since his first breath, and he had heard the place was hiring. He needed something to keep him and his brother Thane afloat beyond Will money, and this was a good way to do that. Looking around, he fought back a heart attack. He had been here before, and had always loved the array of universes stacked on the shelves. He had to remind himself several times that this was job search, not a shopping spree. Self-control, he thought to himself. Self-control.
"Hello? I was wondering if I could speak to someone about the possibility of an employeeship?" Employeeship wasn't a word. Why was he so nervous. Dammit.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Wearing

Kai Sparrowheart

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:45 pm
User Image

Gardenia sat in the backroom, searching her way through the mountains of books that surrounded her. She had owned this store for a few months now and had loved every minute of it but there was a bad side to it, as with everything. She knew nothing about running a store, or keeping tidy for that matter. The store of always heaped with piles of books in every direction. Or at least it seemed that way to her. It was getting a tad ridiculous. Also here in this store her clutzy side tended to come out. She had tripped so many times it wasn't even remotely funny. She pushed aside another stack of book, looking for an order that someone had order the day before. She sighed a blew a hair from her face. Just as she was about to give up she heard the familiar sound of the bell, signaling someone had entered the shop. She quickly picked up another stack of books that needed to be shelved later and headed out into the heart of her store. There before her was a young man, maybe five or six years her junior. She smiled politely at him trying to absorb the words he had spoken before she had entered. She walked toward the counter, trying to put the books down but before she even had a chance her foot caught on an uneven part of the wooden floor. She began to tumble, she caught herself easily enough but the books did not have the same fate. Instead the entire stack crashed to the floor with a loud bang. Old habits die hard. She looked at the books for a moment then back at the man. "Hi, I'm Gardenia" She said, stretching out the now free hand, pretending if books just happen to end up on the floor everyday. Which here they kind of did.

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:33 pm
User Image

Alasdair Douglas Findlay
Twenty-One~Muggleborn

User Image

Alasdair looked around for a few moments before he heard footsteps coming from the back of the shop. Perking up, he craned his neck to see who was approaching. The woman looked nice, and he smiled. It didn't seem like she would be an evil boss, assuming he got the job. He almost asked if she needed help carrying the books, but then they fell to the floor and a hand was presented to him. He grinned and shook her hand, glancing at the books. "Hello, I'm Alasdair Findlay. I'm excited to be here," he said anxiously, eventually letting go and turning to look back at the books. He bent to pick them up, which was a bit awkward logistically, but he stood back up with the stack in his hands.
"So, uh, I was wondering if I could interview for an assistant position here, if you're hiring? I love books and I have no life that gets in the way," he said sheepishly.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Wearing

Kai Sparrowheart

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:17 am
User Image
                                                  Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                  Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                  Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                  Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                  I don't ever wanna be

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

ɹɐǝʎ ɥʇxıS |ᛗ| ɹǝʞɐɯǝlqnoɹ⊥ puɐ ɹǝʇsʞuɐɹԀ |ᛗ| ɹopuıɟɟʎɹƃ

════════════════════════

Luke wandered the aisles of the bookstore, trying to figure out which ones he would need for classes. Now that OWLs were over with, he had to find which books his new classes were using. Which left him curious as to how they would be. He eyed the defensive books, thinking they would be useful against certain members of his own family. That, and he needed to pick up some more texts on muggles. Being eleven years out of date with muggle technology had shown to the former orphan, and he needed to really study it.

He passed by the muggle works and frowned, looking at the titles. Many he had never read before, and Luke found himself suddenly wanting to. Taking one of the books, he settled himself in to gloss it over before deciding to buy it. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn seemed interesting enough to the redhead, and well, it couldn't be too bad, could it? Soon he was engrossed in tales of a young boy who seemed to cause mischief wherever he turned, and Luke couldn't help but chuckle. This kid seemed a lot like him, right down to the fact he even got caught often enough to be in real trouble. He was going to have to get this book for sure.

════════════════════════
                                                  State: Amused
                                                  OOC: ...

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

You, don't wanna be just like you
What I'm sayin' is
This is the anthem
Throw all your hands up
You, don't wanna be you

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items