Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
4 Edition, The Garden; Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:09 am
It is Christmas time, and I will try to finish this before the New Year. I will be using Rain's Coliseum as a base line, but trying to put my own spin on it.

[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

No one knows how long the Garden has stood, the earliest Devaian and Dragonborn records says it was found nearly 10 millennia ago, though they disagree who found it first. Though the tribes disagree, The Van Grand'e family now holds the Garden use the holy building as a battle ground, scars of countless battles now adorn the walls. It is the one location where King and peasants have equal footing and a fair chance at victory.

The Van Grande's champions, Thriving Fury, have held the title for the last 80 years. And the family had said, and repeated at every challenger's event, that if Thriving Fury ever falls, the family would give the Garden to the victor... Do you have what it takes?

[ Setting Information/Background ]

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
The player will create a two man team. His/her team will then group up with a second player to accomplish their current task. Each task the paired teams will change, if we have more than just two teams. Or facing each other in a team verses team battle, should players wish to try PVP.

You can give your team a name, if you don't it will take the default name of your character's first names... like; The Team of Rayne and Eric.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: See House rule 1.
Banned Resources: Anything, not of House rule 1

ECL: 5
Gold: 900 Yellow metal shines, a Level 4, Level 5 and Level 6 Magic Item
Races: See House rule 1
Ability Scores*: 18d6 Dice pool
xxxxxxxxxx*
The point equivalent(if you add all your numbers together) of 70 or below, can take a reroll without my consent.
Alignments: Open.
Pantheon: Open
Backgrounds: Not really needed, but I love to read them.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] I have access to: Player's Handbook 1, 2, and 3, Martial Power 1 and 2, Arcane Power, Divine Power, Primal Power, Psionic Power, Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, Adventurer's Vault, Adventurer's Vault 2, and Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium. But, do to my limited time online, and don't want to spend my off-line time looking up seventeen things per character, I ask that each character only pull from a two books total, equipment is free of this rule. Do put down where your found the item/power/feat/etc.
2] If one of your character's die in combat, and the second still lives, you can spend the market price of the Raise dead ritual to bring them back, or if you have know the ritual pay the component price. Other wise, your team will be on hold until you can make an other level 5 character, as long as your living character is heroic tier, level 11 for Paragon, and 21 Epic. If both players fall, the player is free to build another team. The likely hood of one or both character's falling increases with each level. Best of luck smile
3] Stealing Rain's rule number 7 and 8

Quote:
7.) After each battle, every participating player will gain the following benefits:
All their HPs will be restored to maximum. (Exception, if one or both character's fall in combat.)
Their Encounter powers (and items providing Encounter effects) will be restored.
They also gain an action point.
All ammo/thrown weapons/dropped or damaged equipment will be restored/replenished/repaired. Expendables such as potions and the such are not.

8.) After each battle, every participating player THAT SURVIVES will gain ONE of the following benefits, of their choice:
Restore all their healing surges
Restore all their Daily powers (and items providing Daily effects). Wizards may alter their prepared Daily/Utility spells with this option.
Re-equip their character with the standard starting equipment for a character of their new level (and replacing their item Daily effects as well).
Retrain their character. They must keep their Race, Class, and Equipment, but any other class-related features and feats may be switched, as well as swapping ability scores around. Powers of the respective levels remain expended. You cannot retrain any powers or feats by leveling, since you do not have the time to do so.
Gain another action point.

And add to it, the prize money for that round, that can be saved or spent on any thing the player wishes.

4] I reserve the right to add more, if needed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:11 am
Reserved  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:25 pm
Fun fact!

The Coliseum had a subplot going on - the arena staff was using the Coliseum as a front to cause gross amounts of death in an effort to summon Orcus into the realm! If any parties made it until the end, Orcus was more or less "the final boss"!

But that's history now. I suggest having a subplot on your own, and you can use that to help name it.

Also, look up synonyms for Coliseum, or similar outlets in other cultures and steal their word for it for your own nefarious purposes!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:41 pm
Plan to, just still in the works on what that subplot would be.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:14 pm
So as players, we have 2 PCs, and we'll rotate which other player we're teamed up with for each round?

Also, "18d6 Dice pull" = what exactly?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:21 am
Rain Yupa
So as players, we have 2 PCs, and we'll rotate which other player we're teamed up with for each round?

Also, "18d6 Dice pull" = what exactly?

yes, this is if we get more than two people, I thought it would be a nice twist... though more work on player's side.

Pool, not pull, sorry... sweatdrop  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:33 pm
So 18d6 per character, and we divvy up the results however we want?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:41 pm
Rain Yupa
So 18d6 per character, and we divvy up the results however we want?

That's what i'm going off of, which makes the rolling a little less painful really. At least in my opinion x3  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Rain Yupa rolled 18 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 1, 5, 6, 4, 3, 3, 5, 1, 5, 5, 3, 2, 4, 1, 3, 1 Total: 57 (18-108)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:22 pm
Well, first character...

1, 1, 1 = 3
1, 1, 2 = 4
5, 5, 6 = 16
5, 5, 4 = 14
4, 4, 3 = 11
3, 3, 3 = 9  
Rain Yupa rolled 18 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 5, 4, 1, 4, 4, 1, 5, 5, 2, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 4, 3 Total: 57 (18-108)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:23 pm
Not so promising...

Second character!

EDIT: Really? Same total twice?

1, 1, 1 = 3
5, 5, 5 = 15
2, 2, 2 = 6
2, 3, 3 = 8
4, 4, 4 = 12
4, 4, 5 = 13  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:37 pm
Yeah, anything I come up with is so grossly beneath point buy it's making the characters unusable.

Since we're doing 18d6, can I at least request a Total Minimum that warrants rerolls if you roll below that point? Standard Array is 76 points, if you want a reference (of at least how bad I rolled). Maybe 70?

If I'm stuck with what I got, then I'll still play. I just haven't decided which attributes I'll purposely sink yet. I've always been a fan of Intelligence 3 for a PC.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:46 am
I'll see if I can't think of some background for these two at some point in time, but for now, here is my team.

Surina - Dragonborn Paladin and Leucis - Teifling Warlock  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:57 pm
Redacted  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:29 pm
I'm in. I'll have characters tomorrow  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kain Almasi rolled 18 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 3, 3, 5, 6, 5, 3, 4, 5, 1, 3, 5, 4, 1, 5, 4, 3 Total: 65 (18-108)

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:33 pm
So let's see Gaia let me down on the dice.
8, 14, 12, 9, 10, 12. So yeah looking like a low power game.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff