Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art Trade Center

Back to Guilds

Art trades, collaborations and WIPs! All artists welcome! 

Tags: art trades, art requests, critique, hobby, collaboration 

Reply Art Trades: Art for Art
Needing opinions please (:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like chibi art?
  Yes! The cuter the better
  I don't mind them
  Different styles tickle my fancy
  Nope
View Results

Flaurel

Shy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:49 pm
Firstly~ Do people still like Chibi art?
I love drawing chibis and would (at some point) like to open up a shop, but it seems a lot of peoples aren't very interested in cute little cheebs anymore, compared to when I first joined gaia many years ago (sadly my art skills weren't good enough back then to open up a mini shop xp)

I tried opening one at the start of the year but seemed to get a really bad response /:, so I've since given up but now i'm wanting YOUR opinions (:

Secondly~ I need some help pricing my art!

As I said above i'm thinking if opening an art shop, just grabbing some more samples and alas the age old question has arisen; what do I charge for my art?
I haven't started a mini shop in a long time and of course prices have changed from back then.

So if you don't mind lending a hand, how much would I charge for these? (coloured and line art)

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image

Cheers emotion_yatta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:41 am
yum_puddi  

Flaurel

Shy Kitten

Rooke

Destruction

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:26 pm
AliceMyMuse
yum_puddi

1. Yes. Chibis are super popular and sell like hotcakes. They're the easiest to sell imo as most buyers aren't looking for realistic/nonanime styles usually.

I suggest hiring bumpers and advertising your shop more to get more customers ^^

2. Tbh gold has plummeted as of late so I'm not sure on the pricing either. A temp bribe shop/quick auction would give you a decent range of how much people will pay.

Hope that helps!  
Art Trades: Art for Art

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff