So I've been doing some independent thinking about Christianity. Obviously, this isn't me questioning Christ so much as me trying to square other principles, such as evolution, into a Christian viewpoint.

The conclusion I've personally come to is this: the Bible is the ultimate source of truth. What I question are theologians.

We can all agree here that God is infallible. Thus, his book, the Bible, must too be fallible. That being said, theologians, being imperfect and fallible humans, can get it wrong. Theologians, unable to test their theories, rely on logic and intuition for guesswork. Then, perhaps, some guesswork becomes the basis of others. The farther up this chain you go, the less likely that its the truth.

Simply put, the question I have concluded is: how do we know how much of what is accepted theology, beyond the words of the Bible, is actually true?

I can't answer it in completion. That being said, what can be explained harkens back to a time where science and Christianity were not enemies, but science was seen as a tool to further our understanding of the world God created.

Today, you do see some efforts to fit science into Christianity. For example, there are theories that the tale of Genesis was an allegorical tale (after all, we do know that the Bible is fond of allegories), particularly that the seven days weren't literal (what is seven days to a truly timeless being such as God? And lets face it, God might not have wanted to draw the process out, and we all know that if God had truly wanted to he, could have willed everything into existence in an uncomprehendingly small space of what we would consider to be time) and that the seven days could represent the stages of the world's history.

And to be honest, while the Bible is a book meant for all time, there's only so much that people of that era could understand, and its entirely possible that God intentionally worded it that way, understanding human limitations perfectly.

My proposal is to regrasp science as a means to understand God's creation, but as a way to confirm and deny theories by theologians about their interpretation of the Bible, where appropriate. God did create a world we could, from my point of view at least, largely comprehend.

What do you all think about my theory?