Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
***Witch on Trial - OOC*** Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ashleita_roseita

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:04 pm
Witch on Trial

Plot

The Salem witch trials were an iconic moment in history where a group of small girls condemned several people that signed the devils book and had dark plans for the town. It is thought that all the witches/wizards had been executed, along with several innocent people, but what they were unaware of was that one of the girls had also signed the devils book and was doing the other witches bidding. Years later that girl grew older and continued her family line, passing on her craft to other generations. Someday one of the descendants of that family will be chosen to bring back the witches of Salem allowing for them to seek revenge against descendants of the families that persecuted them and also to finish what they started long ago.

Sarah Evans, who lives only 11 hours away from Salem, takes art classes at the community college. She is seemingly an ordinary girl living an ordinary life, but one day she finds a spell book on her desk and quickly learns that she has a very extraordinary gift. She soon finds out that having this gift comes with a price and along the way she runs into a few witch hunters who make it their mission to take her down and stop her from potentially bringing an evil power into the world.

All OOC discussions will be posted bellow. Feel free to share any ideas you have!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:24 pm
Hello everyone. I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ashley and I am currently a college student. If you didn't already know I love to write and I especially love interacting with other very talented writers as well.

Also just a heads up I am going to put up an introductory post and once your characters have been accepted you are welcome to post as well. I encourage everyone who is apart of this RP to stay up to date on which characters are doing what, meaning even if your character isn't interacting with other characters at the moment and your not posting I want you to read previous posts so you can see past events in the story.

I will also be posting periodic summaries of what happened so far in the roleplay in this thread so if you don't fully understand what happened, it will be here for you to go over.

I really look forward to roleplaying with you all and I can't wait to hear all of your guy's great ideas and collaboration with the story! Post all ideas you have in this thread and lets get on roleplaying! smile  

ashleita_roseita

ashleita_roseita

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:32 pm
I see that everyone who has joined the roleplay is now participating and getting this story rolling and I'm very excited. We have very nice characters which I can't wait to develop even further throughout the story.

As of now I am going to be closing the thread to any other roleplayers since we seem to be at a pretty good balance. I also wanted to let you all know that I do plan on making at least 2 more characters when the time comes and I encourage for you guys to do the same.

Also I encourage death in this roleplay (kind of strange for me to be saying this, haha sweatdrop ). An idea I had was that to bring a salem witch back to the human world there has to be a sacrifice...see where this is going?

Once again I encourage all of you to post any ideas you may have in this thread and also to introduce yourself and get to know the other roleplayers you are writing with. I would like to see a lot more activity in this thread.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:54 pm
ashford211994

When it comes to Emily (The Lady Reaper), I like her character, and I already know her roleplaying style as I'm in another roleplay with her ["Ripples in Reality" - found in the 1x1 section].  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Divine Donator 100

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Well, guess I better put myself out there then. My name is MacKenzi, usually go by Kenzi , Lady, or Reaper. I've been roleplaying for about nine years ((I got started early obviously), I'm 19.Still in high school and taking a few college courses online for literature, history and art.I guess you could call me reserved most of the time.Also, I'm a bit of a history nut >< At least when it's something I'm interested in.

Also, as Ryu said, I'm in another rp with him and he's kept me entertained so far, and his character Michael seems right up to par with his normal thing.

Side note: For those of you who do not know, in my recent post Baltane was mentioned.It's the pagan, or Wicca Planting Festival.Normally held on April 30 through May 1 or between the spring equinox and summer solstice depending on weather.It marks the beginning of the the season, where live stock and crops are blessed.And more often than not, weddings take place as well with a few blessing over children to ensure safety and proper growth in the coming year.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:02 am
UPDATE

So far the characters have been introduced to one another and we have some plot developing.
So far we found out that my character Sarah has been avoiding her old friend Emily as a precaution to avoid using magic and we also know there have been a few accidents due to her use of magic.
Gerard works at the bar and is doing research on the residents of the town and seems to have an interest is looking up Sarah.
Micheal is back in town and started a musical career. He bonded some with Emily and offered to help with the festival.  

ashleita_roseita

ashleita_roseita

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:12 am
Sarah's accidents:

1. Her sophomore year in high school while she was at party on the beach with a bon-fire, she was using her magic secretively to help bring the bon-fire to a suitable flame, but it went out of control. Some of the high school students that were near the fire got severe burns.

2. Her Junior year in high school during summer she was practicing a glamour spell and was unaware that the spell was being derived from a person close by. The person was sent to the hospital for a stroke (which were strange because the person was too young to have a stroke that severe), but the effects were due to Sarah accessing that persons life source to do the spell.

3. Her senior year her friend had gotten very sick and she attempted to heal him. To heal him she had to get her power from a life source. She unknowingly used his mother as a power source and murdered her to save her friend.

All of these incidents were reported in the news paper as tragic accidents, but no one suspected that it was Sarah who caused any of this.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:21 am
I have a quick question. Would Micheal like to start getting into wicca while he is hanging around Emily? He can find out through Emily that his sister is a witch and that he is a wizard as well.  

ashleita_roseita

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:22 am
ashford211994
I have a quick question. Would Micheal like to start getting into wicca while he is hanging around Emily? He can find out through Emily that his sister is a witch and that he is a wizard as well.

That wouldn't hurt; he knows of Wicca, but doesn't know that much about it.
I had the idea that Michael and Sarah had birthmarks that they unconsciously forgot about that were on certain parts of their body, though it isn't necessary.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:34 pm
Kaosujin Ryu
Shalmond
ashford211994

As a heads up for everyone, I'll be introducing Emily's grand mother either in this post or the next, depending on when her profile is accepted.Also the Michael thing would be pretty cool, though it might add a bit of humor if he found out by accident that she'd a witch.  

The Lady Reaper

Surefire Alchemist

ashleita_roseita

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:24 pm
Kaosujin Ryu
ashford211994

That wouldn't hurt; he knows of Wicca, but doesn't know that much about it.
I had the idea that Michael and Sarah had birthmarks that they unconsciously forgot about that were on certain parts of their body, though it isn't necessary.

Well im trying to say is that I think it would make for an interesting story if Micheal has completely no idea that Emily and Sarah are witches and he will find out sooner or later and want to practice wicca as well. It's up to you though.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:27 pm
The Lady Reaper
Kaosujin Ryu
Shalmond
ashford211994

As a heads up for everyone, I'll be introducing Emily's grand mother either in this post or the next, depending on when her profile is accepted.Also the Michael thing would be pretty cool, though it might add a bit of humor if he found out by accident that she'd a witch.

I agree!  

ashleita_roseita

Shalmond

Dapper Businessman

3,450 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:15 pm
I was considering the idea of Gerard eventually, I don't know when, would find out about Sarah, Emily, and Michael practicing witchcraft.I was thinking of it happening late in the story.Also I wanted to bring in a wizard character, but I couldn't think of any ways to bring one in that fit.

ashford211994
Kaosujin Ryu
The Lady Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:18 pm
Shalmond
I was considering the idea of Gerard eventually, I don't know when, would find out about Sarah, Emily, and Michael practicing witchcraft.I was thinking of it happening late in the story.Also I wanted to bring in a wizard character, but I couldn't think of any ways to bring one in that fit.
ashford211994
Kaosujin Ryu
The Lady Reaper

It could work, and you could have the wizard character act as a childhood friend for Michael or Sarah (your choice which, as I'm not playing the character, lol) who moved away and recently moved back to his/her childhood home.  

Kaosujin Ryu

Eternal Senshi

13,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Divine Donator 100

Shalmond

Dapper Businessman

3,450 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:23 pm
Kaosujin Ryu
Shalmond
ashford211994
Kaosujin Ryu
The Lady Reaper

It could work, and you could have the wizard character act as a childhood friend for Michael or Sarah (your choice which, as I'm not playing the character, lol) who moved away and recently moved back to his/her childhood home.

That could work.  
U/C

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces