Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Asgardian Teacher (Ria and Love) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
As sometimes happens, there was a great Viking warrior who had become a favorite of the gods. He'd been granted many favors by them, but one in particular he treasured. By Odin, he'd been granted a dying wish when his day came, as it would for all warriors. When the viking was finally struck down and his wish came due, he murmured one thing.

"Take my daughter and teach her, guard her..."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:49 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLoki “Odinson”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx“Asgardian”Unknown“Male”
User Image
{ DATE OF BIRTH
    Unknown

{ ABILITIES
    Loki is the master of magic and he’s fairly good at projectile weapons, though he’s got no issues using a blade or staff as well.

{ BIOGRAPHY
        Loki’s past is somewhat private. He doesn’t talk about it usually and the only people who know the whole story, even more than Loki himself, are his father Odin and his mother Frigga. Aside from that, Loki’s grown up with his best friend and brother Thor, with whom he shares everything. While their relationship is close, Loki’s obviously somewhat shunned by the other Gods and Goddesses and often isn’t included unless it’s by Thor.

{ PERSONALITY
        - Cool
        - Mostly calm and collected
        - Harsh and spirited if angered
        - Mischievous, always one for pranks.
        - Solitary, mainly because he’s gotten used to it.

{ FAMILY (OPTIONAL)

- Odin, his “father”
        - Frigga, his “mother”
        - Thor, his “brother”

{ PET(S)
        - None

{ USERNAME
        Ria_The_Wolf12

Astrid Steinadottir

User Image

Date of Birth: April 4th

Race: Human

Abilities: A fast learner, can fight with a sword to protect herself.

Biography: Astrid was the only child of a great Viking warrior. Astrid never knew her mother. Her mother died in child birth and her father never had the heart to remarry. Nor would he let any other woman come to take care of Astrid. Astrid was raised by her father and tried her hardest to be the best that she could be, even though she wasn't a boy. When the day came, and her father passed on to the void, Astrid was ready to take her fathers place, but he had another desire.

Personality:
      Creative
      Passionate
      Protective of friends and family
      Caring
      Determined to do her best.

Family:
      Father: Geirmund
      Mother: Ingrid

Pets:
      None

Username:
      Lovekeeper01

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:56 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Brothers Loki and Thor were currently seated in the dining hall of the Palace, though their differences at the moment ere strikingly obvious. While Thor sat at the table, surrounded by three Gods and a Goddess, his closest friends, Loki sat in a high window, his knees drawn up with a book rested upon them. Loki's most intricate pieces of clothing were a leather overcoat and boots while underneath he wore a simple green tunic and trousers, while Thor sat in his armor and cape as did the others. A bout of boisterous laughter from his brother caused the Trickster to look up in some annoyance. Thor had invited him along, the least he could do was allow him to read as they ignored him. Generally these situations didn't bother Loki, but he was being continuously interrupted and it was beginning to grate on his nerves.

As he looked back towards his novel, his attention was drawn once again. "What say you, Silvertongue?" Fandral the Dashing called to him. Loki sighed and snapped his book shut, accepting the fact he was not going to get any further in it. "I say the beasts you're boasting about defeating were needlessly provoked and there is no reason to pride yourselves in their deaths." He said, his brilliantly ice blue eyes flashing as he stood. "And I am disappointed particularly in my dear brother, who as heir to the throne should know better than to fight useless fights." He added, launching his book at Thor's head, who caught it as it fell to his chest. "Oh come now, Loki! Bilgesnipe are not like hounds, they are not creatures of compassion or companionship, do not tell me you feel sympathy for them!" The elder brother chortled. Loki sighed. "That was not the point." He said, running a hand through his hair.

"And what would you do, Loki?" Sif, the one Goddess, asked, raising an eyebrow. "Speak to them? Ask them to move somewhere else?" Loki smirked at her, but as he opened his mouth to deliver a particularly sharp retort, a servant entered. "Loki, Sire, your father the great Allfather requests your presence." He panted. Loki's brow furrowed and he looked at the rest of them. "Well then, I leave you all to your false victories." He said with a mock bow, took his book back from his brother, and went after the servant. "Loki, wait!" Thor called, standing to follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As somewhat of a surprise to both brothers, the servant led them outside to where their father waited. There was someone with him, but they couldn't recognize her as of yet. As Loki approached, he crossed his arms. "What am I being accused of?" He asked, though his tone was rather expecting than disrespectful. "Because from this morning onward I've been with Thor, and- Why is there a Midgardian here?" He said, cutting his sentence short as he suddenly realized the girl standing near their father was, indeed, from Earth and entirely human.

lovekeeper01

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:14 pm
'The god's sons. They look as they are described in the tales back home.' Astrid swallowed. 'Father, why did you want me to come here? What was the purpose to send me to the god's?'

Astrid, who was wrapped in her thoughts did not notice that the smallest was speaking until he said "Why is there a Midgardian here?"

"I am Astrid Steinadottir, daughter of the late Geirmund." She did a slight curtsy, but never looked away. 'I do not know what will become of me here, but I must be brave. I must not let my father or people down. Whatever it was that you wanted me to learn, father, I shall learn. I will not disgrace you or our people."

"My father's dying wish was that I be sent here for protection that only the gods, like yourselves, can provide." Astrid said. She held herself up with pride and made sure that her voice didn't waver. 'I shall make you proud, father.'  

lovekeeper01

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:39 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Loki raised an eyebrow as she spoke. "Well, that's simply wonderful, but what are you doing here? What is she doing here?" Loki repeated, looking to his father. Odin stood regally, though something seemed to be bothering him. "Her father was granted a final wish in his dying moments." He said. Both sons looked shocked. "But this is madness!" Thor exclaimed as Loki looked the girl over. "She is but a Midgardian! She did not die on the battlefield, she cannot be here!" Odin held his hand up, silencing the God of Thunder. "In such an instance as this, she may." He deemed. "But she will need someone to watch her. She cannot wander around Asgard on her own." He looked between his two sons. "Which is why I am entrusting her to your care...Loki." He added. Loki looked indignant. "You jest! You're joking!" The Trickster exclaimed. Odin scowled at the tone. "I do not. As prince, you are the most appropriate. Thor is on his way to becoming King, it would be foolish to mar his name with a task such as this."

"But you carelessly slander my own!?" Loki snapped, his fists clenching. "You would insult me with such an arbitrary task when there are-" He began. "Enough!" Odin boomed, his voice magnified to cut off his sons further protests. "You will keep her, and you will train her to defend herself until she is able to fend for herself! That is why she is entrusted to you and that is what you are charged with, it has now become your duty!" The Allfather commanded, and without any further explanation, left his sons and the girl behind.

"Þetta er mæli alisvín andskotinn! Að telja mér verðugt minna einfaldlega vegna þess að-" Loki ranted before cutting himself off to turn to his brother, who was beginning to grin. "Laugh once, Thor! I dare you! Laugh but once and I will make you wish for death." He snapped. Thor's grin only widened at his brother's overly zealous insult. "Oh, I am not laughing! I wouldn't dream of such a thing!" The elder said, his tone stating that he was doing just the opposite. "I sincerely believe you will be a grand babysitter for this little Midgardian girl! Oh, forgive me, I meant to say mentor, but they are pretty much the same-" Thor was unable to finish his jab as Loki snapped his fingers and the Thunderers cape became an enormous red snake that wrapped itself around him. As Thor fell to the ground, doing his best to remove the beast, Loki watched him roll around some until he turned his fierce gaze on the girl. "What are you good at?" He demanded. "By Midgard standards, anyway."

lovekeeper01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:18 pm
Astrid stared at the Trickster god in surprise and confusion. 'Mentor? But what will he teach me? He does not seem pleased with the idea of taking care of me.'

"My father taught me how to fight with a blade, My Lord. He claimed that I was talented and a fierce warrior." She said and looked past him to the thunder god who was fighting with the giant snake. "May I ask how you changed his cloak into that snake?"

'It has to be some kind of magic, perhaps magic of the gods unattainable for mortals. Whatever it is, it seems that this god is as dangerous as the others. It would not be good to displease him.'

Astrid looked at the Trickster god and then knelt. "Please, My Lord, take me as your apprentice and teach to to defend myself. I will work hard to make you proud."  

lovekeeper01

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:04 pm
User Image

User Image
Loki's expression changed somewhat so he didn't look quite so disapproving. "Well, at least you know how to speak with proper respect." He said, turning to look as Thor finally smashed the snake's head open on the ground. Instead of gore, the result was a vaguely snake-shaped cloak with the end, what would have been the head, blasted into tatters. Thor lifted it, shaking his head disapprovingly. "Now see, you've made me ruin a perfectly good cape." He said, spreading it out to look at the tattered end. "Oh, hang it as a tapestry and say it happened in battle." Loki suggested before he realized the girl had asked a question some time back. "That? 'Twas merely a parlor trick." He answered, though he was obviously still amused by it. "Hopefully, if you're competent, you'll eventually know how to do it yourself. And speaking of competence..."

The remains of the Thunderer's cloak pulled from his hands to rejoin with the tatters on the ground and form once more into a vicious serpent, though it was bigger than the one before. "Let us see exactly how good of a swords-woman you are." Loki said as the monstrous snake seemed to collect its wits. He stepped nonchalantly out of the way a moment later, when the snake rushed her, it's fangs bared and poised to bite.

lovekeeper01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:14 pm
Astrid stepped back in surprise. 'He threw a snake and he wants me to fight it?' She swallowed and jumped back when the snake lunged at her. 'Fine. Father, please help me.'

She whipped her sword from its sheath and stood her ground. 'Come to me.' Astrid thought and kept her eyes as the snake slithered towards her.

"You must always wait for your opponent, Astrid." Her father's voice came back to her during one of her lessons with him. "Being a girl, you will not have enough strength as a man. But if you use their strength against them, you have a greater chance of success."

Astrid smiled. 'Father was always right. I just hope it will be the same here.'

The snake got close enough, but not close enough for Astrid to attack. It stood there, almost as if it was watching her, planning its attack. Astrid swallowed, part in fear, part in anticipation. 'Come to me, come and pray, let me win.'

The snake lunged at her throat and Astrid jumped out of the way, but not fast enough. One of the snakes fangs scratched at her arm and she could feel the poison already spreading. 'Damn.'

The snake came again, this time she was faster then it was. She jumped away and, in mid air, chopped off the snakes head.

"Atleast it didn't kill me." She whispered. But the pain from the poison in her arm became to much and she collapsed.  

lovekeeper01

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:40 pm
User Image

User Image
"Well, how about that?" Loki said as he watched her lop the serpents head off and it once again became what was left of a cloak. "She is not completely hopeless. Hmm." He pushed off of the wall he'd been leaning against and walked towards where she'd fallen. "Are you impressed, brother?" Thor asked, apparently over the fact he'd lost a cloak. "I would not say impressed." Loki said as he knelt, placing his hand under her chin to tip her head up to the light and look into her eyes. "More like...under-disappointed. She has some skills, and." The Trickster placed one hand over the wound and the venom began to drain from it. He placed his other hand over the upper leftside of her chest. "Well well. You have heart, Astrid Steinadottir." He said, his voice quieter, as though this was more of a preference than her skill. The moment of approval lasted only a moment however, until he promptly lifted her and threw her over her shoulder. "While the venom is gone, you will be paralyzed for about a half an hour. It will pass." He said, his tone once again curt as he strolled towards the palace.

lovekeeper01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:52 pm
Astrid laid there, in the room the god had put her. 'He said a half hour and yet it fills like an eternity. I can't believe I was foolish enough to be hit by that snake. I should have been faster then that.' She sighed and looked at the white ceiling. 'I wonder what he has planned now. Will he keep throwing snakes at me until I really mess up and die? Or will he have nothing to do with me? Perhaps, I am expecting to much out of myself, or not enough. For now I will have to wait for this blasted effect to wear off so I can move again.'

When the time finally passed and Astrid was able to move again, she was still weak and could not manage more then a few steps without having to pause for a break. The room she was in was a small, simple white room. It had a place to sleep and two windows.

Astrid slowly walked to the door and, upon arriving at it, leaned against the wall to take a break. 'I cannot let the god see me like this, I will not disappoint him, not if I am to carry out my father's dying wish.' She took a deep breath and opened the door.  

lovekeeper01

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:03 pm
User Image

User Image
And it was outside of her door where Loki sat, his book once again propped against one knee. He didn't look up as she exited, one cheek rested in his hand. "Well, góðan daginn, sunshine." He said, his tone suggesting the compliment was insincere. "Mother has suggested we put you in a more ladylike room rather than this barren space, so we should probably get that over with, otherwise I will not hear the last of it." He said, snapping his book shut, though with much less agitation than before.

He led her from the small hallway out into the palace once more. There were already obvious whispers, as even the servants were Asgardian, but Loki walked on as though he didn't hear them. Eventually they made it to the offshoot of a separate wing of the palace, the doorway baring his name above it. "Mother will be more hospitable than Father, but you must still address her with respect and reverence. Anything less is punishable." He said quietly as they drew near to a female figure. Frigga stood in golden robes, her hair matching in hue and done up beautifully. Her face was angelic and motherly as she beheld them both. She walked to the girl and took her hands. "My dear, I am sorry for your loss. Your father must have been your only relative, for you to wind up here rather than with family. All the same, I feel as though there is nowhere else among the nine realms that you should rather be." She said, her voice soft and kind. "Nor with a better man to watch over you!" She said, looking to her son.

Loki smiled with a sense of grace. "Far too easily you speak so highly of me, Mother." He spoke, his hands clasped behind his back. It seemed, unlike with his father, there was no challenge or abrasiveness with Frigga. She smiled at him before looking back to the girl. "Unfortunately, his decorum when it comes to guests seems to be slightly lacking and as his ward, it is much more appropriate that you stay near to him in the event of an issue." She said, and opened a door into a somewhat grandiose bedroom.

It was much larger and luxurious than a normal viking's bedchambers, even a chief, would ever dream of even seeing. It was done elaborately, silver runes etched across it in decoration. The bed was large, the bedclothes a deep sapphire in color. Somehow, it was both feminine and strong. Loki looked around it with a slight grimace, though be it either to the fact it wasn't to his liking or that one of his rooms had been renovated for it, one couldn't say.

lovekeeper01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:39 pm
'She is beautiful.' Astrid thought as she gazed upon the queen god's face. "Thank you, My Lady." She said with a slight curtsy. "My father was a proud and strong man and, as you said, My Lady, the only family I had left." She smiled softly at the thought of her father. 'I will not mention the fight with the snake, though it is almost surprising how highly she thinks of him whereas his father seems to prefer the other.'

"Unfortunately, his decorum when it comes to guests seems to be slightly lacking and as his ward, it is much more appropriate that you stay near to him in the event of an issue." She said and opened the doors to Astrid's room.

"It's amazing." She whispered. The room was almost unimaginable, like a dream. 'If father could see this room, he too would be envious.'

"Thank you, My Lady." Astrid said with a deep curtsy. "I cannot thank any of you enough for accepting me into your home. I am greatly honored."

'I will not let these gods down, I will do what I have to do to make them and my father proud.'  

lovekeeper01

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:54 pm
User Image

User Image
"It would look better in green, but I daresay I'm far removed from what women desire in decor." Loki said, looking around. Frigga only smiled. "Loki, you've been a woman, you should know these things." She said. Loki shrugged. "I was only a woman for a short time, and at the time I was still myself." He said calmly. There was no doubt if anyone else had brought up that particular time, the Trickster would have become defensive. "All the same, the room is nice, but Father charged me with teaching this girl to fend for herself, and that will not happen here."

Frigga reached up to hug her son. "Yes, of course." She sighed. She tipped Loki's head down. "Be kind." She warned, her tone motherly. "Ah, but if I am too kind, she will not learn." Loki replied before breaking the embrace. He turned to Astrid. "Come along, we still need to see your skills as they are before we can begin to enhance them." He grinned as he walked. "By the end of the day, you are going to be in so much pain." He said.

lovekeeper01

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:13 pm
Astrid stood, almost frozen, in fear. 'How far is this god going to push me? Is he really going to try and kill me?' She swallowed and curtsied one last time to the queen. "Thank you again." Astrid said and hurried out of the room to follow the Trickster.

'If his plan is to kill me, what would the others say? What would my father? My father sent me here for my protection, not my death.' She gritted her teeth and stared at the god's back. 'I will not die, no matter what you do. No matter how hard you try. I will always fight. I will fight to my last breath. Try as you might, My Lord, I will not run. I will fight. I will learn. I will make my father proud. And not even you can take that desire away.'

Astrid followed the god for what seemed like hours. She followed him closely and silently, surrounded by her determination to succeed and make her father proud.  

lovekeeper01

Ria_The_Wolf12

Eloquent Shapeshifter

13,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:03 pm
User Image

User Image
"You think I wish you harm." Loki stated as he walked, his hands clasped at his back. "Honestly, your silence speaks volumes. If you trusted me, you would be asking questions." Loki glanced over his shoulder at her. "But if you don't believe that I do not wish you harm, then know that if I did, Odin would have my head." he raised a hand to his lips, were tiny scars that looked suspiciously like stitches, were just noticeable. "And more than anyone, I would prefer he not deem it appropriate to punish me."

He led her on to an empty field. "All the same, with any kind of hard practice, and this will be hard practice, there comes a moderate serving of pain. Unfortunately for you, you'll be learning both physical and magical combat. Depending on how much of a natural you are, you may very well leave here with substantial battle scars."

"Battle scars?" A voice spoke, and Loki leaned to look. "Thor." He said, his tone slightly surprised. Thor grinned as he approached. "Did you think I would miss your first lesson?" Loki rolled his eyes. "If you are here to mock like some jackdaw fool, then you may kindly turn around and bite-" Thor held his hands up. "I am sincere in my interest!" He said quickly. "I promise!" Loki leveled his gaze at his brother for a moment, before deeming his brother honest and turning back to the girl, removing his coat and pushing up his sleeves. "Alright, prepare yourself."

lovekeeper01

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces