Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
EMERGENCY PRAYER: Light Party.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:18 am
Hey guys.

As the title states, it's an emergency! I explain why.

For the last month or so, we (meaning most of the churches in my area) have been planning for a Light Party to be held at the end of the month. This is our alternative for Halloween.

However, I have received today an email which shocked me...a lot.

First thing: the people who was coming down to do sausages for us got doubled booked so they need urns for hot water.

Second thing: For the last 2 years it has been fine. But this year, it looks like it's going to poor down with rain.

Third thing: the popping corn went missing (about 10 bags full). I'm going to sure they will turn up sooner or later...but still, we need them for Thursday (GMT).

Forth thing: one of the main organizers has a bit of trouble. Her work computer won't start properly and she needs to print out the docoment for the party.

That's not all. This is the reason why it's an emergency. The party is in 2 DAYS!!! The organizer said in her email that she feels that Satan is attacking her and NOTHING has gone right so far this week.

So i ask, can you please pray for not only the Light Party, but for protection over her as well. Thanks SOOOOOOO much. I am grateful if this is even read in the next two days.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 am
I'll pray for her protection, but don't be so quick to consider it as a hostile attack from Satan. Maybe God doesn't want his children associating with Halloween at all and he's gently preventing that from happening by hindering the preparations for the "alternative" celebration.  

real eyes realize

Invisible Guildswoman

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:06 pm
real eyes realize
I'll pray for her protection, but don't be so quick to consider it as a hostile attack from Satan. Maybe God doesn't want his children associating with Halloween at all and he's gently preventing that from happening by hindering the preparations for the "alternative" celebration.

The thing is, it's not me who felt that way, it's the organizer herself who is feeling that way, that and the Light Party has some Biblical principle for the kids. This year is animal themed, which relates to Noah's Arc. Like I said, it's alternative for Halloween. Saints and Angels party are the exact same thing. An alternative.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:47 am
Don't you think your a bit over exaggerating by calling it an emergency?  

Masrur Fanalis

Distinct Seeker

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:43 pm
I apologize I didn't see this post earlier, but I sure do hope that the Light Party turned out well despite the rocky events 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:59 pm
musasgal
Hey guys.

As the title states, it's an emergency! I explain why.

For the last month or so, we (meaning most of the churches in my area) have been planning for a Light Party to be held at the end of the month. This is our alternative for Halloween.

However, I have received today an email which shocked me...a lot.

First thing: the people who was coming down to do sausages for us got doubled booked so they need urns for hot water.

Second thing: For the last 2 years it has been fine. But this year, it looks like it's going to poor down with rain.

Third thing: the popping corn went missing (about 10 bags full). I'm going to sure they will turn up sooner or later...but still, we need them for Thursday (GMT).

Forth thing: one of the main organizers has a bit of trouble. Her work computer won't start properly and she needs to print out the docoment for the party.

That's not all. This is the reason why it's an emergency. The party is in 2 DAYS!!! The organizer said in her email that she feels that Satan is attacking her and NOTHING has gone right so far this week.

So i ask, can you please pray for not only the Light Party, but for protection over her as well. Thanks SOOOOOOO much. I am grateful if this is even
read in the next two days.

I prayed, Dear.  

CheyenneServant

musasgal

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 pm
Thanks for the prayer guys.

Though the weather was bad, but it went without a hitch. We went up again in kids again, around 80-90 kids which was brilliant!

I know it was over the top with the title, but the email was received two days before the event was held  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games