Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Inleros Desiccated (Pathfinder full) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:42 am
WhimsicalXellos
Xun Ira
Would Gifted Adept work with this type of campaign, if so how?

Quote:
Your interest in psionics was inspired by witnessing a power being used in a particularly dramatic method, perhaps even one that affected you physically or spiritually. This early exposure to psionics has made it easier for you to produce similar powers on your own.

Benefit: Pick one power when you choose this trait—from this point on, whenever you use that power, its effects manifest at +1 power level.

I was more wondering if it would allow me to make a 3rd level Astral Construct, or would I have to wait for level 3?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:06 pm
Xun Ira
I was more wondering if it would allow me to make a 3rd level Astral Construct, or would I have to wait for level 3?

I should reword that, actually, since caster level isn't the same thing as power level for psionics. What I should have said was this:

Benefit: Pick one power when you choose this trait—from this point on, whenever you use that power, its effects manifest as if an extra power point had been spent into its augmentation.

So basically, as far as Astral Construct is concerned, to make a level 3 Astral Contruct, you have to spend 5 power points. In terms of the rules, this means you can't do this until level 5, because you can never spend more points on a single power than you have levels. However, with this trait, you would be able to spend 2 points, and the trait would add an additional point, meaning at level 2, you would be able to make a level 2 Astral Construct. (A whole level earlier than you would normally be able to.)

TheVulgarUnicorn
GregarMoon
Dion Necurat
KenshiroKameMeijin

Waiting for sheets. Can't request a forum until I see 2 more.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:57 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Xun Ira

I should reword that, actually, since caster level isn't the same thing as power level for psionics. What I should have said was this:

Benefit: Pick one power when you choose this trait—from this point on, whenever you use that power, its effects manifest as if an extra power point had been spent into its augmentation.

So basically, as far as Astral Construct is concerned, to make a level 3 Astral Contruct, you have to spend 5 power points. In terms of the rules, this means you can't do this until level 5, because you can never spend more points on a single power than you have levels. However, with this trait, you would be able to spend 2 points, and the trait would add an additional point, meaning at level 2, you would be able to make a level 2 Astral Construct. (A whole level earlier than you would normally be able to.)

TheVulgarUnicorn
GregarMoon
Dion Necurat
KenshiroKameMeijin

Waiting for sheets. Can't request a forum until I see 2 more.

Just trying to better understand the Kineticist before I make it.  
GregarMoon rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:28 pm
Will get it done now. Rolling for health on the second level....

1st level: 10 + 1 (con mod) = 11
2nd level: 5 + 1 (con mod) = 6
Total: 11 + 6 = 17  

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:04 am
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=693733

done ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:06 am
WhimsicalXellos
Xun Ira

That is what I meant, not what I said... stressed

THANK YOU!!

Final question, I swear; Swim is kind of useless in this kind of game, can I swap it for survival?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=694007  

Xun Ira

TheVulgarUnicorn rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 1 Total: 7 (2-12)

TheVulgarUnicorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:03 pm
AAAAND HERE WE GO!  
TheVulgarUnicorn rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:04 pm
Im not sure if were rerolling when its a 1 for hp...
Just incase it is ill reroll if not...
Well ********.  

TheVulgarUnicorn

TheVulgarUnicorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:46 pm
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=694074
Here it is
Still have to do equipment, but that will be quite minimal sooo...
Yeah  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:55 pm
Sheet audits for all of you when I'm not exhausted. I'm moving to a new apartment over the next few days, and I'm beat.

GregarMoon

You need to roll the health for your first level, too. Not just the second level.

Xun Ira
Swim is kind of useless in this kind of game, can I swap it for survival?

No, actually it's not. The only habitable places are centered around water sources. So it's not unlikely that you would live next to a body of water where you would have learned to swim.

TheVulgarUnicorn

Nope, sorry. No rerolls on this one. It's meant to be kinda gritty, as evidenced by the no rerolls on the attribute scores.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
GregarMoon rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:57 am
WhimsicalXellos
Sheet audits for all of you when I'm not exhausted. I'm moving to a new apartment over the next few days, and I'm beat.

GregarMoon

You need to roll the health for your first level, too. Not just the second level.

Xun Ira
Swim is kind of useless in this kind of game, can I swap it for survival?

No, actually it's not. The only habitable places are centered around water sources. So it's not unlikely that you would live next to a body of water where you would have learned to swim.

TheVulgarUnicorn

Nope, sorry. No rerolls on this one. It's meant to be kinda gritty, as evidenced by the no rerolls on the attribute scores.

Oh, alright. Rolling the ivory....  
Lord of the Vine rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 8 Total: 12 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:30 pm
Rolling for hit points.

EDIT: 4 and 8. Not bad.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:52 pm
For the kineticist, what feats would you recommend?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:18 pm
Dion Necurat

It is your character; but if it was me, It would very what kind of powers you want to focus on...

Ray type powers... treat as an Archer
Weapon Focus (ray)
Point Blank Shot
Power Shot
Precise Shot

Area of effect type powers.... focus on the Metapsionics
Psionic Meditation [A lot of the metapsionic feats require psionic focus or expanding said focus, below are a few that don't alter the P.P. cost of cast]
Enlarge Power
Ectoplasmic Power
Flaring Power
Lingering Power

A mix, then take from the above and mix and match... or take
Body Fuel
Overchannel
Mind Over Body

Again your character, these are only ideas I would put in place if I was playing the character, and trying to play to their strength  

Xun Ira

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:25 pm
Xun Ira
Dion Necurat

It is your character; but if it was me, It would very what kind of powers you want to focus on...

Ray type powers... treat as an Archer
Weapon Focus (ray)
Point Blank Shot
Power Shot
Precise Shot

Area of effect type powers.... focus on the Metapsionics
Psionic Meditation [A lot of the metapsionic feats require psionic focus or expanding said focus, below are a few that don't alter the P.P. cost of cast]
Enlarge Power
Ectoplasmic Power
Flaring Power
Lingering Power

A mix, then take from the above and mix and match... or take
Body Fuel
Overchannel
Mind Over Body

Again your character, these are only ideas I would put in place if I was playing the character, and trying to play to their strength

I guess I'm trying to figure out what the Kineticist would do differently opposed to the Psychic Warrior in general. From the look of it, I'll probably be doing a mix of both rays and AoEs in order to have the optimum coverage of abilities (also, screw over swarms).

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if I can take the archery track as bonus feats.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff