Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Pumpkin Patch Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:34 am
Large pumpkins, small pumpkins, in between pumpkins can all be found here.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:23 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in picture))

User Image

Ariana stood in the middle of the large field covered in pumpkins of all sizes, and oddly enough, some were of random shape as well. The redhead couldn't help but smile as she stared at all of the orange fruits laying on the ground around her. "Dhyl, look at that one!" she shouted right after nudging her mate in the arm. The girl's brown eyes were locked on a massive pumpkin a few feet away. It looked as though it was grown specifically for a giant based on how big it was.

Miss GryffindorK

User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:42 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Autumnal in the Pumpkin Patchspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So... many... PUMPKINS!' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ "Is this the last of our haunting?"
She says as she floats like an angel.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Adalaide was ecstatic as she wandered through the pumpkin patch. It was a well-known fact that her favorite anything was pumpkin. Bread, pie, pasta, cake, you name it, she would put pumpkin in it and eat it with gusto. She had a small patch at home, but nothing like this. This... was amazing! She'd never grown one larger than her cat, but there were dozens here, a few that were almost up to her waist! She couldn't help but check them all over, to test the quality and see if they would make a good pie. To her delight, they were all perfectly healthy. Either someone was taking good care of them, or no one had touched them and nature had taken its course. Either way, it was beautiful.

After a while, she smiled widely, sitting down in a small grouping of the orange spheres, hidden behind a few of the larger ones, to have some time alone. So much had been doing on lately that he was having trouble... feeling like herself. She wanted some time away from her friends, to just relax. Really, there was one person she wouldn't mind seeing, but with him working in Diagon Alley and living with his brother, she had a rather hard time thinking he'd have time to come see her at school. Not that she minded; she just missed him. But, as it was, she had a lovely moment alone, to meditate and just... be Ada. After all, there were few things that made her happier than plants. Particularly pumpkins.

❀ ❀ ❀ You will never know until you let me go;
                                                          I'm hoping this will never end.
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:40 pm
User Image
I burn, burn like a wicker cabinet, chalk white and oh so frail
I see our time has gotten stale
The tick tock of the clock is painful
All sane and logical, I want to tear it off the wall
I hear words and clips and phrases
I think sick like ginger ale
My stomach turns and I exhale

User Image

I would swallow my pride, I would choke on the rinds
But the lack thereof would leave me empty inside
Swallow my doubt turn it inside out
Find nothin' but faith in nothin'
Want to put my tender, heart in a blender
Watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion
Rendezvous then I'm through with you

Dhyl looked at Ariana, who had agreed to accompany him to the festival. They were in a field of pumpkins, which piqued his curiosity. She pointed to one in particular, then nudged his arm, causing him to grin. "That one? It looks very... pumpkin-y, I should say. Much like that one, and that one, and that one too!" His tone was teasing and light, yet full of energy. This was Ariana Hawthorne, after all! Blue eyes were bright with excitement, the smile only serving to reflect and enhance the emotion.

kiska166

{OoC:}

So Cal is where my mind states
But it's not my state of mind
I'm not as ugly, sad as you
Or am I origami, folded up and just pretend
Demented as the motives in your head
I alone am the one you don't know
You need take heed, feed your ego
Make me blind when your eyes close
Sink when you get close, tie me to the bedpost

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:35 pm
User Image
User Image

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
With drops of Jupiter in her hair, hey, hey, hey
She acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that there's a time to change, hey, hey, hey
Since the return from her stay on the moon
She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey, hey

Chris walked about the patch, taking in the sight. He was a city boy, to be honest, and the idea that he was out in the country enjoying a festival was certainly different. Besides, less chance to run into crazy stuff like the year before, to be honest. He'd nearly lost his head during the last big event, and he didn't want a repeat. Just a nice, decent date with his girlfriend. Which in his opinion was better than anything he could ask for at the moment. He strolled through the moonlight, looking at the different sized squash, and wondered how they could get that big. They weren't native to England, that was for sure.

He was going to continue pondering plants (well, he had gotten interested when Ada had talked about them) when he spotted his girlfriend sitting amongst the pumpkins. Deciding to be a bit sneaky, he crept up behind her, not even breathing, right until he was right by her ear. He then whispered to her. "I didn't know you liked pumpkins Ada. I mean, I know you liked orange, but not about the pumpkins. Waiting on someone, or enjoying the night air?"

But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated?
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star –
One without a permanent scar?
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?

--------------------------
State: Mischievous
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:48 pm
User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

Adalaide jumped and let out a small shriek, her arms flailing a bit and very nearly hitting whoever it was who'd just snuck up on her. She turned, her eyes angry, ready to give whoever'd interrupted her quiet a piece of her mind... and it all instantly melted away when she realized just who it was. Rather than flailing at him or yelling (which had been what she'd intended), her arms shot out and flew around Chris' neck, a gleeful smile spreading across her face. She hadn't expected see him here, but then, that made this the best kind of surprise, now, didn't it? She pulled back, her eyes bright. "Oh, I love pumpkins! Pumpkin everything! That's why I like orange so much! I can't believe you didn't know that, I should have shown you my pumpkin patch when you came over for my birthday. It's not nearly this large, of course, and my pumpkins are quite a bit smaller than these, but it's still very nice. I grew them all myself, you know... er, sort of. I mean, I'm away at school most of the year, so my mum cares for them, mostly. But I planted them! And..." The Hufflepuff realized she was rambling a bit (and saying the word 'pumpkin' more times in a single conversation than she'd previously thought possible) and flushed, giving him a curious look. "I'm not meeting anyone, I just... Well, it's a Fall Festival, and Fall is my favorite time of year, so I thought I'd go... What are you doing here?" She supposed she shouldn't be so surprised to just randomly see him, particularly at something like this, but it did catch her a bit off guard. She'd expected he'd be spending most of his time working, honestly. He did seem like the sort who'd enjoy spending all hours of the night with his nose in a book. Not that she wasn't happy to see him, she totally was. Just surprised.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:02 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

Ariana looked away from the large pumpkin and at Dhylan. "Hey! It's big, and you know it," she said, finishing off her sentence with a grin. Of course, the redhead knew her companion was only kidding around. "You don't particularly care about herbs and plants, do you?" she asked. Dhylan did well in that class, he was a terrific student who studied all the time. However, that didn't mean he liked it, and based on his response to Ariana's surprise about how large that one pumpkin was, she could have guessed he only payed attention in Herbology for the good grade.

Miss GryffindorK

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:06 pm
User Image

User Image

Dhyl snickered at Ariana, then nodded. "I agree, it is pretty giant... for a pumpkin. Then again, I've seen bigger." The teen stooped to pick up a tiny pumpkin, looking it over curiously. It fit in his hand, so he wondered why it was off it's vine. He looked at the girl, an eyebrow raised. How did she know that? Not like it was secret or anything, but... still. "Not really, no. My mom... my mom liked them. We used to have a garden in our backyard, but it died a long time ago." His bright blue eyes seemed dazed for a second, before returning focus to the girl.

He remembered the first time he had ever been to a pumpkin patch. He had been almost a year old, and barely able to talk when his parents brought him out for Halloween. Nostalgia struck as the boy looked at the tiny pumpkin in his hand, remembering his dad handing him one at that age. Dhyl gave a soft smile, one that laid his emotions in the open, which was something seldom seen.

After a blink, Dhyl looked back at the girl, then gave a light chuckle. He brushed a bit of dirt from the pumpkin, then balanced it upon his head. "Look! It's a hat!" Why... Why was he such a weird human? Mentally, the teen slapped himself. No wonder he was so odd around people.

kiska166

{OoC: You can has long post!}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:40 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

Ariana nearly dropped her jaw in surprise. A bigger one?! The girl stared at Dhylan for a moment before asking, "Where?" Her tone was completely bewildered. The fact that even one this size existed was amazing since it seemed as though the pumpkins in this field could have been grown without the use of magic. After all, if magic was used, wouldn't each pumpkin be large and perfect? Ariana frowned a tad when the boy brought up his mom. She knew the awful tragedy that happened to her, and after seeing the emotion that filled the boy's blue eyes,the redhead did what she could and reached up to place a hand on her mate's back in comfort. Upon feeling the touch of her hand, Dhylan chuckled. Ariana hesitantly pulled her hand away and instinctively began to twirl many strands in between her fingers. Large brown eyes watched as the sixteen year old balanced a pumpkin on his head. Giggles burst from the girl's mouth. It was a good thing she was easily amused; otherwise, she could have actually thought the boy had lost his mind.

Miss GryffindorK

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:56 pm
User Image

User Image

Dhyl snickered a bit more when the girl asked where the larger pumpkin was. Of course, her realized, she might be a touch too short to see it. He smirked at her, then easily scooped the girl into his arms. He lifted her up a bit, hopefully high enough to see where the enormous, if somewhat misshapen, pumpkin sat. "See it now?" His voice was teasing, yet somewhat... loving. It was the same sort of voice he used when his little sister asked for help reaching the top cupboards. He didn't want to put her down, but he felt she might be.. uncomfortable. It wasn't until after she was safely on her feet that he realized their height difference. The teen slowly slouched, feeling awkward.

After he had place his tiny pumpkin atop his head, Ari had rewarded him with a giggle, which brought a blush to his pale cheeks. The boy smiled, then set the fruit on her head. "There. Now you've a pumpkin hat! Though, I must say, you pull it off better than I did." He teased playfully, yet, not. He thought she was adorable when she giggled, and it made his stomach fill with butterflies.

"Maybe someday..."

kiska166

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:56 pm
User Image
User Image

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
With drops of Jupiter in her hair, hey, hey, hey
She acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that there's a time to change, hey, hey, hey
Since the return from her stay on the moon
She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey, hey

He grinned and hugged her right back, actually glad that this surprise was one of the more pleasant ones. He pulled away just long enough to give her a quick peck before responding. "Well, that would explain the slight obsession, I think. I'm here because my sister dragged me here. Said I was brooding too much for it to be healthy or something. Which is nonsense, really. She's afraid I'm turning into Father because he's always working. So, well, here I am." He ran a hand through his hair, then put it in his pocket and reached a hand out for Ada to hold. Maybe he was just used to having a girlfriend now, but he didn't feel as awkward as he used to be. Still, he needed to figure out what they would be doing together. "So, if you're not waiting on anyone, what would you like to do? I mean, I have all night, obviously, but I don't know if you want to stay up all night."

But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated?
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star –
One without a permanent scar?
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?

State: Mischievous
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:29 pm
User Image

❀ ❀ ❀

Adalaide scowled a bit. Don't say obsession, that makes it sound like a bad thing! I just... have a favorite food, is all." She flushed lightly. Okay, maybe she was a tad obsessed with Pumpkin. She couldn't help it, though, it just made everything taste so good! When he referred to his sister, she gave him an odd look. "Brooding? Why would you be brooding?" The Hufflepuff couldn't help but be curious; Chris didn't seem to 'brood' around her, so she had a hard time picturing it. To her, it was something people did when they were depressed... but he wasn't depressed, was he? She didn't like that thought at all. She took his hand, giving him a smile. "Honestly, I haven't a clue. I mean, I mostly came to the Pumpkin Patch for some alone time... and I doubt we could walk around the rest of the Festival unless you wanted to get accosted by one or more of my friends. They're all, er, very... curious, about you." Ada flushed a bit as she remembered Marina jumping on her about his identity at the train station. And Damien's face when she'd said what little she had was more than a little curious. Her relationship with the Slytherin had gotten a bit odd since he'd started dating Marina. They were like siblings again... and yet not. But, in this instance, she had a feeling he would be taking the role of Big Brother very seriously. To say nothing of Nell. Honestly, Ada couldn't figure which of her friends would be odder for him to meet. Damien would probably be reminiscent of meeting her father, except with all the odd, proper posturing of a pureblood family. Marina was determined to make things hell on Ada, she could tell, as revenge for her doing the same when she'd started dating Damien. And Nell... well, she'd sort of been Ada's partner in giving Marina a hard time, after all. Ada didn't know if she wanted to subject Chris to that... she wanted to keep him all to herself, really. He was her boyfriend, after all. Although, that did pose an interesting question. "If you're here with Eretria... is she going to be looking for you, or something? Expecting you to spend time with her?" Ada had never formally met the Slytherin, only knew her from the halls at school and a brief conversation with Damien on what the girl was like... she had no way of knowing how Eretria would react to Ada imposing herself on time with her brother. She had no problem giving the pair some space... if Chris wanted her to, that is.

❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:46 pm
But I think, I want to live with all my memories.
Even if they're bad memories.
Even if they're memories that only hurt me...that I'd rather forget.
If I keep them and keep trying without running away, then one day I'll be strong enough that those memories can't defeat me.
I believe that because I want to think that there's no such thing as a memory that's ok to forget

User Image
User Image
color=#F87431

Monty skipped the entire way over to the pumpkin patch before skidding to a halt and looking in awe at all the different sizes and shades of pumpkins there were to behold. "Look at zis one! It is so cute!" The short boy went over to a slightly miss-shaped pumpkin that seemed to look like two small pumpkins grown on top of one another and crouched by it petting it almost. "Ze are like ze conjoined tvins ya? Ting one and ting two?" Monty looked up through his white-blonde bangs with innocent eyes and a happy smile at his misquote from a favorite muggle author of his.

Greycast

What happened to the memories of yesterday?
Did you store them neatly away,
Or maybe you scattered them around in your mind.
Only to be lost by the ages of time.
Bring it all in the open, and maybe you'll see.
A memory or two that used to be

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You o f f e n d my D E L I C A T E little sensibilities....

The elder blonde let out a laugh at how the excited Monty skipped straight into the Pumpkin patch. When he had exclaimed over something and called him over to look at a set of pumpkins that had grown into each other and asked him about them, he was surprised to hear a Dr. Seuss misquote from the boy. "Cat in the Hat?" he asked with a smile. "And they do look like conjoined twins."

.... My sexy blonde (and delicate!) N A T U R I S T sensibilities.

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:52 pm
But I think, I want to live with all my memories.
Even if they're bad memories.
Even if they're memories that only hurt me...that I'd rather forget.
If I keep them and keep trying without running away, then one day I'll be strong enough that those memories can't defeat me.
I believe that because I want to think that there's no such thing as a memory that's ok to forget

User Image
User Image
color=#F87431

Monty clapped happily as Del Rey understood his reference not getting up from his position by the adorable pumpkin. "Ya! I like ze doctor vurry much! His books make me laugh vury much!" He looked back down at the conjoined pumpkin and placed his ear to it smiling or frowning at different intervals until he looked back up seriously to his friend. "Eet says that ve should take him with us." The little German nodded solemnly in agreement while his bright hazel eyes shined.

Greycast

What happened to the memories of yesterday?
Did you store them neatly away,
Or maybe you scattered them around in your mind.
Only to be lost by the ages of time.
Bring it all in the open, and maybe you'll see.
A memory or two that used to be

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces