Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:19 pm
Is a total p***y.
He marches around the house all Mr. I Own You And All Your s**t all day long but the minute I put him on the treadmill he's a pansy a** wimp who's gotta cry and run to mommy cause I made him do something.

I put him on it three days ago and he actually started clawing and biting me to get me to let him off. It wasn't a fear response either cause he'll stand on it, sit on it, get up in the other dogs' faces while they're on it, etc. He was just mad at me.
The worst part is, my mom feeds into it!
The more dominant and hyper he is, the more she pays attention to him. She FINALLY got to the point of making him lay down somewhere instead of following her every second of the day and y'know what he did? s**t in the house. Been doing it pretty much every day that he doesn't get what he wants. neutral

I am so done with dogs forever.
See, MY dog isn't a dog. She's something else in a dog's body, I'm convinced. She's calm, lazy as hell, doesn't bark unless she needs something, will walk on the treadmill without incident, walks on a leash without incident, knows and obeys basic commands and she's the ONLY dog we've ever had like that!
$%^&($$#*97SADFGHDSDBFHDFBD

Just... yeah.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:16 am
Your mom's dog sounds... SPOILED D:  

KuroAkaNeko

Fashionable Raider

35,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:08 pm
Your mom's dog sounds like my mom's dog. He barks at every little noise, shitted on the carpet in protest to not being allowed on the couch yesterday. He's been getting up at night and peeing in our house and he's been professionally trained, has papers, the whole bit but he is 7yrs old in human years and that's pretty old and as such he's stuck in his ways.

My dog doesn't bark except if he's startled. He's friendly, licks toes. He goes outside to use the restroom. He'll even whimper to tell me he needs to go poop.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:36 am
@Kuro: Spoiled doesn't even cover it. He was supposed to be our farm dog. He was trained to guard property/livestock but within months my mom was making all these exceptions, "It's raining/cold/hot/etc. he has to be inside.", and my dad was adding to it by tying him up/bringing him in whenever he started barking at something (which he was TRAINED TO DO) instead of going to see what was going on so, within a year, he was a house dog.
Now, he wants absolutely nothing to do with the livestock, we're right back to losing things to raccoons, possums, etc. because he's NEVER outside, but he still has the dominant behavior that was trained into him 10 years ago.

So, I have a hellhound living in my house. neutral
My mom's second dog, a female lab mix, is worse than him though. She's dominant and flat out neurotic. You can't do anything with her without her vomiting/peeing/pooping/barking her fool head off/destroying something because my mom praised her for being that way. I don't believe it was intentional but when the dog is throwing a b***h fit because there was one rumble of thunder two hours ago and you sit there, petting her and baby talking at her, she's gonna throw a b***h fit at every noise for the rest of her life.

@DM: See, your dog sounds like mine. All dogs would be like that too if people would just take the time to train them properly but people get them because they're cute and not because they can handle them. Then they don't bother to learn what needs to be done to have a functional animal BEFORE the animal turns into a holy terror.
Even something as simple as smacking them lightly on the nose when they're barking excessively helps a lot but noooo...  

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:58 pm
I watched Dog Trainer a bit here and there so I picked up a couple of tricks from him that I used on my dog who was a puppy (just shy of a year old) when I got him. My mom is trying her best to train her dog, which we got at his current age of 7, but he had bad habits instilled in him from his previous owner so it's gonna be a battle to get him adjusted but he's slowly making progress. After all you can teach an old dog new tricks, just takes longer.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:32 pm
Eesh, yeah, getting a dog when it's already over 3 years old is pretty much suicide. xp

Have you watched any of Caesar Milan's training stuff? He's pretty good, imo.  

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:42 am
Tai Takahashi
Eesh, yeah, getting a dog when it's already over 3 years old is pretty much suicide. xp

Have you watched any of Caesar Milan's training stuff? He's pretty good, imo.
That's what I mean by Dog Trainer...lol. I forget that he's the Dog Whisperer or something like that. That's who I used to watch a lot when I had regular TV/satellite and we'd get that channel for free.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:57 am
I only got to watch a few episodes of his show, to be honest, but I lovelovelove him. I wanna get some dvds to play often enough that the people I live with will start getting it....
It's funny though, my mom has this friend who despises Caesar with a passion and is convinced he's this horrible, abusive guy that doesn't know what he's doing. I was talking to him about it once, telling him that I was gonna do some of his stuff with my dog, and this guy went on a tirade while his own dogs were barking excessively, peeing, pooping and tearing up the couch blankets behind him. I wanted to laugh SO HARD. Really, your training method is so much better, hm? rofl  

Tai Takahashi
Vice Captain

Dapper Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

dragonmonkey

Fluffy Glitch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:42 pm
From what I've seen all he does is go Shh and the dog obeys but in extreme circumstances he'll lie the dog on it's side or tap it's chest. The tapping of the chest is actually something wild dogs/wolves do for dominance with their noses and it doesn't hurt the dog as long as it's just a tap with two fingers and not your whole hand.

I used quite a few methods of his, mostly the verbal command stuff, and my dog is so good that he'll follow me if I let him walk leash free. Which I can't have my dog walk leash free cuz it's against the rules but I tried it once as I was walking home and had carried him cuz he was panting (yes. I know, shouldn't be carrying around small dogs cuz then they get used to it yatta yatta -.- )

But when I got to the beginning of my street I set him down and he followed me no problem. I only had to encourage him here and there with a 'come on, good boy' so he wouldn't sniff other people's yards.

Yeah Tai, I'd be laughing too at the person who says that Ceasar is cruel. I'd look that person in the face after looking directly at their dogs and ask "so what do you suggest? Not setting boundaries?" Dogs are like children because they basically are eternally two year old kids. They need boundaries and they need pack leaders. If you can't be pack leader then your dogs are going to end up being holy terrors and it's all your fault.  
Live, guild! LIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games