Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Second-Hand Robe Shop ~ NPC Owned, Available

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Second-Hand Robes was where Molly Weasley took Ginny to buy robes for her first year at Hogwarts. This may also have been the same store where she bought Ron's dress robes in his fourth year, for the Yule Ball.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:50 pm
This shop is available for people to roleplay in. If you would like to have a character own the shop, please apply here.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:44 am
The Mitchell Girls...

Leonette//////////////Mira//////////////////Grace////////
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Unsorted First Year///Eight Year Old///////Six Years Old///

This was the last stop on the groups list. Chloe had fought with Leonette about going to Madam Malkin's Robes but she insisted that she go to the second hand store so that her father didn't have to work so much anymore. There was something about her sisters' needing it more than her in there to but Chloe didn’t entertain that. Of course come Mira's time for school that wouldn't be something she would do. "Okay now that we are here you need robes." Chloe answered her. "Right," Leonette said with a smile. She was glad she got her own way on this. Getting her measured Leonette waited patiently to get robes that were her size.

"Do we having anything else we have to do?" Grace asked curiously. "Nop, that's everything." Chloe stated. "Wait what about my wand?" Leonette asked with concern. 'How could they forget that?' she thought. "Oh your dad said he wanted to do that with you. It's not everyday someone gets their wand." Chloe answered her calmly. "Oh..." Leonette didn't understand why did this small detail matter to him he was always working? "Don't worry about it Leo." David chimed in seeing the confusion on her face. "I'm not..." she answered quietly.

Grace thought for a moment. "Can we get ice cream after?" she asked sweetly. "Yes we can get ice cream after." Chloe replied with a bright smile. "Yay!" she cheered. Mira just rolled her eyes. 'Would this day ever end?'

Stats'

Leonette: Happy... worried... confused
Mira: Would this day ever end?
Grace: Happy

Chloe: Happy
David: Happy

Who we're with: Each other
OOC: ---

Chloe////////////////David/////////
User ImageUser Image
Hufflepuff//////////Gryffindor//////

The Clarisse Kids...

((Outfits in pics))

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 am
Storming through the party like my name was El Niño
When I'm hangin' out drinking in the back of an El Camino
As a kid, was a skid and no one knew me by name.
I trashed my own house party ‘cause nobody came.
Cause we like having fun at other peoples expense and,
Cutting people down is just a minor offence then,
It's none of your concern, I guess I'll never learn.
I'm sick of being told to wait my turn.
Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash
Third Year Gryffindor

[Scene Start from Wools]

”Uuuggghhh,” Crash stumbled off the bus as it had reached the Leaky Cauldron, and with a few taps of his wand, the brick wall had divided and granted him entrance to the alley. His stomach was still churning even as he strolled down the southern road and towards the robe shop. He knew he wouldn’t have enough money for food if he went to Madame Malkins. He wrenched nose wiggled as his stomach finally began to settle. ”Stupid bus,” he mumbled under his breath as one hand moved to hold his skateboard at his side while the other pushed open the door to Secondhand Robes with the chime of a bell overhead.

He heard voices, none of which he recognized. His dark chocolate eyes perused the faces there, wondering if he would find any familiar eyes or quirked noses. ”David.” Crash grinned, noticing his housemate from across the way. ”Hey, how’ve ya been?” Even after three years in the United Kingdom, his accent was still thickly American. He glanced at all the girls around his friend and then quirked a brow curiously. ”Are these all your sisters?” He blinked.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5ft 4in Weight: 125lbs Age: 12
Second Hand Robes
with the Mitchell and Clarisse Family
Gryffindor Pride
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image

murruelecreuset

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:37 am
Essy ze Ninja
murruelecreuset

User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:casual clothes]

➳ ➳ ➳

Secondhand robes should save me some money... besides I'll probably just grow out of them again next year anyways.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna opened the door to the Second-Hand Robe Shop, she had the money to buy new robes but like she had said at the ice cream parlor she was contemplating buying a broom and that was an expense she hadn't told her father about. Last year she had bought her robes new and had just end up growing out of them by the end of the school year so on a practical sense she didn't really see buying new robes just to outgrow them a few months later. A broom seemed like a much better investment.

She entered and noticed a fellow upperclassman, David, who was on the Gryffindor Quidditch team and another student she really didn't recognize along with what looked like a first year and two younger girls. She went to the racks to look at clothes when she caught the American accent of the Gryffindor who greeted her on the platform the year before and she smiled widely ducking her head and tucking one of her wild blonde curls behind her ear. She decided to wait for David and the others to speak first since she was the last in the shop.

User Image

{ }

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:58 am
The Mitchell Girls...

As the girls minus Mira worked on getting robes for Leonette David looked around the shop. He’d never been in the second hand store so it was new to him. That’s when he heard his name in a familiar voice. “Hey Crash I’ve been great how about you?” he asked glad to see a fellow housemate. “Who’s this?” Mira finally piped up sounding like she had little to know interest despite asking. “Oh this is Crash a fellow housemate.” He told her. “So he’s a Gryffindor too…” she said flatly. It’s like she forgot that her father was also a Gryffindor during his time at Hogwarts.

“No.” David answered with a laugh. “The tallish brown haired one’s my sister Chloe.” He said pointing over to her. Chloe looked over at who he was talking too. “Hello I go to Hogwarts as well I’m in Hufflepuff.” She told him before David continued. “The other two Mira here included are my cousins.” David added. “Hi… my sister Leo is the one going to Hogwarts this year.” She spoke simply. “Hello I’m Leonette most just call me Leo. I’m a future Gryffindor.” Leonette chimed in excited to be meeting even more Gryffindors.

David then noticed Ronna. “Hey Ronna!” he called out. “Leo here’s another housemate I’d like you to meet and she’s on the Quidditch team as Beater.” David said happy to be seeing all these housemates of his. “Leo here wants to be a Gryffindor.” He told Ronna. “Hello.” Leonette said with a smile. “Hi everyone,” Grace said rushing over to David and Mira. Mira only rolled her eyes at the six year old.

Stats'

Leonette: So many future housemates this is great!
Mira: More Gryffindors...

Who we're with: Each other, Crash, Ronna

User ImageUser Image

The Clarisse Kids...

((Outfits in pics))

mc2
Essy ze Ninja

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:27 am
Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash
Third Year Gryffindor

”Oh, y’know, just keepin’ on keepin’ on,” he mused, running his fingers through his hair and ruffling it out of habit. His gaze diverted away from David to spot one of his cousins had cropped out, and of nowhere too, and stare at him, almost blankly. She reminded him of a few girls from the orphanage, always so serious. ”Heck yeah, I’m a Gryffindor too, only the best are.” He laughed, it was impossible for him to keep such a straight face. But he puffed out of his chest and smiled, a heroic stance taking over him….. Until he let out a short breath and it all crumpled back down to his normal, slouched posture.

When David pointed out his sister, who, he had to admit, she kind have looked familiar, but, wouldn’t have been able to put name to a face if his life depended on it. He never was good with names. ”Yo, sup, nice to meet ya’ll,” he nodded to Chloe and then waved to the rest of his family in general when he explained the situation of who was who, his tattoos shining on his forearms. ”Future Gryffindor, huh? Well we’ll be rooting for you at the sorting feast, right?” He laughed and nudged David playfully in the side of the arm with his elbow.

If it hadn’t been for David, Crash probably would have never noticed Ronna when she slipped into the store. She was so quiet, which was unusual for her, right? Ronna always seemed so bold and expressive; unrelenting of herself. ”Hey Ronna,” he smiled, simple and sweet. ”How’re ya?”

Second Hand Robes
with the Mitchell and Clarisse Family and Ronna
Gryffindor Pride

User Image User Image

murruelecreuset
mc2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:32 am
Essy ze Ninja
murruelecreuset

User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Wow, what a crew!

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna blushed at being pointed out and corrected, "Reserve beater, and that was only because we were desperate. Anyways, I probably won't even be a reserve beater from what I heard over at the ice cream shop. Apparently everyone and their brother is trying out for Gryffindor beater."

She looked at Leonette and said with a smile, "Last year when Dad read up on the houses he wanted me to be in Ravenclaw... you see how that went. We actually got a lot of Hufflepuffs in the end, last year but at first it looked like only Slytherin." She shrugged.

She smiled slightly at Crash's question and said with a shrug, "Been alright I suppose. Dad kicked me out for a week or so and sent me to London to pick up supplies. Apparently I was driving him 'bloody bonkers' back home. I think he's up to something though... anyways, so I got kicked out and have free reign for a bit. More exciting up here than Hawkinge at least. What about you?"

User Image

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:47 pm
The Mitchell Girls...

Mira was beginning to believe that her sister would fit in well with all these Gryffindors… They were so full of themselves thinking they were the best. That was hardly what they were as far as she believed. “Sure… I doubt that…” Mira replied clearly unimpressed. “Don’t mind her she’s got a thing against anything red, gold, or lion.” David chimed in. It was beyond him why Mira had to be that way and to think he’d have the pleasure of seeing in three years’ time. Luckily it was only for one year.

“That’s right just like my father.” Leonette said happily. “Yeah of course,” David agreed with a smile as he looked over at Crash. “Thanks you guys although I think David’s going to keep on bugging me about me only wishing it to come true.” She said honestly. “Well yeah but that’s only me picking fun come the feast you have my full support.” he told her. “Come on Ronna you were there for the team when we needed you the most that’s something to be proud of.” David told her. “Don’t sell yourself short I’m sure you will. I’ll make you a bet that you’ll probably be first or second reserve beater.” He bet.

Leonette listened to where Ronna was supposed to be as far as her dad wanted. Before she could say anything more Grace chimed in. “Everyone says I’ll be in Ravenclaw mostly because I’m constantly correcting my sisters and I’m reading books above my age.” She said you could tell that she was hoping it. “Yeah we did get a lot of Hufflepuffs.” Chloe beamed. The more the merrier in her mind really. Apparently Ronna was kicked out of the house. “That’s nice of him. It must be nice to have freedom for a bit.” David commented.

Stats'

Leonette: Can't Wait!

User ImageUser Image

The Clarisse Kids...

((Outfits in pics))

mc2
Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:31 pm
Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash
Third Year Gryffindor

A scraggly wiggle of eyebrows and then he shrugged, laughing off Mira’s comment and along with David. It was a funny thing to live around muggles, and then be thrust into an all wizarding community. It still made him feel—or maybe that was just the after effects of that wild ride from the Knight Bus; he still felt a little dizzy. He glanced left and right as conversation exchanged, and he shifted his weight from foot to foot, trying to guess what each of them were thinking right then there…

It wasn’t working.

”A night on the town, eh? I didn’t think your dad would be the type,” Crash assumed, leaning on his skateboard. ”—Thought cops were always protective and whatnot. At least… It is in all the movies.” He blinked, glanced between David and Ronna for approval and then shrugged. What was he even trying to think of again…?

”All of the houses are great,” he mentioned when he heard talk of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. ”As long as it’s not Slytherin, they’ve been getting too many students for their own good lately—but at least they didn’t get the cups for another year again, right?”

Second Hand Robes
with the Mitchell and Clarisse Family and Ronna
Gryffindor Pride

User Image User Image

murruelecreuset
mc2

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:56 pm
Essy ze Ninja
murruelecreuset

User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Oh... he's overprotective.

➳ ➳ ➳

"Several nights on the town," Ronna corrected Crash holding a finger up like a teacher teaching a student. "Hawkinge is a thirty minute bus ride and a couple hour train ride using Muggle transit. And, you haven't met my Dad he is the overprotective type-way overprotective. He just trusts me to take care of myself, too. Also, he is the type to know if you are too protective the child will rebel. And like I said, I think he's up to something and wanted me out of Hawkinge for a few days."

She turned her attention back to David and said, "There are a lot of upperclassmen trying out, right? And I didn't grow up with brooms or have an opportunity to fly over the summer so I'm at a disadvantage. I mean I have been practicing my swing some but that only goes so far," she ended with a smile.

When little Grace piped up she joined in with Crash in praising the other houses, "I always was correcting people and reading above my age too as a kid, but I end up in Gryffindor. Of course I'm stubborn as all get out so that might be why I end up as a Gryffindor. However, from what I have read the hat will listen some if you request a specific house. It doesn't always put you in the house you want but it does take your choice into consideration... and I don't buy the whole 'all Slytherins are bad' rubbish. I mean they have an odd turn to them usually but they can't all be bad."

User Image

{ }

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:35 pm
The Mitchell Girls...

“Your Dad’s a cop?” David had no idea that her father was a cop. He wondered what it would be like to have a father like that. His dad worked in an office so his job wasn’t all that exciting. “My dad used to constantly be on my case. He still kind of is but at least it’s not as bad as it was.” He commented. “That’s only because you like to cause trouble.” Chloe stated just as Leonette’s robes were done.

David was still set on the idea that Elli would see the talent Ronna had. “For beater there’s Keith, Cam, and Tevye so that’s three, two on the team, one reserve then we have you which places you as reserve number two which means I’m right.” He told her still confident that he was right. “Even if new people try out you’ll be higher up then them.” Leonette took an interest in the topic of Quidditch. “I want to try out for chaser or keeper. Remy said I should go the chaser route.” Leonette said still excited about the idea of trying out.

"I beg to differ..." Mira said believing that Slytherin was the best house possible to be in. "No kidding." David agreed with Crash. At least they hadn’t have won the cup. “I’ll vouch for you Belle taught me a lot in the dueling club before she graduated and she was a Slytherin.” He piped up. “And don’t forget Marina she’s also a Slytherin and she’s actually pretty nice.” Chloe added. “We’ll see where I end up in five years.” Grace replied wondering if she would end up where everyone said. “Oh I’m Grace by the way I go by Gracie mostly.”

Stats'

Leonette: Can't Wait!

User ImageUser Image

The Clarisse Kids...

((Outfits in pics))

mc2
Essy ze Ninja

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:48 pm
User Image
The Snow Family
Elton, Carter, Shayna, Ryan, Denise

Sapphire Snow

"Sapphire sweet heart... Are you sure you want to get second hand robes?" Denise asked as they entered the shop. Sapphire's parents had had to go home to take care of the other children... So Denise and Elton were conned into taking the girl shopping for her robes and such. Sapphire just looked up at her. "Yes auntie Deedee. I'm going to buy my own robes without any help from my mum or da." Elton shook his head. How his cousin could have a daughter such as Sapph no one knew... But here she was.

The blonde skipped through the store looking at the different robes. Moving around the group of people talking. They were annoying her. While Denise left Carter and Ryan with Elton to help the girl find some robes. She would sigh whenever the girl would glare at her and go to a different section. She was being a handful... Elton just watched and rolled the stroller occasionally not paying very much attention and almost dozing off. Each time he almost dozed off the twins would whine in their nap and he would raise an eye lid to check on them.

(O.o.C.)

With//Where//When// Thoughts

Each other and the other Hogwarts Students// Second hand robe shop// Today // Denise: Will she just let me help?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:28 am
Essy ze Ninja
murruelecreuset

User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Hmm... didn't think of tryouts that way.

➳ ➳ ➳

"Small town stuff usually. Busting kids for smoking or partying. Couple robberies. I remember when I was around nine there was a family that was murdered..." She glanced away, "He didn't talk a lot for a while after that."

She then forced a smile and brightened, "But generally he loves his job. Got me made fun of in school some as a 'goody-good' but I think it is awesome what he does. I mean he's a Muggle cop but still, pretty awesome right? It's an important job. I want to follow his footsteps just with the wizarding equivalent someday: Dad wants me to do something boring in law that pays well and is safe."

She rolled her eyes and added, "And actually, I do technically have a curfew. I'm staying with one of my Dad's old school mates up here and he said I have to be in before the buses stop running-which is like two in the morning."

She wasn't going to argue Quidditch though David did have a point, putting it out logically like that. She smiled at Leonette's excitement to join the team but decided to focus some attention on Gracie who obviously wanted to join in. Leaning down she fluffed Grace's hair wondering what it would have been like to have siblings and said, "Gracie, I'm sure wherever you end up they'll be lucky to have you. After all, people are more than just the house they are sorted in. I think Dad read me a quote that they do the sorting too soon in one wizard's opinion. Dad's always reading in his free time. We switch books: he lends me his criminology books to read and I lend him my wizarding books to read. See, for example I read all the time and I still got Gryffindor? Well I also beat the neighbgor boy up anytime he was being a prat too so..." She ended with a chuckle, "Nah, I've given up on giving black eyes... less groundings."

User Image

{ }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Diagon Alley

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash