Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Cranville Quincey's Magical Junk Shop ~ NPC Owned, Available

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Junk Shop is a junk shop located in South Side, Diagon Alley, next to Second-Hand Robes and sells secondhand items such as broken wands, lopsided scales, etc. In 1992, Harry, Ron and Hermione found Percy in this store reading a copy of the book Prefects Who Gained Power.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:21 pm
This shop is available for people to roleplay in. If you would like to have a character own the shop, please apply here.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:49 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss

Wearing:Casual Clothes sporting a new hair color

♜ DOB: June 22, 2011 ♜ Height: 5' 7" ♜ Birthplace: Hawkinge (technically Dover), Kent, England ♜ Current Residence: London, England ♜ Muggleborn Witch ♜ Current Student of Hogwarts ♜

How selfish can you get?

Veronica let go of Theo's wrist immediately when the door to the cluttered shop closed. She balled her fists, both shaking, before she turned and said annoyed, feeling a few tears form in her eyes, the tears she couldn't cry when she first was told about her father's death, not when she saw his body at the crime scene (taken there by a family friend by her request), and not at the funeral. She hadn't wanted to appear weak. And it wasn't like tears would solve anything, but in her annoyance and anger at Theo's pettiness in dealing with Alex and what she considered overly selfish behavior, she could feel some finally p***k at her eyes.

She snapped at Theo, "You selfish arse! Did it just slip your mind that I've spent all day trying to put on a good face...? Hell, I've spent days doing it! Three days ago I watched my father's ashes get dumped in the ocean! Last week I got to see my father-my Dad who raised me as a single parent since before I could walk- on the ground with three bullets embedded in the center of his chest!"

"Oh, no, instead you keep whining about some preteen romance that went sour and I listened because I'm your friend and let you vent," Veronica snapped. "I went so far as give you the opportunity to save face in front of Alex but instead you act with the maturity of an school yard brat and have the audacity to use the word mature to describe..."

Her voice broke suddenly and she dropped down to the floor of the shop and took a deep breath, and grabbed a handful of hair with each hand and tugged slightly at each fistful of curls she had. "Really?" She said with a shaking voice before letting out a bitter laugh, "Honestly, I'm sort of surprised I didn't slap you for being such an idiotic and selfish prat... but I can't just constantly lash out at people, either." She let go of her hair and placed her hands on the floor as she sat there, losing the energy to say anything more and just waited for him to say something-anything.

She had wanted to pretend nothing was wrong in her life. She wanted to be immovable. She wanted to put on a cheery face. She wanted to continue to be able to joke-but everything from the past week and a half had boiled over finally. Hell, she probably would have been fine-or at least that day-and be able to continue it, if it wasn't that she felt as if she had been smacked in the face by her own falseness in acting as if nothing was wrong and Theo being the one to snap first.

♜My wand is Inflexible, 13 inches, Laurel, with a Dragon Heartstring Core and Slightly Knobby

♜I am the daughter of the late Officer Brian Kiss. My mother? Does it matter... she left before I remember and now comes back when she feels guilty after making a new family I want no part of and the divide is too great to bridge if I even tried... The problem is there is no erasing the past and you can only move forward and so I will...
♜Yet, this summer, I shall do my reflection in my own way... gather my thoughts, keep busy, and move forward-it was always a possibility and Dad had planned ahead properly. Be thankful for what you had, right? And, of course, trust that in the end justice will always win.

{ }

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:13 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Soon-To-Be Third Year

When they had gotten in there, Ronna burst into what seemed like a relentless torrent...directed at him. She called him everything in the book and brought up how she was trying put on a good face. This just made him even more irritated, because now the truth was going to surface about him, which he hinted at earlier. "Ronna...seriously? Your father was a great man who lived a great life. And you recognize that right? Ronna...I've been putting on the same face my whole entire life. I was in an orphanage until I was five, because I was left at the bloody doorstep for the next person to take care of. The only reason I was adopted because I was juggling a football very well and maybe my adoptive parents saw something good in me. I don't know. But the point is...I have never known my father...my mother. They didn't want me Ronna. They never wanted me. I-am-a-mistake," he said sternly, looking to the ground, for he couldn't bear to look in the girl's eyes while saying this. He had never told anyone this before in his entire life. This was what he thought on his situation. "I...I am not supposed to be here Ronna...unlike you, Alex, and her bloody girlfriend that yeah, I may have been harsh on, but the reason behind that is not her, but Alex. I thought Alex was one of the first people to care about me in a long time. My adoptive parents probably care, but seriously, they can never replace a biological parent. Yes it was a preteen romance, but my desire to actually not think I'm some kind of failed contraceptive made it way more than that. And quite frankly to see...another...girl...which only added to it, kissing my ex that I thought really legitimately cared about me not even a month ago took its toll on me. Can you not see it? I'm not like this Ronna...ever. I don't just go out and insult people like that. Not usually, but my success seems to be the only thing that can reassure myself that I was put on this earth for a reason.

He finally looked back at Ronna who was on the floor. He had not noticed; so he went over to. "Your father was a great man...I know...I've read the papers and every now and again I'll see something. He lived a life of a true hero and you have a distinct memory of that Ronna. Just know that. You might not understand it, but it is better to die a hero like he did, then it is to live the life of a commoner. He will be remembered, not just by you, but all that worked with him...for being the best man he can be. Which is what I am trying to do as well," he said to Ronna, a small smile as he placed his hand on her back. He hoped to help her realize how much he father actually did for the community. He was one of those ordinary heroes that didn't come straight out of the comic books, but ran the streets of the community to help protect her.

He took his hand off of her back and stood up, looking the other way. "But my memories...the reason why I am so irritated and would result to attacking anything...mine are non existent. I should not be here like the rest of the students. Because my parents...unlike your father...had the audacity to scar me for life...instead of protect me like your father did. I was a little kid who was hopeful at one point, hopeful that they would come back someday, but I've come to the realization a long time ago that is never going to happen. You have all the right to be mad at me, just know that your father meant the best for you. He was the reason you were protected at night. He was the reason that community was safe. He is a hero. So stop trying to put on a good face. You won't have to if you remember all the memories you had with him. But me...unlike a lot of people...I have been putting on the same face for my whole entire life and will have to keep doing it. It has come to the point where my face that I put on has become the actual me, but every now and again, what hides underneath rears its ugly head. Call me two-faced, but I've realized that people much rather deal with my smile...then have to deal with the mean, virulent person I can be. I should've handled it better...I recognize that already, but I am impulsive and when you are impulsive and mean, there is no holding your tongue," he said to her, sitting against a wall. Not really knowing what else to say. He did not believe that this argument was irreparable, but what he said to the poor girl that got caught in between, he actually felt bad about, because he was being truthful when he had said she was beautiful and she was quite the looker. But the way it came out was completely wrong and it almost embodied his 'first' nature in a whole. It turns even the highest compliments to insults

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:20 am
User Image
Veronica Kiss

♜ DOB: June 22, 2011 ♜ Height: 5' 7" ♜ Birthplace: Hawkinge (technically Dover), Kent, England ♜ Current Residence: London, England ♜ Muggleborn Witch ♜ Current Student of Hogwarts ♜

He really needs to learn to judge people better... Alex putting people before herself? I don't see it.

Her first thought was to snap at Theo again, but that generally was her nature. And like she said she couldn't just lash out at people. Instead she took a minute sitting there letting Theo's words digest in her head. And instead she answered with a small smile cracked at him, "Theo, we're Gryffindors... being impulsive is kind of in our nature. And, Hell, I'm pretty sure at least half our house needs anger management classes..."

"And, about Dad... the thing is you never met him. A lot of those reporters never met him. He was murdered in a breaking and entering call, yeah, he was a cop, but that isn't just who he was," Ronna said. "Its easy to paint someone like that as some fictional hero, but he was a real person, too. He had his faults. And, you complain about not being wanted, and me to not understand, and maybe no one ever will completely, but the thing is I know what it is like to be unwanted by a parent, too. My mother picked her career over her own family-a daughter who wasn't even one at the time. She mailed my Dad the divorce papers without even mentioning she was going to leave and the kicker is she signed over full custody of me to my Dad. That's not exactly the best example of mother of the year. Dad may have wanted me but my mother... yeah, I was inconvenient in the end so she just left. And, now I get to see her and this new perfect family she has now that fits in to her plans just like she wanted, and she's only here because it would look really bad if my only biological relative didn't at least show up. Especially a mother. Image is important, right?"

Ronna stood, a bit shakily, and continued before sitting down on her knees in front of Theo who was leaning against the wall, "And, Theo would it have mattered really if you saw Alex kiss another girl or another guy? The problem is you aren't over her. You're still letting her be your kryptonite. She ditched you. Don't you see your better off without that type person? It's stupid to try to hold onto things that are out of your reach. And if you're not supposed to be here, well tough, you're here now whether people wanted you here or not. It is up to you to figure out what to do with the here and now."

After her speech she took a deep breath and suddenly hugged Theo and said, "You're worth exactly how much you think you are worth. Let others judge your worth and you lost a piece of yourself and you just gave up your own greatest power. It's up to you, but I wouldn't let Alex, or anyone else take power from me. That doesn't even make you a victim-that's just killing off a part of yourself. That's having the power to do something but not... that's called giving up." She let go of him and took a deep breath before narrowing her blue eyes at him as she stood, her expression becoming stern as she crossed her arms across her chest, "Giving up is what really makes someone worthless, Theo, not whether you have a successful career or not, not if you are rich, and not if you are gifted, and one of the best in something, or not."

♜My wand is Inflexible, 13 inches, Laurel, with a Dragon Heartstring Core and Slightly Knobby

♜I am the daughter of the late Officer Brian Kiss. My mother? Does it matter... she left before I remember and now comes back when she feels guilty after making a new family I want no part of and the divide is too great to bridge if I even tried... The problem is there is no erasing the past and you can only move forward and so I will...
♜Yet, this summer, I shall do my reflection in my own way... gather my thoughts, keep busy, and move forward-it was always a possibility and Dad had planned ahead properly. Be thankful for what you had, right? And, of course, trust that in the end justice will always win.

{ }

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:40 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image

Theo laughed a bit when Ronna began to talk about the general characteristics of Gryffindors. It indeed was true. It was extremely true because it seemed like everyone was like that...Alex, Leonette, but only sometimes with her. She really was one of the nicest girls he has ever met, well, that's what he thought of Leonette. Then there was Ronna, who was most definitely impulsive. He never really noticed how general the trait was until that moment. "Yes, I know, it's just sometimes I wish my impulsiveness wasn't so relentless. If I thought through what I say, maybe I wouldn't have insulted Anastasia, which I do feel really bad about. I would apologize, but she probably would not like to see me...ever again. She got caught in between, and her and Alex seemed like they rubbed it in my face, which brought out my inner beast. And my inner beast is not tamable. Once it is there, it will tear down everything within sight," he said, shaking his head, as he leaned back up against the wall. He hated the feeling he got when his abandonment issue was brought up. It gave him a pit in his stomach from the stress that it caused. It made him irritable, mean, anxious, and quick-triggered, all things that he has never been known for. He had his faults, but he tried to cover them as best as possible, but he failed horribly this time around.

That's when Ronna started to talk about her father as if he wasn't the hero that he was. He frowned slightly at the girl's doubt. "That is not true Ronna. I can see the way he was...through you. I didn't just get my opinion from the papers. They say the best judge of character is your children. And Ronna, your father undoubtedly taught you everything you know when it comes to morals and as far as I know, you always mean well, despite not relaying that the best way, you are loyal to your friends and will stick by them which is admirable, and you also don't take anything from anybody. I mean, look at the way you spoke with Alex. You obviously were a bit more composed than I was. I know your father taught you to be that way. I just about know it. Sure, I could be wrong, but if you are to judge on your father's character, your father is a hero," he said to her truthfully, but monotonously. He was tired...exhausted was an even better word for it. The mental toll this day had already took on him was almost unbearable, but he had to do it, for Ronna of course. No more arguing...no more being a little baby about Alexandria.

Theo then looked at Ronna, shaking his head. "Yes Ronna...I wasn't over her then...but as of now, I am done with her," he said to her confidently, ferocity marking his facial features. He didn't care if she cared about him...well...he did, but he tried not to. Just like how she didn't care if he cared about her. "And trust me, giving up is no longer an option for me. I'm already beginning to make my mark on the world...just wait..." he said to her confidently, his confidence beginning to inch its way back to him.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:17 am
User Image
Veronica Kiss

I'm going to have to buy something from here this summer to make up for this, I feel like...

"If you are worried about what you said to Anastasia, you could indirectly apologize to her," Ronna said, relieved that in the end his confidence was coming back. "For example, talk to Alex and say that you spoke out of turn to Anastasia and you are sorry but didn't want to make her feel any worse by forcing your presence on her. I mean apologizing is never easy... trust me, I know... but it would show an attempt on your part to fix your mistake."

"And, about Dad... it isn't I ever thought he wasn't a hero. He was great. He was the best Dad a girl could ask for and he stepped up to the plate and became a really great mom too," She said with a faint smile, "I mean he was a Hell of a better mom to me that my actual mother. I just want to remember him for how he was completely. I want to remember the little things like he trained his owl to bite me whenever I didn't write a response to him right away... that he was constantly borrowing my books about the wizarding world and my text books... that instead of bedtime stories he would tell me about various court cases... that he had me drinking coffee when I was like six... things like that I want to remember. Like I said, the little things. He was a hero, just like the papers said and people said, but he was other things too."

She smiled and held out a hand to Theo to help him up, "Anyways, I think we've made enough of a scene in this shop for today. It's good to hear you still have that determination in you."

"Oh," She added suddenly, "And considering the situation with Alex, we-or you- probably should figure out what the so called "official" story is with us. I mean, something probably will happen with the rumor mill at school and you'd lose some face if it turned out I supposedly dumped you this summer. To tell you the truth I have a lot on my mind, and you'll be busy with your classes, but first rule of crime-be sure to have a cover story."

She smiled and said, "Anyways, we should finish shopping for your stuff or if you rather we can stop by a cafe or you can stop by Carl's and my place for a bit and you can attempt to stomach my cooking. No, we actually have left over chicken in the fridge: I can use a microwave." She cocked her head and said, "But seriously, it is up to you. Like I said earlier I can pick up anything on your list you don't get since I live around here now."

{ }

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:53 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image

Theo shook his head in refusal. "I can't do that Ronna. Quite honestly, I can't speak to Alex at all right now. I really can't, because I believe I'll snap. So it is a lost cause. Plus, I don't even know what I would say. It's best to just give up on that venture," he said to her sternly, completely dismissing the idea in his head. He couldn't do that yes, for it was not possible to do without his emotion getting in the way. He couldn't risk another breakdown in his facade like what happened today. He felt like he could very well hurt someone or himself. He couldn't let that happen.

"Yeah, we should go. I've just about had it with Diagon for the day already. Let's go back to your place," he said to her, thinking that he might get some amusement in seeing Ronna cook. He really wanted to see her cook, but as soon as she said that they had left over chicken, he let out a sigh. "Really? I wanted to see you cook!" he said amusingly, laughing a bit.

"I will send you a list if I find I need to buy anything else," he said to her calmly. "And about the cover story, I have no idea what to say about that one. We can try to figure it out later maybe? I have no idea what our story is going to be," he said, laughing a bit. He truly didn't, but they were supposedly a thing now...well...at least, that was what Alex thought most likely. So, he knew the way she talked, and that rumor would spread around quickly.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:42 am
User Image
Veronica Kiss

I'm going to have to buy something from here this summer to make up for this, I feel like...

"Did you want to see the flat burn down too?" Ronna said with a raised brow. "No, I can cook some really basic things, like spaghetti, but I never saw much of a reason to learn to cook. Besides, it is amazing what you can microwave. I suppose, I am pretty good in potions, so in theory I could cook, right? Anyways, I can brew a splendid cup of coffee or make a mocha-so I suppose if all my life plans fail I could always become a barista." She ended in a smile

She then added seriously, "Carl's not at home right now, though, as I really can't picture him letting Trisha in his place and he said he was meeting with her. Your guardians seem the protective type, are you sure they'll be okay with you coming over? The place is over near near Leicester Square, so you could call your parents and verify if you want once we're back in Muggle England." She pulled out a cell phone and said, "The phone's acts up whenever I'm in Diagon Alley, so yeah..."

"Anyways, we can figure out the story over a meal or whatever and you can always borrow Bessie, my Dad's-well my- owl, and just send a letter to Alex if you are so worried about talking to her," Veronica added. "I assume you know her address and there is the perk that the owl does bite if you tell her to and wanted to be petty."

She cocked her head to the side and said with a small smile, "Ready? You can lead the way. It's your choice where we go, but I agree with you, I'm over Diagon Alley for the day, too. We got the important stuff-your text books."

{ }

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:13 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

User Image

Theo smiled at her as she mentioned burning the house down. The idea of Ronna cooking just pleased him, because she was always the girl that seemed to be more like a boy than anything. She enjoyed sports, and had the typical feminist personality, one that says women can do anything men do, which was true, but cooking was generally regarded, or even associated with women. Or maybe Theo just sucked at it. He didn't know, but the chuckle at the thought of Ronna cooking him something would keep him amused for a few minutes.

"My guardians have no choice to say no...they aren't my real parents after all...and they generally let me live my life. It is part of the reason why I don't sleep in their main house, rather more of a tree house kind of thing that Patrice, my adopted father, and I have worked on, in which he had carpenters make the finishing touches," he said, shrugging his shoulder a bit. His adopted parents were always lenient with him and always tried to let him live. They acted like parents when it came to serious situations however. It wasn't that they couldn't say no to him, quite the opposite, they didn't desire to. They hated depriving the boy of anything that could positively effect him, but they also respected his maturity enough, well, whatever maturity he have. He really didn't show it that day, but today in general had not gone well. Ronna was the only thing keeping him from not being a total ball of depression at this point. What Alex did was cold and he could not believe it happened, but he had to get past it...so he could enjoy the rest of his day with Ronna.

"I'm just giving up on that Ronna, there is no point. Out of sight, out of mind, but let's go," he said, smiling, as he put his hand on her back to pulled her with him gently, and not forcefully. It was more of a small nudge to say 'let's go'.

(OOC: Do you want to just skip to the house? )

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:08 am
User Image
Veronica Kiss

He's still picturing me cooking, isn't he?

"Guardians are still legal guardians," Ronna said with a frown. "I mean legally they have the right to restrict your actions if they wanted to. I guess, though, it is kind of like Carl who lets me have free reign-and the flat is naturally set up so that the extra bedroom is sort of in its own wing. Well, his bedroom is on its own floor, so maybe the architects just designed the place for antisocial people... Of course, my room is mostly boxes at the moment. I have my own personal bathroom, though."

She shrugged and tensed slightly as he placed her hand on her back to lead her out of the shop. "Out of sight, out of mind? Problem is things don't stay that way," She sighed. "I mean we really do need to figure out a cover story. I don't really care what it is, but still..."

She smiled and added, "Well, off to my-well Carl's-place right. Ooh, I could say I crash at my lawyer's flat now and it would be totally true. That's actually kind of amusing. Anyways, you'll have the choice of spaghetti or chicken heated up when we get there... oh or muffins, Carl picked some up yesterday for the week."

{ }

RedEagleEye007

(OCC: makes sense to skip the house, especially since the train is in, now. I'll pm you so Ronna and Theo can make up the cover story she spoke about.)
((OOC: End of scene? Exit from the shop.))  
Diagon Alley

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games