Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Questions, Comments, Concerns : Suggestion Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

perfectmistake123

3,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:25 pm
how exactly are we going to roleplay through typing?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:47 pm
spanishbabe122

Roleplay through post involves playing a character, like you do with real life roleplaying. You then make posts as that character. Most roleplays online are done in groups using 3rd person perspective. Your posts describe the actions, dialogue, and thoughts of your character and in some cases the setting and atmosphere of the area your character is.

If you are from a more literary background, you are writing a story together with others in a world created by an author/leader by writing the parts that involve your character by assuming the role of the character.

If you are from a gamer or tabletop role playing background, then the author is like the dungeon master of your game and you are one of the characters/adventurers/etc in the cast of characters. If you are used to things like statistics and game rules being applied, then there is a dice rolling feature that you can use with your posts. This usually is explained by the author/dungeonmaster of your roleplay.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:50 pm
spanishbabe122

The same way books tell stories through typing... You just type some actions and dialogue, interact with other characters ect.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:59 pm
Phoenix347
spanishbabe122

The same way books tell stories through typing... You just type some actions and dialogue, interact with other characters ect.

Oh ok i just wanted to make sure since this is my first time. I got it!  

perfectmistake123

3,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250

perfectmistake123

3,250 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:00 pm
Novama
spanishbabe122

Roleplay through post involves playing a character, like you do with real life roleplaying. You then make posts as that character. Most roleplays online are done in groups using 3rd person perspective. Your posts describe the actions, dialogue, and thoughts of your character and in some cases the setting and atmosphere of the area your character is.

If you are from a more literary background, you are writing a story together with others in a world created by an author/leader by writing the parts that involve your character by assuming the role of the character.

If you are from a gamer or tabletop role playing background, then the author is like the dungeon master of your game and you are one of the characters/adventurers/etc in the cast of characters. If you are used to things like statistics and game rules being applied, then there is a dice rolling feature that you can use with your posts. This usually is explained by the author/dungeonmaster of your roleplay.

Thank you that was helpful!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:25 pm
So I have a question and figured this was as good a place to ask as any. Since you guys are doing your guild overhaul, I imagine you are dumping a lot of threads that have died, or are irrelevant to the subforums they make up. What are you doing with all of the inactive rps? Because I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want a piece me and several others have worked so hard to device be chucked merely because our group has moved on to other things. I'm sure that some rps are dead ends from the start, like ones that barely get a page in before screeching to a stop. However, some of the longer running ones should be given a little more respect, me thinks. Consider all the hours we've put into their fruition, only to have that effort and creativity dumped and forgotten by the ageless cosmos.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could create an archive of sorts, because though we don't post in our unfinished works, doesn't mean that we don't go back to them to relive, re-enjoy, and learn new things about them.

Thank you for your time and I hope some light will be shed during this tumultuous transition.

Sincerely,
A very concerned Bard  

Foxi Doll

Alien Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:47 pm
Foxi Doll
So I have a question and figured this was as good a place to ask as any. Since you guys are doing your guild overhaul, I imagine you are dumping a lot of threads that have died, or are irrelevant to the subforums they make up. What are you doing with all of the inactive rps? Because I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want a piece me and several others have worked so hard to device be chucked merely because our group has moved on to other things. I'm sure that some rps are dead ends from the start, like ones that barely get a page in before screeching to a stop. However, some of the longer running ones should be given a little more respect, me thinks. Consider all the hours we've put into their fruition, only to have that effort and creativity dumped and forgotten by the ageless cosmos.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could create an archive of sorts, because though we don't post in our unfinished works, doesn't mean that we don't go back to them to relive, re-enjoy, and learn new things about them.

Thank you for your time and I hope some light will be shed during this tumultuous transition.

Sincerely,
A very concerned Bard

We currently archive quite a bit. If you pm us to save an rp or that it's finished, we move it to a special forum.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:36 pm
Novama
Foxi Doll

Sincerely,
A very concerned Bard

We currently archive quite a bit. If you pm us to save an rp or that it's finished, we move it to a special forum.

Ok that is good to know. I suppose then that my next question would be if the archive is currently open to us members for viewing?  

Foxi Doll

Alien Sex Symbol

8,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:46 pm
Foxi Doll
Novama
Foxi Doll

Sincerely,
A very concerned Bard

Ok that is good to know. I suppose then that my next question would be if the archive is currently open to us members for viewing?

Currently only the 'Saved' and 'Vip' forums are unlocked for general members to view old threads. The archives are locked. Rp's can be produced at request assuming they haven't been bumped into oblivion. Each forum can only hold 24 pages of content before the threads disappear from gaian user access.

VIP is for the finished and relatively long/big rp's.

Saved is for the 'unique' rps that have various circumstances for saving.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:04 pm
Here's a question that can be thrown out there, could there be a universal chat room we could flock to or maybe an optional thread for our Skypes to be put in? ouo Communication is a key thing to finding the right RP partners owo  

Lewd Samaritan

Timid Sleuth

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:59 am
Katina Coulange
Here's a question that can be thrown out there, could there be a universal chat room we could flock to or maybe an optional thread for our Skypes to be put in? ouo Communication is a key thing to finding the right RP partners owo

A guild wide chat has been made in the main forum at your suggestion. We will try it out for now. It may be renamed and moved at some point depending on how it goes.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:17 pm
So Im coming back from a long hiatus, and Im noticing that everything seems to be U/C...any notice on when that will change and when did it start? Also the captain placed a post they you are looking for crew members but the captain has not been online for sometime...  

Toxic Rorita Dreams

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:56 am
Toxic Rorita Dreams
So Im coming back from a long hiatus, and Im noticing that everything seems to be U/C...any notice on when that will change and when did it start? Also the captain placed a post they you are looking for crew members but the captain has not been online for sometime...

We are currently looking for crew. Captain is working out rl circumstances but is not gone.

The U/C forums will be opened up again as they are needed. Current activity makes fewer forums more ideal.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:39 pm
are we no longer active? =[  

NamekWoman

Cluttered Lover

9,650 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:21 am
Notchwood
are we no longer active? =[

We are definitely active, but we may not be as active as you might like since you're asking. sweatdrop

Lately, we have stepped back our inviting members initiative, so there is a membership decline which may lead to sleepy forums.  
RPFLA Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff