Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Questions, Comments, Concerns : Suggestion Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baroness-Aiyanna

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:20 pm
Hi there, I had a question, probably more for a VC. I just opened a new writing/RP guild and would like to become an affiliate. How might I go about that?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:40 am
Suggestion:
1. condense the subforums. Fantasy/non-fiction/fan rp....something similar that allows several genres of rp's to fit into one. this allows rp'ers to congregate better rather than being dispersed among the many sub forums. The forums have a handful of sub-forums, but barton is a place where a majority congregates. This works because it brings people together in a common place making rp's really easy to find and participate in. The sub-forums are necessary when looking for specific types of rp's, but the guild currently doesn't have enough activity that multiple forums are necessary.

2. Make the guild public again. More posting, even by non-members is good.

3. The rules are posted. The sub forums need hall monitors less, and guild hypers more. The crew should be a solid group that is inviting the members of gaia regularly. In the beginning, there was a guild owner and a tight group of rp'ing friends for crew. It was through their rp'ers and mass invitations, that they grew their numbers and rp's.

4. Crew that is MIA for weeks and months at a time are not crew. It's good to know who you have to rely on. Who is doing something, and who is just taking up space. While keeping them as crew is fine, giving them any responsibilities would be unwise.

5. The crew call out is currently not necessary. You have active members. You have a handful of active crew. Unless all your inboxes are flooded with pm's from members, or members spend all their gaia time looking at threads and modly duties, then you do not need more crew. What you need is more members to create those problems. When you get those problems, you know you need more crew and that you are doing a good job in revitalizing the guild.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

nocturnumque

Kitten

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:06 am
I read in one of the sub-forum rules that inactive threads were to be deleted? I believe this is a very good idea. I'd be more than willing to help in doing this, if it's something you're willing to go forward with.

And the guy above me is right as well, in most aspects at least. You could also start removing inactive members, and encouraging people to invite friends from other guilds or RPs to join this one. Via PM, of course. Blatant promoting is frowned upon in most guilds.

This guild has a lot of potential, but the main thing is that people don't want to be apart of a guild that has so many old threads. It's time to start fresh.

heart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:39 pm
It seems that most role-play in this clan is mostly pre-sets, which is a bit out of my taste because I do like using my own characters to role-play. Is there a section where I can find casual, custom role-play?  

yeetOnfeet

Liberal Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200

MorazaDarkheart

Dedicated Lunatic

6,950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:39 pm
Novama
Suggestion:
1. condense the subforums. Fantasy/non-fiction/fan rp....something similar that allows several genres of rp's to fit into one. this allows rp'ers to congregate better rather than being dispersed among the many sub forums. The forums have a handful of sub-forums, but barton is a place where a majority congregates. This works because it brings people together in a common place making rp's really easy to find and participate in. The sub-forums are necessary when looking for specific types of rp's, but the guild currently doesn't have enough activity that multiple forums are necessary.

2. Make the guild public again. More posting, even by non-members is good.

3. The rules are posted. The sub forums need hall monitors less, and guild hypers more. The crew should be a solid group that is inviting the members of gaia regularly. In the beginning, there was a guild owner and a tight group of rp'ing friends for crew. It was through their rp'ers and mass invitations, that they grew their numbers and rp's.

4. Crew that is MIA for weeks and months at a time are not crew. It's good to know who you have to rely on. Who is doing something, and who is just taking up space. While keeping them as crew is fine, giving them any responsibilities would be unwise.

5. The crew call out is currently not necessary. You have active members. You have a handful of active crew. Unless all your inboxes are flooded with pm's from members, or members spend all their gaia time looking at threads and modly duties, then you do not need more crew. What you need is more members to create those problems. When you get those problems, you know you need more crew and that you are doing a good job in revitalizing the guild.

While I would in the past not like to agree with Novama, I feel he is correct on points 1, 3, and 4. Though I am agreeing with the 8 month old passing remarks of old ghost such as myself, so I'm not sure what good that does.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:45 pm
So i had a question of where to start for what is open. I feel a bit hesitant on what to start on for role plays. Anyone got ideas?  

touketsu_makai

Cione Davnira-Hollywood

Shy Gaian

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:55 pm
Can someone tell me what all RPs there are, and where they are located?  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:00 pm
Cione Davnira-Hollywood
On the main forum page, they are at the bottom of the list, with most 1x1 RPs under " ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]" and group RPs under "~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]"  

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Cione Davnira-Hollywood

Shy Gaian

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:05 pm
Phoenix347
Cione Davnira-Hollywood
On the main forum page, they are at the bottom of the list, with most 1x1 RPs under " ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]" and group RPs under "~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]"

I don't see any for Dead Space, Mass Effect, Transformers, RWBY, Soul Eater, or some others I can't list at the moment.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:20 pm
Cione Davnira-Hollywood
Phoenix347
Cione Davnira-Hollywood

I don't see any for Dead Space, Mass Effect, Transformers, RWBY, Soul Eater, or some others I can't list at the moment.

If you can't find what you're looking for, make it! Maybe collaborate with a couple other people if you have a hard time setting up roleplays or want help generating plot ideas.  

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

Cione Davnira-Hollywood

Shy Gaian

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:59 am
Cadenza of the Heart
Cione Davnira-Hollywood
Phoenix347
Cione Davnira-Hollywood

If you can't find what you're looking for, make it! Maybe collaborate with a couple other people if you have a hard time setting up roleplays or want help generating plot ideas.

Collaboration would probably work best for me.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 11:47 am
Cione Davnira-Hollywood
Cadenza of the Heart
Cione Davnira-Hollywood
Phoenix347
Cione Davnira-Hollywood

Collaboration would probably work best for me.

The ~Roleplay Planning and OOC~ subforum is a good place to start, lots of people are in there looking to generate ideas.  

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

Weeamoo

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 7:25 am
QUESTION

Hello, my name is Living Eternally, and though I do plan on increasing activity here, I'm in the process of making my own Guild with the basis being off of an old roleplay of mine trapped somewhere amount the forums of this Guild. As a Member and not Crew, I am not capable of accessing it; however, I require some information. It would be very helpful if someone could simply copy and send the text of plot, story, rules, concepts, things like that. I'd appreciate it, but of course, it's up to y'all. Here's the thread, and I very much hope you'd be willing to consider aiding me. Thank you for your time.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:29 pm
Cione Davnira-Hollywood

Guild Captain Witch sends out a weekly Guild Announcement with the names of new and active rps in need of people. If you are looking to join, thats a good place to start looking.

If you are looking at creating a roleplay of your own, you have no real limitations. You can make any type of role play and run it how you wish so long as it abides by the guild rules and Gaia's Terms of Service.

If you need some advice on the dos and don'ts of making a roleplay, or even assisting others in making roleplays ( co-creating roleplays is one way to go about it as it gives you someone to help bounce plot ideas on and to help keep it from becoming inactive) You can either click the link in my signature or visit the school subforum.

I recreated the thread in my signature in there to assist and advise others as needed with their roleplay questions and problems. All I ask is that if you post in the thread in the guild you quote me so that I will be able to respond in a quick and timely manner.  

Arrinae Tsuki

Quotable Phantom

RPFLA Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas