Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Questions, Comments, Concerns : Suggestion Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:26 pm
I do not mean to spit fire here, merely voice some thoughts.

1. While the ideas of condensing the subforums is an admirable one, the work involved would be tremendous, with possibilities of losing RPs, accidental deletions and many other woes. Also, the subforums do not simply go back a couple years, I have seen RPs from 2008, no farther but that is a HUGE amount of work, since you cannot delete more than one thread at a time.

2. The ideas of reinitializing the RP school is a good one, especially since many people here could use the advice and practice that the senior RPers can offer. But who will run it? Something like that takes a great deal of determination, diligence, and resilience.

3. Here is what I meant about the spitting fire part. Misstearaven was inactive for a long time before I demoted her. Upon my demotion, Kaykeyser reinstated her VC status while stating to me that he was possibly going to leave her the guild. Has anyone seen her post about the goings-on in the guild lately? I mean really? I believe Kay just wanted the attention. And Checking the member list, it shows Raven hasn't posted in the guild once since 4/15/13.

4. Lastly, as I am sure everyone knows this, Kay cannot delete the guild without a good reason. The reasons he gave in the announcement are not good reasons, and most likely an Admin would not think so either. Safe to say unless a large number of members started to blatantly disobey the ToS, the guild will not be shut down.

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:26 pm
>_> I don't see it as spitting fire. It seems constructive to me.

1. Deleting is, for the moment at least, reserved for things which ask to be deleted, break TOS, or have never been posted in even once over a long period. As for condensing, the roleplay ones are sufficient as is, aren't they? I thought we were discussing the miscellaneous areas. Part of Your World needs to be fixed, whoever changed the subforums around originally waylaid that poor fellow.

2. I don't mind 'running' the school, but I disagree how much attention it needs once it's going. While I call it a 'class', it's more like leaving up a walkthrough guide to roleplaying for people to reference and use at leisure. If they have a question, they'll be encouraged to ask, and anyone will be welcome to answer. If no answer if forthcoming, and they really want it answered, they can escalate it to being something to PM a mod about and we can get them the answer. I've already planned on writing up some courses, I've asked member Coranho if we might use his character planning, and other members will be able to post classes as well. Then it becomes a community effort, and a 'mixer' in and of itself. That's my thought on it, anyway. Opinions, peoples? o-o

3. Oh, I see. I haven't heard anything. o-o The month's half over though, so we should know what his decision is soon, since he said the month's end was the deadline.

4. I didn't know he couldn't delete it without a good reason. o-o Learn something new every day.  

WitchAlchemist
Captain

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:43 pm
WitchAlchemist
>_> I don't see it as spitting fire. It seems constructive to me.

1. Deleting is, for the moment at least, reserved for things which ask to be deleted, break TOS, or have never been posted in even once over a long period. As for condensing, the roleplay ones are sufficient as is, aren't they? I thought we were discussing the miscellaneous areas. Part of Your World needs to be fixed, whoever changed the subforums around originally waylaid that poor fellow.

2. I don't mind 'running' the school, but I disagree how much attention it needs once it's going. While I call it a 'class', it's more like leaving up a walkthrough guide to roleplaying for people to reference and use at leisure. If they have a question, they'll be encouraged to ask, and anyone will be welcome to answer. If no answer if forthcoming, and they really want it answered, they can escalate it to being something to PM a mod about and we can get them the answer. I've already planned on writing up some courses, I've asked member Coranho if we might use his character planning, and other members will be able to post classes as well. Then it becomes a community effort, and a 'mixer' in and of itself. That's my thought on it, anyway. Opinions, peoples? o-o

3. Oh, I see. I haven't heard anything. o-o The month's half over though, so we should know what his decision is soon, since he said the month's end was the deadline.

4. I didn't know he couldn't delete it without a good reason. o-o Learn something new every day.

Okay thanks for the update. And I like the school part. Now that it is explained out in a more simple manner, it seems much more...simplistic razz
Yup asked an Admin myself, and he said that a large active guild required solid reasons to be deleted upon request of Gaia Members. This isn't a common thing, with active or inactive guilds, so this guild is pretty much safe smile Besides, I remember Kay pulling this stunt long ago.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:22 am
I just read the announcement. Is this guild disbanding? o.o  

Suelita_M

Shirtless Bloodsucker

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:42 am
No it is not
Suelita_M
The post directly above yours says as much. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:46 am
Galactic_Fusion
No it is not
Suelita_M
The post directly above yours says as much. smile
*looks up* Oh. Pfft, okay. Thanks. ^_^  

Suelita_M

Shirtless Bloodsucker

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:17 pm
              Haha. I already knew that a guild can't just be deleted, unless under good reason. Like the TOS being broken. That's what happened to The Yaoi Guild. Heard from Yami himself about that. But in my head- I pictured a number of scenarios where the guild could have become inaccessible. For starters... kay could have just kick all the crew and locked everything. What a tragedy that would be, huh? What I really didn't want though was for the guild to just be passed from one inactive person to another cause, really, that seriously wouldn't solve s**t and just put everything back at square one.

I really love the school idea. I can see myself taking part in it. Seems like it would be fun really.

As for the condensing. I agree. I think some are okay the way they are. However- if you guys do implement the TAG SYSTEM, is there a need to having a 1x1 subforum anymore? Since really- 1x1 can practically be in any subforum now if they just use the tags to differentiate the role-play threads with either or [G]. Weren't you thinking of making 1x1 into a Personal Ad subforum instead, Witch?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:26 am
WitchAlchemist

I had somebody suggest that we use one of our empty subforums for an area to collaborate with other users on making up a roleplay
Someplace to collab. would be awesome, as I too have had problems with writing up a good plot for a roleplay.  

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:56 am
I tried PMing a Gaian mod about TYG and they said Yami had to deal with it. If someone was cybering or whatever, I don't see why they had to punish all of us for it. I explained that a lot of hard work and writing is being denied us by their deactivation of the guild but all I got was, "We can only speak to the Captain about this matter". -__-

I digress. I don't see a need to segregate 1x1, I hadn't considered it being the Personal Ad subforum but that's a good idea. Even if the Tag isn't implemented, people already post 1x1's everywhere. It's been that way since forever, which is why I suspect no one ever addressed it.

I don't know if I see what you're saying on the collab thing. I usually just PM people if we need to discuss rp details. o-O Wouldn't that fall under RP OOC anyway? Do you mean just posting up a 'hey, I wanna make a roleplay about vampires, help me people'. Or do you mean they grabbed people and got them to come to a thread to talk about a roleplay in more detail than wherever they got started? o-O >_> *someone who spends most of her time daydreaming and has never really had to collab other than some fine-tune details for my partner's happiness*. So I really don't know. ;-; XD

That's just me though, XD, if majority wants it and you think it's best, then we'll roll with that. Whatever is best for members and makes most sense works for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:52 pm
              I heard from Yami and this was what he posted up about the whole Guild incident. A message straight from the mod who deactivated it.

Hello,

This is an official warning from Gaia Online for requesting/distributing Sexually Explicit Material.

Your guild has been disabled as it encourages the posting of Yaoi and the encouragement / tagging of the guild as a place to post shounen ai. Discussions of shotacon were also located and have been present for more than six months without any moderation by your guild staff. Any reference to ***** in a way which is not a discussion of news or from an “academic” angle on Gaia is strictly prohibited. Posting anything which encourages underaged sexuality- including but not limited to shotacon, lolicon, etc, is absolutely not acceptable.

Additionally, there were picture posts made in 2010 with explicit nudity which were not removed by yourself or your moderators.

Posting, requesting, distributing, offering, or linking to sexually explicit material anywhere on Gaia Online (including, but not limited to, private messages, the forums, profiles, Towns, Games, and Arenas) is not permitted. Sexually explicit material includes content such as explicit photographs, text, artwork, video or cybersex conversations.

Please be aware that continuing this behavior could potentially result in further actions being taken, up to and including a permanent account ban.

We appreciate your understanding as we try to keep Gaia a safe, fun place for all members!

Flameinexile
                  Gaia Online Site Moderator

Seriously- the things mention in here hadn't been touched in years. So.. why now? Really... I'm just furious at the fact that I have so many rp in there and now I can't get to them anymore. Ughh... All I gotta say about that is 'Bullshit!' >x>;

About the collab thing- I mentioned the same thing to the person in question. I think the obvious place would be to use the RP OOC subforum. I dun see a need to have a space just for working on collaborations/collaborated role-plays. The could just use the RP OOC to plot and plan, and decide on what needs to be posted and who will post it. Afterwards, they can just go to the RP subforum of the appropriated genre and post it there. Right?

Anyway... onto another matter. I was wondering if I can create a tag system for the Chatterbox Main. I already started using [GA] for the forum games I've set up in there and it seems to be catching. Maybe have [DC] for discussions and [CT] for contest while any thread that do not fall under these category don't need tags. I was also thinking I can set up a thread explaining this and then make another post to use as a directory for a list of Forum Games I planned on setting up in the Chatterbox.

Example:
              • First Post - Tag System explanation
              • Second Post - Directory: List of Forum Games
                  Game Title
                  - explanation of the game/how to
                  Game Title
                  - explanation of the game/how to

and so on.

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:29 pm
DO THEY EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY'RE SAYING? I bet that mod is a homophobic bigot. Furthermore, I wonder how they have time to notice little details of one of their many thousands of guilds...but they can't seem to figure out that the Gaian towns become havens for cybering at night....heck, some of them do it in the day time. But let's punish the people that spent countless hours writing in their roleplays by taking away their ability to even look back on it. That...frustrates me intensely. I digress. Thanks for sharing though. ;-;

I agree about the collab in the OOC forum. All ye in favor say 'aye'? XD

You amaze me. I have no problem with you implementing that system, I encourage it highly. When you have it written as you like, please let me know so I can post an announcement in the Chatterbox, and then you can be post itt up in that announcement thread so it doesn't disappear or get disregarded. >_>  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:22 am
Their are a lot of mods. who have been rude on guilds with those sort of disbandments. one guild actually god banned for having two many members. though their is one thing. i'm having a problem with, why can't their be a seperate form for roleplay requests and advertisments.  

Yakusoku Hime

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:22 am
              Pft. I've had trouble with that particular mod before. Flameinexile got on my case a couple of time just because the total byte size of my sig was a little too big and she blocked it. Haha. Had to pay a 100g fine just to access it and fix it. But seriously- I had that sig for like... months. lawlz. It was a pretty funny case.

Anyway- I think this took me way longer than I had wanted it to. I think there two we can do this. One... just put everything in one thread.

Thread Title - Announcement: Chatterbox Guidelines(? or whatever name you think would be suitable)
                • First Post - Rules
                • Second Post - Tag System
                • Third Post - Directory: Forum Games

Or two, make three separate threads.

• First Thread - Announcement: First Read: Chatterbox Rules
                • Second Thread - Sticky: Second Read: Tag System
                • Third Thread - Sticky: Directory: Forum Games

About the rules. Truthfully- I think all the rules need a little revamp/update but Im kinda just focusing on the Chatterbox cause that will mostly be my main hangout. If you didn't know, I love forum games. I can totally just do them all day. And ya know... just working one subforum at a time and we'll eventually put everything in order- somewhat. xD

Formatting. I know my ways around bbc coding and I just love it when things are neat and orderly... so, uh, sorry if its too much? >w>;

The RPFLA Chatterbox Rules and Guidelines
                  The Chatterbox Subforum exist for general chatting, off-topic discussion, contest, bumping and spamming, advertisement, and forum games as long as thread topics and post abides by Gaia's Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines.

• Anyone posting, linking, and/or requesting anything above the PG-13 content will be banned and/or reported.
                    • Post at your own risk; you will be held accountable for every post and threads you makes.
                    • Do not harass, stalk, abuse or do anything outside of the TOS and R&G to your fellow members
                    • You are NOT allowed to ban members from posting in your threads.
                    • All members should be able to post/voice their opinions.
                    • Thread Subject are to be eligible and sensible and related to the topic being discussed.
                    • If things become too heated for you guys to handle, just avoid posting; PM the Captain or any other moderators for help.
                    • NO scam threads are allowed anywhere within this Guild. Please notify a crew if you suspect a scam.
                    • Do not make double threads. These are threads with the same Title, same Story Line, and are pretty much just Copy Paste.
                    • Avoid Quote Towers and Large Images as to not stretch the page. Please and Thank you.

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=24][color=RED][b]The RPFLA Chatterbox Rules and Guidelines[/b][/color][/size]
[color=#6495ed][size=14][b]The Chatterbox Subforum exist for general chatting, off-topic discussion, contest, bumping and spamming, advertisement, and forum games as long as thread topics and post abides by Gaia's [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/info/index.php?mode=tos]Terms of Service[/url] and [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/info/index.php?mode=rules]Rules & Guidelines[/url].[/b][/size][/color]

[color=black][list][list][*]Anyone posting, linking, and/or requesting anything above the PG-13 content will be banned and/or reported.
[*]Post at your own risk; you will be held accountable for every post and threads you makes.
[*]Do not harass, stalk, abuse or do anything outside of the TOS and R&G to your fellow members
[*]You are [b]NOT[/b] allowed to ban members from posting in your threads.
[*]All members should be able to post/voice their opinions.
[*]Thread Subject are to be eligible and sensible and related to the topic being discussed.
[*]If things become too heated for you guys to handle, just avoid posting; PM the Captain or any other moderators for help.
[*][b]NO[/b] scam threads are allowed anywhere within this Guild. Please notify a crew if you suspect a scam.
[*]Do not make double threads. These are threads with the same Title, same Story Line, and are pretty much just Copy Paste.
[*]Avoid Quote Towers and Large Images as to not stretch the page. Please and Thank you.[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/color]

The RPFLA Chatterbox TAG SYSTEM
                  The TAG SYSTEM are made to help member easily search and differentiate between the many different thread topic that can/will be found within the Chatterbox. Please always use them when applicable.

[GA] - Forum Games
                      Any threads relating to forums based games such as word associations, avatar above you or avatar below you games, counting games, story games, your preference games, and/or anything similar must have the [GA] tag applied before the subject title.

[DC] - Discussions
                      Any thread relating to a form of discussion or extended communication dealing with some particular topic or exposition must have the [DC] tag applied before the subject title.

[CT] - Contests
                      Any thread relating to or dealing with gold/item giveaways, minishop, and/or charities must have the [CT] tag applied before the subject title. Scams will NOT be tolerated. If suspected of scamming you will be reported and/or banned from the guild.

Anything that does not fall under these categories, such as bump and/or spam threads, do not need tags.

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=24][color=red][b]The RPFLA Chatterbox TAG SYSTEM[/b][/color][/size]
[color=#6495ed][size=14][b]The TAG SYSTEM are made to help member easily search and differentiate between the many different thread topic that can/will be found within the Chatterbox. Please always use them when applicable.[/b][/size][/color]

[color=black][list][list][b][GA][/b] - [i]Forum Games[/i]
Any threads relating to forums based games such as word associations, avatar above you or avatar below you games, counting games, story games, your preference games, and/or anything similar must have the [GA] tag applied before the subject title.

[b][DC][/b] - [i]Discussions[/i]
Any thread relating to a form of discussion or extended communication dealing with some particular topic or exposition must have the [DC] tag applied before the subject title.

[b][CT][/b] - [i]Contests[/i]
Any thread relating to or dealing with gold/item giveaways, minishop, and/or charities must have the [CT] tag applied before the subject title. [b]Scams will NOT be tolerated[/b]. If suspected of scamming you will be reported and/or banned from the guild.

Anything that does not fall under these categories, such as bump and/or spam threads, do not need tags.[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/color]

RPFLA Chatterbox Directory: Forum Games
                  Below you will find an alphabetical listing of forum games, along with a link and description, that can be found within the Chatterbox subforum. The list will be updated regularly.

• Change one word: Story!
                      The first poster starts off with a short one sentence story. The next poster takes one word from that story and changes it and the next poster does the same thing BUT keeping the previous change, making the story different with each post.

• Corrupt A Wish
                      One person makes a wish and the next poster corrupts it and then make a wish of their own.

• Five Word Story
                      The first poster write five words, the next poster continues with another set of five words and so on to make a story.

• True or False
                      Make a statement about the person who's going to post next. That person will then respond with either a True or a False in accordance to whether the statement is true or false for them. Then that poster will make their own statement for the next poster and so on.

• What item would you steal from the AAY?
                      Look at the avatar of the person who last posted, and post what item they're wearing that you want to steal from them.

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=24][color=red][b]RPFLA Chatterbox Directory: Forum Games[/b][/color][/size]
[color=#6495ed][size=14][b]Below you will find an alphabetical listing of forum games, along with a link and description, that can be found within the Chatterbox subforum. The list will be updated regularly.[/b][/size][/color]

[color=black][list][list][*][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24034437][b]Change one word: Story![/b][/url]
The first poster starts off with a short one sentence story. The next poster takes one word from that story and changes it and the next poster does the same thing BUT keeping the previous change, making the story different with each post.

[*][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24036787][b]Corrupt A Wish[/b][/url]
One person makes a wish and the next poster corrupts it and then make a wish of their own.

[*][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24037511][b]Five Word Story[/b][/url]
The first poster write five words, the next poster continues with another set of five words and so on to make a story.

[*][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24032991][b]True or False[/b][/url]
Make a statement about the person who's going to post next. That person will then respond with either a True or a False in accordance to whether the statement is true or false for them. Then that poster will make their own statement for the next poster and so on.

[*][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24032725][b]What item would you steal from the AAY?[/b][/url]
Look at the avatar of the person who last posted, and post what item they're wearing that you want to steal from them.[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/color]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:43 pm
Alright! Posted it up!

If anyone can think of any questions, comments, concerns with Gandering's rules/system, speak!

Otherwise, for my part, I found everything reasonable, literate, and well-made. crying

Thank you, Gandering!  

WitchAlchemist
Captain

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:53 pm
              YOU ARE SO WELCOME!
              I was happy to make it.

BUT! If you plan on putting it all in one post, I actually have to change the coding as to avoid the 'centering' glitch.

ALSO. LOL You put 1013 instead of 2013. My gosh! We have time traveled!

ANYWAYS! - Fixed Code below:

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=24][color=RED][b]The RPFLA Chatterbox Rules and Guidelines[/b][/color][/size]
              [color=#6495ed][size=14][b]The Chatterbox Subforum exist for general chatting, off-topic discussion, contest, bumping and spamming, advertisement, and forum games as long as thread topics and post abides by Gaia's [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/info/index.php?mode=tos]Terms of Service[/url] and [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/info/index.php?mode=rules]Rules & Guidelines[/url].[/b][/size][/color]

[color=black][list][list][*]Anyone posting, linking, and/or requesting anything above the PG-13 content will be banned and/or reported.
              [*]Post at your own risk; you will be held accountable for every post and threads you makes.
              [*]Do not harass, stalk, abuse or do anything outside of the TOS and R&G to your fellow members
              [*]Thread Subject are to be eligible and sensible and related to the topic being discussed.
              [*]If things become too heated for you guys to handle, just avoid posting; PM the Captain or any other moderators for help.
              [*][b]NO[/b] scam threads are allowed anywhere within this Guild. Please notify a crew if you suspect a scam.
              [*]Do not make double threads. These are threads with the same Title, same Story Line, and are pretty much just Copy Paste.
              [*]Avoid Quote Towers and Large Images as to not stretch the page. Please and Thank you.[/list][/list][/color]

[size=24][color=red][b]The RPFLA Chatterbox TAG SYSTEM[/b][/color][/size]
              [color=#6495ed][size=14][b]The TAG SYSTEM are made to help member easily search and differentiate between the many different thread topic that can/will be found within the Chatterbox. Please always use them when applicable.[/b][/size][/color]

Any thread relating to or dealing with gold/item giveaways, minishop, and/or charities must have the [CT] tag applied before the subject title. [b]Scams will NOT be tolerated[/b]. If suspected of scamming you will be reported and/or banned from the guild.

Anything that does not fall under these categories, such as bump and/or spam threads, do not need tags.[/list][/list][/color]

[size=24][color=red][b]RPFLA Chatterbox Directory: Forum Games[/b][/color][/size]
              [color=#6495ed][size=14][b]Below you will find an alphabetical listing of forum games, along with a link and description, that can be found within the Chatterbox subforum. The list will be updated regularly.[/b][/size][/color]

[color=black][list][list][*][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24034437][b]Change one word: Story![/b][/url]

[*][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24036787][b]Corrupt A Wish[/b][/url]

[*][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24037511][b]Five Word Story[/b][/url]

[*][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24032991][b]True or False[/b][/url]

[*][url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24032725][b]What item would you steal from the AAY?[/b][/url]
              Look at the avatar of the person who last posted, and post what item they're wearing that you want to steal from them.[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/color]

Maybe make the directory a separate post instead? Since that needs to be updated whenever new forum games are made in the subforum?

If so, maybe I can post it instead in that thread so I can update it myself as not to bother you with it? I will be in there often anyway.

Here's the code w/ out the Directory if you wanna do it this way. If not, wse the one above and I can just quote you with game updates and you can post them in yourself. = w=

[*]Avoid Quote Towers and Large Images as to not stretch the page. Please and Thank you.[/list][/list][/color]

[size=24][color=red][b]The RPFLA Chatterbox TAG SYSTEM[/b][/color][/size]

Anything that does not fall under these categories, such as bump and/or spam threads, do not need tags.[/list][/list][/color]

[size=24][color=red][b]RPFLA Chatterbox Directory: Forum Games[/b][/color][/size]

RPFLA Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff