Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Questions, Comments, Concerns : Suggestion Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:11 pm
This thread, as the title suggests, is for any questions you might have, comments you would like to make, or concerns you'd like to have addressed. If you have suggestions for improving the guild, or ideas for events, mixers, etc...we welcome you to post them here. Thank you in advance for your efforts!

Please note, this thread although welcome to comments and concerns regarding guild issues, is not to be used to slander/complain about other members/roleplays/etc...if you're having issues with harassment or feel a rule has been broken, please PM a VC or crew member privately and we will see it addressed. This is a positive environment, and meant to promote community. Thank you!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:12 pm
This Post Reserved For Updates.-  

WitchAlchemist
Captain

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:10 am
              Can I address the so call TAG SYSTEM?

When was it implemented? Actually- did you guys even discuss that with the members before you posted it up? I only just saw it recently, strangely enough, and I check the thread fairly often already as it is. Posted on Wed, Sep 19, 2012. Seriously? That was a year ago and when I read those rules a year ago, that was not there. I was sure that talk of adding a tag system has only been mention like back in April, 2013 when Galactic posted the new suggestion thread. Was an old post just revamped or something. I think there should have at least been some sort of announcement for it or a voting session/trail period for the TAG SYSTEM so that members can give their feedback on it.

In my opinion- I think it needs to be a bit more simplified then that and it seems to take up quite a bit of the subject text space.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:52 am
You can address whatever you'd like. XD

It shouldn't have been forcibly implemented. o_O We had been discussing it, and it was going to be something introduced gradually. I originally suggested the TAG system in the Crew area, the idea was well-received by Crew and we voted on what to go in it, I believe. It never got off the ground though.

We intended to implement it as optional at first, and then make it mandatory once people had started seeing it in use/etc. The same rules used very successfully by The Yaoi Guild, which you yourself mentioned having been in, along with a few other guilds I've seen. More that I probably haven't. I remember being irked when I realized I was being forced to use some tagging system, and then realized it actually helps quite a lot and makes things much more organized. We didn't consider it something to make a guild-wide vote, we as a crew majority voted that it would be beneficial to the guild even if it irked members at first. And it would be, it's a good system.

Can you link me to the post you're talking about? The mention of TAGs I knew of being posted was just a precursor.

If the Tag is considered too detailed, that would be something to review and probably get member input on. At the time we talked about it though, we all agreed it would be a beneficial system to have [the TAG system itself, not necessarily the TAG code we came up with], so it wasn't something we offered vote on. It just made good sense.

But we've lost that crew and haven't officially implemented it, I don't consider it a priority to start the TAG in lieu of other concerns and lack of crew force at present. When we have a new crew, the idea will again be put to debate as it comes up.  

WitchAlchemist
Captain

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:32 am
So I have this crazy idea. Once the new Captain is assigned and has had time to get rid of inactive crew members and such, I think I have a wonderful idea. It will take time... and effort...and a very capable couple of captain and vc's. (I believe the guild will have to be temporarily closed for a week or so to get this done.)

Re-condensing the subforums.Yes, I understand why the uppers did what they did but by doing that, you are separating the people off into branches. Not many people are going into those individual subforums and looking at every role play. So here is my idea:

Fantasy love and action stay.

Under fantasy we can put the following under there:
-Dice Roll/D&D.. Technically it's fantasy
-Series/fanbase (fantasy because it's one's fantasy being lived out...if that makes sense)

Change the Horror title to 'Real life' where
-horror/ mystery
-military
-Social
All of those are realistic...

And so on and so forth.. If you can see what I'm doing?

And then the question of what we can do to clean it up comes up:

Get rid of any rp's that have a date later than 2011. They aren't coming back and need to be gone. So anything with the dates between 2011-2013 we keep.

THEN! Now here comes the tough part. We go into a rp and get the url to that specific rp and set up a thread in the main section saying RP links!

That is where we will categorize them by their grouping and people will be able to see what is accepting and what is active. I would suggest having two-three people working on that since crew. VC's an captains can edit a post to add a new rp. Have one person work from the first page, and the other work from the back that way no one can run into each other.

I would go with a word document and put the url's in there so if Gaia kaputs on you have a backed up list. and it makes it much faster than going from one thread to another.

If you want, I can post something in the main thread titled example so you can see what I mean.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:43 am
WitchAlchemist

POST LINK: here

It's actually in almost all the RP subforums. = w=; And I was just curious about it is all. I don't see any problem using a tag system. I just think that it could be simplified a bit though.

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:59 am
EucalyptusCoral

I like the idea but I think the Series/Fanbase should stay its own subforum because a Fantasy, Love and Action subforum should be for original idea/role-plays and whatnot while a Series/Fanbase (which i think should be be changed to: Series-related/Miscellaneous subforum instead) should be intended only for role-plays that are based mainly on existing series of TV shows, movie, manga, book, game, or any other form of media or entertainment.

I believe there should also be a subforum made solely just for those who enjoy Yaoi/Yuri just so that it is easier to find and those who want to avoid those type of role-plays knows to avoid it instead of accidentally clicking on a thread that deals with it and may feel offended by it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:05 am
Gandering Fool

There used to be one back in the day. Yaoi and yuri I mean. And the fanbase one, I can see where you are coming from on that...

I also think the 1x1 should be just that. Nothing else intermingled with it. It makes it very hard for people to find a good 1x1...

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:11 am
EucalyptusCoral

Was there? Just for yaoi and yuri? I can't seem to remember. lol It's been too long.

And agreed. The 1 x 1 should stay as it is. Despite the genre of said 1 x 1, it should still go into that subforum. But lately- I've been seeing them in other subforum however; like in the RP for Love and the RP for Action.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:31 pm
o-o Good gracious, that system confuses even me a tad. I was looking more for it to say whether it's single or group, Beginner, immediate, advanced lit, and open or closed. Like...

[1x1][L-A][O] [O being open, X being closed]. That seems the most pertinent information when searching. I could be wrong though. XD

There did used to be yaoi/yuri but it seemed silly to section it off by sexuality, if we implemented the tag system the issue of finding a 1x1 would become moot and we wouldn't have need of a secondary subforum. Since many people do single roleplays in the other forums anyway.

Condensing forums sounds like a good plan, horror to real life sounds good as well. As far as deletion, we've started a practice of archiving old roleplays. People were irked when their roleplays [myself included XD] were deleted irregardless of length and time put into them. They might be old, but they're still fun to look back on and possibly revive someday.

I don't know how to quote you two, but I imagine you'll read this so.. ::Gandering and Eucalyptus::  

WitchAlchemist
Captain

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Haha no worries about quoting. I always check the threads. And I know right? It just seems unnecessary to include how many boys or girls you need for a role-play. You can just mention it in the thread. Reading the role-play thread is suppose to be mandatory after all if you are looking to join it. Common sense.

And that's a Tag System I can actually see myself using. We can make it something like this?

• Single instead of 1x1 as it takes less space
              • [G] Group

• [L-B] Beginner
              • [L-S] Semi-literate
              • [L-A] Advance

• [O] Open
              • [X] Close

• [=] Delete

and maybe:

• [YA] Yaoi
              • [YU] Yuri

Since it does seem silly to section them off- maybe give them their own tag which are needed only when someone specifically just want these type of role-plays?

• Example 1: [G][L-A][O] Role-play Title
            • Example 2: [S-YA][L-S][X] Role-play Title
            • Example 3: [=] Role-play Title

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:42 pm
Sweet, thanks! XD

I thought about the het/yaoi/yuri, wasn't sure if it would be going overboard or not. I'm glad your thoughts align similarly. o-o And brilliant! S makes more sense, especially since there wasn't a good numerical value for group so G makes more sense too. XD

That would solve organizational issues galore. Instead of tediously searching roleplays, it's just right on the title, and then some.

Couple that with forum condensing, it should be a better overall experience for members. Hopefully. >_> If they start coming for blood we'll know too late a mistake has been made. XD  

WitchAlchemist
Captain

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:49 pm
And going off of the suggestion, I've changed Series/Fanbase to Series/Fandom/Miscellaneous. That should cover all the bases on that.

In other news, for any one who remembers, the School of Roleplaying is going to be revived. Or at least an attempt at revival is being made. The secondary Unused forum has been converted, and it's purpose will be to contain 'classes' on roleplaying, [such as grammar, plot/character building, plot possibilities, etc...] and answer questions from those.

More information will be posted in the forum rules, but both crew and members will be able to contribute 'classes'.

Hopefully this is exciting news? >_>  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:23 pm
              Hah yeah. We can have het tag also maybe. Just [HE]?
              Example: [G-HE][L-A][O]

Very easy to use and when you're searching, you can just use the 'Find' [ctrl+f] function on your browser.

And oh gosh. I remember the school. It was practically never used. xD

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:32 pm
Whoot! I like it.

>___> That may be why it disappeared after all the lovely writing work that went into it. crying

The revival shall be...less practically never used. Or die trying. X-x

In other news, THE MEET AND GREET THREAD IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS.

And I'm working on a code for a thread of Roleplayer...how do you call it...Personal Ads?

Not sure where is best to post it. The RPFLA homepage, or make use of the character profiles forum, which is a somewhat unnecessary forum? Maybe even one in every subforum to narrow things down, although people don't always roleplay in just one subforum and it might be best to have them all gathered, especially as we're talking of condensing.

Opinions? o-o  
RPFLA Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces