Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Dragons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Xenar1 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:42 pm
Now before we decide on using the kingdom rules I’ll give my kingdom as a breakdown of the system. I am a dragon with a lair and a small village of kobals in my ‘kingdom’. Naturally I claim the hex (or space of land) that contains my lair. It also happens to contain the village mentioned, being kobals they accepted me, a dragon, without getting rough with them. Let’s also assume I also have a hundred kobal army.

kingdom stats
Economy +6
Loyalty +4
Stability +4
Unrest -2
Consumption 2
Treasury 5 BP (20,000 GP)
This is displayed with all bonuses and penalties that are applicable with information given in first post

Hexs: 1 (roughly 95 square miles)
Number of Settlements: 1

Village no.1 (Ice Cove)
Basic stats
Pop: 150, Kobals, NE
Mods: -1, qualities: 2, danger mod: 0
Bas limit: 1,500gp, purchase limit: 2,500gp, caster level: 3rd

Settlement Modifiers
Corruption: +2
Crime: -4
Economy: -1
Law: +4
Lore: +1
Society: -2

other mods;
Defense: 2
productivity +3
Magic Items: 1 minor potion, scroll, or wondrous item

Settlement Government
Overlord: The community's ruler is a single individual (that’s me) who either seized control or inherited command of the settlement. (Corruption and Law +2; Crime and Society –2)

Settlement Qualities
Insular: The settlement is isolated, perhaps physically or even spiritually. Its citizens are fiercely loyal to one another. (Law +1; Crime –1)
Racially Intolerant: The community is prejudiced against one or more races, which are listed in parentheses. (Members of the unwelcome race or races must pay 150% of the normal price for goods and services and may face mockery, insult, or even violence) (gnomes, elves, dwarfs, halfings, and lastly humans)

Settlement Disadvantages
For the purpose of this example, none

Has the fallowing buildings: Barracks, Hospital, Inn, Shop, Shrine, Smithy, Town Hall
Which I believe a normal village would have. (it is not all and I am not counting houses either)

You would think my stats are good as is but this is only a small look and I haven’t even gotten started on the impact me and the others that run the place will have on the kingdom yet. So simply, I am not done building the kingdom yet.

Post two incoming.... (need like 5-10 minuets to number crunch and other small details.)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:06 pm
There are 14 offices that can be maned by either PCs or NPCs. If left empty they incur a penalty instead of a bonus. The bonus is derived from a normal stat mod. Those that are labeled as optional (also 4 normal optional posts) simply don’t have a penalty if empty. So without further ado I will now add them to my kingdom;

Presidential cabinet
Ruler: me (Chandra) +1 loyalty (+1 mod for cha)
Consort: -none (optional)
Councilor: -none (Loyalty -2. The kingdom gains no benefits from the Holiday edict. During the Upkeep phase, Unrest increases by 1)
General: -none (Loyalty -4)
Grand Diplomat: -none (Stability -2. The kingdom cannot issue Diplomatic or Exploration edicts)
Heir: -none (optional)
High Priest: -none (Stability -2 Loyalty -2. During the Upkeep phase, Unrest increases by 1)
Magister: none (-4 to economy)
Marshal: -none (Economy -4)
Royal Enforcer: none (optional)
Spymaster: -none (Economy -4. During the Upkeep phase, Unrest increases by 1)
Treasurer: none (-4 to economy, The kingdom cannot collect taxes—during the Edict phase, when you would normally collect taxes, the kingdom does not collect taxes at all and the taxation level is considered "none.")
Viceroy: none (If you have no Viceroy for your vassal state, treat it as if it had the Ruler vacancy penalty.)
Warden: none (-2 to both loyalty and stability)

Since I am the ruler I get to pick what my cha mod increases and I picked loyalty. So now to see the damage only having me, the dragon, ruling......

kingdom stats
Economy +6 now -10
Loyalty +4 now -5
Stability +4 now -6
Unrest -2 now -5 (unless mistaken this is per turn)
Consumption 2

So then I need to fill spaces. To simply run the kingdom I will need a few people; treasurer, grand diplomat, and, due to mass combat rules, a general. these will make life much easier. Also since it is unlikely I will trouble myself with day to day running of the kingdom I will need a viceroy too.

Well then the general is easy. You are allowed to promote 1 soldier in your army to the rank, he doesn’t give bonuses yet but no penalties either. So ‘Bob’ is now my general. The former leader and chieftain ‘frank’ is now my viceroy. With carl and joe being the last two absolutely nessisary. The Kobal monster section gives these guys the default abilities of; Str 9, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 10,Wis 9, Cha 8

General: -1 stablity (str or cha) remove -4 loyalty
Viceroy: -1 loyalty (cha) if I am not ruling. Remove by bonus of +1
Treasurer: +0 to economy (int) remove the -4 economy
Grand diplomat: +0 to stability (int) remove the -2 stability
So while not vary good in terms of being helpful it is better than empty seats.....

My cabinet at present (minus optional posts):
Ruler: me (Chandra) +1 loyalty (+1 mod for cha)
Councilor: -none (Loyalty -2. The kingdom gains no benefits from the Holiday edict. During the Upkeep phase, Unrest increases by 1)
General: Bob (level 1) -1 stability
Grand Diplomat: carl (level 1) no bonus
High Priest: -none (Stability -2 Loyalty -2. During the Upkeep phase, Unrest increases by 1)
Magister: none (-4 to economy)
Marshal: -none (Economy -4)
Spymaster: -none (Economy -4. During the Upkeep phase, Unrest increases by 1)
Treasurer: Joe (level 1) no bonus
Viceroy: frank (level 1) -1 loyalty
Warden: none (-2 to both loyalty and stability)

Current
kingdom stats
Economy -6
Loyalty -3
Stability -5
Unrest -2 (i was mistaken) +3 per turn
Consumption 2

So now with the preface done, I’ll try and talk us though the turn system. i can fill my seats as i go with the villages people and turn this into something more positive.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:21 pm
Sorry folks. I'm still here, but I've come down with a sudden case of life. Probably need to consolidate my RPs and just stick with the ones I have, so you guys are more than welcome to take over in my stead. Again, really sorry.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:59 pm
turn 1..... also known as month 1

in a post before this one i rolled a d20, i'll be using it now.

upkeep phase

first my stability check. my 1 hex gives me a control DC of 2. my check must get above that amount. so it's 6(my dice)-5(stability)= -11 failing the check.

failed check by 5 or more is 1d4 (we'll say 2) more unrest + 3 for vacant spots and another -1 for each mod in the negatives (economy loyalty and stability)

unrest -2+8 = 6 unrest

Quote:
If the kingdom's Unrest is 11 or higher, it loses 1 hex (the leaders choose which hex). If your kingdom's Unrest ever reaches 20, the kingdom falls into anarchy

second is consumption.

5-2 leaves 3 BP left to build or buy kingdom items/buildings.

lastly fill any magic item slots that are empty and after that if i had a royal enforcer he could try and influence my unrest.

next phase is Edict

Step 1—Assign Leadership

so i add/find Sally (a cleric/High Priest), Matt (Councilor) and Karla (Spymaster) to the roster and they will be vary helpful in the next turn (which i won't do unless asked).

Step 2—Claim and Abandon Hexes
i skip this part, i am too poor to claim and i can't abandon my only hex while keeping the kingdom.

i may then build on my hex -which i do making the farm and -2 BP and also build or upgrade settlements.

i can also issue edicts as well

i set Promotion to none (-1 stability and +0 consumption) as well as a Normal tax level (+2 economy, -2 loyalty)

Income Phase

i can take money out first (i won't) for 2,000gp per BP, also unrest increases per BP.

i can put money in (i will), 12,000gp of my horde goes in for 3 BP. items can be done as well but if they are worth more than 4,000 it gets complicated.

then i collect taxes, roll 1d20+economy score+unrest. say i roll 15. it's 15-6-6= 3 which is 3 more BP for the treasury.

next is events phase

as you can tell form the rest the kingdoms rules are mechanic heavy. this is the part your most likely to RP in.

finishing up. the current stats for my kingdom starting on turn 2 will look like this:
kingdom stats
Economy -2
Loyalty 0
Stability -3
Unrest 6
Consumption 0
Treasury 7 BP (28,000 GP worth)

much healthier.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:00 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Sorry folks. I'm still here, but I've come down with a sudden case of life. Probably need to consolidate my RPs and just stick with the ones I have, so you guys are more than welcome to take over in my stead. Again, really sorry.

welcome back biggrin

i don't *mind* you staying DM. but we understand. life gets to you sometimes.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:47 am
Ok, i tried to like...
Do something.
And god damn my head exploded.
Im reading through this, and its pretty complicated.
I tried building a settlement with 50 BP
Ended up with unrest of like 10, so i would lose my hex.
awesome...

Also, where are you getting your citizens modifiers?
I was going to try and make a society of Druids, cause thats always ******** chaotic and fun.

So was going to be populated with Fae folk, elves, and the such.
In a forest.
But idk where I get the modifiers for their population.  

TheVulgarUnicorn

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:21 am
druids are neutral, whatever other alignment they have is up to them. since you are making the town, it is up to you smile

chaotic neutral it seems with your post. to build in a settlement is and running it's stats and mods are handled in a different spot of the site. in the Game Mastery Guide => settlements you will find most of the details for the settlement.

usually in a kingdom with one settlement the settlements alignment is the kingdoms.
Quote:
statistics: Chaotic: +2 Loyalty; Evil: +2 Economy; Good: +2 Loyalty; Lawful: +2 Economy; Neutral: Stability +2 (apply this twice if the kingdom's alignment is simply Neutral, not Chaotic Neutral or Lawful Neutral

this is the only thing i can think for population modifiers you mentioned. so your kingdom is more loyal and stable while the settlement in it has more crime and history (lore).

and also, i noticed i calculated by control DC wrong emotion_zombie  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:27 am
I am still interested in playing.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

TarotCards78

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:14 pm
Is this still a thing o.o Because it looks like an amazing idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:56 pm
no idea. all the games i'm in have completely stalled and many others during creation like this one. i wish i could play this one but that isn't going to happen.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Gabriel Lord of Flame

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:56 am
This game has ALL MY WANT! So making a red dragon! Damn, wish pathfinder had the factotum then I could just port an already generated character. Oh well time to experiment!.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:37 am
Xenar1

Well if we can find the people and get all the posts together into one big rulebook for it, we might be able to get it running  

TarotCards78

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces