Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayer Needed for School

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChisaiMix

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:54 pm
So, I have plans to return to school. the program start date is December 2nd but in class doesn't begin until the end of January. I had applied for student loans and as it looks they are paying for my tuition at the very start. Awesome good, but they are only giving me 721 dollars per month. Rent is 600. Plus my phone and internet, and I have to travel an hour for school there and back. The money adds up quickly and I still need to buy food. Financially I'm in a horrible situation. I can work on the weekends during school, but it is a physically and mentally consuming program...5 or 6 hours of homework a night...

I don't want to not start the program because if I take myself out of this intake, I will have to reapply, but the admittance average is changing to something I don't have.

I really want to be in this program, I also feel it's where I need to be...

I don't like praying for money, I hate, but I'm in a spot where without it...I don't know what I can do...

I really need a peace in mind about this... I have just two weeks to decide...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:46 am
Hmm. there was a saying, worry less of what things you gotten and just pray it all to God. Let God do the things for you =) He will not fail you. I too was in that situation. But God really moved swiftly. Remember to pray as well. Even if it's financing X3 Trust me. It's not money that God don't mind. It's when you love money that God does not answer financial prayers.

For the love of money is the root of all Evil =)

Hope this helps. and my you be blessed in what you do!  

Hero just hero

Dangerous Informer

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:24 am
Mixy-Chan

My prayers are with you, luv ♥

Pray always and seek His will and purpose for you. When I couldn't find a job after graduating in office admin, I was depressed, felt like I had no purpose. So I prayed to God about it and ..helping animals came up. I wanted to seek a program that would best fit me and would also please and glorify God. So I decided to apply to animal care for next year. Still awaiting admittance letters but I have faith that I'll get in.

It's okay to ask for His assistance regarding money. As Christiankid_leon_ mentioned: as long as it's not for greed then you'll be fine.

Read His word when you can. Most times, for me, I read a few verses or a few chapters and I read something relating to my circumstances. And it's there that I feel Him talking to me and guiding me.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:29 pm
Leon and Spirit are right. It's not like you're asking him for money to go on a cruise or something Hon. He knows what you need and He's brought you this far. Ask for what you need, He already knows but He still likes for us to ask.
What He brings you to, He'll bring you through. Always. We'll be praying for you. It will all turn out as it should. God bless you and your loved ones. Peace.  

StrongGirlBong-Soon

9,475 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:06 pm
I was in a similar situation where I got distressed when my income couldn't cover my living expenses.
I tried to apply for jobs for extra income, but I couldn't go much as I don't have much spare time after university.

I worried despite I know that I should trust God, my Father who will never abandon me! Regardless, I keep these verses in mind and practice it:
Phil 4:6 [ESV]
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
Jeremiah 29:11 [NIV]
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Then, I received email from several students asking for private peer tutoring! It is a good pay and not much time required (eg. I don't have to learn new skill, I've learnt it on my previous study, and it's a good practice to keep my memory refreshed on that subject). It's like a miracle of God's perfect supply!
I failed when I depend on my ability to solve my own problem by searching for jobs. When I depend on God, job's offers that suit me so well even come directly to my email!

I know exactly that it is not easy to face that situation, but keep on prayer with thanksgiving, let your request be known to God!
I'll keep you on my prayer too dear heart  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff