Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Fear of the Sky; OOC and Planning Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sirus Omega

Manly Noob

8,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:35 pm
This is the Out-Of-Character chat for the role-play Fear of the Sky. This is also where the participants can draw up ideas for how to progress in the role-play. All ideas are welcome.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:13 pm
sephiroth0990
This is the Out-Of-Character chat for the role-play Fear of the Sky. This is also where the participants can draw up ideas for how to progress in the role-play. All ideas are welcome.

QUESTION!

So like... The plot to this will be the continued war between Langston and Cyther but both countries will in time be seeking away to be rid of the dragoons since they hold vital information against the two of them. Is that the main plot?

Also what exactly IS this vital information? Or is that for the leaders of both leading roles to decide?

The cast seems to require a lot of people, can one person take up more than one role? Can we continue with the story and just kill off a character that does not ever come back? I'm really fearful of getting into this and then just having my creation die from the death of the RP! gonk

What is the goal for this RP you have here? Do you want this to be mainly war type, political type, or fantasy violence type RP?

Also here is your stupid exclaim

emotion_omnomnom

Darius D -deceased-

Newbie Noob

Darius D -deceased-

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:15 pm
Put a shirt on dude, nobody wants to see your hairy nipples!

btw

I think I want to be the High Lord of Cyther. I'm going to work on a profile but is there anything else you want in him?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:15 am
stalker_ninja

KamiGearX

Darius D.
sephiroth0990

QUESTION!

So like... The plot to this will be the continued war between Langston and Cyther but both countries will in time be seeking away to be rid of the dragoons since they hold vital information against the two of them. Is that the main plot?

Also what exactly IS this vital information? Or is that for the leaders of both leading roles to decide?

The cast seems to require a lot of people, can one person take up more than one role? Can we continue with the story and just kill off a character that does not ever come back? I'm really fearful of getting into this and then just having my creation die from the death of the RP! gonk

What is the goal for this RP you have here? Do you want this to be mainly war type, political type, or fantasy violence type RP?

Also here is your stupid exclaim

emotion_omnomnom

Revel in the sight of my hairy nips!

Anyways, the plot is actually that Ravenor is being controlled by his dragon, Faluzure (I'm still working on his goddamn profile...), who wants to resurrect a powerful dragon and plunge the world into eternal darkness. Langston's mining operations are in every single way legit, but they (the Langstonian government) promised that any uncovered, magical and non-magical, artifacts would be held in an archive. Most likely at Dynae (I haven't thought that far...). With Cyther, I was hoping to have them doing something rather bad. Something behind the backs of their people. This is also something I haven't thought too much of.

You can create as many characters as you'd like, Darius. ESPECIALLY you, Darius, because the High Lord is gonna die during the prologue. Yes, the prologue will be Ravenor's attack during the Langston/Cyther Armistice signing.
I don't care if character's are killed. You just gotta seek permission before doing so. Honestly, right now, I'm just waiting for the leaders of Cyther and Langston to be created.

As for genre: fantasy violence. I guess. I gotta go to work in a few minutes, so I'm sorta rushing at this point.

Be-tea-dubs: I want to do this role-play in a sort of episodic/chapter form. This OOC will have the brainstormed ideas of people, a poll will be set up, highest arc gets to be initiated first, then the second, third, blah, then after those have been done, we work here on another part of the role-play.

WORK TYME.

Gotta FEED THE ELDERLY  

Sirus Omega

Manly Noob

8,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Machine 500

Darius D -deceased-

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:25 am
sephiroth0990

Alright!

Then I will take up a few rolls. And I really like the idea's you've gotten so far.

The Cytherian government can be conducting experiments on it's people without it's permission, in attempts to create the worlds strongest Poke'mona perfect magic porter; which is a mage that can control the magic all around him without the use of casting spells or using runes that shyt. So basically they are attempting to gain more military strength. The experiments of course will result in many deaths and failed experiments.

Lagnston's, still unaware of the inner dealings of Cyther, should ship all their historical artifacts to Cyther for safe keeping, however, to fund it's experiments Cyther will be selling them for other countries. One of the transactions could have happened between Cyther and the Dragoons. This historical artifact could be the reason why Faluzure developed such a plan and why Ravenor became aware of such activities.

I'm getting to work on some profiles then. I'll make two High lords (the one that will die during the peace meeting and the one that will take over after his death. The second will be the first successful experiment of the Cytherians).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:13 am
User Image
Bree Estineburg
Personality: Bree is a brave and noble woman. Very patriotic for her country of Cyther and shares very little love for the Dragoon kind. Always looking out for her people's best interest, she is a favorite in the house of Cyther.
Biography: Bree grew up in the noble house of Cyther. As a child she was a prodigy of of sealing and space/time magic but had little interest in her countries politics. She was 19 when her father the previous High Lord was killed in battle against Langston over mining territory. At that time Bree became a battle mage to avenge her father. Not particularly strong she later served as a tactician and war adviser and took point in special operations with her peers. Working under cover she learned what it was like for both countries to fight in war-time and developed a type of empathy for all living people regardless of nationality. Bree, however, puts the safety and well being of her people first. After returning from her tour of duty she was elected by her peers to reign as the new High Lord. With some objections she decided she could better serve her homeland in the house of Cyther and was inaugurated ending the rule of the government officials.

She has ruled Cyther for the next 4 years attempting to come to peaceful terms with Langston desperately wanting to avoid anymore bloodshed between their people. After years of defending their borders from one another the Ruler of Langston was swayed by his people to open peaceful negotiations. Bree was the inspiration behind the people of Langston cry for peace; her many political missions seeing success without the use of unnecessary deadly force inspired her enemies and rallied her people.

Bree is a smart planner and always goes in to battle with intel on her enemies and a back up plan. She is rarely caught off guard. She is not particularly strong physically and her magic is best utilized in groups that can support her but alone she can do very little.
Affiliation: Cytherian High Lord
Standing: Undying support for Cyther, allied with Langston, enemies with Dragoons.
Specialization: Battle Mage
Weapon(s): Chakram - A type of throwing knife/boomerang.
Powers:
* - Mega-ton Aura: Causes the magical ether around any specific target to gradually increase over time eventually becoming a deadly, crushing pressure.
* - Spirit Links: Conjures up a variety of etheral barbed wire, chain links, or twine that can restrict, hinder, or suppress a specific target.
* - Hastening: Lightens the ether around specific objects allowing greater move ability. This spell can also cause targets to float or glide though air.
* - Area Lock: Sealing ability that enclose an area preventing targets from exiting or penetrating. Often used as barrier spell but it's primary use is immobilizing targets.
* - Charkradon: Infuses her weapon with a high concentration of magic allowing greater blunt, cutting, or magical damage.
* - Charkaraigon: Congures a barrage of magical chakrams that hone on enemy targets.
Abilities:
* - Intel: Always has intel on eneimes.
* - Rally: Cyterian allies jump at the chance to fight along side Bree with greater courage.
* - Chacoral: Chakram magically finds it's way back to her hands when needed.
* - Insight: Higher understanding of enemy attack patters.
* -Courage: Prevents her senses from being clouded in any way by illusions or emotions.
* -Zeal: Sealing aura around her can neutralize all types of magic that is used on or against her.
Dragon: N/A
Username: Darius D.

This hoe will die... emotion_donotwant

Darius D -deceased-

Newbie Noob

Darius D -deceased-

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:49 am
User Image
Reiz (RAY-z)
Personality: Reiz is a cocky and arrogant and has no compassion for anyone, not even himself.
Biography: Reiz grew loyal to his people and was knighted as a Magi of the house of Cyther at a young age. His peculiar abilities were noticed by the underground organization of Cyther and was invited to join a special task force to further advance the military strength of Cyther. Without the knowledge of the Magi he then worked as a double agent for the secret dealing of Cyther and the main political house. His strange powers got him attention yet again and he was volunteered as one of the first few to experiment with a new method of etheral infusion. Out of the group of 20 participants he was the only survivor. After the large influence of magic injected into him, he lost all his personality and judgment. Further experiments refined him into the porter he is now. Only interested in gaining more power and edger to test the extent of his abilities Reiz willingly helps to further the underground organizations ambitions. Along with his previous life he's lost all memory, due to the side effects of the high dosage of ether, he also lost all his memories of an adopted son.
Affiliation: Cytherian.
Standing: Supports only the underground organization of Cyther.
Specialization: Magic Porter
Weapon(s): Does not use physical weaponry.
Powers:
* - Guise: Dissipates his body into the ether where no materials can touch him.
* - Vapor: Once in the state of 'Guise' can instantly move anywhere in the world, where he has been before, tracing back his presence of magic.
* - Combustion: Causes the ether around him to combust into blue flames, extending around him in the shape of a sphere up to 5 feet.
* - Zenergy: Allows him to actively reshape or dismantle any type of magic used against him.
* - Polymorph: Allows him to materialize tools or weaponry out of blue flames.
* - Etheral Bite: Upon sinking his teeth into a target, Reiz can extract magic and life energy restoring himself.
Abilities:
* - Mana-sight: Can see the position of any living creature by the mana in their veins.
* - Porter: Magic enters the blood stream of Reiz and exits via his arua leaving his ethral signature in the area where he can return in an instant.
* - 0 Tolerance: Prevents the effect of illusions or emotional strife as well as mediation. This also includes positive effects.
* - Mana Mastery: Can preform each of his abilities in instant succession without the use of runes, spells, or incantations.
* - Ether Well: Allow the contiual production of Mana in the body.
* - Apparition's Aspect: Gives off a spooky or chilling presence like that of a ghost. A longer exposure to him can cause fear or delusion. This effect is amplified when Reiz in the the state of 'Guise'.

This gigolo will take over once Bree is dead. I'm not down with him yet, I don't think I like him all that much but this is my main idea of a Cyterian Super Magi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:54 pm
User Image
Dreugar the Black (DRE-gar)
Personality: Dreugar has a strong sense of duty toward his country that is rivaled only by his love of combat. Dreugar takes his orders from the Commandant with great pride but is often distracted away from important objectives solely to fulfill his rivalry on the field with enemy agents. Despite his behavior he has a perfect track record to date.
Biography: Dreugar was born in Dynae and lived as an only child with his parents. Both his mother and father were elite guards of the city so he got used to seeing only one of them at a time, begin as how his father guarded the borders by night and his mother the city by day. It felt only natural that he would follow in their footsteps but Dreugar was different from his parents, he loved confrontation and loved it when the oppritunity to get into a brawls with the other youngins provided itself. When he came of age he took to the sword and learned the basic of Armis Magicae. Surpassing his peers he was immediatley adopted into the troop of the border guards. After only a year in service Dreugar quit and traveled to Langston hearing that there was a need for warriors and mercenaries agaisnt Cyther. His parents were astounded at his crass decision but knew they couldn't sway him, he simply loved to swing around his sword. For the next 7 years Dreugar worked for the house of Langston as a sell sword but after many succesful battles, but mostly due to him surviving so many, he was invited to join a special task force, that specialized in high sensitivity operations, known as the Echelon. Dreugar was honored by being the first non Langston national to be decorated into the group. With the invatation he reintroduced himself as Dreugar the Black, a nick name his peers gave him back in Dynae due to is refusal to wear the traditional guard attire and his own black leather vest; simply because he felt more comfortable in it.
Affiliation: Born in Dynae loyal to Langston.
Standing: Neutral
Specialization: Armis Magicae / Echelon
Weapon(s): Baselard sword, short sword, dagger.
Powers:
* - Black Stinger: Dreugar uses a hooked dagger with strong wire as a grappling hook to escape tight situations. Can also be used as a low power long distance attack that can cause a brief moment of immobilization due to the nature of the attack.
* - Razzi: The current sword in Dreugar's hands bursts into flames. The high concentration of fire enriched ether around his sword allows for most objects to combust upon striking.
* - Razzi-ko: Dreugar manipulates any fire around him with the use of his sword and hurls at the opponent in a slashing motions. The fire attacks have a higher concentration of cutting power.
Abilities:
* - Armis Magicae Lore: Specialize fighting style that allows the host a smoother transition between physical and magical attacks with higher effectivity.
* - Pyrokinetic: Magical aura menifests in the form of a firery orb that hovers and circles around the hosts on it's own. At a higher skill level more orbs manifest. (Current LvL: 1 orb)
* - Dance of the Blade: The host has a heightened understanding and proficiency with blade type weapons allowing for more precise attacks and more intricate attack patterns. Also grants the host a greater avoidability against foe with bladed weapons as well as increases the chance for critical hits with longer length battles.
* - Battle Spectrum: The host is granted attack and defense bonuses against Heavy Infantry, Dragoons, and Mage type opponents.

Work and s**t.

emotion_donotwant

I will try to finish the last two and one more (Maybe two don't know if I can portray so many complex characters all at once) after I get out of work tonight. But tell me what you think.

Darius D -deceased-

Newbie Noob

Sirus Omega

Manly Noob

8,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:40 pm
My feet are killing me...

I accept both Bree and Reiz, but I won't be tossing Reiz up until he's actually a part of the story. I'm still working on Ravenor (mother-fuq-wads Bio is kicking my tight a**s), and then I'm going to work on his daughter's profile.

32 hours of work in just 3 days. WOOHOO. I liek muhnee.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:14 am
sephiroth0990

I accept both Bree and Reiz, but I won't be tossing Reiz up until he's actually a part of the story. I'm still working on Ravenor (mother-fuq-wads Bio is kicking my tight a**s), and then I'm going to work on his daughter's profile.

So like... ... ...

I forgot that the High Lord had a son, so I edited Reiz's profile a bit. Also I don't think I'm going to make another one. I'll just play the part of the High lord and a member of the Echelon.

Also about the Echelon, they can only have 4 passive abilities but no actual powers? Or is that a typo? They use 4 and 4? I didn't write those in yet just in case.

Darius D -deceased-

Newbie Noob

Sirus Omega

Manly Noob

8,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:47 am
Darius D.
sephiroth0990

So like... ... ...

I forgot that the High Lord had a son, so I edited Reiz's profile a bit. Also I don't think I'm going to make another one. I'll just play the part of the High lord and a member of the Echelon.

Also about the Echelon, they can only have 4 passive abilities but no actual powers? Or is that a typo? They use 4 and 4? I didn't write those in yet just in case.

3 Powers to 4 Abilities  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:50 am
sephiroth0990
3 Powers to 4 Abilities

Mabye someone should fix that typo! Hrmm! Maybe someone like you! Hrmm!

emotion_donotwant

Imma finish him right now then.

Darius D -deceased-

Newbie Noob

Sirus Omega

Manly Noob

8,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Party Machine 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:34 am
Darius D.
sephiroth0990
3 Powers to 4 Abilities

Mabye someone should fix that typo! Hrmm! Maybe someone like you! Hrmm!

emotion_donotwant

Imma finish him right now then.

It's not a typo... I only put down the changes for characters. If it was no powers, I would have put "0 Power". DON'T HATE ME!!! *commits sepuku....twice, maybe three times...I haven't decided yet*  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:43 am
sephiroth0990
It's not a typo... I only put down the changes for characters. If it was no powers, I would have put "0 Power". DON'T HATE ME!!! *commits sepuku....twice, maybe three times...I haven't decided yet*

ECH!

Your online! I don't hate... I eliminate!

Lololololololo~JK

Yeah I thought you might have meant something like that but I wasn't sure. My brain don't start working until around 3 o'clock int he afternoon. Imma work on Dreugar noa.

So no work today?

Darius D -deceased-

Newbie Noob

Darius D -deceased-

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:47 am
By the way, I saw you had reserved the position of leading Echelon and one of the regular members of the group.

Is there another participant in this RP that has yet to post?

emotion_kirakira

U/C

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces