Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Demons of Dalcaria (PLEASE READ!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:01 pm
So, as some folks may know, I had been contemplating doing a steampunk roleplay a little while back, but I've been slightly nervous and unsure of how it would turn out. I was milling around in my head how I could make it simpler and still be fun, and also if it was possible to find a group of roleplayers who would be interested and dedicated to not just the roleplay itself, but the story and universe of this roleplay as well! So, a few weeks back, I had an interesting idea that I toyed with for a bit while I asked how I could accomplish these things, and that's where I got this new roleplay idea; a prequel to my roleplay "The Dictators" called "Demons of Dalcaria".

This story will be based a few decades before the events of and leading to the story "The Dictators", and the place it will be set in is the same nation, but at a period just slightly after steam technology has been created. It will be a little bit like the late 1700's to mid or late 1800's in style and steam technology will be less developed than in "The Dictators". Also, the story will be a wee bit simpler. Instead of political intrigue, it will be a demon (or Deman as I might call them in this universe) emergency of a sort, with these creatures pouring into the lands of Dalcaria, killing some of its citizens, and working to conquer the nation for their own evil deeds. Of course, such an emergency would require certain heroes to combat it, knights and priests dedicated to eradicating this threat.

Now, I don't know when I want to do this, if I want to do this, but I would love to hear the opinions of anyone reading this, as well as any ideas you might have on how to make these an even more interesting and exciting roleplay! Feel free to comment below to let me know! I hope you all enjoy this idea!

Lord Sithious  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:33 pm
Bump bump bump, bump bump ba bump, Bump bump bump, bump bump ba bump, Bumpraaaaaaann, oh Bumparann give me a hand, Bumpraaaaann, you got me bumpin and a bumpin, bumpin and a bumpin Bumprann!

I love the Beach Boys. blaugh Now please read my desperate plea for people to actually tell me what they think. crying  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:56 am
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!!!!!!!!!!! Come on, somebody just read this! crying  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:01 pm
Bump... Nothing special to say this time, just desperate for people to read this stuff. crying  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:57 pm
Come on, it's Steampunk and demons! What more could you ask for? Plus, I'm working on a map for the planet this happens on too! I'll probably only have a few countries shown (since most of the planet has not been explored, even by the time of "The Dictators") so I've put quite a bit of thought into this! At least read the this! crying  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:07 am
Bump. sad *sighs*  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Wraith1993

Vicious Vampire

6,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:38 am
You may have trouble finding people dedicated to the universe, not so much with the story though. From what I can tell, too much detail can scare people off. I one made a massive RP based on the World of Darkness and gave every option available and explanations for what they were and what they did, I waited for quite some time and I think I only got one person interested, which was not enough to really get it moving.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:34 pm
Wraith1993
You may have trouble finding people dedicated to the universe, not so much with the story though. From what I can tell, too much detail can scare people off. I one made a massive RP based on the World of Darkness and gave every option available and explanations for what they were and what they did, I waited for quite some time and I think I only got one person interested, which was not enough to really get it moving.

I see what you mean. Some people had made mention of that before I think, but I've been thinking I might start a site of my own or something so that I can keep all my info in one easy to access place. It'll be a bit before I get that going, but for now this is mostly just an appetizer for my full fledged roleplay. I don't expect people to pay attention to every detail of the universe (or more specifically the planet), but it's something to act as a guide. After all, since this is a totally different planet then Earth, you can't exactly give your character an ethnicity or nationality that may not exist on this planet. xd I'll see where it goes though, thanks a bunch for your feedback! 3nodding What do you think of the story background so far? It's not written to it's fullest yet, but I just want to know what you think so far.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Wraith1993

Vicious Vampire

6,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:03 pm
Seems like a solid background, nothing exceptional but easy to work with as a basis. I don't mean to offend, it's just it's hard to make some original and demonic invasion is somewhat common, doesn't mean it can't be good though. Things get repeated for a reason, they work. I don't know anything about your previous story The Dictators so my input on a tie in would be limited at best. If your looking to flesh it out and aren't sure where to go with it, inspiration can be found everywhere. Even different genres. For instance, Demons could corrupt captured citizens and turn them to their cause as demonic beings, something I've seen in Mass Effect games for example. Granted that was with cybernetic zombie things but still.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Wraith1993

I've considered something about demon possession and what have you, and other such things, but what makes this story more original is the fact that it acts as somewhat of a backstory for some things in "The Dictators", especially the fact that this roleplay would be showing a build up from the beginning of the steam age, when technology is just starting to get better, to the height of the age where they have battleships, airplanes, new kinds of guns, etc, which would happen in "The Dictators". Also, I haven't seen very many demon invasion type roleplays based in this particular era, but the other thing is that the demon invasion is only part of the story, kind of a driving conflict that makes things move together. But the actual base of the story is the universe itself. I appreciate your input though, keeping in mind this is only a rough draft of what the roleplay is like, I'll add more later, if there is sufficient interest.  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Wraith1993

Vicious Vampire

6,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:19 pm
Lord Sithious
Wraith1993

I've considered something about demon possession and what have you, and other such things, but what makes this story more original is the fact that it acts as somewhat of a backstory for some things in "The Dictators", especially the fact that this roleplay would be showing a build up from the beginning of the steam age, when technology is just starting to get better, to the height of the age where they have battleships, airplanes, new kinds of guns, etc, which would happen in "The Dictators". Also, I haven't seen very many demon invasion type roleplays based in this particular era, but the other thing is that the demon invasion is only part of the story, kind of a driving conflict that makes things move together. But the actual base of the story is the universe itself. I appreciate your input though, keeping in mind this is only a rough draft of what the roleplay is like, I'll add more later, if there is sufficient interest.

Sounds like a solid idea. Like I said, unfamiliar with the prequel, but that does sound like a good idea. Best of luck then.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:21 pm
Wraith1993
Sounds like a solid idea. Like I said, unfamiliar with the prequel, but that does sound like a good idea. Best of luck then.

Well, technically this roleplay would be the prequel, but I know what you mean. Thanks by the way, I just hope you aren't the only one that takes notice. xd  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items