Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Prayers for my dad

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:28 pm
wondering if I should even bother posting but here it goes: My dad has a disease which attacks his immune systems and makes it really weak (I forget what it's called but it starts with a "D") but whenever someone got sick at our house we weren't even allowed to be in the same room as him or go anywhere near him. Recently before vacation it was found out that he had a kidney stone. Not a really big deal right? Well on vacation his condition got much worse because he got a high fever, migranes, etc. (other flu like symptoms) which is bad because he's never really gotten sick before. Days at the ER later we thought he had gotten better. Just yesterday though my mom had to drive him down to the ER and he's now sick AGAIN. sad He looks awful, so some prayers would be helpful guys heart thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:38 am
I'm sorry to hear that. I'll be praying. heart  

Lindpen

Smitten Pumpkin

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:01 am
*praying dear*
The blood of the Holy Jesus Christ will heal all sickness, as well as giving comfort and strength. Trust and believe in Him smile

James 5:15a ESV
And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick,

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:06 am
My prayers are going up Chibi. I feel for you and your family and can empathize. We almost lost my mum right before Christmas. The doctors couldn't even explain her recovery. I know that it was all the prayers being said for her. GOD saved my mother and He can save your father. We will keep praying sister. I will also pray for your family to be strong and for God to help you all weather the horrid storm your going through. Please keep us up on his condition.
Peace  

StrongGirlBong-Soon

9,475 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:00 am
My prayers are with you, your dad, and family.
Never lose faith : )  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:54 am
Thanks for your prayers guys. It's been hard on my parents because my mom has to keep going up to the hospital because the doctors keep messing up, and my dad wants to get back to work  

ChibiHigh

Meena Reine

Shameless Fatcat

10,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:26 pm
Your father, as well as you and your family, have a place in my prayers. I've been through the whole "go to the hospital every day" thing and it's not pretty. God be with you and him, and give you both strength!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:22 pm
ChibiHigh
Thanks for your prayers guys. It's been hard on my parents because my mom has to keep going up to the hospital because the doctors keep messing up, and my dad wants to get back to work

If he is not well he should stay at the hospital until he is well enough to work. ^^
It is probably frustrating for him, if it is something that happens frequently?
Being bedridden for long periods of time is hard, and can drive anyone bonkers.
I will pray for you and your family. Stay strong.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:11 pm
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh

If he is not well he should stay at the hospital until he is well enough to work. ^^

No, he almost never gets sick, this just started happening. The hospital deployed him Saturday night. He insisted on going to church Sunday (I guess that's a good thing?) but he's looking better  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:15 pm
ChibiHigh
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh

No, he almost never gets sick, this just started happening. The hospital deployed him Saturday night. He insisted on going to church Sunday (I guess that's a good thing?) but he's looking better

I would say that is a good thing. Is he on any kind of medications to boost his immune? It is great though that going through this is not making him lose his faith. It is fare worse to lose your faith, than your health.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:27 pm
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh

I would say that is a good thing. Is he on any kind of medications to boost his immune? It is great though that going through this is not making him lose his faith. It is fare worse to lose your faith, than your health.

Yeah he's on a few meds and vitamins. I was kinda mixed about it; on the one hand he should be resting in bed but on the other church is probably the best place for him to be  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:33 pm
ChibiHigh
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh

Yeah he's on a few meds and vitamins. I was kinda mixed about it; on the one hand he should be resting in bed but on the other church is probably the best place for him to be
You don't want him to be around other people,
and possibly risk infection which is very understandable, but what he wants is support from other believers. It is a tricky situation... Good that he is looking better.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

ChibiHigh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:15 am
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh
Garland-Green
ChibiHigh

You don't want him to be around other people,
and possibly risk infection which is very understandable, but what he wants is support from other believers. It is a tricky situation... Good that he is looking better.

Yeah blaugh I think it's the prayer that really helped and spending time with family since the doctors were......kinda useless sweatdrop  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games