Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Post Layout Refs + Sources + Tutorials Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Was this helpful to you?
  Yes.
  Fool! Now I know your secrets!
View Results

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:37 pm
The following is a fancy Pic Monkey Tutorial. Now I'll show you how to use something. Textures. For this you'll need two images. One image to go inside the shape. And a second image that will become the shape. The darker the second image then the better (all black patterns or silhouettes or black vectors are the best). In the example I'm using an "eagle PNG" I found using Google Images.

First. Open up your Image in PicMonkey. Go to Textures. It's a tab located under Frames in that panel to the left

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Then choose "Your Own" and pull up that second image. Notice that it may need moving around to fit the image you started with. The more zoomed in you are then the better you can Move it around. Slide the Fade from the default 20% to 0% for best effect.

Change the Blend Mode to any of the following: Add, Hardlight, Lighten, Overlay, or Screen. In the example, I found that Lighten works best on what I have.

After the texture is Applied then I go to mess around with it with other Effects. In the example I use Frost to soften the edges a little

I make it Black & White just because I can. Meh

The image I started with was 800px by 800px and I Resize it to 600px by 600px. Always Keep Proportions

Now to Crop. I crop the top out. I stop it under the wing at a number easily remembered and subtracted from 600px (the height). My top becomes 600px in width by 270px in height.

600px - 270px is 330px. The height of my bottom after saving the top and undo-ing first crop is 330px. Width is whatever it needs to be

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. Using the knowledge made available from posts on the first page will result in this. If it confused you instead of helping you I'm sorry. That's the best I can do to explain it. Go to Google Images and pull up things to experiment with

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:21 pm
HOW TO ADD FRAMES IN PICMONKEY Doing this in GIMP means putting the frame.png in a layer over the image. It's more complex without photoshop or GIMP but possible

1. I pulled up one image from googling lookbook. Saved it to desktop. Then I googled "frame.png" and saved that too
2. I uploaded the image to picmonkey. All the while. Paying attention to sizes. I resize height proportional to frame height. Then cropped the image to something proportional to the all the frame's dimensions
3. Here's the cheat. You go to Frames and add a Drop Shadow. Get the unimportant stuff zeros. Check Transparent. Give it an ample amount of space (using Size) all around

4. Crop it proportionally to the frame size. No fancy math skills needed. I just keep the 00, 97 at the end of the height and width here.

5. Go to Textures. Pull up the frame. Change the Blend Mode to Normal and Fade to zero. Don't apply yet

6. Still in Textures step. Click Move and change size to 100% because Picmonkey default is 110%. Check or uncheck Keep Proportions if it makes anything better

7. After applying the above. Zoom in to 100% if needed. Check quality. If it's not the best. Maybe you need to Resize.

With Keep Proportions checked it does most of the math for you. After it's good then save

8. Done  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:23 pm

Text. "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit." Vivamus sem sem, lobortis eget sollicitudin id, sollicitudin eu elit. Vestibulum in elit nunc, ultricies consequat felis. Vivamus eu dolor id tortor interdum pharetra et a libero. In sit amet est nibh, quis molestie risus. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Sed varius augue mi. Mauris eu lectus et nibh facilisis mattis eget et leo. Ut pharetra tortor sit amet nulla egestas semper. Praesent ac enim urna, in consectetur libero. Praesent semper purus ut mi cursus euismod. Aliquam aliquam, magna sit amet feugiat bibendum, massa libero gravida est, non mollis massa quam nec ipsum. Nam sollicitudin pretium tincidunt. Suspendisse quis nibh velit, nec congue risus. Aliquam erat volutpat. Integer et lacus lectus.

Text. "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit." Vivamus sem sem, lobortis eget sollicitudin id, sollicitudin eu elit. Vestibulum in elit nunc, ultricies consequat felis. Vivamus eu dolor id tortor interdum pharetra et a libero. In sit amet est nibh, quis molestie risus. Pellentesque habitant morbi tristique senectus et netus et malesuada fames ac turpis egestas. Sed varius augue mi. Mauris eu lectus et nibh facilisis mattis eget et leo. Ut pharetra tortor sit amet nulla egestas semper. Praesent ac enim urna, in consectetur libero. Praesent semper purus ut mi cursus euismod. Aliquam aliquam, magna sit amet feugiat bibendum, massa libero gravida est, non mollis massa quam nec ipsum. Nam sollicitudin pretium tincidunt. Suspendisse quis nibh velit, nec congue risus. Aliquam erat volutpat. Integer et lacus lectus.

WHERE [x]
                                                                        WITH WHO[x]
                                                                        OOC [x]

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out