Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder: Hidden Agendas [full] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

you down?
  Yes
  No
  I shiggy diggy [maybe]
View Results

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:44 pm
So I got roped into DMing a campaign for my friends, dunno why they chose me of all people, but I thought that running it in the guild would help me get some more foresight on ways these people might try to break my game. So, here's the general story.

The year is 2013 on the quiet planet of earth, but it is not earth as we know it. Unlike our own shoddy crack shack of a planet, the humans of this earth evolved along side a myriad of other races and magic putting us in a steam-punk era. For as long as we've known, the monsters of the wild have been a threat, not a big one, but still threat enough. Luckily, adventurers have been doing a pretty good job defending towns from attacks and clearing roads. These monster attacks, while random at heart, have always been centered at the larger population centers of the world: major cities, ports, slums; but within the past 20 years, they have started to show some signs of intelligence guiding them. The monsters began attacking smaller towns in the middle of no where and even military outposts. In response, humanity opened the Guardians Academy. This Academy takes the top recruits world-wide and refines their skills to make them the ultimate monster hunters. They are then sent to guard the most important military bases and richer communities from these organized attacks. The Story begins at your class's graduation at the American Branch of the Academy.

So ya...I've got all the way through Act 1 written up, but I think by the time we finish with it, the real campaign will be past that point, so more stuff will be written up.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: anything not 3rd party
Banned Resources: 3rd party

ECL: 1, fast level progression
Gold: standard
Races: any
Ability Scores*: 20 stat point buy
xxxxxxxxxx
Hit Points: standard
Alignments: neutral - good
Pantheon: the norm
Backgrounds: a little bit of life before the academy

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Hero Points and Destiniy Points used, hero points are rewarded, destiny points every 4 levels
2] archetypes are fine
3] make me laugh/get hyped and you'll be rewarded wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:34 pm
Well, to know how they're gonna break the game, we'll need to know what system you're using : P  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:54 pm
iLL iNTENT

Oh, i thought I mentioned that sweatdrop
It's pathfinder  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:11 pm
Well I'm game. Steampunk era you say? How's a bout a goblin or a ratfolk gunslinger : P  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:37 pm
iLL iNTENT
Well I'm game. Steampunk era you say? How's a bout a goblin or a ratfolk gunslinger : P

I'm absolutely down with that.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:45 pm
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT

Then a follow up question: How common are firearms, because that determines the cost of ammo.

Emerging Guns: Default prices (1 bullet 1 gp, 1 dose of gunpowder 10gp, so 11gp per shot fired, only early firearms available)

Commonplace Guns: Bullets, gunpowder, and early firearms cost 25% of the default price, and guns are martial weapons instead of exotic

Guns Everywhere!: Early firearms are simple weapons, advanced firearms are martial, and all guns and ammo cost 10% of their default price.

Given that it's a steampunk setting I would think commonplace guns would be the best fit. (I also would really REALLY like to not have to pay 11gp every time i shoot my gun, lol) But I can roll with whatever you decide.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:53 pm
iLL iNTENT
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT

Then a follow up question: How common are firearms, because that determines the cost of ammo.

Emerging Guns: Default prices (1 bullet 1 gp, 1 dose of gunpowder 10gp, so 11gp per shot fired, only early firearms available)

Commonplace Guns: Bullets, gunpowder, and early firearms cost 25% of the default price, and guns are martial weapons instead of exotic

Guns Everywhere!: Early firearms are simple weapons, advanced firearms are martial, and all guns and ammo cost 10% of their default price.

Given that it's a steampunk setting I would think commonplace guns would be the best fit. (I also would really REALLY like to not have to pay 11gp every time i shoot my gun, lol) But I can roll with whatever you decide.

they're common place. No everyone uses hem, because sword and spell will always have it's place, but you techies still cling to your machines. All I ask is you start wth something like a flintlock or something. Revolvers are gonna be available really easily around level 3ish...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:17 pm
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT
Audio Blur
iLL iNTENT

they're common place. No everyone uses hem, because sword and spell will always have it's place, but you techies still cling to your machines. All I ask is you start wth something like a flintlock or something. Revolvers are gonna be available really easily around level 3ish...

I intended to. Even with the discount there's no way you can afford something like a pepperbox at level 1 anyways, so no worries there.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:31 pm
Nander Inawa, Tiefling Ranger. I got the basic stuff, just need to build a quick background.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:02 pm
Need to write up the background but otherwise I'm done

Kavak Flashbang: Goblin Gunslinger  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:08 pm
Has no one else noticed this at all? :/  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:16 pm
WhimsicalXellos

Seems like it x.x  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:19 pm
WhimsicalXellos

emo so alone  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:37 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Nander Inawa, Tiefling Ranger. I got the basic stuff, just need to build a quick background.

Howd you get claws and stuff?  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:55 pm
I've noticed it! I'm just super-quiet and don't normally post profiles until they're done, just in case other people want to fill in slots first.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff