Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
This is Our Town [Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe...
View Results

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:51 am
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
I'm working on a character as I speak. Anything I should be made aware of?

Aside from the stuff in the first post, I can't think of anything vital.

So playing a Gunslinger wouldn't be an issue?

Nah, if that's what you want then go on ahead. We'll be using the 'Emerging Guns' rules though so all the baseline prices for guns, ammo, and the default rules for Gunslingers apply.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:51 am
The Drifter, a man with a mysterious past who was at the wrong place and the wrong time when warring broke out.

This is what I have so far, before purchasing items. Before I do anything else, I'd like to make sure that everything looks good. I put the racial modifiers under Temporary Modifiers, in case the skill numbers look funky.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:57 am
BegrudginglyGood
iLL iNTENT
BegrudginglyGood
Right, just putting the finishing touches on a character. Was I still cool to join? Or do you have too many people?

I will gladly not join if it means someone who isn't in other games can join.

Here is a basic sheet, still need to pick traits which will add Dip and Knowledge increases and all the background and equipment, oh, and spend money.

Do I get any more feats?

]http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=638481

Don't forget your languages. You get common as a human, and two other bonus languages for your INT bonus.

Also, you have a +1 damage bonus on your rapier and a +2 damage bonus on your shortbow. I'm guessing 1 point of that bonus is coming from point blank shot but I can't tell where the rest of it is coming from.

Do we not add dex or strength bonus anymore? I always forget about this.

And I still have to spend my cash...not sure what on though.
You add your STR bonus to melee damage, thrown weapons, or attacks made with compound bows, but you don't have a STR bonus, since your STR score is only 11  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:14 pm
Dion Necurat
The Drifter, a man with a mysterious past who was at the wrong place and the wrong time when warring broke out.

This is what I have so far, before purchasing items. Before I do anything else, I'd like to make sure that everything looks good. I put the racial modifiers under Temporary Modifiers, in case the skill numbers look funky.

For your Archetypes, you don't take individual levels in different archetypes for the same class. So you should be a level 1 Grenadier / level 4 Mysterious stranger/Experimental Gunslinger. The archetype isn't a class in of itself, you are merely modifying features of the existing gunslinger class by taking them.

For example, in Mysterious Stranger, you trade in two of your deeds for new ones that are exclusive to the Mysterious Stranger, you trade in Nimble for the Lucky ability, and Gun Training for Stranger's Fortune.

And in Experimental Gunslinger, you trade in Gunsmithing for Experimental Firearm, and Gun Training for Innovations.

However, since both classes replace the same class feature, Gun Training, you can't use both archetypes. You can only use multiple archetypes provided they don't overlap with each other, so you'll need to pick one or the other.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:19 pm
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat

For your Archetypes, you don't take individual levels in different archetypes for the same class. So you should be a level 1 Grenadier / level 4 Mysterious stranger/Experimental Gunslinger. The archetype isn't a class in of itself, you are merely modifying features of the existing gunslinger class by taking them.

For example, in Mysterious Stranger, you trade in two of your deeds for new ones that are exclusive to the Mysterious Stranger, you trade in Nimble for the Lucky ability, and Gun Training for Stranger's Fortune.

And in Experimental Gunslinger, you trade in Gunsmithing for Experimental Firearm, and Gun Training for Innovations.

However, since both classes replace the same class feature, Gun Training, you can't use both archetypes. You can only use multiple archetypes provided they don't overlap with each other, so you'll need to pick one or the other.

First off, I took two levels of Grenadier to take advantage of the Alchemical Weapon feature, thus giving me 3 levels of Gunslinger.

But yeah, guess it'll be more believable if I were a tad bit taller.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:25 pm
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat

First off, I took two levels of Grenadier to take advantage of the Alchemical Weapon feature, thus giving me 3 levels of Gunslinger.

Bugh, yeah, my mistake. I'm a bit dyslexic with numbers sometimes.

But I guess if you just wanted to drop the 'Stranger's Fortune' ability so there wasn't any overlap then we could just roll with it that way. You just can't trade in one ability to grain two instead.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:30 pm
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat

Bugh, yeah, my mistake. I'm a bit dyslexic with numbers sometimes.

But I guess if you just wanted to drop the 'Stranger's Fortune' ability so there wasn't any overlap then we could just roll with it that way. You just can't trade in one ability to grain two instead.

Eh, mechanically it looks streamlined as a Gnome, but I'd rather play the character rather than the classes.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:41 pm
Alright, I touched it up a bit. Looks good now?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:45 pm
Dion Necurat

Mmhm, seems alright, nothing's jumping out at me as incorrect anyways, so go ahead and get your equipment purchased.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:50 pm
iLL iNTENT
Dion Necurat

Mmhm, seems alright, nothing's jumping out at me as incorrect anyways, so go ahead and get your equipment purchased.

Now, I know that I get a battered firearm for 1st level, but is it possible to turn it into a masterwork weapon, given I've got the cash for it?

EDIT: Oh, wait. Nevermind, I just read the gunsmithing feat; HOORAY FOR DISCOUNTS!  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:51 pm
BegrudginglyGood

And I still have to spend my cash...not sure what on though.

Adding +1 to your Shortbow would be nice to have [+2,300]
Maybe a Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2 [4,000]
Adding +1 to your Leaf Armor would be good [+1,150]
Ring of Deflection +1 is always good [2,000]
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 [2,000]
Handy Haversack [2,000]

That's all just off the top of my head, so I'd double-check those prices. But that's all pretty standard equipment.  
Xenar1 generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 53!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:34 pm
whee alright

now one good stumper.... my 61 means I get 1d2 human siblings and 1d2 half siblings (this post's number saying what kind of half's) so how does one roll 1d2 or even 1d3? even weapons do those amounts. I suppose random number between 1-2 (or 3) would work but that would mean 1 post per roll as you can't pick how many times. be another 2 posts to figure that, with the 4-8 other posts for age and gender gonk

edit; and 53 makes half-orc brother/sister  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:02 pm
Xenar1
whee alright

now one good stumper.... my 61 means I get 1d2 human siblings and 1d2 half siblings (this post's number saying what kind of half's) so how does one roll 1d2 or even 1d3? even weapons do those amounts. I suppose random number between 1-2 (or 3) would work but that would mean 1 post per roll as you can't pick how many times. be another 2 posts to figure that, with the 4-8 other posts for age and gender gonk

edit; and 53 makes half-orc brother/sister

1d2: roll 1d4, 1-2=1, 3-4=2

1d3: roll 1d6, 1-2=1, 3-4=2, 5-6=3  
Xenar1 rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-8)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:56 pm
that would work too. fist for human second for half orc  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:03 pm
Our subforum is up!

Have the OOC thread up and started constructing the campaign info thread. I'll be putting everything else together here in the next day or so and then we should be ready to begin.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff