Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
This is Our Town [Full] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe...
View Results

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:22 pm
Hello folks! Been a while since I stuck my head in here. Been busy with life and whatnot, but now I've got that old familiar itch for some gaming.

I'm wanting to run a Pathfinder game in which the party are basically local heroes of a newly established small town that's somewhat off the beaten path. You and the villagers all hale from a larger settlement that was attacked by a dragon, and, having decided it would be more prudent to get as many people to safety rather than try to fight the blasted thing, you evacuated whomever you could, lead them through the wilderness, and eventually settled down here, in what the people named New Parishton, for the ravaged home they left behind.

The party, as more or less the most capable individuals in town, would be responsible for New Parishton's well-being, be that guarding it from outside threats or by strengthening it from within; steering the development of the town into what you perceive to be the most beneficial route.

Starting level: 5
Race: Any, provided you run it past me first if you're playing something a bit unusual.
Abilities: We'll be using 20-point buy to keep things balanced.
HP: You can roll for your HP, or take the average if you want to play it safe. (Rounding up each even level, and rounding down on each odd level.)
Gold: 10,500 (With the stipulation that you can't spend more than half your gold on any single item.)
Experience Progression Speed: Medium (So you're starting with 15,000)
Traits and Drawbacks: You may choose two traits if you also take one drawback.
Background: I would like a paragraph or two here telling a bit about your character's past, family, etc. Any friends or enemies they've made among the townsfolk would also be useful.

I think that covers just about everything. Any questions? Just ask em here.

Accepted Players/Characters:
Audio Blur: Pecha: Elf Ninja
RafeRavel: Locke Soulrent: Hellbred Sorcerer/Paladin
Xenar1: Ginger: Human Druid
Valyrian Steel: Valtyr: Half-elf Ranger
Begrudgingly Good: --
Gideon Commando: Dolok: Human Barbarian
Wesleyf: Sonan: Samsaran Monk
Dion Necurat: The Drifter: Human Gunslinger  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:44 pm
I'm actually new to the guild, and have yet to join a game in here. I am somewhat familiar with pathfinder, more so than D&D, and would love to get in on this one! Sounds pretty rad! I'm down, if you'd have me!

Valyrian Steel

Vicious Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • PvP 200

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:38 pm
I am interested if you'll have me. I don't have any active characters and more than one game I've joined seems to have been forgotten.

any restrictions on race?

PS: how is the game odd? it seems almost traditional in it's setting.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:13 pm
Xenar1
I am interested if you'll have me. I don't have any active characters and more than one game I've joined seems to have been forgotten.

any restrictions on race?

PS: how is the game odd? it seems almost traditional in it's setting.

Well the setting is fairly typical, but in terms of gameplay it would be a bit different. Players would be developing or 'leveling-up' the town in a sense. It'll be as much about helping the community grow in addition to leveling-up their own characters.

As far as race restrictions go, I'm pretty lenient regarding that stuff. Just run it by me first and chances are I'll approve it.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Valyrian Steel

Vicious Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:17 pm
Sooo.... Is that a yes? I can start on a character sheet tonight.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:18 pm
If you'll have me, I'd love to play under you again! biggrin  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:45 pm
I think there's enough interest in this to start getting things underway. If you're interested, go ahead and start with character creation.

Starting level: 5
Race: Any, provided you run it past me first if you're playing something a bit unusual.
Abilities: We'll be using 20-point buy to keep things balanced.
HP: You can roll for your HP, or take the average if you want to play it safe. (Rounding up each even level, and rounding down on each odd level.)
Gold: 10,500 (With the stipulation that you can't spend more than half your gold on any single item.)
Experience Progression Speed: Medium (So you're starting with 15,000)
Traits and Drawbacks: You may choose two traits if you also take one drawback.
Background: I would like a paragraph or two here telling a bit about your character's past, family, etc. Any friends or enemies they've made among the townsfolk would also be useful.

I think that covers just about everything. Any questions? Just ask em here.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:47 pm
Rad! I will get right to it as soon as I get off work! 3nodding  

Valyrian Steel

Vicious Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • PvP 200

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:38 pm
well... I've been tossing around an idea for a Lycanthrope character but it was so much work crying Frankenstein, I think, will be left on the bench.....

but I was thinking of a Lycanthrope bloodline but I can't seem to find it again. all i'm getting is sorcerer stuff....

the bloodline will make the character interesting and will help add a backstory. what do you think?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:44 pm
Xenar1
well... I've been tossing around an idea for a Lycanthrope character but it was so much work crying Frankenstein, I think, will be left on the bench.....

but I was thinking of a Lycanthrope bloodline but I can't seem to find it again. all i'm getting is sorcerer stuff....

the bloodline will make the character interesting and will help add a backstory. what do you think?

I could help you with the lycanthrope rules, but be warned: if the townspeople discover your affliction they will react accordingly.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:59 pm
I wouldn't mind taking a step back from a combat character and aiming more for someone who might be deemed 'In Charge' of some portion of town...perhaps the daughter of the late town's leader.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:12 pm
iLL iNTENT
Xenar1

I could help you with the lycanthrope rules, but be warned: if the townspeople discover your affliction they will react accordingly.

that's why I was thinking of a bloodline. in 3.5 (which is easier to find) it suggests that you aren't a true lycanthrope and you "might not share the curse itself". plus it is not as... "over powering" as the true thing. which I feel is best for balance.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:16 pm
BegrudginglyGood
I wouldn't mind taking a step back from a combat character and aiming more for someone who might be deemed 'In Charge' of some portion of town...perhaps the daughter of the late town's leader.

Diplomacy and intrigue will be taking a big step forward, so such a character would be entirely viable for this campaign. Now, combat won't be removed entirely from the equation either, mind you. There will be external forces threatening the town. Some WILL take the form of things such as envoys or tax agents from a neighboring city, seeking to annex the town, but other traditional threats will be present too, such as goblins, undead and the like.

Ultimately though I like to make sure my players have fun. If you decide to build a non-combatant character, I will make sure that she'll have plenty to do : P Part of the beauty of playing online is that it's easy to split the party if needed. The combat characters could ride out to deal with a band of monsters threatening the town, while your character gets in a coach and goes off to meet with some neighboring official about an important political issue.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:17 pm
Xenar1
iLL iNTENT
Xenar1

that's why I was thinking of a bloodline. in 3.5 (which is easier to find) it suggests that you aren't a true lycanthrope and you "might not share the curse itself". plus it is not as... "over powering" as the true thing. which I feel is best for balance.

Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen that before. Where could I find it?  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:24 pm
iLL iNTENT
Xenar1
iLL iNTENT
Xenar1

Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen that before. Where could I find it?
it's only a 'minor' influence (so few bonuses). I think average or major would be actual lycanthropes but they don't say. when I try to make one of each they seem to contradict each other a bit; like how could natural lycans be made if bloodline lycans aren't true lycans....

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm#

still can't find the paizo... I swear I once seen it somewhere...

I was thinking of a druid, depending on where I put my skills I could fill both none combative and combative roles decently.

PS: i'll send my lycanthrope over tomorrow by PM. I won't use a true one here but it's infuriating to have a character sheet so 'messy' and I would like advice on it.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff