Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply School of Roleplay [Under Construction]
Creating a "perfect" Character, and other things. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of this thread?
  This should be stickied! (To all the forum sections)
  No, just no.
  TL;DR (Meany-face.)
  Free to pursue your Cutie Mark, but you want a few bits anyway. (Gold!)
View Results

chibi_blue_mouse
Crew

Hopeless Romantic

25,550 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:42 pm
In addition to fears and strengths, another thing to consider when building a character is their goals, both short and long term. When creating a character, a good thing you should focus on is, what do they want out of life? All other goals, actions, reactions should then center around this thought. Short terms goals are 'what does your character want to achieve right now? How about in a day? A week? A month? Six months? A year? Not only that, but how does your character deal with the disappointment of not having a goal met? Do they throw a tantrum (literally or proverbially)? Do they get depressed? Do they reorganize their priorities accordingly and adapt? (Something that can be built on based on their psychological and emotional state.) Are there some goals that are more important than others? Which ones are they? So many people forget about setting goals for their characters to try and achieve, but it's so very important. I don't think it's something that should just be left out.

Coranho

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:12 pm
Wow, this all has been very helpful for me. I've not been in another guild that's given this kind of information so my character profile doesn't really have much 'character' to it though I do try my best.  

ShebaLatray

Friendly Giver

9,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
  • Flatterer 200

Arrinae Tsuki

Quotable Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:35 pm
Novama
just imagine an japanese from the UK for a moment...

I've met a few throught the military. some are interesting others quite boring. Some snobbish, others overly friendly. They are pretty much just like everyone else but have accents that don't suit their appearance. its like a large man with a high pitched squeaky voice.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:47 pm
Arrinae Maeya Tsuki
Novama

I've met a few throught the military. some are interesting others quite boring. Some snobbish, others overly friendly. They are pretty much just like everyone else but have accents that don't suit their appearance. its like a large man with a high pitched squeaky voice.

Lol, I figured. Makes me wonder what other odd combos of people there are they folks don't immediately think of due to stereotype  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Arrinae Tsuki

Quotable Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:50 pm
Novama
Arrinae Maeya Tsuki
Novama

Lol, I figured. Makes me wonder what other odd combos of people there are they folks don't immediately think of due to stereotype

Lol I'm from Mississippi but only have a Cajun accent thats pop up when talking to family in Louisiana.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:36 pm
Arrinae Maeya Tsuki
Novama
Arrinae Maeya Tsuki
Novama

Lol I'm from Mississippi but only have a Cajun accent thats pop up when talking to family in Louisiana.

I really like Gambit from the x-men series. His cajun accent and way about him has an exotic appeal  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Arrinae Tsuki

Quotable Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:41 pm
Novama
Arrinae Maeya Tsuki
Novama
Arrinae Maeya Tsuki
Novama

I really like Gambit from the x-men series. His cajun accent and way about him has an exotic appeal

Gambit is my husband and my favorite X-men as well. lol  
School of Roleplay [Under Construction]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces