Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The Origins Expedition (Full, Starting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 pm
ME-DE-YURR >:{

Changes coming up tomorrow hopefully. Before work if I have the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:05 am
Paidi tou Selini
Psychofish
  • Dazing Fist, Expert Sneak, and Opportunistic Sneak Attack are all Paragon feats. Sadly you only get 2 Paragon feats at this point. Gotta replace one with a Heroic feat.

So I guess we're not allowed to retrain then.  

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:53 am
Liquidor
So I guess we're not allowed to retrain then.

Or retraining is restricted to during play; that's also quite possible.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:26 am
EDIT: 'kay, maybe I'm just drunk. I guess it does say quite specifically that you can trade heroic feats for paragon. Go ahead and keep your feat, Fish.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:57 am
Paidi tou Selini
  • Melee Training only lets you add half the ability mod for damage. I see no reason not to let you use strength for damage still, since it's 1 higher, but that needs to be adjusted to +11 (though I guess the only time it will be relevant is for opportunity attacks or someone else granting you a basic attack).

• I suspect it was because Kyt was going to be Warlording it up.

Also, Melee Training was erratad for that damage to what you listed now. I never even knew it myself! Fish, sorry for the recommendation!  
    PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:27 pm
    It's still not a terrible option, since it's giving +6 instead of +4 on the attack rolls... but yeah, a little less useful than it might be for those with 9 strength.  

Paidi tou Selini
    Crew

Adorable Abductee

Kowsauni rolled 20 6-sided dice: 6, 1, 2, 6, 4, 4, 5, 3, 2, 5, 6, 5, 3, 6, 1, 2, 5, 2, 3, 6 Total: 77 (20-120)

Kowsauni
    Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:16 pm
    Well, decided on an elemental lock. I usually use point buy but I might as well roll the stats to see what I get.  
    Kowsauni rolled 8 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 5, 6, 1, 2, 1, 1 Total: 23 (8-48)
    PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:19 pm
    lets see I got a

Kowsauni
    Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:06 pm
    Paidi tou Selini
    • I don't care how badly you pronounce it, you are not allowed to be the size of a space rock.
    • If you don't choose a language I'm picking Goblin for you.
    • Dazing Fist, Expert Sneak, and Opportunistic Sneak Attack are all Paragon feats. Sadly you only get 2 Paragon feats at this point. Gotta replace one with a Heroic feat.
    • Drowmesh Armor gives you +1 Reflex. Don't forget to include it.
    • Melee Training only lets you add half the ability mod for damage. I see no reason not to let you use strength for damage still, since it's 1 higher, but that needs to be adjusted to +11 (though I guess the only time it will be relevant is for opportunity attacks or someone else granting you a basic attack).
    • MEDEEYURR
    • Guess we're good then?
    • Fixed.
    • Retraining for Defensive Advantage then. At this point I think my aim is to say "disregard his effectiveness normally, focus on CA farming and making CA transform him into a GOD."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:29 pm
    i go the character put together in the character builder just need t convert to to a sheet.

One quick question. Could I possibly take implement focus? I know its in the essential books but its so much easier to use then playing around with superior implements and I feel it should have been in the player hand guide with weapon focus in the first place.  

Kowsauni
    Crew

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:53 am
    And that's my money spent. Items are done with, and I picked up my second language and swapped out the feat. Fluff comes... soon? Alas, probably tomorrow (unless that's when I'm out picking up my license) since I'm working more today.  
    PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:54 am
    Lin Shi, 'The Walker' should now be completely finished, fluff and all. I made a few minor mechanical adjustments since the last time we discussed the profile.

I exchanged Weapon Expertise for Versatile Expertise since it's strictly the same thing only better, and actually applies for Yin. I also noticed that the errata bumped up the progression on Expertise feats to 11 from 15, so I bumped up his attack stats by one to reflect it.

I also added meditation under rituals. It doesn't... do anything. There is no mechanic. Just felt like tossing that extra touch of flavor in somewhere that it wouldn't muss things up for practical use.

In the end, I went for Underdeep over Gawblin.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Kowsauni
    Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:44 pm
    Here is the basic outline of my character Lysandra. I will write her backtsory once I have the OK on her build.  
    PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:05 pm
    Psychofish

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Paidi tou Selini
    Crew

Adorable Abductee

Paidi tou Selini
    Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:39 pm
    Kowsauni
    One quick question. Could I possibly take implement focus? I know its in the essential books but its so much easier to use then playing around with superior implements and I feel it should have been in the player hand guide with weapon focus in the first place.

Oh! Sorry I missed this. I already denied this request to Joseph, so sadly I think I'm going to stick with that decision. As for your character...

• Fill out your attack workspace please. It'll make things easier on me when it comes time to record battle information.
    • Don't forget about the +1 Acrobatics from your boots.
    • Nothing preventing you from wielding the Dispelling Tome, but just remember that you don't have any lv6 wizard powers to use the item's power with.
    • Echoing Dirge is the Gloom Pact at-will power. Not only do you not have that pact, I'm not sure why you would want to use it in place of a lv13 encounter power to begin with. sweatdrop

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff