Crew

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:54 pm
User Image

Hello everyone! Many Gaians are having trouble earning gold to go towards their quests... but it may be easier than you think!

Just scroll down to get started!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:00 pm
User Image

01. Posting: This is how a majority of Gaians earn their gold. Whether it's conversational posting or bumping, this is the easiest way to earn gold. The thread linked to below is a great place to start bumping! You can earn gold, just for bumping, but be sure to read the rules first.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

02. Selling Items/Vending: You might not know it, but you could have a lot of unnecessary junk in your inventory from Dumpster Diving or from the Daily Chance! Most items could be sold for half of their retail value, which isn't that bad. On the other hand, you might have some items of great value that are just lying there! If you don't use it, do sell it on the marketplace, but don't sell it at an unreasonable price! (Example: Starter shoes worth 2g, but you sell it for 10,000g!) It just shows that you are begging for gold! Gaians are always on the lookout for great deals on items, so it helps if you put your item as the lowest buy price, or around the same amount.

03. Playing Games: Playing games such as Fishing helps you earn gold. Fishing doesn't directly give you gold like games such as Pinball or Tiles. You have to vend, or sell your fish/junk on the marketplace for gold! (See #2) A popular game among the Gaia world is Booty Grab. Basically, you catch gold that falls from aquarium fish. It pays to grab as much gold as you can quickly, because a 500g bonus is given to fast grabbers. A regular game could give you around 500g-2,000g! A great place to start is the Gaia Aquariums Forum.

04. Do daily offers: Daily offers such as the Daily Chance and the Overseer (the clam-like thing in your aquarium) can give you small amounts of gold and items. Daily offers can also give you gaia cash! On the Gaia homepage/ My Gaia page, there should be a small TV and Cash Tree. When you click the small TV, you can watch videos and receive cash. By clicking the Cash Tree, you can complete offers such as surveys or watch short clips to earn cash.

r a i n i i_d a i s
Crew

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100

r a i n i i_d a i s
Crew

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:30 pm
User Image

It's no secret that most of us "impulse buy", or buy something that we didn't plan to. Here are several tricks to stop spending your gold on unnecessary items:

01. Keep your goal/quest in sight: If you have a quest or goal that you're trying to achieve, it helps to keep a reminder close by. How? You can create a questbar or tektek at tektek.org and put it in your signature to remind you that you're working towards something.

02. Keep a limit: If you still can't resist spending your gold, set a limit on how much you can spend before you reach the line. (Example: Total Gold: 700,000g; Limit: 600,000g) As you earn more gold, you can raise the limit to go along with your current amount of gold, and ensure that you have a good amount of gold to go towards your quest.

03. Comparison shop: This is a trick that is actually used in real life. When buying game items (Example: Grade A fish bait, etc.), it may be better to buy by quantity. To do so, you would have to click the "Unit Price" tab next to the Lowest Buy Price tab on the item listings. This would show you the seller who is selling the largest quantity of an item, along with the cheapest price. Additionally, when shopping in the Gold Shops (Example: Gambino Outfitters), you could head straight to the Marketplace to see if anyone is selling the item that you're looking for at a lower price.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:30 am
love ur tips and hints.  

1kaz

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500

MimiThePiggyOrc

Fluffy Treat

17,875 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:10 pm
gaia_nitemareleft those are great tips they help me I do alot of comparison shopping especially if all the gen.'s I am looking at have all the same item options. emotion_bigheart gaia_angelright

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:04 pm
Thanks! Really helpful!  

Lithium_Raven

Invisible Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Clambake 200

osteam0

Dapper Gaian

1,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200