Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Legend of the Five Rings: Cartographers! Game has started! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:46 am
WhimsicalXellos
Rain Yupa

Changes made to sheet:

Name: Hida Victor

Skills
Heavy Weapons/Agility (Tetsubo, Ono) - 2 (Down 1 point, so +3XP)
Craft: Explosives - 1 (Granted by Advantage)

Advantages
Forbidden Knowledge: Gaijin Pepper – I gain a rank of Craft: Explosives and a small pouch of gaijin pepper (-4XP)

Disadvantages
Gaijin Name – My individual dice may only explode once on a Social Skill Roll (+1XP)

Can you mark your school skills?

And you get some free gaijin pepper with your advantage. Don't forget to include it in your equipment!

Also, your 3 suggestions are the last I'm waiting for.

I'm upset because a trend that started with the first couple suggestions sent in didn't continue, or else this would have been a lulzy province.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:50 am
Joseph Severn

You're very charitable! Because I have you at 3 koku 2 bu. And 9/10 of your traveling pack filled now. I'd suggest rations!

Annndddd... just finished your background. Well done!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:18 am
Joseph Severn
Maybe they're just really blinged-out arrows? That sounds like something the Yoritomo would do, at least; known for ostentation and all that.

Also, one of these days I want to make the biggest douchebag archer. Tsuruchi trained but most likely Yoritomo family (because they're big jerks and they love it).

ALL my arrows will be humming bulb arrows. ALL OF THEM.

Imagine getting pinged over and over by blunt arrows that whistle loudly? Thing is, they're probably completely re-usable too, since they kind of bounce off everything.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:01 pm
Rain Yupa

You need arrows to perform your duty? Sure, here you go, that's no problem at...

WAIT A MINUTE? You mean you can perform your duty with only the use of your katana, and no expenditure of our resources which we are stockpiling in case of a war with another clan? I have faith in you, my servant, that you'll make due and the Fortunes will provide. Yessss....

You will note that the Tsuruchi starting outfit doesn't include a Katana.
And there's the fact that "Each Mantis legion will include at least one squadron of Tsuruchi who are tasked to serve primarily as archers, drawing their swords only if it is absolutely necessary." Bows rules, swords drool!

Ooh, rations are a good idea.
And honestly if I happened to give the difference away to Heimin children, that would be completely in character- Hero of The People, and all that.

That does sound pretty hilarious. Regular arrows are re-usable too, though! Just wash those suckers real good, get off the eye-goo.  

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:12 pm
Joseph Severn
That does sound pretty hilarious. Regular arrows are re-usable too, though! Just wash those suckers real good, get off the eye-goo.

They are if 1.) The target doesn't break them off when they're all pincushioned up, and 2.) The target doesn't run off with them still in their hide.

Also, I guess, 3.) If you don't miss and the shot goes wild. Still a possibility, I guess.

All humming bulbs would ignore the first two possibilities. Though I guess the target could start picking them up to run off with them. In which case, gives me more time to fweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeBONK!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:44 pm
Rain Yupa

They are if 1.) The target doesn't break them off when they're all pincushioned up, and 2.) The target doesn't run off with them still in their hide.

Also, I guess, 3.) If you don't miss and the shot goes wild. Still a possibility, I guess.

All humming bulbs would ignore the first two possibilities. Though I guess the target could start picking them up to run off with them. In which case, gives me more time to fweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeBONK!

...hilarious! surprised  

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:53 pm
Rain Yupa
Can you mark your school skills?

And you get some free gaijin pepper with your advantage. Don't forget to include it in your equipment!

Also, your 3 suggestions are the last I'm waiting for.

I'm upset because a trend that started with the first couple suggestions sent in didn't continue, or else this would have been a lulzy province.

All requests fulfilled.

I could've sworn I wrote down the pepper in my equipment before, but oh well. I remembered I had it, my bag just forgot.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:54 pm
Quote:
You will note that the Tsuruchi starting outfit doesn't include a Katana.

We often talk about this. The consensus is all but very few samurai have the full Daisho. In many cases, such as Kitsune Hikaru's, the social significance of wielding a Katana undermines their actual position. He's not a bushi, not a duelist, nor a warrior.

Therefore, Hikaru's katana hangs in a place of honor back in Kyuden Mori and he will require a champion should he be forced to engage in an Iaijutsu duel. That Hikaru can use his wakazashi with a modicum of skill is an acknowledgement that the badge of office is still a sword.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:19 pm
Plainsfox

We often talk about this. The consensus is all but very few samurai have the full Daisho. In many cases, such as Kitsune Hikaru's, the social significance of wielding a Katana undermines their actual position. He's not a bushi, not a duelist, nor a warrior.

Therefore, Hikaru's katana hangs in a place of honor back in Kyuden Mori and he will require a champion should he be forced to engage in an Iaijutsu duel. That Hikaru can use his wakazashi with a modicum of skill is an acknowledgement that the badge of office is still a sword.

This is true; but it has an additional dimension for Tsuruchi.

They previously shattered their swords; and my personal head-canon is that by being bushi who don't wear a Katana, they're intimating subtly that they don't need one- a more understated rejection of samurai norms.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:27 pm
I don't suppose you guys would have room for another character? sweatdrop

Valyrian Steel

Vicious Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • PvP 200

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:32 pm
And previously, they had the backing of the Emerald Champion, for his own reasons. If you messed with the Wasp Clan, you were messing with Doji Sasume. Not a wise thing to do.

Now, the Tsuruchi family needs to tread very, very carefully in court. Most of their protections are gone and only one small bushi school really offers anything in the way of Iaijutsu training, should it be needed.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:03 pm
Yeah, they kinda have a lot of problems! Ain't it grand. :3
Nowadays I suppose messing with the wasp would technically be messing with the Mantis, but....that's not something most clans are really all that reluctant to do.  

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:14 pm
Valyrian Steel

It's already at high capacity and it was invite only (because most of the players here were stuck waiting for a point to jump in and the old games got bogged down by nonposters and life events). I'm afraid I'll have to say no for now but I'll keep you in mind for if anyone drops, okay?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:25 pm
Rain Yupa
Valyrian Steel

It's already at high capacity and it was invite only (because most of the players here were stuck waiting for a point to jump in and the old games got bogged down by nonposters and life events). I'm afraid I'll have to say no for now but I'll keep you in mind for if anyone drops, okay?

Alright. No worries.

Valyrian Steel

Vicious Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • PvP 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:31 pm
Lookie! Game!