Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[FATE Core] Closed: Lack of Interest Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:32 am
left hooks in there on purpose smile

weather it's been a day or two or even a week since the leaving of the gang and the starting of this 'guild' Blacksun will put two and two together when they see her wearing the cloak.

I feel kinda sad for this city. 5 people 5 issues with 5 impending issues... we will have a LOT of work ahead of us burning_eyes

PS: I noted that the Utharit seem to have animal qualities if I am not mistaken and since there are other races present not mentioned I will be slightly changing my characters appearance (it just feels wrong to have a native full human in a melting pot city). beyond that my original character post has been updated.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:05 pm
I had more or less assumed it was intentional, yes. :3

And that's the idea, actually; if the city was doing just fine, it would hardly need a cadre of adventurers to help it out.

The Utharit are basically goblinoids; hairy, big ol' pointy ears, sharp teeth. A lot of their sub-races have animalistic -mental- qualities, because they've basically been lobotomized to serve as living siege engines or weapons.

Anyways, feel free to make any changes you like: nothing's set in stone until I accept the character. If you'd like to be helpful, re-post the revised sections.  

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

Ploof_Chan

Anxious Firestarter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:35 pm
This took soooooo long. But i finally have something to post.
i also typed this all in note pad soo there are probably spelling errors galore (don't worry too much about them i'll fix them when i get the chance).
lemme know your thoughts.
sweatdrop

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mienna Bell

Apperance: About 23 years of age in appreance...if a bug can apear old? This Choragat woman stands about 5ft 8, atop 2 pairs of legs.
Each bowing with a gentle curve of muscle, mimiking the shape of delecate flower petals.
Her overal color is an opaque white, higlighted with soft pinks and yellows. From the
front she looks much like a praying mantis long cocked arms, Large watchful eyes, and a slinder
torso. From the back A pair of long beatle like wings stretch from her hips to the tip of her
elongated backside. They are Glossy black, smooth and shinny
Her shoulders a network of colorful glowing nubs of gold and pink. The length of her backside, though hidden mostly by her wings looks much the same, shining a more brilliant gold near the end.

History: Like most of her race, she was born and raised by a comunity of her peers. She learned much
in the few years she was there and had a fondness for one elder in particular, An Apothecary named Thod.
After she molted into her adult form she tirelessly saught him out.
By then he was much older of course, a mothlike choragat with wings hosting an ellaborat network of seafoam greens
and radiant blues, spotted and proud. He now stood before her dulled and dusty. His eyes, They told a story of a many great travels.
Stories and lessons of old and new that she so desparately wanted to learn. And In her time with him he taught her all he could. She learned much of the land, its flora, and of course many things an apothicary need know, like practical medicine, setting bone
poision cures, and a multitude of ellixers and drafts to help with other simple sicknesses. And a milling of things like weapon crafting Thod said he had picked up somewhere, and Mienna was more than happy to learn as well.

Traveling Tyrithtree was never dull with Thod, and helped her to make a few connections with people, opening doors to many places.
And being rewarded greatly for their efforts. But not all could be saved, And those plegued by an endless sickness, or incureable pain
she killed mercifully knowing that death would bring a swifter peace than any remedy she could provide.
Though some would not agree..and many have not forgiven.

High Concept: Apothecary's Apprentace
Trouble: familiar face

Skills:
4+[Lore]
3+[Empathy][Investigation]
2+[Deceive][Stealth][Craft]
1+[Contacts][Notice][will][Shoot]

Stunts:
#'Alchemical Grenadier: You may use the shoot skill to toss alchemical grenades;
you may produce more such grenades with a Lore or Crafts roll.
#'Lie Whisperer: +2 to all Empathy rolls made to discern or discover lies,
whether they’re directed at you or someone else.
#'The Power of Deduction. Once per scene you can spend a fate point
(and a few minutes of observation) to make a special Investigate roll representing
your potent deductive faculties. For each shift you make on this roll you discover or
create an aspect, on either the scene or the target of your observations,
though you may only invoke one of them for free

Current Iss. mysterious disparing wails arise from deep within the canyons of
Tyrithtree causing nightmearish halusinations

Impending Iss. Strange rumors spread as ships in bound for Tyrithtree show up without crew.

person: Thod the restless Apothecary. A mothlike Choragat with scragly wings of browns
and glistening greens and blues. Eyes as wide and enchanting as a clear stary night sky. one could
wonder for years what secrets unraveled behind those eyes under his curious gaze.

place: SweetAlements; A popular destination for travelers and locals alike. if your looking
for pricy entertainment or a bit of information, this is the place to go.

Group asp: Brothers in Binds

Stress
Physical: 2
Mental: 3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:15 pm
Okiedoke! Let's have a look-see...

I'll ignore the proofing errors, since you're going to get to them. ^^

Just so I'm sure I've got a good idea of her appearance: does she have humanoid-style legs? I'm not sure what 'mimicking the shape of flower petals' means. Other than that...bipedal mantis with an elongated posterior and beetle wings in a contrasting shade, phosphorescent nodules. Sounds neat!

History seems good; establishes all the main points. I'm curious why she's got a habit of mercy-killing patients- it seems at odds with the rest of her persona?

Explain what the trouble means- why does having a familiar face, or encountering a familiar face, bring chaos into her life?

Skills look good; stunts look good, Alchemical Grenadier is approved as an original stunt.

Current issue....sounds good in concept, could probably be worded more concisely: "Haunting wails cause nightmarish visions".

Impeding issue is great! One hundred percent awesome, I can totally use that.

I like that her important person is a friendly, personal connection. That's good story material. Place is decent, no problems there.

Group aspect is great, I like that a lot.

Stress totals check out.

Thanks much!  

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:15 am
And here's a lovely map of Tyrithtree, courtesy of Malteel.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:16 am
Joseph Severn

I was going for an orchid mantis style so i tried describing the shapes as best i could. they look like flowers. [orchid mantis]
but to answer, yes they are more humanoid but their shape is still reflective of an orchid mantis. **correction she has 4 legs

The killing i guess i was going more for like being requested to kill. the patient dosen't want to go on or other similar things. they realize there is no hope? its not that she wants to but that they plea with her i guess... i'll think a bit more on it. i might have phrased it weird.
Also that was to tie into the group aspect and her trouble to some degree.

her trouble i guess works in good and bad ways.
#1---She has a familiar face because she's helped a fair amount of sickly people, but also shes familiar to those she's upset by killing/not being able to treat their friends/family members and they resent her for it. maybe even have a vendetta?

#2---Also it could be that faces around her, those that are sickly or in pain around Tyrithtree, bring up memories good or bad of people she's treated in the past. they haunt her.

though im leaning more towards the first idea. Because the with the group aspect, it would make sense that someone with a hatred for her would seek her out or have her sought out and brought to justice. (put in binds/locked up)  

Ploof_Chan

Anxious Firestarter

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:53 am
Ah, I see! Well, that clears it up nicely. I'm very fond of all sorts of flower mantis, so yay- and yes, I think four legs makes more sense anatomically speaking.

Hm, I see; that put a different complexion on it, and within the cultural framework of a society like this one it's certainly something that has legitimacy- there are quite a few things that can't be cured.

Those are both strong concepts regarding her trouble; and the fun thing about aspects is, the more meanings they have, the better- so you can have both options- she's familiar to others, and the faces of the stricken are familiar to her.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:35 pm
Sounds like fun! I'll start thinking up character ideas.

Also, the map is lovely.  

Starry Night Gem

Tipsy Regular

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:47 pm
Excellent! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:29 am
here is my slight change in appearance.

appearance: 21 years old 5 feet 4 inches tall and 132 pounds. her eyes are gold and her short hair is almost pitch black and runs down most her back like a mane. she has slightly pointed ears and is rather pale, when in the sun light almost has a green tint to her skin. thin and lanky in build with scars across most of her arms and a few others on her chest and legs and one noticeable scar across her face (from above her left eyebrow to just above the right side of her jaw). they are mostly hidden by her clothing. she also has unretractable claws that she keeps filed down as there are easier to live with that way.

she wears a leather vest and bracers on her arms (leaving her upper arms exposed) and linen pants with leather boots that almost go up to her knees. she also wears her latest trophy; a tattered black silk cape with gold embroidered on the edges.  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:26 pm
Noted! Sounds interesting. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:35 am
spell checked it for now and edited a few things.

Mienna Bell

Appearance: About 23 years of age in appearance. (If A bug can appear old?) This Choragat woman stands about 5ft 8, atop 2 pairs of legs. Each bowing with a gentle curve of muscle, mimicking the shape of delicate flower petals. Her overall color is an opaque white, highlighted with soft pinks and yellows. From the front she looks much like a praying mantis: long cocked arms, Large watchful eyes, and a slender torso. From the back A pair of long beetle like wings stretch from her hips to the tip of her elongated backside. They are Glossy black, smooth and shinny
Her shoulders are a network of colorful glowing nubs of gold and pink. The length of her backside, though hidden mostly by her wings looks much the same, shining a more brilliant gold near the end.

History: Like most of her race, she was born and raised by a community of her peers. She learned much in the few years she was there and had a fondness for one elder in particular. An Apothecary named Thod. After she molted into her adult form she tirelessly sought him out. By then he was much older of course, a mothlike choragat with wings hosting an elaborate network of seafoam greens and radiant blues, spotted and proud. He now stood before her dulled and dusty. His eyes, They told a story of a many great travels. Stories and lessons of old and new that she so desperately wanted to learn. And In her time with him he taught her all he could. She learned much of the land, its flora, and of course many things an apothecary need know, like practical medicine, setting bone, poison cures, and a multitude of elixirs and drafts to help with other simple sicknesses. And a milling of things like weapon crafting Thod said he had picked up somewhere, and Mienna was more than happy to learn as well.

Traveling Tyrithtree was never dull with Thod, and helped her to make a few connections with people, opening doors to many places. And being rewarded greatly for their efforts. But not all could be saved, And those plagued by an endless sickness, or incurable pain begged her for peace, knowing that death would bring a swifter peace than any remedy she could provide.
Though some families and friends would not agree with their decisions. And many have not forgiven Mienna.

High Concept: Apothecary's Apprentice
Trouble: familiar face

Skills:
4+[Lore]
3+[Empathy][Investigation]
2+[Deceive][Stealth][Craft]
1+[Contacts][Notice][will][Shoot]

Stunts:
#'Alchemical Grenadier: You may use the shoot skill to toss alchemical grenades; you may produce more such grenades with a Lore or Crafts roll.
#'Lie Whisperer: +2 to all Empathy rolls made to discern or discover lies, whether they’re directed at you or someone else.
#'The Power of Deduction. Once per scene you can spend a fate point (and a few minutes of observation) to make a special Investigate roll representing your potent deductive faculties. For each shift you make on this roll you discover or create an aspect, on either the scene or the target of your observations, though you may only invoke one of them for free

Current Issue: Haunting wails cause nightmarish visions

Impending Issue: Strange rumors spread as ships in bound for Tyrithtree show up without crew.

Person: Thod the restless Apothecary. A mothlike Choragat with scraggly wings of browns and glistening greens and blues. Eyes as wide and enchanting as a clear starry night sky. One could wonder for years what secrets unraveled behind those eyes under his curious gaze.

Place: SweetAlements; A popular destination for travelers and locals alike. If your looking for pricey entertainment or a bit of information, this is the place to go.

Group asp: Brothers in Binds

Stress
Physical: 2
Mental: 3

Ploof_Chan

Anxious Firestarter

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:08 pm
An excellent revision. ^^ Good work!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:36 am
anyone else interested? we're only 2 people short of a full set......  

Xenar1

Enduring Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Gender Ender

Doting Darling

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:40 pm
As an advisory to all prospective players; as of now, I'm going to give it another week to see if I get enough submissions/interest that I feel it's worthwhile and possible to move forward.

If I don't get enough interest by that deadline, I'll shelve the game for the moment; however, should I do so, I will save current profiles and anyone who's applied presently will have a chance to do so again if/when I restart the game at a later date.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff